i'm still turning out
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
in the right heaven-yellow light, anything could be
holy enough to save you
Phoebe reassures her that she’ll be there, and Rexanna gives her a grateful fanged smile in response, a small nod of her head in answer. She is glad that the midwife will be there, blight or not. That despite her being Ascended, she hadn’t lost every friend. But as she speaks of Sunjata, Rexanna’s eyes drift back to the midwife’s face, feeling a bit sorrowful for how she had spoken of him if she still thought kindly of him. “He went and saw Frey… And came back fine?” Her head tilts, as though it’s unbelievable for her.

She shakes the thought from her head as Phoebe speaks of Kiada, and she nods slightly. “That version of me was a terrible mother… So there’s nothing to really reconnect on. She expects me to make the same mistakes.” She offers a bit sadly, but gesturing to her lithe form, it is impossible for her to bear any of the children. Though she doesn’t tell Phoebe it’s still possible – that the Voice had assured Bastien as much.

But the midwife sighs, and her head lifts to look at her friend again before she wraps her arms around her legs, rocking back on her tailbone slightly as she regards her. “Hmm.” She says after a moment, wondering what the meaning of that was, and why they had to stick their heads where they didn’t belong. For a moment she thinks of Lucas, her full lips forming into a small frown. “Well, do let me know if he’s successful? I want to meet them first.” She tells her with a knowing look. Rexanna knew she could smell bad blood from a mile away.

You are too good for him, anyway.” She says gently, though the words are strong. It took a lot to deal with it, and yet despite Phoebe’s melancholy, she was strong. And she hears as Phoebe speaks on the Rathskeller and Longnight, her lips forming another line of uncertainty. “Phoebe… I, why are you holding onto them? Is it more important to hold onto them than to help people?” She asks quietly, wondering if the blight had begun to affect more than just her friend’s mind, but also her heart.

If it’s to say that they’ll use them, Rexanna tries to continue. “Wessex is my friend.” Her voice is soft, contemplative. “And she is Queen alongside Ronin, whether you recognize her as such or not. She was Queen before Ronin was.” She says quietly, not trying to deny it but wondering what the thought process was. Was it because she was Ascended? Would Phoebe treat her the same because of it too?
REXANNA

Messages In This Thread
i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-27-2019, 07:24 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-27-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-27-2019, 11:04 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-27-2019, 11:16 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-27-2019, 11:43 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-28-2019, 12:30 AM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-28-2019, 12:45 AM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-28-2019, 12:33 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-28-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-28-2019, 09:57 PM