Flickering Memories
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I've been very hopeful so far
Now for the first time I think we're going wrong
Hurry up and tell me this is all a dream
Or could we start again, please?

She smiled a bit and reached out to push a bit of his hair out of his face. "Well, I'm glad that's not your thing. As a common girl I always found that thibg sort of tasteless." she said a little teasingly. Not to mention that it was common enough that the mistress was a common woman who always got the short end of the stick.

He laid down and so she did too. Phoebe folded her hands over his chest, resting her chin on them so she could watch him. "Like...me letting you get away with things?" she asked with a smile. His answer was satisfying enough, soothing to her nerves. "Well...it is good to hear that you...aren't disappointed that I am not just like her."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
Walking in the night sky, I'm always on your side
You are really saving me
His eyes follow her as she brushes the hair from his face and he listens to her easily as she teases, a snort leaving him once again before he continued on, leaning back to lay upon the ground. She lays upon him and he listens while she looks to him, suggesting with a smile that makes him huff lightly in a laugh. “Well, when you put it that way it sounds bad.” He jokes to her, lifting a hand to boop her on the nose before he settles back again and looks back up at the sky. “But yeah, I guess that’s it.

But she seemed satisfied by his next set of words and he internally relaxes, a huff of a small sigh leaving him as he nods. “If I was disappointed, I wouldn’t be here.” He tells her, more honestly seeping through. And it was true, because had he been disappointed by it, bored of it, didn’t want to deal with it anymore, then he wouldn’t. He had enough control over it to just leave if he thought things were better. It was easier for the both of them that way.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe smiled, squeezing her eyes closed as he booped her nose, laughing a little bit. "It is bad." she said, sitting up so she could look at the lanterns again. "But I'm an old soul I suppose. I was never particularly rebellious. I appreciate some structure." she said quietly, gazing at the latern she had placed for her child, wishing, wondering what it would have been like to know them, to hold them. Tears briefly welled in her eyes again, lips pursing to keep them at bay.

But Jata spoke again and she glanced back at him, a small smile curving her lips. "Well, that's good to know. Thanks." she said quietly, looking back at all the lanterns. At length she sighed, looking at her feet briefly. "It's moments like this that help me remember that it isn't so bad though. My child is with Mort, and there is not a more loving or peaceful place for them to be...they'll never have to know these sort of hardships."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
You are really saving me
She says she’s an old soul and he nods, he can see it. She reminds him of those that lived in the country over, where things had been drastically different from his home. His home? The structure was strict, and often resulted in maiming or death if you worked against it. Jata had been lucky, had made himself too vital of a role for them to kill, but that didn’t mean he didn’t still push the mold. She sits up and he keeps his eye on the sky, inhaling quietly and mulling it all over. “And I’ve always fought against everything that held me down. Rebellion has always been what I’m good at.” He replies.

Maybe it’s the lanterns, maybe it’s the festival, but he doesn’t quite think that his words are coming out so bad today. And he lifts his head just enough to look at her, propping himself on his elbows when she looks back at him. He considers her words with a small nod in agreement. “That is comforting to know.” He rumbles to her quietly, gaze lifting toward Lusea’s lantern with a small internal sigh. “Everywhere has its difficulties.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe smiled a little and looked back at him. Of course rebellion was in his blood. Perhaps the old adage that opposites attract was true, and that was how they had come to be. ”Maybe you will turn me into a more exciting person, and I will ground you a bit more.” she said with a little shrug, before looking back at all of the lanterns. It was comforting to see them all. In the depths of grief it was easy to think you were all alone with your tumultuous emotions; the Festival of Lights made it very clear that wasn’t the case.

She nodded a little, agreeing with is sentiments. Everywhere had its troubles. Everyone went through hard times. Life wasn’t perfect, and that was what made it beautiful – which was much easier to say than accept at times. ”Has anyone ever told you much about the gods? Besides Frey?” she asked him curiously.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
He considers her words as he chews on the inside of his lip, nodding both to her and himself — wondering if it would be such a bad thing to lose the rebellious tendencies. But at the same time, he doesn’t know what it means. He doesn’t know what he’d be like without it, without the quick wit and survival instincts that accompany it. And so he smiles to her gently with a small huff of a chuckle and a nod. “Perhaps.” He rumbles.

But they’re both looking out over the lanterns and he takes a moment to listen to what she says to him. Slowly, he shakes his head. “No. I know very little of Safrin and the others, only Frey upon meeting them.” He says with consideration.
SUNJATA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

She smiled a bit at him, unable to really picture him as ever being completely rule abiding. But that wasn’t absolutely a bad thing. It was good to question, and he had the personality and skills to do so, unlike her. But the conversation turned to the gods, and her eyes shifted back to the lanterns. ”Well, this festival is for Ludo, the Herald of Mort, who is the god of death.” she said. ”Ludo is a soul collector, who guides the souls of the dead to the realm of Mort. Ludo is a tricky god though, so it is best to stay on ones toes with them; but they aren’t unkind either. They comforted me when I went to pay my respects after losing my child, and turned a stuffed rabbit I had made for them into a spectral rabbit. I’ve never met Mort, but I am told Mort is the god who gave use the ability to love as a gift, though our capacity for it pales in comparison. I’ve a feeling he isn’t quite as terrifying as one would imagine death to be.” she said with a smile.

”Then there is Safrin, the Herald of Vi, the god of life. Safrin looks like a night sky and is beautiful beyond compare. She is kind but shrewd, willing to answer one’s questions to the extent she can. I don’t know much about Vi if I am honest, but I have only ever heard good things. To oversee life, with all its complexities, is difficult I am sure.” Between each grouping she paused, in case he had questions.

”Then of course there is Frey, Herald of Rae who is the god of nature – or rather everything between life and death. Frey…well you have met Frey.” she said with a smile his way. ”Frey likes presents and does not like their time wasted. Clearly passion and sexuality is their focus, but not if is by force. I actually think they’d find that rather offensive. They came and comforted me after I miscarried and showed me the cells that make up all of life. Rae I know the least about. Frey has never mentioned them much. I’ve a feeling like Frey, they are probably equal parts simple and complex.”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
She begins her tale and Jata finds his eyes drift from the lanterns and the people to land on her as she explains, speaks of Ludo and Safrin, of Frey and the ones they speak to. And he nods quietly at easy pause, soaking it up but unable to think of anything to respond with. The gods of his home had been legend, had never existed, and up until Caido he had never prayed before either. And so he finds it a wholly new experience having gods watch out for their people, their world. He doesn’t know if it comforts him for he fears it.

I think I might like Ludo the most.” He jests with a quiet hum of laughter, quiet as for Frey to not hear him, before his eyes linger on her figure again and he reaches out to pull her down with him again. “Have you met Safrin?” He asks her thoughtfully, eyes tilted toward the sky as he listens for her answer.
SUNJATA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe was happily tugged down next to him, reclining in her side with her head on his shoulder as she gazed up at the stars. For a moment everything felt right. It was peaceful and calm and nothing could shake it, cuddled in close to the man she…felt very strongly for (for even in the safety of her own mind she did not want to yet admit how quickly her heart could fall). She could have stayed there forever if she could. ”I think you should withhold your judgement until you meet them all.” she advised with a smile.

”Yes, I’ve met Safrin.” she said with a smile. ”I met her just before LongNight last year, and she sent a glow fish that kept me safe between the Outskirts and Rathskellar when Emmett and I had to make a run for it.” she said softly. ”I had gone to her to apologize on behalf of a man named Bastien who had insulted her so much she removed her blessing from him. He is too proud for his own good, and I was worried she might take out her anger at him on others. But that doesn’t seem to be her nature.” she said with a small smile.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
She advises him on withholding judgement and he chuckles in response, his hand rubbing at her shoulder gently as he continues to stare at the sky. “I was a member of the judgement house, remember?” He replies matter of factly with another quiet huff of a chuckle. But he’s moved on from there, asking about Safrin and listening while she explains.

But he finds the explanation not necessarily something terrible, and he shrugs his shoulders in response. “That’s good.” He tells her of it not being her nature. “I always just figured when I met a god they’d smite me down instantly.” He tells her, another humorous answer to her information. But his head angles a bit toward hers and there’s amusement lingering in his voice and face as he thinks on it. “Frey called me blue-eyes.” He hums with a laugh.
SUNJATA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

”Begrudgingly so, from what I understand.” she said with a light laugh. ”And even so, my advice still stands, if you would deign take advice from a common woman like me, your lordliness.” she teased, leaning up to kiss his cheek before snuggling back in against his shoulder.

Phoebe shook her head a little, knowing his thoughts on how the gods would react upon first meeting him. ”I think they give most everyone a chance to make a good impression the first time around, but they do seem able to tell the fakers amongst the truthful.” she said. ”I have yet to hear of Safrin out rightly punishing anyone. Ludo had punished people by taking away their memories of those they cared for. Frey will too. They took away Remi’s ability to feel passionate emotions – but did return them after he learned his lesson.” she explained. They weren’t to be trifled with, that was for certain, and Phoebe held great respect for their status and power.

”Blue-eyes huh?” she said with a smile. ”They do like pet names. They’ve called me all sorts of things.”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
He snorts with a small shrug. “Might have been begrudgingly, but it’s in my blood at the least?” He jokes before she continues her own joke that makes him audibly laugh. “My ears are burning with that title.” He tells her, making a small cringe of a face before he huffs slightly and settles back down to listen. And he nods with the understanding that comes underneath it.

Frey had a great deal to say about our activities.” He adds with a quiet chuckle, steel eyes finding the sky once more before he shakes his head lightly. “But... It is strange, to feel as though you’re being both watched and… well, not watched.” He explains, his arm continuing to rub at her shoulder. “I am not used to it.” And he isn’t, he’s used to people following words and legends, never having the opportunity to simply go ask. He wonders if it makes it easier or more difficult in the long run.
SUNJATA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

”Well try and hold your natural urges at bay until you meet them then.” she said with a light laugh. Her laugh grew as he said his ears were burning, a playful smile on her lips. ”Now I know how to irritate you, your lordliness. Your grace. His imperial eminence.” she said, snickering as she did so.

That Frey had a lot to say about their sex life didn’t surprise her in the least, but it did make her cheeks burn. ”I am sure they did, considering I hadn’t really done a lot before you…what sort of things did they have to say?” she asked curiously. She had a few good guesses but…she would rather know than wonder. She fell silent for a moment, wondering how to respond to him. ”I think they simply know when they wish to know. They have other things that they are busy with after all.” she said with a slight shrug.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
Oh she was correct, and he uses his other hand to cover his face and eyes as she speaks all the titles he cringes against as he chuckles to himself. “Please stop.” He whines to her, a chuckle and a laugh, his hand stilling on her arm just enough for him to groan and sigh playfully before his hand drops toward the grass, feeling the blades beneath his fingertips.

But then she asks what Frey had to say about them and he can’t help the smirk of a smile that plays on his lips as he stares at the sky and the lanterns around them. “Told me I could get you to ignore your shaking hands by making you shake in other ways.” He looks to her side eyed at this, waiting for the red to flush, the awkward pause, before he chuckles once more.
SUNJATA