i'm still turning out
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
in the right heaven-yellow light, anything could be
holy enough to save you
Phoebe tells her that Frey isn’t as wrathful as people think, and Rexanna quirks a fanged smile to the midwife. “I know that, I just imagined he’d do something stupid.” She admits with a quiet quip of laughter. But the conversation shifts and she thinks on Frey and the gods, and sighs inwardly to herself. “I am keeping a wide berth from the gods as of late though, for obvious reasons.” It’s half a mumble but it’s there. But Phoebe is speaking of Kiada, and Rexanna shrugs a bit in response. “I think she’ll come around with time.” She admits lightly — uncertain how the firebrand would react to Phoebe. If she would be kind, or brutal.

She offers another light shrug at Phoebe’s other response, adding nothing to it. What is there for her to say, anyway? She’s thankful when the midwife continues, changing the subject, for a time as Phoebe mentions she doesn’t trust the natural Ascended and her sapphire gaze flits up with a slightly raised brow. “I think that it is odd, but I also don’t believe coincidence to be causation.” She pauses thoughtfully, though a sinking feeling begins in her gut. She looks to the midwife and sees the sickness within her, uncertain if such a task is up for her help alone.

But she also understands stubbornness, and the terrifying feeling it may be to face such a fate caused by them. “We did not know it was us.” She tells Phoebe, thinking of Sam and how terrified he had been at the possibility. These people were born here, why would they aim to destroy it? She recalls Wessex at their meeting, mentioning she will talk to the Voice as well. And while Rexanna had aimed in the past to avoid damage control, she finds herself on both sides. She gnaws on her lip for a moment while Phoebe continues, drawing an unneeded breath before puffing it out.

Would you think of me different if I told you I trusted Wessex?” She asks, leaning back. Because she has seen beneath the hardened exterior, has seen the love Wessex has for her people and her home. She knows that Wessex wouldn’t intentionally do such things… Doesn’t she?

She loves her people, she loves the Hollowed Grounds.” She loves the Voice too. But she knows from her own experience that going to the voice and becoming this came from necessity. What if Wessex’s story is the same? And hadn’t Sam in all his life hated the Voice and what he became, to have done it to be worth something to his family? She mills it over quietly. “Would Ronin have you do this? Even with the information of the Ascended, they are still our monarchs. They are still working together as far as I know.
REXANNA

Messages In This Thread
i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-27-2019, 07:24 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-27-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-27-2019, 11:04 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-27-2019, 11:16 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-27-2019, 11:43 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-28-2019, 12:30 AM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-28-2019, 12:45 AM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-28-2019, 12:33 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Rexanna - 08-28-2019, 06:55 PM
RE: i'm still turning out - by Phoebe - 08-28-2019, 09:57 PM