Royal Flush
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The Notice was posted. The Queens fucked. No one died. All of which made it super official, even if they didn’t have any crowns to physically wear.

And despite Wessex’s bitterness and scorn, she was born here, grew up here, and watched countless people die here. Her blood and her not-blood is in the wasted, overworked soil, her footprints are on the paths, her memories in the trees. She wants to run the Grounds well, make her their people strong again, but in a very different way than Zariah did. Well, maybe not so different. But different enough.

Asking both Edrei and Jigano to join her in the Manor (an item to talk about, a mark on the actual list she has before her), the Ascended Queen pulled up a chair in a fancy shmancy room that seemed to be a good place to hold a meeting, and waited. Servants brought in food and drink for the other two, you know, cause they could be in there for a while, and she mentally prepared herself for their first ah… planning session. How the hell are they going to do this, given their personalities, their religions, and their personal biases?

Let the Order of the Reverse Oreo Trifuckta begin.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Edrei the Rapacious
& I bury hatchets but I keep maps of where I put 'em
"So official." Edy purred as she entered the room. Wearing naught more than a loose-fitting kimono-type ensemble, the younger Launceleyn plopped herself elegantly into a chair offering Wessex a warm smile. Leaning back against one of the arms and letting her legs dangle over the other, Edy reached for a glass of something chilled and white, produced a strand of grapes from one of her pockets.

"It would be like Jigano to be fashionably late." She mused, her voice only slightly annoyed. There were more fun things to do of course aside from running the grounds. Sex, fighting, a bar to run, a queen to fuck...but ahh well, responsibility and all that.

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

“Image is everything,” Wessex quips back with a salacious waggle of her eyebrows. And she would know, having cultivated the image of a savage, hardened loner for the majority of her adult life. If they expect to be taken seriously (re: if the Ascended Queen does), they must behave like they are. Edy may be a place holder, but the Natural woman is not. Of course, their image also extends to whether or not anyone thinks they’re sexually involved - and she couldn’t care less what others think about that. She can separate sex from ruling. Just watch her.

After a couple of minutes in silence, the blonde woman looks around and shrugs. Wessex didn’t think Jigano would ignore her completely, but there’s a first time for everything. Two out of three ain’t too bad. They can move on. “Fuck it. Let’s start without him.” He knew and if he doesn’t show up, it’s not her problem. “So how’s this going to work with three rulers? We each take care of something specific or we’re all equals? Need two out of three for a majority when we disagree?” Yes, Edy appointed them, but it’s fairly obvious that the not-teenager doesn’t have any interest in ruling.

Which Wessex can deal with. 110%. She can deal with it without betraying the Launceleyn, too. But they need parameters. Rules. Quick edicts when shit goes wrong, the power to reverse the damage Zariah did. “Equals seems easiest, but also time consuming. And we can’t be making contradictory laws.”

Hopefully there are some things they can agree on. Like reversing the military draft and that stupid new Abandoned phrasing. Oh, and the importance of the blight thing.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edrei the Rapacious
Though Edy stood by her choice to make Wessex the third jewel in this fucked up crown, she hadn't actually thought it would the ascended who'd needed to take charge of this bolting-horse. That was precisely what Jigano had been for. To make sure things got done in a way that was at least sort of credible. To give them legitimacy, at least at face value. Edy and Wessex were controversial candidates to be sure (Edy even more so), and the bard was meant to be the glue.

Where the fuck was the glue?

Shrugging her shoulders in agreement and placing the glass against her lips, Edy considered her fellow Queen's question. "Sounds fine to me." She trilled at the mention of needing a majority. "Where I came from there was just one in control, so I don't actually know how it's all supposed to work. That being said, they held meetings, like this I guess, where they talked about what they were going to do and so on." Not making contradictory laws sounded good, but what about when they did? "I guess that's the benefit for three. No stale mates. But if someone goes rogue, what happens? Do they get grounded?"

And, because of course she couldn't handle it, Edy let her robe slip slightly to the side to reveal a dusky coloured nipple. "Do they go to jail? To be punished?'

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

No one seems to expect her to be functional in this role. Which to be fair, is accurate if you need sensitive diplomacy. However, anyone who’s seen her prepare for a fight, or an adventuring expedition, or anything that could get people killed might say, yeah, Wessex knows how to prepare. And think of a shit ton of possible outcomes. And be trusted to be organized. So here she is, controversially organized.

"Obviously," Wessex hums back, raising a brow to the insatiabe exhibitionist. "A no sex punishment. Or forced toothy blowjobs. Or sex but no biting, oooooh… " she drops off with a look of horror. But the truth is that at least one of those would seriously suck for any of them. It’s a deviant little something to consider, one that the two Queens could easily play at, but she doubts Jigano would be up for. Pity. Reaching for a grape, she plucks one saucily from the stem and eases it sensually into her mouth.

But to her other question, she can only shrug. “Not sure yet. Might be something we wait to deal with if it happens.” Looking down to the list, she picks out the next item of business. “For now can we agree to roll back Zariah’s laws about the military enlistment, the new word for Abandoneds, and just say that discrimination against race, gender, sexuality, religion, or place of origin is forbidden?” Catch-alls are good. Expand it to beyond Outlanders and Naturals. The rest can be taken care of later, but these were the more important immediate changes that needed to be made.

“A standing force isn’t a bad idea. But it should be voluntary.” And she'd be happy to deliver that message, both on the Notice Board and in person.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edrei the Rapacious
"No sex?" Edy whines immediately, the look of horror on her face both comical and genuine all at the same time. "Toothy, eh?" She repeats, eyebrows waggling as she narrows her eyes suggestively. "Well, we won't know if it's a punishment until we try, so..." The not-teenager purrs. Beneath the silk of her robe, a not-so slight bulge has already begun to appear at the mere thought. Pain didn't exclude pleasure after all. And certainly not when Wessex was involved.

"Mmm, the military thing is just how things were at home. Everyone was in it. Only those who actually wanted to serve were part of the guard." Edy explained (sort of) with a light shrug. As for the name for the abandondeds? Ehhh..."Well...I mean...calling us abandoned is a bit shit."  She added, knowing that Zariah would not be happy if that part of things was changed. For better or worse, Z was trying to champion more equality for the magic-users.

"But yeah, forced service is a bit...of a nonstarter. Especially given that most of the people who did sign up haven't fought a day in their life."

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

"If you'd kindly put your tit away, Edrei." Here he came to rain on the parade, hooray. Ronin didn't really slink as a rule, the movement not very fitting for his personality, but it was the closest thing to describe the movement as he entered the room where the two queens were sort of discussing the Hollowed Grounds they usurped ruled, but mostly weren't.

The hunter moved to take the seat intended for Jigano, slouching upon it and resting a foot against the edge of the table. "Jigano abdicated, apparently. Now I'm king. Apparently. So let's do this, shall we?"

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Wessex nods. “It’s not a great term. but it is accurate. Might as well me Despised, so I take your point -” She’s about to suggest an alternative when Ronin slinks in. Her gaze narrows, suspiciously, believing only half of what he’s saying. She can see the silver-haired guy succumbing to pressure from a very unhappy group, but that doesn’t make Ronin King.

She snorts. “You had a chance. Didn’t want it. So. No. Unless Edy agrees with you and makes it two out of three.” Looking to her fellow Queen, she waits with a patient expression, sitting on the simple phrase,fuck off.

WESSEX
unsex me here
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edrei the Rapacious
Edy smirks. "I dunno. You certainly seem to have a knack for making things ascend" She trills, looking down at the growing bulge between her legs. The mood is changed however as Ronin all but appears.

Narrowing her eyes much like a cat might, Edy sits up straighter making absolutely no effort to follow Ronin's order. "Apparently?" She sneers unhappily. No, Ronin hadn't exactly turned her offer down so much as he'd just had his head too far up his own ass to answer.

Nodding towards Wessex, Edy huffs an agreement. "True story. Came to you and everything. Apologized even. But nooooooooo. And what do you mean abdicated. He fucking agreed yesterday. The fuck changed, and why am I hearing this from you?"

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ronin hadn't expected a warm welcome - and lo and behold, he didn't get one. Nibbling at the inside of his bottom lip and straightening up in his seat, he glanced between the two prickly women and seemed... well. Not to give one single fuck. "Actually," he said, quietly and calmly, "if we're going by what people really want - you know, those people whose lives you're currently discussing? - then I outnumber you by a great deal more than two."

Realising Edrei didn't actually know what he was talking about, Ronin glanced her way. "Oh, there's been a rebellion brewing under your noses since Zariah became queen. Your lovely fellow monarch here was a part of it. Wanted to lead it, in fact." Honesty is the best policy and all that. "They held a vote, and put me forward. I wonder why Jigano thought I'd be a good addition to this party?" He raised his eyebrows at her.

"Thing is, no one told me about it. So yes, Edrei, I was shitty with you because the head of your fucking family threatened my daughter's life and I'm pretty sure everything I say here and now is likely being fed back to Zariah somehow. It is what it is." Spreading his hands, he flopped back in his seat.

"Bottom line is, we rule together - because I know I'm not ousting either of you two - or the rebellion comes, and they take you on. And they win. What's it going to be?"

RONIN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

“A clique of popular kids, if you will, who have done the same thing Zariah did. Put up their own candidate without asking the two thousand people who live here.” she retorts back. Ten, maybe twelve, though there is always the possibility for it to grow.  She doesn’t doubt their ability to sow dissension. However, the threat of Zariah Launceleyn’s tyranny is gone. For the moment, some might say, but even if she does come back, she will find herself in a very different position.  

She shrugs. No pushover, remember. Might as well admit to the things she’s done. “Yep. I did. Because Zariah was a tyrannical cunt right out of the gate. But then I left the rebellion. You had a meeting to determine leaderships without the singular person who had put themselves up for leadership. You backed out when I predicted exactly what Zariah would do.” And then she went and did it and no one thought hey, maybe Wessex can predict more of Zariah’s moves. Nope. they promptly forgot.

The Wraith chuckles at that lunacy of it all. “I may not have been able to do the hero shit in the daytime that you can, but I have never hurt a single person in that meeting, I’ve supported the community in whatever way I could.” Teaching youngsters like Melita (and Rory) how to defend themselves. Bringing in meat for LongNight. Creating a second safe house for the rebellion - yes, that’s exactly who it had been for. Clearing out houses. Saving people from rock slides. Literally half-raising Amalia. “And not a single person had my back or the guts to say that you should wait or try to find out where I was. I wouldn’t have missed that meeting if I could’ve helped it and you all knew it.” She was actually in trouble, which is the shitty part. And they had already decided who they wanted outside of the room, anyway. That vote was nothing more than a facade for a formality. "You might actually have been surprised by what I would have said."She looks to Edy, cock and tits and all, and there is a certain fondness in her voice, or at least, something less hard.

“Edy’s one of the few who’s shown faith in me. Loyalty is rewarded.” And that’s it. She’s officially thrown in her towel with the Launceleyn Queen, knowing that it will sever many of the ties she’s currently got. Potentially all of them. But there are things that cannot be said in here, if what he’s said is true and Zariah is listening. “Edy is not Zariah.” A hard glance towards the other Queen. “And if you are inclined to her cruelties, let me know now so I can get the fuck out. Cause that’s not how I want to rule.”  

Back to Ronin with a steel glint in her eyes, set jaw, and already so tired of talking. She’s said more here than to anyone at any one time, probably. She ends up standing to finish. “I’m the only one who’s had the balls to consistently try to get what I want, despite the Old God’s bigotry and daylight challenges. I love my home and I want it to thrive, so fuck you and your preconceived notions about what and who I am.” Wessex ends up with her teeth bared towards the man in the room, nails digging into the table.

She’s had to fight for this every step of the way, and she’ll be damned if some dude doesn’t come in waving his male privilege and demand a seat at the table. “And fuck your rebellion. Zariah’s gone for now and that was the goal. You screwed up. Now deal with it.”

Her mind is already whirling, going over the members of the rebellion, wondering if they would come as a group or all once. Wondering what they would do when - if - Zariah comes back. If these sudden revelations have her off the throne already, cause let's face it, she doesn't have a long-term plan, not yet. Just flying by the seat of her pants.

"If you want a position as an advisor, that's another thing."

WESSEX
unsex me here
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edrei the Rapacious
Holy fuck these two could talk.

Putting her tit away—not because Ronin had asked, she just seemed a little out of place, there lonely in the open with so much yelling going on—and sitting up straighter, Edy crossed her arms (and legs) and watched.

Rebellion? Oh no. Who could have possibly seen that coming, what with all the unified bullshit at Zariah's little townhall. Edy raised a brow at Ronin, inviting him to hit a little harder than waiving about the fact they'd been involved in a rebellion. With a smug grin at her counter-queen as she mentions loyalty, Edy can do nothing more than nod her firm agreement.

Unconsciously licking her lips as Wessex' claws dig into the table, Edy glanced towards Ronin to see what, if any, his reaction to this might be.  

"I'm not Zariah for the millionth fucking time, Ronin." Edy said at last. Yes, she was a Launceleyn but holy fucking assballs if she couldn't also be her own person too. Still clearly wounded that someone she'd considered a friend and mentor would so easily cast her aside like this, Edy was more than happy to bristle at Ronin's words, especially with Wessex there to back her up.

"All I have to say, is fuck Jigano, and fuck your rebellion. You still haven't answered why you're here and not him. Why he said yes, and yet apparently you're the one wearing the crown."

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Wessex painted a pretty picture with her words... but they still painted her into a corner. Whether Zariah, whether the rebellion, whether she and Edrei-- clearly no one had voted them in with any large majority. But he still sat in his place at the table with more than two howls in the night to back him up. He arched an eyebrow at her, tapping a finger on the table.

"You think you deserve a seat of power because you want it the most? Oh, and because one other person who randomly inherited the ability to give titles said so?" he asked, mildly taken aback by the transparency of a woman he had respected.

"You were nominated for leadership in that meeting. The die were cast and they chose." He shrugged his shoulders.

Turning to Edrei, he frowned to her sadly. "I know you aren't," he said. "But when she gets back, are you going to say to her 'sorry, I'm flying solo now, you don't get the throne back'? Are you? I genuinely need to know." Because ultimately if Edrei was loyal to the Launceleyns (and gods but he knew she was) and Wessex was loyal to Edrei, well - they had a tyranny trifle right there.

"He said yes under the impression that I would also say yes, and that we could mitigate whatever was happening. Only I didn't get the memo - I wasn't aware of any of it. So when you rocked up on my doorstep I was understandably a little prickly." He sighed. "Now to be frank, this place gives me the creeps and I'm dying, so... if you would." He nodded around the table, as if to get to the ultimatum - kick him out or keep him.

RONIN
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edrei the Rapacious
"Oh fuck off with all of this. Tell me how you all hiding somewhere drawing straws or whatever is any more legitimate. You and your besties named YOU as King. Come on Ronin." Edy replied, understandably skeptical. 2 vs. 10? In the end, it was all just enough people going "Yay, sure!" But consensus did not a good government make. That and you know, how Edy had come from a world that hadn't known democracy, so all this "pick me, pick me" shit seemed entirely juvenile and petty as it was.

The question of what would happen when Zariah returned was obviously a good one, and obviously one Edy didn't want to answer. So of course Ronin the motherfucking golden-dicked-sword would ask her. Snarling slightly, the not-teenager bit the inside of her lip, tapping her foot unhappily on the floor. "Listen. All I want is for this fucking ship to get sailing. Really, it was all Zariah wanted too, for better or worse. She just...you know. Did it the Zariah way. If things come back and they ain't broke..." Well. Edy shrugged.

The bit about Jigano made Edy's hackles stand all the way up, her lip curling into a snarl. "...he said yes, knowing that he was just going to hand the crown over to you?" Edy asked in a low voice that had the audible-version of fire on steel. Aka, did that bitch do this on purpose? Fire flicked in one of Edy's palms.