the draw
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Mature Content Warning 
SUNJATA
your voice is the loudest shout at the head of the line
your voice is all war
She had gone to the College to work on researching more of the blight, and he… well, he had spent a majority of his time in the Sanctuary, learning and gathering information where he could about the blight and the like before he figured out how he was going to find Sam and ask for a sample. He didn’t really have anything yet to get that sample with, and so he settled for information at the very least — the Sanctuary being a good hub for all sorts of useful and useless information.

But it was right about time that Phoebe would come out of the College, and he strayed awhile in front of it and around the Sanctuary a bit more as he waited, not wanting to rush her in her research. Perhaps she had just gotten busy with it? He waits a bit longer, straying to a small shop to grab a few snacks in case she was feeling hungry, before he meandered his way back to the front of the college.

And he waited for some time before he ended up growing either too worried or bored. And so he slipped up the steps to the door, swinging it open and stepping inside with steel eyes peeled for a certain little blonde.
and and they love you for it
your voice is breaking but it is holy
boy born for revolution
all you have to do is burn
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Just as he came into the college, he would hear a likely unsettling sound. It sounded like a small explosion, followed by the shatter of glass and a small cry from none other than the blonde in question. Between the sound and the flickering candlelight from a room upstairs, he probably could easily figure out which room she was in.

Upstairs, things were...a mess. Phoebe sat at the desk, shards of glass everywhere, including a few piles in a trash bin. All sorts of vials of various remedies and ingredients surrounded her, notes upon notes scattered about. Her apron to protect her dress was covered in charred bits of...something, and she was carefully picking out pieces of glass from her arms. But based on the nicks covering her cheeks, this likely wasn't the first such explosion.
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He grasps onto the bag as he closes the door behind him, to turn and hear nothing short of a small kind of explosion, shattering glass, and a muffled scream. Eyes scanning for the faint twinking of light, he finds it and immediately runs toward it, wondering what in the all hells was going on. “Phoebe?” He calls out to her before he opens the door further, fully prepared to witness a scene he likely would dislike very much.

And he’s correct, immediately spotting glass everywhere and the room in quite a bit of disarray, he frowns as he enters and sets the food aside. His eyes fall to her, and for the most part she’s okay from what he can tell. She isn’t completely maimed, just glass enveloping most of her face and arms. He sighs inwardly to himself as he approaches her gently. “Babe.” He rumbles almost a bit sadly, grabbing a broom to sweep up some of the glass into a corner as he reaches her.

He kneels beside her to inspect her arm, hand gently reaching up to take over pulling the glass from her arms, knowing how they tremble still. “Have you been at this all day? With the same result?” His eyes flicker up to her face with a silent question before he pulls a piece of glass from her arm.
boy born for revolution
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
Phorbe startled upon hearing his voice, head whipping around to face him. Oh! "Hi. I'm okay." she said with a sigh. But her tone seemed a bit defeated, finding herself at a loss. She didn't argue as he took her arms, hands trembling more than before from the pain of the glass slivers. Brown eyes watched in silence as he carefully picked pieces of glass from her arms. "Wait..." she said, pulling away and grabbing gloves for him. "I don't want you to risk infecting yourself." she said quietly.

Once he put them on, she would let him continue to pull the pieces from her arms, but the question made her sigh. "Yes." she said quietly. "I've tried every known rememdy for healing infections of all sorts on Ronin's blood, and every single one explodes." she said with frustration. "It shouldn't, it...I've only ever seen such an explosion once before and it wasn't natural..." she said, eyes casting down.

"Though...I suppose Ronin isn't exactly human either anymore..." she said, brow furrowing. "Maybe I need...to try my own..."
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
She almost seems surprised that he’s there, but he shrugs it off as he regards her. He bears and kneels to take the pieces out before she makes him wait, and a part of him wonders what the difference between doing this and the kisses and other things they've done are, but he swallows it down and obliges. Slipping the gloves on he continues, steel gaze slipping up to her face now and then as she speaks and rambles, though his brow lifts at the information of Ronin not quite being a normal human either. But he files that away too.

He moves up her arm until she pauses and contemplates trying her own, and he raises a brow to her in response to this as well. “If you do yours you should do mine too.” He tells her with all seriousness. “I don’t think I’m infected, so in theory it shouldn’t do anything?” He ponders aloud, eyes scanning her face to see what she thinks. If she’s going to do it to herself he can at least let her take a sample of his own as well. A control, of sorts.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She watched as he carefully pulled the shards from her arms, wincing every now and then. It did hurt, but she tried to hide it so as not to worry him too much. But his suggestion took her off guard and she glanced up at him wide eyed. "I...I mean that would be very helpful...to have a control." she said quietly, smiling at him a little. "And you're kind to offer...thank you." she said softly.

Of course he made her wait until she was glass free before moving on to this next experiment. Like with Ronin, she wouls carefully draw blood from his arm to fill a small vial bandaging it quickly after. Then she did herself with a new needle and syringe, biting her lip from the unpleasant sensation. Just like Ronin's, her blood was streaked with an oil like substance, marred with black unlike Sunjata's own. With them both patched, and samples collected, she placed of each in separate glass dishes. "Stand back...just in case." she said quietly to him. It was one thing for her work to hurt her, but something else for it to harm another.

Whether he did as told or not, Phoebe would add a drop of the tried and true infection medications that cause Ronin's samples to explode into the dishes, quickly leaning forward to peek at them through the microlens.

Please wait for RE to post! One dish has a sample of uninfected human blood and the herbal infection medicine. The other has Phoebe's infected blood and the herbal infection medication.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Nothing happens to the unblighted blood sample.

The presence of darkness in Phoebe's blood should have been enough warning, but if she insists...

Just as before, the herbal solution delivered into Ronin's blood detonates immediately upon contact with this blighted sample.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He listens to her, as she looks to him with wide eyes and he gives her an encouraging smile. He figures that it’s the least he can do, and he gives his arm willingly to her when he finishes picking the glass out of her arm. He watches her with a slightly raised brow as she does it, careful and gentle and kind, before she does it to her own. And when she tells him to stand back, he doesn’t go so much as stand, to let the glass if it shatters meet his pants and shirt rather than his face.

At first, he watches it do nothing to his own blood. And there’s a moment of relief that passes through him; at least he isn’t infected. But that relief turns quickly to concern as she puts it in her own sample, and watches as it too shatters and explodes.

A small amount of glass gets into his arms, and he instinctively takes another step back. “Fuck.” He rumbles with his brows raising in surprise before he checks on Phoebe. He disregards the glass on him for the moment to check on her, to make sure she hadn’t got any glass in places that would be worse than just in the skin of her arms and cheeks.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Jata's didn't explode, which made her sigh in relief. It meant he wasn't infected and she wasn't insane - the medicines really were safe for people. But then her sample shattered, once more sending shards of glass into her arms. She gasped at the sting, glancing over to see that Jata had been hit as well. "Oh no, Jata you got hit, I'm so sorry!" she said, standing to tend to the wounds he had gotten.

She took one of his arms and began trying to clear it of the shards with shaking hands. Her brows were furrowed and lips set in a frown that was unnatural on her face. "I just...I don't understand. There is no natural reason anything should be exploding." she mumbled, frustration clear in her voice.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
She stands immediately and begins to try and clear the glass from his arms, where he spends a moment to grab onto her shaking ones with a soft smile. “Phoebe, babe, it’s fine. I’m fine. I can handle it.” He tells her, giving her one of those reassuring smiles he knows she likes. He sits her down again and brushes the glass from his arms and shirt, reaching for her to remove the glass from her as well. And when she explains more, his brows furrow slightly.

So… What if it’s not natural?” Steel eyes flicker up to look into her soft brown ones. “What have you been trying? To break it down and destroy it?” He ponders thoughtfully, focusing on her arm again as he pulls more glass out. “What if you tried to cleanse it rather than break it down?” He pokes his tongue slightly out of his mouth after as he focuses on a particularly small piece of glass.
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe sighed but made no fight as he sat her down - not that she had the energy to do so even if she wanted to. His smile helped, and she tried to believe everything was okay, but it wasn't. Not even close. And try as she might to not take the weight of the world on her shoulders, it was difficult. "I'm still sorry." she mumbled.

As well meaning as his suggestions were, it caused irritation to flare in her. Did he think she was that stupid that she hadn't thought of that? But she swallowed it down, if only barely. He was cleaning glass out of her arms and had given his own blood to the cause. He was just trying to help. "I've tried both with the same outcome." she said quietly. "Even if you lit most of these medicines on fire, they wouldn't explode like that. It just...it can't be natural...and that makes me nervous because the only person I know of in Caido who makes unnatural things is the Voice..." And if the Voice was doing this and using the Ascended to spread it, it was just one more race war ready to break out.

"But...I don't know where to go from here. I don't know how to separate the blight from the infected cells...I don't know how I am supposed to study something that explodes everytime you interact with it."
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He rolls his shoulders lightly to her as if he’s shrugging it off, giving her a soft smile. But at his suggestion, she begins to tell him all she’s tried, and he diligently listens with a raised brow as he pulls more glass out of her arm. “Hmm.” He responds, unsure of how to continue. He’s not a doctor, he’s no medical person at all, but he likes to think he can have helpful ideas for those more capable of it.

A thought hits him once more and he regards her as he pats her arm gently, reaching up to stroke her cheek as well. “You’ve said you want a sample from Samuel to see if he was involved with the blight. What about a sample from another Ascended? See if it reacts at all?” He poises the question to her. If it is the Voice, even having just Sam in the Greatwood wouldn’t likely be the only source. It might be connected to the others somehow.

The gears in his mind keep working, doubting very highly that he could get anything from Lucas of all people. So who else were there?
boy born for revolution
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe was quiet, vacillating between being angry and calm as he cleaned the glass from her arms. Her emotions were all over the place, and mostly out of her control. For a moment, Jata seemed just as stumped as she was, which did nothing to lift her mood. She bit at her lip nervously, trying to come up with something. But finally, an idea came to Jata, and she glanced up at him.

Another Ascended? She rolled the idea over in her mind. It seemed like it would make sense for all the Ascended, as few in number as they were, to have the same ability to spread the blight as the one specifically sent in. It increased the odds of the disease spreading, even if they only briefly entered the wood. ”I’ve a friend named Rexanna. She became an Ascended recently…if you could send her here I could test a sample from her, even though I would still be interested in one from Sam.” she said. It wasn’t ideal, but it was something, and she knew Rex would help her.
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
your voice is all war
He can't help but to let his gaze wander over her face as she mulls over the idea he’s offered. And for a moment, he thinks she might turn it down too — and if she does, well, he’s completely at a loss as to how to continue. And so he waits patiently to see how she reacts to it. And when it hits and she gives him a name, he nods and smiles.

Before he stands fully, he gives her a gentle kiss to her forehead. “Be careful. I’ll go get her.” He tells her, moving toward the door before he grabs the snack he brought for her and brings it over. “And eat something, please?” He gives her a slightly knowing look before he slips out the door and back into the settlement to fetch yet another Ascended.
boy born for revolution