Rewrite the Stars
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
He had spoken with Vai. Remi was next on his list, but he had been coming into town too often in his human disguise of late, and even with news that Zariah was gone he felt his hackles prickling. Was it a trap, to get them to let their guards down? Was she simply waiting in her manor to see who would come out of the woodwork in her supposed ‘absence?’ Or was she truly gone – not for good, more was the pity, but at least for a little while? He didn’t know whether to trust Edy’s notice completely, but he would have to go and see her soon for that and other reasons…

And in the meantime, there were still other weights upon his soul that he needed to try and lift.

So it was on wings darkened by dyes and soot that he flew over the settlement, just one more corvid drawn by the effluvia of human habitation, their food and their shiny things and gardens filled with seeds and bugs and rodents and all manner of treasures. Unlike others of his kind, however, he didn’t head for those places with bustling colors or shadowed alleys. Instead he circled over the Monster Hunter’s Guild, an apt omen for their often bloody work. If he wasn’t lucky here he could try the Alchemy Shop, but it seemed fate smiled on him as two small forms took shape beneath him, and he flared his wings to a neat landing on the stone wall, looking down at the pair with a bright blue eye.

Remi? he called tentatively, reaching out towards the alchemist for the second time through the Attuned link. It was that or shift in full view of another… and other than Rory he still wasn’t sure he was ready for that yet. Speaking mind-to-mind was growing easier each time he practiced, and after the search for Emmett, Remi had earned his trust in that regard.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Я
Aoife the Brave was currently in the process of slaying a ferocious swamp-lion. She had covered the lion in all sorts of grasses (and various flower-crowns that she had decided against eating) and was now swinging around a sword (made of soft fibres), and repeatedly stabbing the lion over and over. Roaring and struggling to evade the tiny hero, the lion eventually dragged himself across the grass, flopping down into an obviously dead heap. Clapping and cackling, Aoife tumbled against his tawny chest, tugging at his whiskers, which was, of course, her method of revival.

mmmm? Remi thought back instantly, opening his amber eyes and squinting upwards. Oblivious to all of this, Aoife hit him right in the nose for his tardiness. Spying a rather dirty looking bird—it was only the blue eyes that gave Jigano away—Remi flashed the raven a fanged grin. Nudging Aoife softly as he rolled onto his side and distracting her with his tufted tail, he turned his shattered vision back towards the bard.

Clever. He observed, having just now realized that Jigano's disguises spilled over to his shifts as well. Ronin is out. Remi offered helpfully, assuming that was who the loreseeker had come to find.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Remi was the only lion Jigano had ever seen on Caido, but he'd never seen the other Attuned bedecked in such finery before. Flowers and grasses made for a curious garb, a prince of nature, but the tiny Aoife seemed to be responsible for much of the decor and the bard fluffed his feathers, amused in spite of the grave nature of his visit at the mighty slaying taking place below.

At the acknowledgment of his presence, he hopped down into the yard, careful to stay far enough away from the little one that she wouldn't be tempted to grab onto delicate feathers with curious hands - or at least, if she tried, that he could flutter out of reach until Remi could distract her again. He hadn't the faintest idea of how to deal with babies or small children, and decided that they were best interacted with from a distance. Just in case. Remi seemed to have a knack for them, though, and Jigano was glad to bow to the alchemist's expertise with them.

He might have puffed his chest out just a little at the compliment, though he tried not to let it show too much. Ah, thank you. But actually, I was looking for you. He tilted his head at the lion, taking the time to properly study Remi's eyes for the first time since the midsummer festival, a trickle of concern filtering through the Attuned bond. How are you healing, by the way? I never heard what happened, but I'd hoped Isla and Vai... well. I'm sure you're tired of people asking. He croaked sheepishly, resettling his wings as he tried to curb his curiosity.

I've actually come because... well. Did Amalia tell you what happened at the Spire, with the Tulmhainar and Safrin?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Я
Me? Remi said with a hint of surprise, though as he was promptly bonked on the head against with the sword, the surprised turned to mischievous agitation. Looking over his shoulder, the lion snarled at Aoife as any farther lion might do to a youngster pushing their limits. At the sound, Aoife paused, her lip on the verge of trembling as crocodile tears appeared in her starry gazed. Flicking an ear and not buying the act at all, Remi lowered his head suddenly as if meaning to pounce. Instantly the woe-is-me act was gone, and Aoife flopped onto his hindquarters with a happy cackle and began picking grass.

Arduinna. He answered with a weighty shrug, unable to smile, but pulsing a rather
melancholy and wounded smile towards the bard. No, it is alright. They did try. Whatever is on Arduinna's nails did more than just physical damage. But...I can see. In a way.' Scrunching his nose and looking at Jigano, he narrowed his eyes and focused. The world is mostly gray...sometimes things are very hard to distinguish, especially if they are unfamiliar. People though, or shifted attuned vary. Like right now, your eyes look as if someone dropped two sapphires onto a table and illuminated them with light. The rest of it though? With another shrug, Remi sighed. Fairly boring.

Flicking an ear forward again, his leonine eyes rather expressive, Remi nodded slightly. A little, yes. I heard a bit more from Ronin, and then a bit more still from Vai. We...made a shrine for Safrin out in the fields. She appeared, then, apparently quite sick. She—" It was hard to trail off mentally, since all the emotions accompanying his words were still there: grief, fear, panic. —has the blight. And then, in a voice tinged with unfettered concern added, Ronin does too.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Arduinna. So many warnings about the Lady of the Greatwood, and Jigano had felt her power for himself, but this was the first time he had seen one of her punishments and his feathers bristled in a combination of surprise and fear. If humans wished to walk in the Wildwood they could not avoid dealing with her, but Remi's current state was a harsh reminder of just how carefully they would need to treat with the Wild Fae.

In my defense, I'm going for boring right now, the bard admitted with an edge of humor, a flicker of curiosity and pleasure tickling through the link at the description of his eyes. He wasn't one to be moved by flattery usually... but as a wise man once said, it never hurt! I'm glad it's not complete, though. Perhaps... He hesitated, then let the thought fade away unfinished. Maea's sight had been returned to her, but if it took the intervention of a god to do so, well... Ludo wasn't the safest one for the alchemist to ask, Safrin was missing (last he'd heard), and Frey... One never knew what one would get with the god of nature. But Remi knew that - and Them - better than most, and if he hadn't approached them (or worse, approached and been rebuffed) then there was no point rubbing salt on the wound.

News of the shrine was surprising enough that the raven hopped forward a little, blue eyes bright and curious. His status as fugitive meant he didn't see Amalia nearly as often as he would like to, and this was a tale he was hearing for the first time. He visibly wilted from relief at hearing that Safrin had actually appeared. Even if she was sick, at least she wasn't gone! But something was wrong, very wrong, the Attuned bond becoming jumbled with negative emotions and the bard chirred soothingly before Remi's next words struck him silent.

...Oh. Very soft, very stunned, trying to wrap his mind around not only the goddess being struck, but their leader, his friend... Remi's betrothed. I... I am sorry to hear that. Do you know... is it because they both went into the Spire?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Я
The lion chuckled and shook his head. Your human disguise is equally as convincing. And boring. He added with a lazy leonine wink. I would normally say with Zariah gone there is no need. But I have been wrong on nearly every account when it comes to her— Specifically that he had truly believed she'd never stoop so low as to threaten Aoife, a fact that he needed little reminding of —so perhaps it is still wise. I am not sure Edy will be a worse ruler than the Merciless, but... Shrugging enough to convey emotion, but not so much as to upset Aoife's balance, the alchemist offered the bard a sincere look. I made an invisibility cloak. If all this continues, or gets worse, you are welcome to it.

There was very little Remi ever said that seemed to surprise Jigano—tales of his stupidity aside—but given that both Deimos and Amalia were there, he was surprised indeed news hadn't filtered back yet. Apparently Zariah's oppressive rule was more ingrained than he had thought.

Pulling in a breath as he reminded himself to continue to flop his tail for Aoife lest he be stabbed again, Remi shook his head slowly. For Safrin, yes. For Ronin...no. It sounds like whatever happens to her, happens to him, because of how they are...ahh, linked? When it comes to this, anyways. Had he hands, he would have rubbed one across his eyes. Both Amalia and Ronin though seem confident they will be able to solve the problem of the blight though. Not bothering to hide it, Remi's skepticism was healthily fueled by his worry not only for his friends, but for Ronin. For Aoife. And selfishly, for himself.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
I’m not sure she is gone and that it’s not just a trap to try and lure out fugitives like myself… he hesitated, then gave a wry flip of his wings. But that is perhaps giving myself too much credit for being a thorn in her side. Still, safe is better than sorry, as they say. Edy seems to think Zariah will return, so I don’t think she will flaunt her cousin’s rules too far. But I also think she is more reasonable than Zariah, based purely on personal, anecdotal evidence, he admitted. I am going to try and talk to her, at least. And if that fails and she throws me in jail anyways, perhaps you can use that cloak to get me out with none the wiser. He winked a sly blue eye at the lion, but his humor faded and he bobbed his head in sincere gratitude at the offer of the enchanted item. It is a princely gift, and I do thank you for it. But… Deimos told me that Zariah has threatened Amalia now, as well. I would rather she have it. Or Ronin, in case he needs to get Aoife away in a hurry, the raven added grimly, nodding towards the happily-playing child. I do not know how much we dare take for granted at this point, and she can’t protect herself the way the adults can. He didn’t need to tell Remi to protect her; the lion doted on her as lovingly as any father by blood, and Jigano had no doubt at all that he would defend the girl to his last breath.

News of Ronin’s illness – and Safrin’s – left the bard uncharacteristically quiet as Remi spoke, the raven crouching low and silent as he took it all in. Remi’s assumption about the link between Ronin and Safrin made a great deal of sense, and the optimism Ronin and Amalia shared as well. We knew the Blight came from within the barrier, he said slowly at last, mind turning. And suspected it had something to do with the Voice. But… if it is the Spire itself… or something in it… He tilted his head, thoughts whirling madly as he tried to pull together the bits and pieces of conversations, information, whispers, rumors, and what he had seen with his own eyes.

In the basement of the Spire there are plants that produce a noxious, poisonous gas, he said slowly, trying to calm his thoughts enough to put wild speculation into words. I… do not think they are the cause of the Blight, for none of us who went down there after the Tulmhainar were infected… except Safrin. But I do not know that we can rule it out, either. Not yet, at least. I had actually come here today to ask your help with them. The Tulmhainar’s last words to me were directions… well. A hint, at least, on how to kill them and stop their poison from spreading. There is another ancient creature still down there, one she was protecting from the poison until the end, but now that she is gone I’m afraid we don’t have much time to save him. Perhaps it may help others as well. But she said we would need the combined powers of masters of earth, air, and either fire or life drain magics to kill the plants, and that they would become more deadly as they died. He looked grimly at Remi, nodding to Aife.

Vai, mistress of air, has already agreed to return with me. I intend to ask Deimos and Rory as well, for they are skilled in their own magics. You are the strongest earth mage that I know… the only earth mage, he admitted honestly. But a master of it. But… it will be very dangerous, and I would understand if you do not want to leave Ronin and Aoife at this time.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Я
For his part, the lion could merely roll his tawny shoulders unhelpfully. I would not put it past Zariah, that is for sure. As for Edy? Remi considered. His dealings with the Launceleyn were few and far between. She'd told him of the sex cave Loren was apparently in with another partner and had served as his primary contact at the Rathskeller. Apart from that, his knowledge of the fire mage was inexorably linked with his views on the Launceleyns as a whole. Wrly, the lion bared his teeth in a grin. A jail? While there may indeed be chains involved, I am not sure conventional punishment is what you might expect from Edy. Whether that would be a blessing or a curse for the bard, Remi had no idea.

Knowing full well about Amalia's situation but having been sworn to secrecy (why? he didn't really know), the lion merely bobbed his head. I did offer to make her one, and Ronin too. Softly he shook his head, his mane wavering languidly as he did so. I do not truthfully know the limits of what my magic can do, but for this I would happily find out. Not that I think Ronin would ever take me up on the offer, but having a few invisibility cloaks around might not be such a bad thing.

As if on cue, Aoife let out a peel of laughter, swatting at a group of flowers with her sword and sending the heads of the blooms flying. Cackling and pushing a messy dark curl from her face, Aoife the Brave went to investigate her kill. Appeased with the sacrifice of the garden (for now), she began to smash the blooms against Remi's pale coat, staining him with bright pinks and greens.

As he was want to do, Remi let the bard work out the implications without offering his own thoughts. Jigano had so much more knowledge at his fingertips, and anything the alchemist might add would be uselessly encumbered by his own selfish worries for Ronin's safety. Sam said the Voice is not taking responsibility...for whatever that is worth. The lion said with a shrug.  

Ears perking forward at the request for aid, Remi tilted his head. As far as he knew the basement of the Spire was fairly uninhabitable. Even Vai with her healing magic hadn't been able to sustain the group for long. What sort of creature? The lion implored. Not that it mattered, he'd give his assistance anyhow, but he was curious just the same. Earth, or, and fire or death? That certainly sounded grim.

Mistress of air? That made the lion smirk, the mental link pulsing warmly with affection and a healthy dose of amusement. Vai would likely hate being called that. He'd have to remember to specifically refer to as that next time he saw her.

The only earth mage.

Ah.

Remi sucked in a breath, but his acceptance was immediate. Of course I will help. Feelings of worry were flushed away with the need to try and fulfill Ronin and Amalia's promise to Safrin. If answers were down there, Remi too would go. I have one request. Remi said with a boyish mental trill, his accent warbling as affection laced his words. That we go after my wedding. If anything is to happen to me, at least let it be after I am married. Though his tone was bright with the alchemist's normal brand of cheerfulness, there was an undercurrent of dark truth to it. Danger was the reason the two men were getting married so quickly after all. Time was short and precious.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
He couldn’t quite snort in his bird form, but the sense of it came through the Attuned link, humor and a piquant hint of ‘no thanks’ to the thought of Edy and chains and the decidedly awkward place that was going. She might not have been as close with him as Amalia was, but he still felt fondly protective of the Launceleyn wildcat and the thought of a sexual encounter with her was just… weird.

Invisibility cloaks were a much safer topic, and one Jigano retreated to with a bit of relief. It sounds as though we are all so busy trying to protect each other that we aren’t always remembering to protect ourselves. He chirred thoughtfully for a moment, then bobbed his head. I was letting my worry for our friends and my pride speak before, he admitted. If I manage to talk my way out of jail, I would gladly accept your gift. If I do end up in jail… well. I’ll still accept it, but it might be useful for whoever comes to get me to wear on the way in. His wry humor slipped through the bond, even as he chortled a rattling raven’s laugh.

His eyes watched Aoife’s flower-slaying antics even as his mind raced down other avenues. Mention of Sam would have had ears perking forward if he’d had them, but the bird had to settle for hopping – rather comically, though he didn’t realize it. Sam is alright? He went missing and I haven’t seen him… well. Not so surprising, I suppose. His admission was rueful, given that he knew of his friend’s own ability to become invisible. But he was well when you spoke? Remi already seemed skeptical of the Voice’s honesty, and there was little more that Jigano could add to his healthy wariness towards the goddess.

When we first went into the Spire, back in Flowerbirth, there was a second chamber beyond where the Tulmhainar lived, he tried to explain. In it there was a pillar of light guarded by a gigantic serpent. It was almost like he was made of living stone, but his fangs were as long my forearms. He wasn’t hostile… or at least, not towards myself and Roana. And he spoke to me, along the Attuned link. Jigano hesitated, deflating again as he bowed his head at the memory. I tried to get him to leave, but he wouldn’t abandon his guardianship of the light. That light might very well be a portal, according to the book Amalia recovered for Safrin. I thought he died in the cave-in after the Spire started shaking… but the Tulmhainar said he was alive, as she had survived, and that she had been protecting him from the poison.

In truth, Jigano hadn’t been sure Remi would accept. The alchemist was usually quick to agree to such things, he thought, but that had been before Aoife and Ronin’s return. Now… well. To be honest… that is why I would prefer not to ask you, he admitted, ducking his head guiltily. You’ve been through so much already, and you’ve earned as much peace with your family as you can find. If there was any way I could let you stay here with Ronin and Aoife, I would, both for you and for them. But… I don’t know of any other way than this. Remi and Vai both, with their young children, were the last pair he wanted to bring in such a dangerous quest. And yet, according to the Tulmhainar, they were both indispensable. He raised his head a little, trying to bring the mood back up from where he had dragged it down. But of course we can wait for the wedding. I saw the notice, and I meant to congratulate you both! His gaze drifted to the laughing child who was covering the lion in more flowers and grass stains, and a sly twinkle came into his blue eye. And I think I know just what to get you…
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Я
I think we have all been fairly guilty of that lately. Remi replied with a grin. Or perhaps always. Amalia easily sacrificed herself for others, Ronin, Deimos...Rory had been badly burned during LongNight which Remi could only assume was an outcome of a similar gesture, and from what the alchemist had seen, though Jigano was normally one to take care, he was fairly certain he'd also lay down his life for those he cared for.

Well, let us hope it does not come to that. Remi agreed.

Mmmm, yes. I saw him just before left, and then again oh...a week or so ago. Whatever he is doing out there, invisibility helps I am sure, but... Trailing off, Remi's whiskers twitched into what was likely meant to be a frown. He seems both lonely, and yet steadfast in his desire to stay alone. He suggested Ronin and Aoife and I run away and live in the woods with him, but then when the conversation was over he just...went. Their mental connection would reveal that Remi thought perhaps it had more to do with his history with Sam than anything else, a sentiment that weighed heavily on his conscious.

A portal? Like the one that brought us all here? Remi asked, latching onto what was likely the least interesting part of the story from Jigano's point of view. As fascinated as he was to learn that there was a guardian beneath the Spire, hesitation bloomed brightly in the back of his mind at the thought of losing the life he had so luckily found here.

Think nothing of it. I am happy to assist if I can Remi said with a shake of his elegant mane. It was in his nature, much to Jigano's previous chagrin, how easily Remi willingly walked into danger. He'd have to speak to Ronin about it, but given that Ronin had just recently gone into the Spire for nearly the exact same reason, he couldn't see his partner actively telling him to stay.

Oh? Flower remover, perhaps? Remi guessed with a cheeky grin.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Again the soundless snort of agreement, Jigano offering a wing-flaring bow of acknowledgment to Remi's point. Admittedly, he hadn't used to be quite so self-sacrificing without the world being at stake... But, as Rory was fond of saying, things changed. And maybe Remi's way of doing things wasn't quite so baffling as it used to be, when he had first arrived.

Not that he was quite ready to admit it in so many words yet. Caido may have changed him, and for the better, but he had no shortage of flaws to cling to and his pride was hardly the least of the lot.

With Edy in charge, it might not, Jigano agreed, allowing the moment of optimism to linger and color his excitement at hearing that Sam was well and still around, even if they couldn't see him. The hope faded as Remi concluded the tale in its unexpectedly abrupt end, no less surprised than the bard at how quickly the bookmaker had retreated. Jigano croaked softly to himself for a moment, thoughtful as he considered his words before clicking his tongue against his beak unhappily. He had a lifetime of loneliness before this past year. Despite all that has happened to him since, the friends he has made... it might still be easier for him to retreat to what he knows when placed under as much stress as Zariah has created. It sounded as though Sam had reached out and, when Remi hadn't been able to agree to his new family running and hiding, had retreated. Hopefully, given time and Zariah's continued absence, the gentle bookmaker would find his courage and return to them again. And perhaps now that he knew that there was an Ascended running around in the woods, he could do a bit of searching himself...

But there were snakes to save and portals to possibly unearth, even if it meant putting his friends in danger once more. Jigano shared his tale a second time, and blue eyes gleamed as Remi showed interest in the tidbit he hadn't been certain whether to share or not. His opinion of the alchemist rose a bit more, and he bobbed his head in confirmation. A portal. Similar to the ones that brought us here... maybe, he added, in the name of honesty. No way to tell for sure until we examine it, but Roana jumped through it and disappeared from the Hollowed Grounds until the barrier came down and she returned. Safrin's book showed what looked like a series of portals that might help us reach other parts of Caido, though, so I'm guessing this is one of those. Whether they could help people get home again... might depend on many things. If these were created by the Voice, and if she's willing to put enough power into them to stretch between worlds... and if she can even find the worlds that people previously came from. Many, many ifs, and few enough answers to be found up here. They would need to go down again to learn more about it, and that was a task made far more dangerous by the poisonous plants.

And maybe Remi could help shift that stone wall that had appeared... perhaps it had been raised to protect the serpent from the gas?

I am immensely grateful for your assistance, the raven said gravely, refusing to think nothing of Remi's willingness to help him and instead bowing deeply as best he could in his avian form.

At least when he rose again there was the chance for lightness, and he chortled at Aoife's antics. Less messy flowers! he teased back, his mind already racing with mischief. A trip to the forge was in order, if he could stay out of prison...
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Я
Remi wanted to disagree with Jigano, if only out of a desire to re-write Sam's history to prove the bard wrong. He wasn't though, not in the slightest, and that made the words all the harder to accept. I think it is not just lonliness. I think... Remi's mental express crumpled, and his leonine gaze lowered to the ground as he sipped the air as if it were something bitter. I think he wants to be in love. Or perhaps more correctly...he wants someone to love him. A special sort of guilt and remorse flooded through the lion, knowing that at one time, Sam had wanted that person to be him. It was only after the irreparable was already done, that it turned out that Remi had wanted that as well.

Listening in stunned silence, Remi chewed on the bard's descriptions. So...a portal not between worlds, but just between places here? That was certainly soothing. I take it the magic is meant to...help remove the poisonous gas? Or is this more of a ritualistic grouping of elements, do you think?

Though Aoife couldn't hear them, her childlike intuition told her they were talking about her (read: Aoife always thought she was the centre of every conversation, even silent ones), and shot the palish raven a devilish smile, her starry-eyes flashing with amusement.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Remi knew Sam better even than Jigano did, the bard thought. Or at least, he had before memories had become matchsticks, burning away from both of them, taken by force or given up freely. The passion that had burned between them had been replaced with something different, something he hadn't had much opportunity to see, but Sam spoke of Remi as a friend, and the alchemist did likewise. The feathered bard tilted his head to listen to what Remi thought, but the sad words brought a new dimension to the relationship between the two men that had him bowing his head. Yes... He is already loved... just not in a romantic way, the raven agreed, regret in his voice. He knew it was something that Sam craved, but that wasn't something either of the men in the Guild's courtyard could do anything about now. Time had moved forward, too much had happened that could not be undone, and though an important love had been lost, Jigano hoped that the friendship that remained would be even stronger - and less prone to meddling from angry gods. And they could always hope that the bookmaker might meet someone else in the future who would bring him the happiness he deserved.

It wasn't likely to happen while he was hiding alone in the Woods... but stranger things had happened.

Again he nodded confirmation at Remi's understanding of the portals, or at least of what Jigano guessed the portals were. I... am not entirely sure, he admitted, deflating a little. The Tulmhainar said that was what was needed, but she was too weak to explain more. And Amalia had called him out of there just before Safrin had begun raining starlight and raw determination down up on the Spire to crack it open for the great world tortoise. I think it's a means to kill the plants, though? Wind magic to keep the gas away from us, earth magic and life drain or fire to kill them. If it's a ritual, I don't know how to arrange the magics or use them to subdue the poison. He hesitated, then tilted his head to the side, bobbing a wink at Aoife and her strange, beautiful eyes as he continued talking to the lion at her side. Can your magic change one living thing into another, perhaps? Turn them into a more harmless kind of plant?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Я
"Mmmmm." The alchemist hummed in agreement. Though the note was melodic through the bond, it manifested audibly as a strange sort of growl in the back of his throat. He deserves someone special. He concluded almost numbly, his claws temporarily digging into the ground. Noticing this, however, Aoife whapped one of his legs with her sword. Claws were obviously a sign that her prey was not as dead as she would like.

Brows furrowing (as much as his leonine expression would allow anyways), Remi considered. Shuffling away from Aoife only slightly, the lion shifted back into the pale-eyed alchemist. Instantly Aoife dropped what she was doing and flopped happily and helplessly into his lap, her chubby fingers still covered in grass and petals. Pulling her to his chest with one arm and pressing a kiss into her unruly dark curls, Edy shrugged at the raven.

"Might as well find out now." He said with a boyish shrug. At the sudden sound of his voice, Aoife cackled, reaching up to press his lips shut.

Looking at the ground in front of him, Remi focused, causing a flower to suddenly bloom from the ground. Delighted, Aoife reached forward to pluck it, as this was a game they often played. "Not yet sweet girl. " Not understanding, the toddler merely struggled and groaned as if the world was ending. Concentrating again, Remi pulled in a breath as the bloom turned from yellow to a dazzling blue. Focusing yet again the stem became a vine which rose up to boop Aoife on the nose.

"I...suppose I can." He said with a lopsided smile in the raven's direction.