I cannot dream tonight
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
maybe its all gone black
Were you supposed to personally invite your ex-something to your wedding? Probably not. Sam was one thing (the ascended having quite literally forgotten his time with Remi), but neither the fox nor the hawk had magical curses to ease what had happened between them. That wasn't the reason for the trip into the woods of course, the blight was obviously much more important, but still Remi wondered and worried over whether or not to say anything. Ianto had hardly given him so much as a smile since they'd broken up, and though the alchemist was hardly an expert on relationships, he took that to be a bad sign.

"Ianto normally whistles for the wagon to come. When I have come out to look for him, the wagon just...sort of appears, or he does." Chewing on his lip Remi realized that likely had far less to do with geography and much more to do with the fact the fox let himself be found.

With Ronin at his side, Remi was fair less convinced it would be as easy as it once had.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
"I remember you saying that the Wishing Wagon was along the Stonesong now as a trading post, right? Hopefully that's still the case..." It was easier now, after the announcement from Edrei, to walk with his head held high through the Greatwood. The colours of Leafchange were all around them, and Ronin casually stole glances at Remi from the corner of his eye as they walked; at the way the breeze ruffled his curls or the way the sun caught in his too-pale eyes. His lover was apprehensive and for good reason... but Ronin was still happy to walk alongside him.

"It'll be alright," he said, nudging him gently and slipping his hand into Remi's to give it a gentle squeeze. And lo and behold - up ahead an eclectic wagon appeared, nestled against the banks of the river. It looked all shut up, cozy almost, and there was no sign of anyone within. "Do you think he's home?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
maybe its all gone black
The colours were nothing for Remi; he could not see them anymore. Given the smell of earth weighty in the air he could imagine, though his first Leafchange in this world seemed years behind him now, and certainly, it wouldn't have been as remarkable as it likely was here in the Greatwood. Just another piece he'd needlessly given for a fox who hadn't asked it of him.

The hand in his however, and the eyes so blue at his side pulsed a vivacity into the world that his broken-sight couldn't have possibly measured before his accident. Sappily Remi's head lolled to the side as if adoration were a tangible thing weighing him down. Smiling boyishly Remi returned the squeeze and nodded, pulling in a rich-tasting breath of air and trying to take his lover's optimism as his own.

The sight of the wagon ahead made the alchemist pause for a second, confusion knitting his eyebrows together as he worried the inside of his cheek. "I..." Frowning, he took a few more steps. "I have never gotten this close before. Not without Ianto knowing I was here and coming out."

Was it Ronin? Was it their linked hands? Was it a punishment from Arduinna? What was keeping the fox from coming out?
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
A crooked smile tugged at the corner of Ronin's lips as he caught Remi's glance, the hunter lifting their linked fingers so he could press a soft kiss to the back of the alchemist's hand. By then, of course, the Wishing Wagon had appeared and they had managed to approach its locked doors and closed shutters. "It looks as though it might be empty," he admitted, letting Remi go if for no other reason than so he could walk around the wagon for any sign of light or life inside.

"He wouldn't ignore you, would he?" Things were not that bad between them, surely? Ronin did not enjoy what had happened between Remi and the fox and how things had ended, especially given how close they had been even as friends, but he had not pegged Ianto for spiteful. "Should we knock?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
Remi had half a mind to flick the end of Ronin's nose as his lips pulled away from the back of Remi's hand, but his mood was perhaps still a shade too dark. Releasing the guildmaster, Remi merely stood gazing at the boarded-up shutters, nibbling apprehensively on the inside of his lips.

"He would. Might always. I am here with you." Remi added with a shrug that belayed some of his lingering guilt.

Knock? Remi had a better idea.

"Ianto. We are here to buy all of your things. In exchange we have lots and lots of chicken, things to smoke, and something to get rid of your terrible smell." The fox didn't smell of course, and if the two bribes didn't work, he was betting on his (ex) friend to appear if only to defend his honour (or at least insult Remi back).
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Mm. I can understand why that would be a problem," Ronin admitted, smiling weakly and rubbing at the back of his head; but even so, he wouldn't have let Remi go alone. Not to a man who was the charge of the Fae that had blinded him. Not back into the maw of the Greatwood with no idea what might happen. His lover might be able to see in some capacity now, but his sight had still been damaged.

Stepping back to stand with Remi as he spoke, Ronin couldn't help but arch an eyebrow at the other man, partially wondering what he was doing and partially wondering where he planned to get the chicken and the smokeables (of course he could just create them, but still).

Even so, there was nary a stirring within the wagon. "Either he is very good at ignoring you, or he really isn't home," he muttered. "Do you think he was told to stay away, or something?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
The silence stretched on too long and tension crept into Remi's muscles. At his side his fingers flexed into a fist while his jaw clenched hard enough to make the muscles dance below his cheeks. Ianto might be this good at ignoring him, but it was much more likely that something had happened. Even as upset as he was, he would bet quite a bit on being able to lure the fox out with promises of chicken no matter his mood.  

Stomach feeling as though it was suddenly filled with ice water, Remi shakily exhaled as he glanced towards Ronin. "I...I did not see him in the woods when we found the Undine. I have rarely seen Arduinna without Ianto also nearby.." Why hadn't he noticed it then? Had Ianto been gone or in trouble this whole time? Longer?

"Ianto, can you just...if you are there, can you at least...something." Remi called, desperation heavily coating his words now as he took a few steps forward, peering up into the canopy and noting the thick layer of dust and spiderwebs that had accumulated. "Ronin..." Remi's voice was low, but it was nearly a whine as panic began to creep up the back of his spine, making him shiver as it went.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Remi watched the Wishing Wagon and Ronin watched Remi, the hunter tuned to every flicker of tension in his muscles, every suggestion that things weren't right. And alarm bells were ringing loudly even before Remi spoke, Ronin stepping forward to inspect the wagon further. He tried to peek inside, but the shutters were closed up tightly. "...I haven't heard anyone talk about him, either. And the Wishing Wagon hasn't been open for business in a while..."

The sound of his name drew his attention back to the obviously unlived-in wagon, and Ronin drew back to Remi to take the alchemist's hands in his own. "We can't change what has already happened - but we can change things going forward," he said gently, trying to coax Remi to look at him. He knew the answer - he had always known, really, and there was no way he was putting that on his lover.

"Arduinna would know," he said. "I will find a way to speak to her."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
"Ianto did not like the Hollowed Grounds..." Then, realizing his mistake, quickly added: "Does not." Not that this justification changed the implication of Ronin's words: Ianto had been gone for a while now. Remi had just been too in love to notice.

It took a moment for the feeling of hands upon his to force his eyes away from the cobwebs and dust, the look of dreading horror contorting into one of an anxious sort of hilarity. "What?" He repeated almost dumbly, the words sinking in like cold needles on his skin.

"No. You—" The words wouldn't come at first, but that didn't stop the alchemist from clamping his fingers around Ronin's and vehemently shaking his head. "—the blight. You are weakened as it is, and I am.." He trailed off. Damaged? Broken? Ruined by Arduinna already? "It should be me. He is my friend. Besides, we cannot both be blind." He added, dark humour twisting his lips slightly.
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"That might be the case, but you were not the only person he had come to know from the Hollowed Grounds. It wasn't your responsibility to know where he was," he soothed, or attempted to - he knew Remi, though, and the alchemist was likely to blame himself regardless of Ronin's efforts. Never mind that Ianto would have probably avoided the other man on purpose for all this time anyway.

Remi squeezed his hands and Ronin drew him a little closer, a reassuring smile on his face. "Well it can't just be you," he said in quiet defiance. "So either we both go, or I will find someone else to accompany me. It isn't fair to make you speak to Arduinna alone."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
The alchemist raised a brow. By nature he was submissive and amenable to most instructions. But it was Ronin who had tried to break him from that mould, and so it was fitting that Ronin would have to be the one to wrestle with him about it.

"And if something happens to both of us?" Remi asked, head inclined slightly to the side. Biting the inside of his lip and pulling in a breath, he tapped his foot slowly as he considered. "If I did make an invisibility cloak...perhaps you could be beneath it. Together, but she would not know you were there?"
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"I'd rather something happened to both of us than just to you," Ronin quipped back, letting an arm slip around Remi's waist as if he was subconsciously worried that the alchemist would decide to go off and look for Arduinna by himself. Frowning gently, he considered the invisibility cloak and shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm worried she will do something to you if you're perceived to be alone," he admitted. "But... yes. If you want to make the cloak, I'll be under it and I'll come with you. She will almost definitely know where he is."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
maybe its all gone black
"So Aoife can grow up with zero daddies?" Remi countered easily, grumbling affectionately as Ronin tugged him closer. "I will just...chose my words carefully, I suppose. Nothing she has said or done makes me think I would be punished for simply asking where Ianto had gone." Whether this was meant to convince himself or Ronin was entirely unclear at this point.

"Do you even know how we would go about finding her?"
but you're all i see

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Remi's words did everything that the alchemist likely knew they would. Ronin opened his mouth to argue but promptly thought better of it, gazing down at the ground and nodding that Remi was absolutely right to be cautious. Of course he was.

"I suppose you aren't trying to free him, or to do anything untoward. You are just trying to make sure he's alright," he agreed with a gentle nod, though he also sounded as though he was trying to convince himself.

"I don't, no." He shook his head. "How have you found her previously? Do we just call for her in the forest? Or... maybe we ask for her at the wagon?"