Training Acceptable Targets (Open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

Peter managed to throw Loren off. Instead of panicking, the summoner rolled away from the other man before Loren clambered up. By that time Peter was already reaching for the summoner so he grabbed for the other man’s outstretched arm while simultaneously stepping aside from Peter’s rush. Loren intended to let the other man’s momentum carry him past the summoner, then twist Peter’s arm up behind his back. That would hopefully be enough to get the other man to stop fighting, though if he wanted to continue Loren would be more than happy to oblige.

LOREN
Brought back by satisfaction more times than the cat
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Peter
His eagerness, and the momentum from it, were his downfall. For a moment, Peter thought he’d had victory, and then his arm was twisted behind his back, his shoulder creaking in protest. He could pull, but it wasn’t really worth the risk of actually doing some damage to himself.

So he stayed still, standing with his back to Loren and his arm twisted uncomfortably behind him. Peter took a moment to take a breath, school his face into neutrality instead of whatever it was twisted in, and turned, moving with Loren’s hand until they were face to face. He thought maybe he should say something, but he didn’t trust himself enough to keep his bitterness between his teeth, and so he nodded, hoping it conveyed... something appropriate.
I don't wanna live that way
I do not wanna live in pain

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

As Peter slowly turned until they were face to face, Loren immediately sent a pulse of healing magic through both of them to chase away any aches or injuries. While he didn’t think either of them had taken too much damage in the bout, he wasn’t willing to take that chance. It was weird to think that he was the stronger of the pair—especially given how much he’d held back—but he remembered a little bit about what it felt like to be weak in his family, and he cast his mind back to what he would’ve liked to hear then.

So first, he grinned broadly at the other man. ”Excellent job.” It really had been: against an opponent with unknown abilities and skills, Peter had held up remarkably well. ”You used every tool at your disposal and the environment to your advantage. Blinding me with water was a particular inspired choice.” All that was definitely true. It wasn’t the other man’s fault that the summoner was much stronger and had more training. But both of those could be fixed with time; Peter already had the right instincts, which would’ve been much hard to instill.

LOREN
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Peter
It stung to be shown up again. One of Peter’s hands came up to rub at his chest, though any physical ache that might have settled into him was gone, there was still the dull throb of disappointment behind his ribs. Much as he wanted to, he didn’t pull away from Loren, choosing to stand perfectly still instead, his eyes focused around the other mans chin.

Usually when he’d had a bad training session, he could expect to be yelled at, berated, or, at the very least, told to do better. To his surprise, and suspicion, Loren simply grinned at him, telling him excellent job. The praise was so unusual Peter felt himself stiffen up completely, his brows knitting tighter and tighter as the other Launceleyn continued. By the end of it, Peter wasn’t sure if he wanted to cry or thank Loren, and settled on a shaky nod, his voice wavering as he replied. ”I-I... I’ll do b-better ne... next time?”

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
the Firebrand

Change author:

Well, seeing as Loren had, for a long time—most of his life, really—been the weakest member of the Launceleyns, he recognized the signs of disappointment and shame. Unfortunately, given that he’d usually been on the losing end of one of these training sessions, he wasn’t quite as good at providing comfort. Still, as Peter stiffened up and stammered, the summoner kept smiling. Once upon a time, that had been Loren, and he’d come a long way from there. So there was hope for Peter yet. ”That’s all I can ask. I have no doubt that you will, and if you ever want to practice or spar again, let me know. Or if you need me for anything at all, really.”

Walking over to pick up his staff, he planted it firmly in the ground, glancing at the sky to see if he could get some sense of the time. ”You hungry?” Given that the summoner was still recovering from malnourishment, he was basically always hungry, and after the sparring session he knew they both should eat something. However, he’d understand if Peter wanted to get on with his life. They could always get to know each other another time.

LOREN
Peter Pikely

Change author:
Peter
Suspicion lingered in the hard set of Peters face, his jaw working as he considered Loren. The summoners smile hadn’t faltered, and there was no expectation or snide trickery in his voice. There was just... sincerity. Encouragement, and support. Things Peter had thought would come with a family, but had only just received. ”I-I... I’d like that. I think.” Peter nodded, as if that somehow added to his certainty. ”Thank you.”

”Hungry?” Peter repeated, thinking about it. He wasn’t exactly hungry, but he knew he should eat. ”Yes. Kind of... yes.” It might be nice to get to spend more time with Loren, and this was as good an excuse as any. Even if he ended up spending the time not talking and considering the natural born Launceleyn.

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
the Firebrand

Change author:

Loren waved away Peter’s gratitude. ”No need to thank me. And...I’d like that too.” Being able to help his family instead of harm them: it was basically all the summoner had wanted his entire life, and while the other man was adopted, he was still a Launceleyn. That meant, despite everything, Loren had a chance to correct his family’s horrible legacy and fix their twisted teachings.

As Peter agreed to grab some food, Loren’s smile broadened to a true grin, one of the rare ones that transformed the summoner almost into another man entirely. ”Great. Let’s go then.” With that, Loren would lead the way back to the Manor in companionable silence; like Peter, the summoner wasn’t much of a talker, so unless the other man had something to say, they probably wouldn’t discuss much of anything.

LOREN