keep my head above water
Sarya Daemenor
Thief / Assassin

Age: 28 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Rayo Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sarya grinned at the compliment, fluttering her lashes sweetly at her companion. Despite the need to hide her true past, there was something deliciously innocent about the conversation, something easy and refreshing to a woman who had made a living in shadows and subterfuge. For once, it didn't matter who she had been, or even who she was now -- she was just a girl in a bar. She could be anyone, or no one, and it simply didn't matter. Not to her, not to Edrei, not to anyone.

The woman wondered briefly if her past would even matter here. What use would a thief be in a society that had nothing? Human nature was and would always be jealous, but what kind of loot was there to be found in this desolate wasteland? She imagined, too, that an assassin would be even less needed. Perhaps one day, once empires began to rise and political intrigue began to thicken, but when would that day come? From where Sarya was standing, it looked pretty far off indeed. Pretty baubles and petty rivalries tended to fall to the wayside when everyone was focused on simply surviving.

Still, if she'd learned nothing else in her eighteen years, it was that it never hurt to play things close to the vest. She'd not show her hand too soon, and certainly not to the first pretty face to come along. Even if that pretty face was remarkably pretty.

"Yes, new," Sarya purred, "Something... exciting." An undisguised flash of desire lit her honeyed eyes. When she turned the question on Edy, the dark girl groaned. Even that sound stirred something deep within Sarya, and she traced the rim of her glass with a forefinger, imagining for a moment that it was something else, softer and much more inviting. Though, to be fair, the whiskey was quite good.

It was ironic that the first acquaintance she made in this new land was just the kind of person who'd have liked to have her head back home. Sarya usually steered clear of soldiers and their ilk unless she needed something from them, or if they were unfortunate enough to have earned her attention by contract. Still, there was something about Edy that was different from the guards she had known in her homeland. They had always been so uptight, so regimented--nothing like the seemingly carefree girl in front of her.

"Bigger and better suits you." Sarya winked. "Guarding things is so last world."

text. "talk"

Sarya Daemenor
so the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing

Messages In This Thread
keep my head above water - by Sarya - 11-22-2018, 07:51 PM
RE: keep my head above water - by Edrei - 11-22-2018, 08:00 PM
RE: keep my head above water - by Sarya - 11-22-2018, 08:19 PM
RE: keep my head above water - by Edrei - 11-22-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: keep my head above water - by Sarya - 11-22-2018, 09:17 PM
RE: keep my head above water - by Edrei - 11-22-2018, 09:40 PM
RE: keep my head above water - by Sarya - 11-22-2018, 10:16 PM
RE: keep my head above water - by Edrei - 11-22-2018, 10:32 PM