Where the Wild Things Are
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
It was the last few days of Leafchange, and it could be felt in the chill in the air that Deepfrost was just around the corner. So Phoebe had offered to take her nephews out for the day, to soak in the last few bearable days before the boys would need to be bundled in heavy coats and mittens and hats, leaving a note for Jata so he would know where she was and that he was welcome to join if he wished. She had ventured out with a blanket scarf around her shoulders, wearing it like a scarf to fend off the chill as the boys romped and roamed, tackling each other and rolling down hills, jumping into piles of leaves and fighting off fake foes.

Phoebe was clearly sick now though. Her usually snow white skin seemed paler than usual, her eyes had dark circles under them, and she was constantly cold. The young midwife found a place to sit and watch her nephews enjoy the day, enjoying the moment for what it was herself. Her time was likely short anyways, and still she made no major breakthroughs with the blight. Roana had told her she thought she had an idea about it, that it somehow made her think of the Spire Demon and it’s poison and the remedy Isla had made…but Phoebe hadn’t been present when Isla made the remedy, and those memories were now gone with her original corporeal form. Not that she was giving up in the face of this new information, but her mind needed a break. She could only stretch the limits of her intellect so far before it snapped.

And so she watched her nephews, carefree, unburdened still will the weight of life, enjoying what she could.
I can hold the weight of worlds
if that's what you need
be your everything
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 0
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Roana had been glad for the small reprieve from her boys – it was rather difficult to get anything done with them underfoot all the time. But once business was taken care of, she wouldn’t leave them with Phoebe for long. The younger woman was clearly very sick, and she did not need to have rambunctious boys on her hands longer than was absolutely necessary. If only Phoebe had come to her sooner, perhaps she could have mitigated some of this.

But alas, she could not go back in time to rectify it. She could only do what she could now.

And at that moment it meant rescuing her from her triplets. ”There are my wild little things!” Roana called out as she approached the field where the boys romped, watched by their Aunt and her faithful little dragon companion. The boy shouted a raucous hello to their mother before stampeding towards her, jumping up to tackle her with hugs. But Ro was quite used to this and simply laughed, managing to stay on her feet. ”Thanks for watching them Phoebe. How are you feeling?”
But I guess we'll have to be patient,
'cause it's a long way to go.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Table base and considerable assistance from Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
?
SUNJATA
Phoebe had left him a note, telling him of where she’d be today, inviting him as well to join her should he wish to. And he did want to, with every day she seemed sicker and sicker, and he wondered when a cure would be found — doing his best to keep her happy and comfortable in the meantime. So the least he could do was join her in the Fields, a place had only meandered through once before, with a small gift in his hand. He didn’t get much, but within the box held a few small saplings of flowers.

He wasn’t sure if he had gotten decent flowers, but he hoped the gesture would be enough for her, for him to bide the time and keep her mood swings under control. The last thing they needed were the both of them to have an event, and with her admission of being clingy, he decided it was something worth doing.

So he trudges through the fields until he spots her with three rambunctious children, a part inside him wincing internally as they bombard a woman he’s never seen before. But he assumed it was the relation, the mother to the boys who were Phoebe’s nephews, and he swallows his disgruntlement to place a smile on his face as he approaches, steel eyes drifting from Roana and the boys toward Phoebe. It’s his first impression on the other woman that he cares about, and subconsciously he makes sure he’s presentable — he is, hair nicely combed and not too messed up by the wind, his shirt a nice dark grey with dark pants and boots.

He gives the group a wave as a white smile crosses his face and he strides over to Phoebe. He leans in and place a kiss on her cheek gently before he hands her the box. “I got you a little something.” He says to her softly before he turns toward Roana with a similar smile and bow of his head. Doing the same to the boys despite the churning in his gut.
you were forged in fire
& you rose from the ashes
murder and mercy rolled into one
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe smiled as the boys bombarded the mother, giving Roana a small wave. "Anytime Roana. They really are well behaved." she said softly, lifting a hand to cover her mouth. "Tired. I'm tired." Phoebe told her. Always tired. Her brain felt constantly muddled, unable to wake itself up. Not to mention the extra dose of crankiness that came with it.

But before long someone else showed up. Brown eyes glanced over to Sunjata, smiling up at him as he kissed her cheek. "I'm glad you came." she said, looking down at the box he placed curiously. She opened it and stared at it in confusion for a moment before recognizing what she was looking at. "Oh! Crocus sprouts. These are lovely thank you." she said with a soft smile up at him.

But of course, introductions needed to be made.

"Sunjata, this is Roana. She was my brother's wife. And those are their son's, Cormac, Rhett, and Jax. Ro, this is Jata." she said with a small smile.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Roana smiled a little as she juggled her gaggle of boys. "You have to be careful not to push yourself too hard." Ro said in a motherly sort of tone. Phoebe would work herself to the bone, a trait she shared with the young midwife. And when she tried to protest, she held up a hand to silence her. "I know you promised Frey. But there is only so much a god can expect of a human girl, especially one who only just understands how those...cell things or whatever work. And if it gets to that point I will ask Frey myself to release you from this promise." the former Captain said, a hint of finality in her voice.

But then a man approached, and she watched with a raised brow as he greeted Phoebe with a kiss on the cheek. Even the boys settled to watch, not sure who he was or what he had to do with their Auntie. Roana crossed her arms, watching their interaction with a slightly tilted her, bright blue eyes hard and accusing as she looked at the Jata fellow Phoebe had mentioned. He seemed nice enough, a handsome fellow. But that didn't matter to Roana. Emmett had been a nice enough guy and still broken Phoebe's heart and shaken her self-worth. Unlike Phoebe though, it was clear that Roana was not going to be so easily fooled by handsome smiles and nice demeanors. "So, you're the fellow taking advantage of my sister-in-law's kindness now?" she said dryly.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
?
SUNJATA
Wouldn't miss it, lief.” He hums to her with a smile before she stares at the box and tells him what it is, a light chuckle leaving his lips as he nods his head to her. “I’m glad you know what they are, I promptly forgot a second after I stepped out the door.” He gives her shoulder a light squeeze before turning his attention onto Roana and her boys, standing to hear the introduction, steel eyes dancing to each of the boys in turn. Despite the churning in his gut, if he ever felt settled enough to want a family, he was sure he’d want a girl. Something else to differ from his family, from his home.

He gives Roana and the boys a wide smile of greeting and a nod of his head, but before he has a chance to say anything Roana speaks and a brow threatens to lift at the implications. “I wouldn’t say taking advantage, I’d say we make a good pair?” He offers with a light shrug, shooting a glance down toward Phoebe with the smile on his lips. But he raises his steel gaze toward Roana despite it all, his demeanor easy going and gentle despite everything. And he steps toward Roana and the boys briefly before pausing a bit before her. “She’s told me about Emmett, and if it’s any consolation, I will not make those mistakes.” His voice is lower as though it’s only a conversation between the two of them.

Then, despite the churning of his gut at the sight of the kids, he decides to at least try, trying to remember what the boys of his youth did when he was their ages. He gives Roana one last glance before he kneels in the grasses and addresses the kids with a rogue grin. “What kind of games do you boys like to play? Do you wrestle?” He raises his brow playfully, an arm braced on his leg while the other supports him in the grass below.

He finds he’d rather be dog piled by the three boys than have to continue to prove himself through sharp words with this woman who doesn’t even know him.
you were forged in fire
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe smiled at him using that nickname again, before carefully closing the box. "That's alright. I spend a lot of time identifying plants." she said softly. But the happy little mood was quickly disrupted by Roana's rudeness. Phoebe gaped at her, clearly shocked by the older woman's reaction. "Roana! Stop that, no one is taking advantage of anyone!" she said, glaring daggers at her sister in law. Really, she could be such a hauty jerk when she wanted too - probably because she had been a duchess once upon a time.

But Jata seemed to take it in stride, the rude accusations rolling off his back like water on a duck. He said something she couldn't quite hear before kneeling down to the children, ready to rile them back up. Despite her irritation in the moment at Roana, it was comforting to see him with the children - in fact it soothed her anger immediately as she watched with a warm smile. Either he had experience or seemed a natural with kids, something she personally found quite attractive.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
The boys glanced at each other in confusion. "Did he just call her leaf?" Cormac whispered to his brothers. Jax nodded, looking confused himself. "But why would he call her leaf?" he asked. Jax and Cormac both looked to Rhett, the smartest of the trio, who after a moment simply shrugged. "Probably because she is the Honeysuckle Princess and honeysuckles have leaves." he said. His brothers nodded, thinking that seemed a likely enough answer.

But their momma wasn't really paying attention to their antics. "The two aren't mutually exclusive." she said, unimpressed with his comeback. Pretty words and handsome smiles wouldn't work on her, and even as he leaned in close she seemed unmoved. "Prove it." she said, wondering if Sunjata even knew what those mistakes were. But her gaze softened as she looked over at Phoebe, who was clearly upset. "Your brother would've said the same thing and you know it...but with a lot more punching." Roana said with a slight drawl, clearly not intending to take back her words.

She watched him like a hawk as he leaned down to talk to her sons, who looked back at him wide eyed. "Yeah we wrestle a lot but we gotta be careful cause of Rhett's glasses " Jax said, a little louder than he really needed to he. "How come you kissed Auntie Phoebe's face like that?" Cormac asked. "Yeah are you her boyfriend?" Rhett added.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
?
SUNJATA
He absolutely doesn’t need Phoebe to defend him, but he lets her, a brow quirking at the words that Roana says back. Prove it? And how would he do that unless it came with time? He gives her another charming smile, head tilting down toward her but not in a way that seemed demeaning. Simply person to person, through the height difference. “I will, but you have to let me.” He answers low again, his accent slipping through near the end. But Roana has shifted to speak to Phoebe and Jata has knelt in the grasses to talk with the children. He hears Roana’s announcement and fights the urge to roll his eyes. “I can handle punches.” He tells her, glancing up to her, a brow raised as if to ask if that’s something Phoebe would like to see. But his attention shifts toward the boys now.

The one boy speaks a bit too loud, and Jata nods to him with a light chuckle, a brow raised while he internally cringes. And the next question the children fire at him make his smile falter slightly, and he glances between the three children before looking back at the pale, sick woman he had been spending so much time with. He bounces back as he turns to look at the kids again with a reignited smile, even while internally his stomach dances with uncomfort. “I am.” He tells them, because it’s the easiest way to explain it at their age. And then for shots and giggles he looks up to Roana with a smirk before regarding the children again. “You boys can call me Oom.” Relishing the small tidbit of information of his language, wondering if the children would ask further on it.

I think that Auntie Phoebe might be able to watch Rhett’s glasses if you all want to play?” He suggests, a small confident hint of a smirk on his lips.
you were forged in fire
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
The bickering between Roana and Sunjata made her head throb. Why. Why was this necessary. She was an adult woman who could make her own decisions. Sure, Ro was just looking out for her, and sure, Jata was just defending himself and his pride, but for the love of Frey it snapped her patience in an instant. "Okay, that's enough of that or I'll punch both of you!" Phoebe snapped angrily at them, doing her best to stop the argument before it escalated. She just didn't have the patience for it today.

She watched quietly then as Jata spoke to her nephews, fielding their questions with a grin. And though his words should have tempered her anger more, it just stoked it more, and it was clear in her honeyed gaze that she was just sat their fuming. Of course he could tell children he was her boyfriend, oh but not her. No, that was too hard, even though she was literally dying but whatever. Whatever made him happy, what made her happy didn't matter clearly.
if that's what you need
be your everything
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Roana had been about to snip back at Sunjata when Phoebe lost her temper. Blue eyes blinked at her in surprise, and the boys stiffened - having never seen their Auntie get made before. But Roana was less intimidated and more struggling to not laugh. Phoebe - punching her? Or him? It was one of the funniest things she'd heard in a long time. But she knew if she laughed it would just make things worse, and with her illness affecting her mood, that was something to be avoided.

So Ro raised her hands as if in surrender. "Sorry, Pheebs. I'll back off." she said to Phoebe, but shot Sunjata a sidelong look. She had her eye on him, and he'd best not make a misstep. Roana was not one to be trifled with.

The boys though, given their age, were less concerned about Jata, and more concerned about their Aunt who seemed to have lost her mind. "Uhm...I might just keep them, Oom." Rhett said quietly, holding his glasses on his face, a bit worried she might break them. "We are going to go anyways. It's almost dinner time " Roana said, glancing at Phoebe. "Thanks again for watching them." she said, before herding her brood back towards town.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
?
SUNJATA
There’s something with the flame that ignites Phoebe even further, and Sunjata glances up toward Roana with a raised brow, subconsciously biting the inside of his cheek. But he smiles internally, to the flame and brimstone she has within, blight or no blight. Still, he makes no comment, telling himself that he will apologize (though he thinks he has no reason to, after all he was only defending himself) before his steel gaze lands on Rhett, a soft smile playing on his lips.

Alright, suit yourselves.” He says with a playfulness to his voice. He clasps his hands together before he stands and regards the children again. “Next time, though.” He tells the boys with a playful wink before Roana begins to herd them back and he nearly exhales his frustrations. He turns toward Phoebe then, sitting in the grasses of the field beside her as he looks to her with soft eyes. “I am sorry, mooi meisie.” He tells her with a small light hum, glancing toward Roana’s retreating form.

He doesn’t know how Phoebe will react, but his eyes land back on her and he smiles to her gently. “Oom means uncle in my language. What do you think of that?” He tells her, waiting for the response, the reaction.
you were forged in fire
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
That fire and brimstone he admired from afar would likely fade in beauty the closer he got as it was turned upon him. ”No you’re not, don’t lie to me.” she snapped at him, pulling her legs up to her chest as she glared out at the grasses. They waved in the cool breeze and Phoebe pulled her blanket scarf tighter around her shoulders. Why did everyone have to go sticking their nose in her business or going out of their way not to get along – why couldn’t they just let her be happy?

Of course, Jata kept talking which was not the right move in that moment; though to be fair, not talking would have been equally as bad. She turned her honey eyed glare on him, lips pursed in a frown. ”I think it’s pretty presumptuous of you to tell them to call you uncle when we aren’t engaged. We weren’t even much more than a thing last I heard and you also told them you were my boyfriend.” she snapped at him, venom laced through the angry tone of her voice. Her gaze was fiery, filled with blight-fueled rage. ”Great to know my boy can say sentimental things to my nephew but not me.”
if that's what you need
be your everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
?
SUNJATA
His brow raises as she snaps at him and he settles in beside her, pausing before his head turns to her. “I am sorry.” He tells her with a bit more sincerity, but internally he’s wondering why he’s the one that has to apologize when Roana had been the instigator. But he makes no comment, instead chalking it up to the blight perhaps, until Phoebe’s next comment makes him lean forward in the grasses with a sigh.

Look, they don’t know what it means.” He begins, hands splaying in front of him as his steel gaze leaves her to run his hand through the blades of grass. “There is no term for girlfriend where I’m from.” There’s a certain honesty that lines his voice. “Girlfriend is just friend, and so it didn’t occur to me to consider what a boyfriend might be. Nor what it might mean.” He pauses to drift his gaze over to her, a weary exhaustion in his gaze. “And yes, because that’s the easiest way to explain it to someone his age. What was I supposed to tell him?” His head tilts with the question.

I told you why titles are hard for me. So forgive me if that is the one thing I wanted to take slow.” He looks back out over the grasses, watching the wind dance and weave between them before his hands raise to rub his face.
you were forged in fire