Hey Boss
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Adam
While Adam liked his home now that he'd gotten the golem out of the basement, there was a special appeal to having a cool underground criminal base to stay in. When he had a spare afternoon he would sneak away to the Devil's Advocates headquarters, sit about with his cushions and pillows and pretend he was inventing some cool plan within the walls.

Really, he was usually napping, drinking and scratching dick doodles into the wall, but it still felt cool to be there.

He was laid in his little corner, flicking balls of paper and trying to aim them in a circle he had drawn on the wall, when he saw Lucas enter. Wanting to speak to the man (demon?), he swung himself up and sauntered over, hands in his pocket and typical lopsided grin on his face. "Heyyy, boss-man. How's it going? Got anything fun and criminal up in the works?"

Maybe I'm not as dark as I think
Maybe I'm scared to Admit that
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

To answer Adam's questions - well, and always. But rather than reply outright, Lucas offered the dark eyed man a fanged grin as he prowled into their headquarters.

"Follow me," he suggested, already moving to the hidden panel in the wall rigged with its traps. Moving it and stepping just so, Lucas headed downstairs to where all the fun stuff was (in his opinion). He quite enjoyed having the ex-highwayman slouching about the place; Adam was growing on him. Like a fungi.

"Do you have your gun with you, perchance?" he asked. "And more importantly, do you have your pistol?" He laughed, unable to resist it.

LUCAS
don't you know there ain't no devil

it's just god when he's drunk

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam
Adam did not often follow orders without question, but he liked Lucas enough to trust him for the moment...and hoped that maybe, if he went along with it enough, one day Lucas might order him around in another context.

A sexy one.

Besides, it was hard not to follow when someone opened a cool secret crime door. With a manic grin on his face he watched Lucas work the mechanisms, almost vibrating with how fun it all felt. "I've got these guns-" He said, flexing his arms (which did have muscle, but hardly enough to be refered to as 'guns'. "-the shotgun in my pants, and yeah, I got my pistols. Why, you got someone for me to shoot down here..?"

He asked the question jovially, but he was actually a little worried all of a sudden he was going to see someone tied up with a target on their head.

Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Oh good - Adam's guns were all present and accounted for, and Lucas let a slow smile curl across his lips as they entered the part of their headquarters more accurately represented by the moniker of "secret base". Lighting a few candles so that the other man could see, the Ascended sauntered over to a small cabinet, which he unlocked with a key from his pocket. "Could I borrow your pistols, in particular? For now anyway. And more accurately, one of the bullets in them."

Straightening up from the cabinet, Lucas held before him a black box, which he placed upon the table. He grinned. "I have a present for you."

LUCAS

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
Adam leaned up to see what Lucas was taking out of the cupboard, but when he heard the word borrow he frowned and immediately put his hands on his hips, guarding his pistols. They didn't go to anybody, especially not when they seemed to be the only guns in Caido.

Just a bullet, though...he supposed he could do that, hoping it was just a borrow and Lucas wasn't about to steal it. He took one of his guns and opened the chamber, shaking a bullet out and passing it over to Lucas, his eyes glued to it.

He looked at the box. Present? Lucas really was taking him on an emotional rollercoaster. "Oh, for me?" Adam asked, then reached forward to open it. "...It's empty." He stated, lifting it to check underneath the box just in case, then looking at Lucas. "Is this a joke?"

Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

"Just for you, honey." Lucas grinned as he set the box down and accepted the bullet from Adam, turning it this way and that in his hands. Unable not to look amused as the other man looked inside (and under) the box, Lucas reached out to open it again, his smile glinting like a razor's edge by now. "A joke? Sure, but not on you," he murmured, placing the bullet inside and closing the lid.

He opened it again, gave Adam his bullet back... and removed a second one from the box to show the ex-highwayman. "I bet you didn't know I could do magic tricks," he purred, returning the second bullet to the box, and rinsing and repeating the gesture until... well. Until there was a pile of bullets on the table.

LUCAS

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
Adam watched Lucas take the bullet and place it in the box carefully, unsure if he was being pranked. While he wanted to believe it would be something exciting, he knew where they were and bosses of crime enterprises were rarely trustworthy.

As the second bullet fell to the table though, he stepped backwards with a shocked gasp, his eyebrows raising so high his eyes looked almost impossibly wide. He grabbed one of the bullets, holding it and staring until the bullets on the table took his attention. There were so many bullets. He'd thought for sure he was limited to the 12 he had landed with, that he was only going to get that many shots til he died.

"..Wh...what....how.." He managed to mumble out through his confusion, pushing the bullets about the table as if to check if they were real.

Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

Having created enough bullets to easily fill Adam's pockets, and saving a few to make more at a later date (or whenever Adam needed them), Lucas stepped back and folded his arms, thoroughly enjoying the surprise on the other man's face.

"The box replicates anything you place inside it, so long as it will fit," he explained - explaining took less time than keeping it a secret, after all.

"So there you have it. Unlimited bullets for you to play with. Aren't I a generous boss?"

LUCAS

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
"Fucking hell man, that's so cool." Adam enthused, grinning with his hands in his pockets as he tilted around the box, looking it over. The possibilities for such a thing really were endless; he could only steal one thing for the whole rest of his life and just replicate it as many times as he needed to sell it. Immediately he tried to think of ways to steal the box - because actually, if that was the only thing he stole for the rest of his life, he could still live very comfortably.

But a plan to steal something that valuable from his current boss...? It was going to take time, and he knew better than to stare too obviously. Nodding and looking up, he smirked as he brought up a new topic.

"Yeah, yeah, you're great and all...but not everyone thinks so. I got asked to kill you yesterday. Made a good deal, too." He let the words linger, just a touch of a threat, before laughing and waving his hand. "But you're lucky they asked me, cos I don't really kill people."

Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

The smile on Lucas's face was nothing short of feline; he would have to have been born yesterday to show a thief something valuable and not expect them to have a few... thoughts about it. "It is cool, isn't it?" he agreed. "Imagine the sort of shit I might have already replicated. I'm probably armed to the teeth even now." He bounced his eyebrows, as if to say try me.

Only apparently Lucas should be on the lookout because someone (ha!) wanted to kill him? Good luck. He was already mostly dead, in his opinion. "You work in a place like this and you don't kill people? Sounds like you missed out on a helluva deal for nothing, Adam."

LUCAS

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
"I mean...I know you don't have guns, so I reckon if you're armed to the teeth, I'm armed to the eyeballs. " Adam pointed out. There was a joking tone to his voice but the sane challenge pushed back to Lucas in his eyes. He wasn't planning to do anything, but it was good to let people know you were prepared.

He snorted at Lucas' response. "Well hey, if you're up for being murdered, I'll stab you right now. But you know, even big fuckin' thieves like me gotta have some kind of standard, or we just tip over into assholes. That's no fun. "

Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

"Be that as it may - you just said you don't really kill people. So armed to the eyeballs or not, forgive me for not quaking in my boots over here." Lucas smirked, dropping his arms and leaning against the table comfortably. "As for stabbing, be my guest. I don't feel pain and I thoroughly doubt it would kill me." He shrugged his shoulders.

Snorting to Adam, he lifted the box from the table and moved to set it back into its cupboard. "Speak for yourself. I find being an asshole to be oodles of fun. Maybe you just haven't given it a proper try yet."

LUCAS

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
"...I guess you're right." Adam shuffled from side to side uncomfortably, looked off into the room. He did not like to talk about his refusal to kill much. It brought to mind the bedroom, the sleeping old man in front of him and a gun held in his hand, the trigger not firing no matter how much he willed his finger to move; then the moment had passed and--

He shook his head. No use getting caught up on it now.

"I can tell you've got a lotta practice at it." He mumbled, reaching in his bag for something; eventually he pulled out a small green sprig of leaves, a bitter smell accompanying them. "You think...we could replicate this? You put it in a smoke and it knocks you the fuck out. Seems like the kinda thing people might like around here. Could be a nice side earner." Perhaps murder was out of the cards but he had never had an issue dealing narcotics.

Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

Lucas was right, and of course he took great pleasure in knowing it, though as Adam spoke again and showed the sprig of leaves, the devil at least had the decency to be impressed with his ingenuity. Unfortunately, he had tried replication on something similar, and had been regrettably disappointed. "Would that it did," he said, strolling around the table that they might head back upstairs now that Adam had his fill of bullets.

"It won't replicate anything organic," he said. "So unfortunately, if we are going to have this little side earner, it'll have to be done the old fashioned way." Namely farming, something Lucas absolutely wasn't going to dirty his hands with. "But it's a good idea. Do you know anyone we might have as a contact to try and grow it?"

LUCAS