like ley lines
Phoebe <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Mature Content Warning 
SUNJATA
making bad decisions is my middle name
Things were good for a time, each of them making it home around the same time each night, it had become a habit. One would follow the other through the door, meeting in the street outside or when each would take the jacket off to hang by the entry way. Today was different, however, and Jata doesn’t see her in the streets outside as he steps up to the door and lets himself in. Nor does he see her as he waits for what seems like an eternity.

Something feels wrong and off about it all, especially as he glances to the pink dragon lolling about inside the clinic. And still, no Phoebe to be found. For a moment he feels concerned, wondering what she could be doing that’s keeping her out all night. And for a moment, he finds he’s actually worrying over whether she’s okay. And he can’t sit still, fidgeting and wondering, mind drifting to all the worst thoughts.

Eventually the man can’t linger in his thoughts anymore, and he leaves the clinic to go and search for her, toward where he thinks the college is to see if she’s there. He still doesn’t see her in the streets. He contemplates seeking out Remi whom she’d mentioned before, but well… that would be incredibly awkward. It’s the last on his list if he can’t find her.

He spends a few hours out in the night after the sun has set, searching and wondering, growing increasingly more impatient with each passing minute. Until eventually his feet find him back at the Clinic. He opens the door and steps in, eyes drifting to where he’d last seen the dragon. He doesn’t know what to do other than wait. Huffing a sigh, he clenches the doorknob and closes the door behind him and presses his forehead against the wood.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
Phoebe was indeed out late. She had spent the day studying more blighted specimens at the college, gotten interrupted to make a few house calls for expecting ladies, then gone back to study more. Before she knew it the sun was near setting and she panicked a bit. Usually she met with Sunjata well before then and made supper for them both! He was probably hungry and perhaps a bit irritated that his schedule was thrown off. Not to mention that Pim was probably hungry too! Quickly she cleaned up her lab and headed back to her clinic, darting down back streets and little short cuts to get there.

When she arrived there was indeed a hungry Pim waiting for her, but no Sunjata. Huh. For a moment she worried but he was a mercenary. He must've had a late job that kept him out. So she decided to make supper, a leftover pie she had prepped earlier in the day that she just had to toss in the oven. She let Pim out to run around back, hunting little mice and other nocternal critters - she made him hunt for supper every now and then to keep his natural instincts honed. And just as she pulled out the leftover pie, in walked Sunjata

"Oh, Sunny, there you are!" she said brightly. "I was starting to worry because you were late. Did you have a job?" she asked with a warm smile.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
His head rests on the wood of the door briefly, so briefly, before he smells something akin to food in the clinic. He realizes shortly after that she had likely come home while he was out searching for her. But he doesn’t lift his head to look her way as she calls out to him, that infamous Sunny making an appearance that has him gritting his teeth. He should really tell her to stop calling him that, and as he faces the door still he hears her next set of words leave her lips.

He manages to bark out a huff of a laugh, turning to look at her and lean back against the door frame. “You were worried?” He manages to say, keeping a small amount of the bite from his words despite wanting to. “I didn’t have a job, no.” He says, leaving it open ended for her to interpret however she liked. “Why were you out so late?” A muscle feathers in his jaw as his steel gaze hardens something akin to stone.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
What bite there was in his tone made her falter, her expression dropping immediately. "Well...yes, I mean..." But he cut her off, and she fell silent. Phoebe bit her lip, suddenly wishing she could disappear. His intense gaze, which usually held such warmth and playfulness, turned to stone, and in an instant he seemed a completely different person than the handsome, kind rogue she had come to know.

Slowly she pieced together what had happened. He must've come at the normal time, and she didn't. Dinner didn't get made and so he went out to find her. "I-I'm sorry I'm late. I lost track of time while I was working, I'm sorry dinner is late, I didn't mean to..." she said quietly, eyes cast down to the floor. She clearly thought he was more upset about the break in routine than about her specifically.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
There's nothing he can do against the bite to his tone, the feather in his jaw. She stutters, trying to figure out what perhaps has made his mood so sour and slowly he shakes his head to her, but he doesn’t go near her, no soft smiles and lingering eyes while he settles on what she thinks the problems are. And she results at dinner bring late. He wants to scoff at it, to tell her that it’s not about dinner being late (though who is he kidding, it might partially be a reason as well).

It’s not about dinner, Phoebe.” There’s a hunt of a growl to his voice, stone gaze lingering on her as she shrinks. And quietly he thinks good, you should before he inhales sharply. “I went looking for you. You didn’t have Pim with you, and I couldn’t find you.” He says sharply, an edge and a bite to his voice. “What if something happened?” Very quickly he feels like a parent yelling at a child about the importance of safety.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She flinched at the tone in his voice, shrinking away from him. Phoebe looked at the ground, fingers curling into her skirt as her hands bunched into fists. In a way it surprised her a bit, that he was more angry about her being gone than dinner being late. They were...they were just a thing right? A thing didn't have as much importance as a boyfriend or girlfriend. A thing didn't mean you worried this much, right? But what did she know - she didn't even know you could just be a thing before Sunjata walked into her life. Swam rather. Whatever, the technicalities certainly weren't important now.

He was scary when he was mad like this.

"I-I'm sorry..." she said quietly, her voice wavering slightly. She really just wanted him to calm down, to not be so harsh or sharp with her. "I...I didn't realize you cared about me enough to worry like that I...I didn't mean to make you worry." she said quietly, glancing up at him. "I...I don't know...if something happened, then it would have happened...I guess." she muttered.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She flinches from his voice and in the back of his mind he relishes it. ‘Good, good.’ He thinks, watching her with those hard eyes as she stammers and stumbles an apology. He can’t say he’s not trying to scare her, not when it might teach her to be more careful. He sighs sharply out his nose as she speaks further, feet taking him closer to her to look down at her face. And for a moment, he wonders just how young she is. “Of course I care? We don’t have to be courting for me to care about you.” There’s a quiet wrath that shakes through his voice.

As for her next set of words, his eyes widen a fraction. “It just happens?” He scoffs in disbelief. “No.” His hands clench at his sides as he steps away from her, turning his back to her as he tries to focus his anger and frustration at something else. “I told you it was dangerous out there. The least you could do is have Pim with you.” He nearly shouts, biting down on his tongue to keep him from it. “If something happened and nobody knew where you were, don‘t you think that’s a problem?Gods give him strength.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
He approaches quickly, crossing the clinic from the door to the kitchen in a few strides thanks to his height. But the sudden approach, coupled with his tone of voice startled her, and on instinct she took a few steps back, running into the counter behind her. It wasn't like she had never been in an argument before, but it wasn't something she was naturally comfortable with. And more to the point, she was very unaccustomed to this sort of anger. Honey brown eyes stare back at him, wide and fearful. He really was scary, and she suddenly worries that perhaps he won't stick to words alone.

Her hands lifted to her chest, as if they might shield her from his wrath. "I-I'm sorry I'm...I'm not used to someone wondering where I am..." she stammered, her eyes stinging as tears rose up in them, unbidden. "I didn't mean to be out that late and...and I've been out at this time alone before and been fine I..." She was blathering on, struggling to come up with the right words. Everything she had come to appreciate about him now made her feel uneasy. His gaze, the way he could loom over her - and hearing his voice raise in particular unsettled her. "P-please don't yell..." she said, hardly above a whisper. "I'm here, I'm okay so...so please don't yell..."
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She steps back from him, but he doesn’t move closer. He lets her take her space, eyes lingering briefly to the hands that come up to shield her. And he inhales deeply as he steps away from her, to continue the argument (yelling?) until he reaches up with one of those clenched hands to rub at his neck as he exhales loudly in a sigh. As like always, his temper gets the best of him. His eyes soften slightly as she stammers her statements of being okay, and he half turns to her to look at her, eyes softening a fraction as she looks to him through tears and asks him to stop yelling.

And for a moment, he doesn’t think he was yelling. A louder voice, sure, but Phoebe hasn’t seen him fully lose his temper. He makes note to keep it hidden from her. A muscle feathers in his jaw and he sighs again, running a hand through his hair as he closes his eyes. “Please.” He stresses through a quieter voice though his eyes still remain closed. “Please just be more careful. Take Pim with you, tell someone where you are, send a note if you’re going to be late.” He opens his eyes now to look at her, a small apology forming through his gaze. “I was afraid something terrible had happened. And I don’t know this place well enough to start looking and find you before something worse happened.” He admits, keeping his distance from her just in case it might make things worse for her should he approach. Perhaps one day he’ll tell her why he makes a big deal of it. Today? He’s simply not in the mood.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
He stays where he is, not approaching further, and it seems he does as she requested. Sunjata stopped a moment, seeming to collect himself while Phoebe stared on warily and when he spoke again, his voice was softer, his eyes less cold. He had calmed ever so slightly, and that allowed Phoebe to relax a fraction as well. She swallowed a lump in her throat and quickly wiped at her eyes, relieved to see him less enraged.

Phoebe listened quietly as he spoke, now able to concentrate on his words that he wasn't yelling and storming towards her. He had been worried. He had thought something happened to her. It was...It really was rather sweet, his reasons for being so upset. She just wasn't used to this sort of...explosive anger. Biting her lip nervously, she approached slowly, almost afraid that getting close might provoke him to rage again. But she had to see...she needed to know...something. She wasn't sure what. But she didn't like that he made her afraid. Assurance perhaps, proof that he wouldn't be violent, just loud.

Slowly she reached out to take one of his hands. "I...I'm really sorry that I worried you." she said quietly, looking up at him warily. "I'll try to be better about it and letting you know...but you really scared me." she said quietly.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He glances to her as she wipes her eyes and he sighs quietly to himself, hands unclenching and relaxing as his heartbeat slows from the panicked state it had been before. He barely registers her approach as his mind thunders and cycles through all the possible outcomes. And when her hand slides into his, his fingers twitch as though he nearly flinches. His eyes slide over to her, a kind of glaze in them that almost seems like hes recalling memories and the terrible, horrible things of his home. She tells him she’s sorry.

And she tells him he scared her.

He turns to her then, dropping her hand to embrace her if she lets him. “I’m sorry I yelled.” He tells her, even though he’s still trying to figure out how loud he really has been. “I also didn’t mean to frighten you.” His voice is a rumble as he aims to brush her blond hair over her ear. “Please don’t... Don’t scare me again.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
The way he looked at her was strange, almost like he wasn't present here, but off in some far away memory she couldn't access. Phoebe worried her lip for a moment before he suddenly pulled her into a hug. Her whole body trembled as she sighed, feeling tension from the situation dissipate. He had truly frightened her, but she wrapped her arms around him in return, her faced pressed to his chest.

He apologized for yelling and scaring her, and she looked up at him, brows knitted together with worry. It hadn't been just that he yelled. It had been his whole demeanor, his eyes, his posture - all of it together. "I thought you were going to hit me." she admitted quietly, now that he was calming down. "I'll try not to scare you again. But...a midwife's schedule can be a bit unpredictable...there will be times I don't have time to send a note or can't bring Pim..." she warned.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He feels her tremble against her, and he inhales deeply – pressing his face into her hair as she wraps her arms around him and rests her face against his chest. As he speaks, his voice rumbles through his chest and he shuts his eyes, letting himself relax the best he can. But when she speaks, he shakes his head to her. “Never you.” He replies softly. He can’t say the same for other things, but he knows he’d never hit her. He hopes she takes it to heart.

But she speaks again and he nods to her warning, grasping at straws as he tries to figure out what to do to make sure she’ll be safe – so he won’t have to worry, or fear the worst. “I’ll try.” He offers easily to her, even if it’s not the answer she seeks, gears in his mind working to figure out what kind of things she could carry with her that if perhaps something happened, she’d be adequately prepared. But for now, with the frustration and worry rolling from him, he can’t think of anything.

He shifts to kiss the top of her head, one hand stroking the blond hair in response.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Never you."

Perhaps it was an odd phrasing, but he was a mercenary- he probably hit a great many people as part of his work. His specification of her made sense, and it allowed her to relax fully. He was just loud. He just was intense, not violent (at least towards her). Her fear had been a misunderstanding because they were still learning about each other. Loud and intense she could handle, filing it away for later. And in a way, she preferred this to what she knew. He clearly was not the sort to back down at the first sign of difficulty. He would stay and fight it out for her.

It felt...nice to be fought for.

Trying was all she could ask for, and she smiled a little, tilting her head up to look at him. Slowly she reached up to place a hand on his cheek, running her thumb along his cheekbone. "I really didn't know you cared about me this much." she said gently, trying to lighten his mood a little. "You must have it bad, huh?" she teased, scrunching her nose and making an exaggerated kissy face at him.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!