This sign won’t stop me because I can’t read!
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Jorseval
Something isn't right, babe
I keep catching little words
but the meaning's thin
It didn’t feel right to be angry at Ludo or a Mort for not wanting him. Why would they when no one else did? Jory wasn’t fool enough to argue or think he could change their minds but fuck It he could get into that fucking village. Despite being repeatedly thrown back by whatever magic guarded the place or accosted by the tricky little fae, Jory was determined that this was a problem he could solve. He had no agenda, harbored no ill will toward the funny little folk  (he’d actually had quite a bit of fun in recent months in trying to outsmart them) but there’d never been a metaphorical ‘keep out’ sign that didn’t tempt him. That and it seemed a better channel for his energy and frustration than overthinking exactly what made him unqualified to be a divine errand boy. To that end he found himself perched on a large rock, sitting cross-legged and rapping his fingers across his knees and he started out over the wide expanse of the river.

”Live your life to the fullest.” he grumbled under his breath. ”What the fuck does that even mean? My life is fine! And he’d certainly thought it so until three nights ago. Jory would have said that he was satisfied with the way he lived: he could hunt to feed himself, could go into town when he wanted companionship sex, and he could stay in the fucking woods when he wanted to be alone. That had been enough. That had been enough because he thought there would come a day when the he would make himself part of something bigger. Well he’d knocked on that door and it had been closed in his face; somehow he’d thought only people did that, not deities too.

The river, singing as it had before somehow hit Jory’s mood at just the wrong angle and so sounded more like a smarmy little chuckle. Jory’s mind, that always ran a bit too fast for him to reign it in, filled in the sounds with the litany listing his string of recent failures. Haha, you can’t get into the village! Haha, your gods don’t think you’re worth shit! ”Oh fuck off, it’s not like you know what they meant either.” he snapped at the water. He glanced up to check the sun, noting it’s noon position that marked four hours he’d been in that spot. Four hours and not even the barest spark of inspiration.

|| note || So, in headcannoning what Jory's been up to in my absence, we decided that he's been playing a game of catch and release with the Fae as he keeps getting too close to the Village. Fae characters are free to know him by sight or at the very least as "that idiot who keeps getting thrown in the pit" If you have more detailed ideas DM me!
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Jiao

Jiao had come down to the Stonesong with a box full of fabrics to be washed, either because they needed to be repaired for clients or because they had been in her store too long and had gotten dusty. There was all sorts in the selection, from sparkling fine silks to hardy leathers, and it was several hours work. With a 'hmph' she sat down heavily on the shore (no point being graceful by yourself) and began to sort through the box, trying to find something to start with.

The sound of a voice from a little distance away caught her attention as she lifted up her first sheet and she lowered it, peering up over a rock. Oh. She recognised this person, only because of the gossip about how irritating he was. Personally, she had not had anything to do with him yet, but she had used him several times when complaining to other Fae about the especially annoying humans.

'Fuck Off' reached her ears, but when she looked to see who he was speaking to, no one was there. With a sly smile she leaned up over the rock next to her and yelled: "If you're so desperate for company now you have to bother the air, why don't you go back the humans?"

Tired little laughs,
gold lie promises,
We'll always win at this,
I don't ever think about death
Jorseval Craik
Vagrant / Priest

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 8 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
Jorseval
Something isn't right, babe
I keep catching little words
but the meaning's thin
He’d tried just walking toward the village, and running at it; neither speed not direction of origin had seemed to make much of a difference to the magic snaring him and tossing him on his ass. His attempt at flying in as a crow had been the most disastrous of all, the force that pushed him back nearly breaking his little birdie bones. Talking his way in was still on the table, he mused, presuming he could find the right fae to take him but so far the lot of them had been as stubborn as he was.

The shout didn’t surprise him, he’d been suspecting they’d be keeping a close eye out and he hadn’t been trying to be particularly stealthy. This was just a brainstorming session, you know. He turned to find a pert little face peeing over a rock. He returned her little smirk and called back “Have you met any humans? They’re the worst!” He decidedly did not acknowledge the first half of her statement; he was not desperate for company. Not even a little bit. He was so non-desperate that his didn’t immediately shift into the little crow and fly over to her. Except that he was and he did.

He landed on the ground next to the box she’d apparently brought with her and gave it a quick investigatory tap with his beak before hopping to sit on the opposite side if it from her. He became the man again in the same cross-legged position he’d been in before, still facing the river and spoke like they’d been in the middle of a conversation. ”-just awful really. Your lot it well to steer clear of them, honestly. All they do is put up doors and hate you for whatever side it you end up on.”
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Jiao

"I suppose you'd know!" Jiao yelled, but she didn't have much longer to think of other witty comebacks, because there was already a crow flying towards her, a fact that made her wrinkle her nose and watch his arrival with clear distaste in her eyes. Hadn't she made it very clear she didn't want him around? How had it sounded like please come over and sit by me?

Suspiciously she watched the crow tap her box, pulled it a little closer to her and trying to look disinterested, took another piece of fabric to begin washing in the river, using a stone to scrub at stubborn stains gently.

"I don't know if you noticed, but you're a human, and I'm not very fond of you. It has nothing to do with a door." She said coolly, her voice flat. "You aren't welcome here, so you may as well go back to the humans, even if you don't like them."

Tired little laughs,
gold lie promises,
We'll always win at this,
I don't ever think about death