Flickering Memories
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I've been very hopeful so far
Now for the first time I think we're going wrong
Hurry up and tell me this is all a dream
Or could we start again, please?

Phoebe laughed as he whined, quite sure she had never heard him make such a noise before. ”Your wish is my command, your honor.” she said with a snicker, purposefully using the title most associated with judges. He teased her often enough, it was fun to have found something she could tease him back with, small as it was.

When he revealed what Frey said, she blinked, but didn’t blush. She could hear the phrase distinctly in the deity’s voice, but it clearly didn’t embarrass her. ”That’s all? Well, that is pretty tame for Frey.” she said with a light laugh. ”I was expecting something much more raunchy. Though, I suppose you did go there to discuss a more serious topic.”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
Walking in the night sky, I'm always on your side
You are really saving me
Your wish is my command, your honor.” She tells him and he rubs at his face more with a groan before turning his head just enough to peak at her through his fingers, masking the smile on his lips. “Phoebe.” He plays his voice as serious but the smile lingers on his lips before he shakes his head. “Don’t make me have to make you stop.” He tells her after pulling his hand from his face and giving her a wink.

But they’re talking about Frey now, which he supposes falls into line with the rest of where he’s getting at and he nods with another chuckle of laughter. “I know, imagine my surprise when that’s all they had to say after you talked them up!” He teases, pinching at her arm as though it were her fault his hopes had been so high. “It was pleasant though, despite the seriousness of what I went there for. I was shocked.” He hums, leaning back again to place his head on the blanket, a rare true smile tilting the corners of his lips up.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe

She looked at him in concern briefly, hearing the seriousness in his voice. Had that really made him that angry? But then he winked and she smiled a bit, shaking her head. ”I don’t think I can, I’m on a roll now, sire.” she said before quickly rolling away and out of his grasp, in case there was a punishment to be paid for her insolence.

Ha. Phoebe. Insolent. His rebelliousness really was rubbing off on her.

”Don’t get so excited. They will take it as a challenge and the things they’ll say will make even you blush.” she said with a smirk, sitting up to watch the lanterns again. ”Frey is pleasant if you engage with them as they wish to be engaged with. If you bring them presents, mind your manners…they are actually a very warm and deep feeling deity. They are just very dedicated to their purpose and interests.”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
You are really saving me
Oh. She continues her titles, and for a moment he contemplates pinning her to make her stop, but before he even gets the inkling of though, a muscle twitching in his tattooed shoulder, she’s rolling away out of his grasp and he raises a brow to her as he sits up — surprised for such an action to come from her after all. He shakes his head again, snorting lightly trying to catch her gaze so she can see him roll his eyes.

Then she speaks more on Frey and he listens diligently, a flicker of laughter creasing his lips. “Me? Blushing?” He feigns his words with a sharp eye toward her, gleaming silver. “I don’t think that’s possible.” He jests with another hum of laughter, listening to her continue and giving her a nod of understanding. It occurs to him that perhaps they’d wished to be treated more like a person, less like an all knowing being. And that was something Jata could understand to an extent.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

She raised a brow and smirked at him as he rolled his eyes. Quietly she reached into the basket and pulled out a bottle of wine and a couple of glasses. "You're just mad I finally found something I can use to tease you with." she said with a small smile, trying to uncork the bottle but struggling to do so. The tremble in her hands was very problematic and made a lot of things requiring fine motor skills near impossible.

"Oh, I will he sure to let them know that so they can prove to you just how wrong you are." she said with a light laugh. "Frey makes you look like a nervous, innocent schoolgirl that just had her first kiss on her cheek." she teased. Sure she was exaggerating a bit. But only a bit.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
He raises a brow to her, a dangerous smirk on his lips. “Mhm, that’s the reason.” He confirms with a smirk, before it fades as she begins to try and open the bottle of wine. Quietly, he reaches for it and uncorks it for her, letting her set out the glasses and pouring it if she wishes to. But his eyes drift up to her face at the poised threat, and he chuckles in response.

Oh, so not just blush but straight red in the face?” He asks her with a small laugh. He opens his arms wide to pretend as though he’s explaining something before his hand reaches for her arm and he quirks a brow playfully. “Or like you did when we met?” His eyes linger on hers with a smirk.
SUNJATA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

She let him take the bottle, a flash of frustration flashing across her gaze. She should be able to open a bottle on her own but she couldn't, not with the blight coursing through her veins. But she managed to rein it in, breathing deeply through her nose, fingers curling into the blanket once the glasses were laid out. Quietly she watched as he poured the glasses, then picked hers up.

"Maybe." she said cheekily. Phoebe had nearly gotten the glass to her lips when suddenly, he grabbed her arm and she looked over at him wide eyed. Her cheeks reddened slightly at his implications. "I don't know what I looked like then, I couldn't see myself." she said with a small smile.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
There's a moment where he holds his breath and hopes there's no outburst from the blight as he takes the bottle. To his surprise, there isn’t, and he pours the glasses before nestling in the wine again to grab his in his free hand when his other grabs onto hers. And that’s when she blushes, and he withdraws his hand to lift his chin and give her a matter of fact look.

I’d hazard something like a school girl that just had her first kiss.” He grins to her before taking a sip of the wine — his attention focused on her to see how she takes it before he lets a small amount of a laugh leave him. “Deep red.” He dips his head as if confirming it for her, a smirk gracing his lips.
SUNJATA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe blinked, waiting for Jata to say something. But when he did...she rolled her eyes, groaning a bit. "You're incorrigible." she said, a hint of a smile on her lips as she lifted the glass of wine to them. It was a dark red, dry but smooth. Clearly something Remi had made for her, likely wishing to keep her stocked on decent wine after the time she got drunk on the awful local stuff.

Her eyes glanced towards the laterns, people still stepping up to place theirs. It made her wonder, knowing her life was fading in some capacity, that she might die or be otherwise incapacitated. "Jata...will you be sad if I die? Will you miss me?" she asked quietly, glancing at him. They hadn't been together long but...things had just fallen into place so comfortably so quickly. They fit together like pieces of a puzzle, two parts of one piece. But was that enough for him? Did he feel the same?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
The wine was smooth, and he manages to finish his glass in lieu of making more jokes to her. Setting his glass down, he sits up fully, wrapping his arms around his knees again comfortably to follow her line of sight toward the others filtering in and putting up their lanterns. It’s peaceful despite the sorrowful gathering, and he wonders if it’s like this every year. If perhaps his home should have mourned their people more beautifully than sending them off to sea.

Her question distracts him, and his eyes shift to focus on the lantern he had placed. He didn’t want to talk about that, to talk about the probability that things might just end up terrible after all, that he was doomed from the start. He spends a while thinking on it, wondering if next year he’d be placing two lanterns instead of the one, and he contemplates before he shifts his weight slightly, still looking away from her.

Yeah.” He tells her honestly. But deep down he wonders if it’s him or if it’s coincidence. What’s the difference in the end between a sickness and a blade when they resulted in the same? He inhales before he reaches for the bottle and pours himself another glass, throwing it back before he tries to lighten the mood. “What am I going to do without having someone to call me an idiot?” He asks, a slight tremble to his voice as his eyes still linger on his lantern in the distance.
SUNJATA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Morbid as it might be, it was comforting in a way to know he would be sad, that he would miss her. She knew others would too - Remi, Rexanna - but he was different in a way. Rex and Remi were family. He was equal to them but somehow different, her insistence on thinking around the word that would perfectly encapsulate the feeling making it difficult to describe. Silently she watched him drain this glass, then throw back another, smiling a little and shaking her head.

"You'll find someone else to call you an idiot, in time. That's what happens when you live." she said quietly, sipping her own wine. She was so young, it was terrifying and strange to speak of her own mortality this way. But it was her reality. "But you're not an idiot. Not any more than the rest of us anyways." she said, turning to give him a small smile.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
He downs the glasses in a haphazard attempt at dulling his mind from the question. It isn’t something he wants to think about, another thing to deal with, to feel; and Jata finds that he’s simply done with it all after that. Her next set of words don’t give him any comfort, and he continues to stare out over the grasses to the lanterns at the edges, inhaling quietly.

Did he want to go through it all again?

No. No he didn’t. And his head tilts to look at her when she comments that he’s not an idiot, offering her a small smile in response. Oh, but the man was, he just found it sweet that Phoebe didn’t think so. But he had to be, walking into the same thing over and over again. Perhaps it’s a lesson that he was supposed to be learning. Perhaps he had simply killed too many, to be afforded a chance at happiness. “I am absolutely an idiot, just a small amount more than everyone else.” He tells her with a small smile and a tilt to his head. “An idiot that always runs to the things that don’t work out in the end.
SUNJATA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe laughed a little and shook her head. ”I wouldn’t quite say that.” she said with a smile. She took another sip of her wine, contemplating it. ”You let your passion guide you. You chase what you want and what you believe in, regardless of circumstance or difficulty. Not everyone can do that.” she said, grinning at him. ”It takes a lot of strength. And a bit of stubbornness…which does cross the fine line between idiocy.”

She paused, looking at her glass. ”Sorry to bring the mood down, it’s just…it’s nice to know that you like me enough that you would miss me.” she said with a small smile his way. He didn’t say how he felt, he didn’t use words to make it clear, and so she only had actions to go off of. This sort of roundabout way of getting him to say it did help.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You are really saving me
She tells him she wouldn’t say the same, and his gaze drifts toward her as she contemplates and explains, sipping her wine with what appears to be nonchalance. And while she explains, she grins to him before mentioning strength and stubbornness, something Sunjata had quite the reputation for. And he nods, a small amount with a crooked half smile that forms on his lips. “I suppose so.” He offers quietly, until she pauses and apologizes.

His eyes skate over her face with brows inching together a small amount, and she tells him with a small smile that it was nice to know that he liked her enough to miss her. And he gives her a small smile too, tearing his gaze away from her to look out over the lanterns again. “I do, I will.” He rumbles to her, reaching up to run a hand through his hair as he contemplates. “The last time I said... ‘I love you’... was to her, and it was the day she died.” He explains roughly, gesturing to his head toward the lantern he had made before his eyes skate back over to hers. “Every time I want to say it, it feels like a death sentence.
SUNJATA