Personal Quest kingdom come
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
he told me i was holy
Well, things had imploded, as much as she had hoped they wouldn’t. And yet, the notice had been posted, and she had a wedding to plan. The show would go on, so to speak, and so she focused on it, sending invites out to who might be interested in joining her with the planning of the event, before posting one to the notice board in the hopes of someone might come wishing to help. Bastien had his own going on, and so she had managed to remain indoors of her own home, planning her separate section of it, while the world around them seemed to burn and burn and burn.

But she needed a dress, needed a bouquet, needed ring boxes and general ideas of décor. She knew Bastien was handling most of that, but it couldn’t hurt to have a bit of the both of them among the event.

And so, she remained awake prepping the home for anything they would need, plenty of extra cloth and fabric for creating the dress. The only hard part would be the bouquet, but she imagined once they had the design of it down, when the time came it would be easy to put together. And she waited for them to show.

PQ for planning Rex and Bastien’s wedding! :DD No post order for arriving <3

1. Deimos
2. Remi
3. Lily
4. Loren
REXANNA
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Loren had just met Rexanna, and he wasn’t sure if they were friends, or even acquaintances. Still, they’d had a good conversation in the Rathskellar, and then she’d helped him with the party for Edy, so he felt incredibly indebted to her. That was especially true because she’d done all that when she had a wedding to plan, and after everything Zariah had put her through. Loren didn’t know all the details, but he knew enough. He really did owe the blue-eyed woman quite a bit, especially since she hadn't asked for anything in return.

So he’d been touched, and even pleased to receive her invitation to help her prepare for her ceremony. Though he wasn’t sure what, if anything, he could contribute, he obviously was going to show up. Not sure if he was expected to bring anything—nor sure what Rexanna would even enjoy, both because they were strangers and because she was an Ascended—he’d shown up empty handed. Of course, with him, that didn’t necessarily mean anything. After all, he could create objects and creatures out of thin air.

Arriving at her door, he took a moment to make sure he was presentable. Normally he wouldn’t have cared about any of that, but he didn’t know who else would be there, and he felt better in clothes that fit rather than the rags he’d worn around immediately after his return. Granted, the sturdy black shirt and pants that he wore, along with boots, were hardly fashionable, and they hung loosely on his gaunt frame, but it was still an improvement.

He tried the door, which was open. Tentatively he made his way through her home, feeling like an intruder. Luckily, he spotted Rexanna, surrounded by cloth of every kind. “Hello.” His voice came out with just a hint of uncertainty, but it was friendly and polite all the same. “Thanks for inviting me.” He was surprised to see he was the first to arrive (as far as he could tell), but he quickly got over it. ”Can I help you with that?” Gesturing at the fabrics, he made his way closer, curious what she was doing with it all.
LOREN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
this is the start, even if we don't know where we are
That the alchemist wouldn't come was absurd. Not only was Rexanna one of the first 'other' outlanders he'd met, but after so many bizarre encounters between the two of them (so many sexual, strangely), not to mention her help with his own wedding (Aoife would likely have come in a sack, had the decision been left to Ronin rather the Penumbra), nearly nothing would have stopped him from lending whatever help he could.

Not even Loren, much as a lump appeared in his throat at the sight of the other man.

Swallowing it away and brandishing an easy boyish smile for the pair of them, Remi closed the door behind him, heading towards the duo with two bottles of wine. "I know it is not the same...ahh..now, but I could not resist." The alchemist chuckled, winking at the bride to be, before offering a crooked smile to Loren. Setting the bottles down, the alchemist glanced towards the summoner with eyebrows softly raised. Remi's creation magic was unparalleled and yet...something in him deferred to mage. "Would you?" Nodding towards the bottles and the lack of anything to drink the wine from, he smiled.

Turning to the fabrics, Remi tutted dramatically under his breath before shaking his head. "Ah! Mio Dio! Cara! So much fabric! You must let your beauty shine!" He sang out, his imitation of Bastien likely growing old, but it was hard to resist.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Deimos
The Sword wasn’t certain when wedding planning had come into his repertoire, or clamored as a diversion from every other thing riddling him, the land, and the world. But Rexanna had asked, had implored, and he’d already had a hand in the ministrations and machinations, courtesy of Remi and Ronin’s nuptials, and held no means of denial or rejection at the notions. His hands could do more than just devastate with a weapon – calloused as they were, creation was also in the forefront of their digits and palms, capable of concocting and conducting whatever his friend required.

So he obliged, maneuvering into Rexanna’s domicile with little rue or regret, arching his brow as he saw Loren linger along the threshold too – not expecting his presence. “Loren,” he proffered as a form of greeting, before maneuvering his gaze Remi, fellow crafters and creators in the midst - granting him a head nod, "Remi,", eyeing the wine and trying to stifle a round of laughter at the obvious Bastien impression. Then his stare swept to the Penumbra, likely to eclipse them all. “Rexanna,” he rumbled, the depths of a smile threatening to wrap along his mouth. This was supposed to be a content affair; void of his trials, tribulations, and despair. He could save the anguish for another occasion (was she aware of Kiada’s condition? The notion lurked at the back of his mind, but refused to assemble in this congregation). “What do you need done?” The beast wasn’t certain of any Ascended wedding traditions, and frankly, had only recently learned of Naturals’ dispositions and rituals towards unions, presuming some portion of the latter would be altered, transformed, into whatever they required.
i rule the stars, not the other way around
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
LILY
oh, cover your crystal eyes
and let your colors bleed and blend with mine

She is the last to arrive, moving more slowly than she usually does, but hell bent on showing up, despite her exhaustion and trembling hands (that misstep on those piano keys and write jagged, unkempt notes instead of beautiful, dainty lines) and general feeling of irritability that has replaced the feeling of hopelessness.

For Rexanna, though, she would do quite a lot. After all, she lured the woman into an orgy. How does one begin to repay that kind of assistance?

Though three of them haven’t seen her in awhile and the fourth, a complete stranger who’s never met her at all, the difference in the ‘before’ and ‘after’ in Lily’s blight progression might be striking. Where she was luminously white, she is now a sickly pale, dark circles under green eyes that still flash - but no longer with delight (it’s anger, now, often uncontrollable - just ask the many shattered tea cups on her hearth). She’s lost weight; a bountiful chest still rises from her waist, but the frame on which is hangs seems less welcoming, less curvaceous, less filled with light. The fire that once lived in the entertainer’s wreath of thick, red hair is dim and flickering dangerously in the blight-wind. She is half of what she used to be.

Yet she is here, wrapped though she is in what seems like layers upon layers.

The redhead slips into the house, catching Remi’s imitation of Bastien and manages a chuckle. How he scored Rex would forever be a mystery. Stepping up to Deimos’s side, she reaches out to touch the mountain of a man at the elbow and offers a small, quiet smile. She says nothing, but her presence as the warrior asks what needs to be done should say enough.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
he told me i was holy
The first to arrive, surprises the Penumbra slightly, as he enters, but she still stands to give him a bright grin in greeting. “I’m glad you came!” She tells him with a slight air of enthusiasm as she pushes aside a bit of the fabric, uncertain of where to start but knowing that something should at least be done today. He nears closer, asking for help, and Rexanna’s attention is slipped away by Remi who enters the room next.

She wonders if the alchemist has ever been to her home before, but pushes it aside seeing as it likely wouldn’t be her home for much longer. A wide fanged smile crosses her lips at the wine, and she moves toward Remi to give him a light hug of acceptance. “Doesn’t taste the same, but I miss it so.” She says with a light chuckle, eyeing the two men briefly – having realized it might have been awkward… But ah, past was the past.

Remi turns to the fabrics right before offering one of her favorite things and she clasps her hands together with a light chuckle. “Drooping neckline, hmm?” She jests, before her sapphire eyes spot Deimos next – ever the quiet type, she offers him a gentle greeting of hello as well, waiting until everyone shows and making sure there’s enough room for them all. “There is much to be done.” She answers simply, edging a quiet smirk Deimos’ way – never in a million years would she have imagined Deimos to be one to help plan it. Yet here he was, here they all were – her and her friends, especially as Lily slips in.

She appears sick, and yet Rexanna still slips up beside Lily to press a light kiss to her cheek in greeting. “I’m glad you’re here.” She says lightly, until her eyes turn back to the group and she regains the head of the room while drinks are spread around. Where even to start?

Thank you, first of all, for coming to help.” She offers with a light huff of laughter before she drags fabric over her lap. “So, it’s not my first wedding but definitely my first time planning it. I have a few things that I think we can get accomplished? To start, I’ll need ring boxes… I don’t know what the rings look like yet, but Deimos do you think you could handle that, seeing as you made Remi’s beautiful set?” She looks to the Reaper then with a small smile.

Turning her eyes toward Lily, she smiles brightly – hoping some might reflect in the beautiful woman’s mood. “Lily, would you be willing to figure out what flowers and items might make for a beautiful bouquet?” She asks, shifting her eyes toward Loren next. “This one is mostly for the reception, but ah, as Ascended you know we don’t really eat, but everyone else might be hungry – could you figure out a list of food and drinks we should have?

Finally, her gaze lands on Remi and she reaches out to grasp his hand gently. “And you my friend, are in charge of helping me with this dress.” She gives him a playful wink, figuring his creation and transmutation – far better than her own – are better suited to it. But a thought hits her then, and she looks to them all with a soft smile. "Theme is winter, so think snow –" Eyes shift to Deimos when she says it before shifting toward everyone else again. "– Luxere, moonlight, paint, and gold?" She hums thoughtfully.

Round one tasks:
Deimos - Designing/Creating the ring boxes!
Lily - Figuring out flowers for the bouquet that fit the theme, that they can get in Deepfrost!
Loren - Food and drinks for reception!
Remi - Figuring out fabrics and Rex's measurements for the dress!

No post order <3 feel free to PP Rex if you need to! Also PM me if you have any questions!
REXANNA
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Rexanna’s greeting allowed Loren to relax. It was a good thing too, because the next arrival was Remi; the Launceleyn tensed for the panic he was sure to come, but all that followed a dull ache. It was bad enough, but could have been way worse. Seemed like they were maybe going to be fine here, today at least. It helped that the Launceleyn could set aside a lot in pursuit of a common goal. When the alchemist requested that the librarian do the honors with the wine, however, he raised an eyebrow.

Still, he made a bottle opener and opened the first bottle. Then he made two cups—one for Remi and one for Rexanna—and poured a glass for the alchemist, which he handed over. Turning to Rexanna, Loren held up the bottle. ”I know it’s not the same, but did you want some anyway?” Maybe that was the wrong thing to ask, but he was new to all this. As the alchemist commented that Rexanna had way too much fabric there (she was beautiful, and needed just enough to accentuate that), Loren added, much more quietly, ”He’re right, you know.”

Deimos showed up, and Loren nodded his own greeting to the warrior. ”Deimos.” The final arrival was unknown to the summoner, and so he made his way over to the tall redhead and held out his hand in greeting. ”Hi, I’m Loren. I don’t think we’ve had the pleasure of meeting.” Or at least, he hoped not: the last thing he wanted was to disturb Rexanna’s gathering with his personal drama. He created and poured more glasses for the two latest arrivals, then glanced around to find a spot to put the bottle where it wouldn’t be in the way. Once he found one, he set it there, hoping no one would notice he had avoided making himself a glass. Loren’s tolerance was shot and he definitely didn’t want to risk getting even a little tipsy here.

Rexanna gave them their marching orders, and he nodded. ”Do you have a place for the reception?” Although Loren has some ideas about that, he was sure Rexanna and Bastien had spoken about it already. Next, he scrambled around in the cheerful chaos to find a blank piece of paper and something to write with. Hopefully she won’t mind him pilfering her supplies for a task she gave him. Items secured, he retreats to a corner to think about what to serve people.

It’s a wedding during Deepfrost, which would unfortunately limit their options, because even early in the season they could only draw upon what they had in the stores. However, given how cold it would be—for everyone except for the Ascended, at least—Loren figured both hot and hearty food and drinks would be appreciated. He just needed to figure out something that would fit the theme of winter, and the sub themes of Luxere, moonlight, paint and gold. Not knowing exactly what Rexanna liked or wanted was tough. Then the summoner remembered that she probably didn’t care, given that she wouldn’t be partaking in any of it. As long as the guests were happy, she’d hopefully be happy with it.

So then he thought about what made people happy at weddings. Except he’d never really enjoyed them, finding them stuffy and staid affairs with not nearly enough joy. So he just thought about what would make him happy. And what would be feasible for a wedding reception when they had limited resources due to the season.

Drinks would be easier to come up with: he immediately wrote down mulled cider and mulled wine, which he knew people would appreciate and were seasonally appropriate. Then he tapped a finger on the table as he thought for a while. Finally, an idea came to him. It was a bad idea, but better than nothing: soup. So he wrote down every soup he could think of. Tomato soup, chicken soup, onion soup, beef stew, beet soup, golden soup and more, everything that sprang to mind. He left some space under that for more ideas, because he knew his wasn’t great, and wrote close to the bottom moon cake with a question mark next to it.

Then underneath that he added a postscript: ‘I know soup isn’t fancy enough and might be a bit messy, but I thought it was vaguely paintlike, especially if we get enough colors, and it’s definitely seasonally appropriate. Will change if you hate.’

Below that came a post-postscript: ‘I don’t know what flavor of cake you wanted, but we could decorate it like the moon. Or maybe lots of different little cakes that are different phases of the moon and each phase is a different flavor?’

Nothing was springing to mind for either Luxere (he thought venison would be tasteless) or golden, so the Launceleyn just stood in his corner staring at his page, willing his useless brain to supply something. Besides, he figured Remi would remain in the center helping with the dress, so for everyone’s sake the librarian would give the alchemist as wide a berth as possible given they were remaining in the same room. If Rexanna asked, however, the summoner would silently show her his list.
LOREN
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
He hadn’t been the last to arrive – the touch at his elbow indicating Lily’s presence, turning his head to glance down upon her, the softer edges of a smile clinging to his features, muffled slightly by the descent of his brows at her appearance. She’d been altered since the last time he’d seen her. Something seemed off, and he was instantly reminded of Ronin, of Kiada, of the illness presiding along their kingdom, not withholding his breath, but it sharpened on an inhale, an exhale, tucked in his chest. “You all right?” The Sword’s voice was a whisper, not intending to attract unwanted attention amongst the others in the group, concern and consternation coiling in the depths of his stare, a tilt of his cranium, incapable of doing anything else once more.

Useless. He was useless.

Rexanna’s directions and smirk made him rivet his attention, focusing it back on the planning of weddings, gatherings, and nuptials. Since his previous experience in handling ring boxes had gone off well (a christening of Remi and Ronin’s), he was given the same task. He folded his arms and snickered back at her, taking the compliment without a snort, roaming around until he found a table and chair to settle himself along, and concentrate on his efforts.

He caught the theme - winter - and was sent straight back into the mountains, eternally woven into his movements, motions, and machinations – hardly a moment where the summits weren’t in his thoughts. The beast mulled over the possibilities for an instant before the notions came to him over their own accord. The first was Bastien’s – completely contorted in onyx, a deep, deep black like a Stygian surface, like shadows in the dusk, like hollows in the abyss, until there were speckles of gold surrounding the dusky plain. They were spread out in waves, random like drops of paint on canvas. Rexanna’s was embossed in ivory, then contorted with peaks in the background, surrounded by eaves and fog, like bewitching, alluring, enticing prominences to climb. Then he hastened the same spattering of gold as Bastien’s, luminescent on the horizon, so they were a set of black and white, individual and connected all the same.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
this is the start, even if we don't know where we are
For all of Remi's strength, he appears all the more youthful next to the older and larger Deimos. Still, the alchemist flashes his fellow-creator a grin. "You are going to have quite the reputation for wedding-helper, you know." The alchemist notes with a mischievous tilt of his head. The sight of Lily makes his breath catch. Wanting nothing more than to go to her, drape her in yet more blankets and ask how she is, he has seen the effects of the blight for long enough now to know that it is pointless. No amount of layers will soothe the shiver in her bones, and he already knows the answer to whatever question he might ask. How is she? Terrible. Dying. Can he do anything? Of course not. No one can. Instead, if he can, he'll flash her an understanding smile, sadness in his shattered stare.

Pulling Rexanna close, the alchemist laughs into her hair. Briefly, there is a flicker of remembered passion, of the way her eyes too terribly blue had looked up at him and how every cell in his body had cried out for her in response. "Drooping? Ahh no cara." He continues with a chuckle. "Plunging." Remi answers with a wink, before turning his gaze towards Loren. Something in his agreement...strikes the alchemist as odd, though he can't quite figure out why. With a delayed hum of agreement.

Remi can't help but snort as Deimos is once again given the task of ring boxes. Not because the creator didn't go above and beyond the first time, but because he seemed so bothered by the task of delicate creation when Remi had asked it of him. "Sorry." He mouthed to Deimos, looking anything but.

With eyes sparkling, the alchemist raises Rexanna's hands to his lips and kisses them lightly. "Paint, mmm? Perhaps Bastien might use you as a canvas instead, and we can leave all this fabric for the guests to walk on across the snow." He suggested, only half-joking.

Sipping at his wine, the alchemist would force the bride-to-be into a number of completely absurd and unhelpful poses. Even so, his eyes lingered on her playfully rather than sensually as she moved and arched and flexed. Close as they were, without her intoxicating bite thrumming through his system, it was all too easy to simply view her as a beautiful woman rather than an object of desire. "Alright, alright." He said, rising. In so doing, he stepped up behind Rex. With fingers featherlight and soft, he trailed a hand down an arm, and before them a mannequin appeared and began to take form. With every soft gesture of fingertips on skin, Rexanna's curves and tones in perfect clarity were reproduced before them. Moving to cup Rex's face in his palms, he gave her a sappy and far-too adoring smile. "I am so happy for you." He whispered, before committing her face to memory such that it appeared easily on the mannequin.

Stepping back, Remi tossed a scrap of fabric towards the mannequin. It twirled in the air, flowing onto her shoulders to cover up her more modest assets in a loose 'V' shape and leaving the rest of 'rex' naked. "I think that is about done, what about you? "

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LILY

She is grateful that none of them point out the obvious; it’s just enough for Deimos to ask and for everyone else to ignore it, though they all probably know what’s going on. There’s a sad smile from Remi and a stiff upper lip from Rex. This is her show, after all, so Lily gives her a hug (disappointed that she can’t seem to sap any warmth from the newly Ascended woman) and a quiet “Me too,” before the bride-to-be jaunts off again. “Not really,” she replies low and brusquely to Deimos, neither kind nor unkind, more of an we aren’t here to talk about this kind of thing.

Flowers? A easy enough task. Perhaps given because it doesn’t take much doing, just a general knowledge of pretty things and where to find them (there’s at least one in this room, two if you go for the sickly, pale look, and five if you’re bi heyyooo). She nods and sets to her task, for a moment able to remember the place to find holly and its berries, ranuculus, the cold-bearing camellias, and - and - and FUCK this is stupid, who wants FLOWERS in WINTER?!?

Lily laughs, a harsh, brittle sound that no one here has ever heard come out of her mouth. And it’s petty, holy fuck is it petty, but just the idea of going out and searching for pretty things in the cold makes the redhead angry. “I can barely keep warm and you want me to figure out what’s still alive out there?” She throws a look to the cavorting, apparently carefree Remi, absolutely blameless in this (they’re all innocent), but the necessary victim of her ire. “Mr. Magician here can do all kinds of shit, can’t he just conjure up a mini golden luxere to fucking prance down the aisle in front of you? Would that do?”

She sneers. There's more venom behind her teeth and it's all just dying to come out. Give her a reason, someone please, give her a goddamn reason.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
he told me i was holy
She nods to Loren in response, taking a glass with a bright grin as they all filter in. But the question he poises to her, she hadn’t quite thought of. She had just imagined the night would remain in the Fields, but ah, that was probably a terrible idea considering only her and Bastien who were certainly attending, couldn’t feel any of the cold. She gives him a thoughtful look before shaking her head. “Haven’t thought about it much, but if you have a place in mind I’m all ears.” She tells him easily with a bright smile again. Then Remi is pulling her in, and she hums her own laughter into him as well as she embraces him gently, remembering the night but not commenting on it as he pulls away. “Oh I love plunging, you know that.” She jests in response, winking in return.

She dishes out the tasks, setting the glass to the side, as she focuses on Remi as he lifts her hands to his lips and kisses them gently, another hum of laughter toward him. “How do you know he hasn’t already?” She asks him quietly, a hushed tone of secrets that she can’t help but to make. She’s thankful everyone else is working on their tasks, as Remi makes her move in varying poses that are decidedly not helpful, but she obliges anyway with a hum of laughter.

Soon enough, she finds a mannequin taking form before Remi cups her head in his hands and the softness of those soft eyes of his almost makes her want to choke up. “You’re basically the matchmaker you know.” She says softly to him in response, taking the thanks and tucking it deep within as she smiles softly. She watches the fabric form and hums a quiet amount of laughter at the view with a shrug. “My, how daring.” She tells him before she’s cut off at Lily’s outburst.

Her dark head swivels toward Lily with a slightly raised brow, yet she doesn’t take it to heart. It takes a lot more to get under Rexanna’s skin, and she finds it a rather up front anger instead of the barbs Lily might be wishing them to be. She slides away from Remi, then, to approach Lily with soft eyes and a steady hand. “Lily, you don’t have to go outside… But we can have you do something else if you want? What about the jewelry?” She asks, eyes drifting toward Loren with a slightly raised brow, as if to ask if he can take the mantel on the flower task, before she steps away from the red haired woman to her jewelry box, setting it on the table before the entertainer. Full of a variety of jewels, Lily might be able to find something to sate her temper here.

She slides over to Loren, next, to view the food. “Ooh! Loving this.” She tells the librarian with a bright smile and cheer. “Could you help with the flowers?” She asks, finding that all the food and drinks were good on the list, and the note within his list striking a small amount of familiarity within her. Her head tilts toward Deimos now, slipping away from Loren to view the boxes with a bright smile, reaching out to squeeze him on the shoulder. “Those look wonderful.” She tells him quietly. “Do you think you could convince Amalia to help with the cake? Maybe bring back some samples?” She winks, before she slides back to Remi to continue piecing out fabric.

Deimos: RING BOXES LOOK GREAT! Since you have an in with the baker, can you chat with Ama and see what kind of cake might work?
Remi: scandalously trend setting, let’s add a base to it ;D
Loren: LOVELY. Can you help with the flower situation? :D
Lily: Hoping she doesn’t bite rex’s head off, but MAYBE JEWELRY WILL FIT BETTER?
REXANNA
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Glancing around at the group, Loren wondered whether voicing his idea aloud was a good idea. However, he didn’t know if he’d get another chance. ”Well... people might not love the idea, or want to go, so please feel free to tell me no, but there’s always the Manor.” His eyes watched Remi warily, wondering how the other man would feel about the suggestion.

At the red-headed woman’s outburst—Lily, he reminded himself firmly—the summoner turned to look at her, task completely forgotten. Perhaps, out of some ill-advised notion that Remi and Rexanna didn’t deserve such taunts from someone who was supposedly the Ascended’s friend, he found his mouth opening to divert Lily’s attention. Luckily for them all, Rexanna beat him to it, and he bit back a retort. Apparently he would just have to trust that the bride-to-be knew how to handle her friend. Still, the tension still lingered in the air, and he bit his lip, hoping that was the last of it. However, he kept a wary eye on Lily as Rexanna came over to inspect his list.

Which she, amazingly, approved of: he gave her a quick smile and a nod at her request. ”I’d be happy to.” Much more quietly, he added, ”I actually might be able to summon a luxere, if that interests you.” Even though flowers, especially for a wedding, were not exactly his strong suit, he’d do his best. It was better that he muddle through it than give Lily another chance to complain. This was supposed to be a joyous occasion, and even though he had just met Rexanna, he wanted everything to be perfect for her. Once upon a time, he’d been a farmer, so maybe he could dredge up some half-forgotten plant lore from the depths of his mind. Stranger things had happened, including his very presence here.

Flipping the list with the food over, he stared at the blank page for a very long time. Then, slowly, in an uncertain hand, he wrote ‘winter jasmine?’ The name was vaguely familiar, but for the life of him he couldn’t recall exactly what the flower actually looked like. All he remembered was yellow, which at least fit with the golden theme, or at least close enough. Then, under it he wrote, ‘mistletoe? not a flower.’ Then, he just stared blankly at the nearly empty page.
LOREN
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Remi’s jocular tone and insinuation of becoming some reputable wedding helper almost gave him claws of apprehension, like chills down his back, a frightening notion that he’d lost all intimidating factions, and he’d suddenly be the one everyone called and asked for to design and orchestrate nuptial conjectures and nuances. Some of the grimace might’ve yielded to his features, so disturbing and quasi-amusing that even the nonchalant Sword was incapable of masking the sentiments – not uttering a word, too haunted and horrified by the possibilities. The mouthed sorry didn’t help matters, and he nearly hung his head, wishing he could simply canvas the world in steel and iron again.

He probably shouldn’t have asked Lily – had known better from experiences with Kiada and Ronin that the blight had situated itself inside her, pouring through veins and tissues, a muffled sigh coiling its way through his chest as reality simmered and sunk in again. He couldn’t do anything for her either. The reign of uselessness remained steadily in effect, bordering on malicious as he found himself incapable of answers, of efforts leading to successful results. Even her rage bordered on the ridiculous, and he watched from his area as she fired fury out of naught, because blight seethed and she would in turn, his eyes narrowed briefly at her insinuations, lifting his head to watch Rexanna, to offer his services (even if they were meager in efforts of flowers – he’d likely bring back some weeds or dead, wilted brambles of some kind). The Penumbra had it handled though, straight back into Thief days, granting Lily another task.

The frown he’d held, the taut lines of detachment appearing again, only lingered briefly when Rexanna approached, surveying the boxes he’d created, a quiet consideration with bright adornments, a squeeze of his shoulder. His next task was mostly imparted upon the baker, and he lifted the corners of his mouth in steady amusement, before nodding and making his way out her home, and down the road to the bakery.

Amalia’s selfless intervals were made all the more apparent (and the Sword’s ineffectual methods shown clear as day, though he did mix several batters after getting in her way multiple times) as she applied herself to winter-themed designs on several different cakes, small, petite little squares he could carry back (after eating several, admonished for his efforts, and then being tempted to do it again). He arrived after several hours, a tray firmly tucked between calloused palms, setting the samples down on a table, several of each scheme and model still somehow available even after his taste-testing. One was neatly adorned in ivory frosting and silver-etched snowflakes, compliments of the season, the flavoring combined in vanilla and lavender. Another was red-velvet, matching accord of roses blooming along the sides and intertwining across the top, a third displaying marble cake with argent icing, delicately laced. The last was pure, death-by-chocolate, but neatly constructed with stars floating on the top, golden and speckled.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
LILY

Much like a child, the woman who enjoys beautiful things (and beautiful people) is momentarily soothed by a quiet voice and soft touch until she is effectively distracted by the shiny, sparkly bits with a sniff and a slightly sulky “Ok.” She accepts the redirection. At another time, Lily would have been first out the door to scout for flowers and winter plants, would have drunk wine with Remi and rejoiced in her friend’s upcoming nuptials. Because yes, Loren, Rexanna is her friend… you can tell because too often we hurt the ones we love the most.

A flush of embarrassment runs up her neck, after she stares at the jewelry box for a minute, the rage falling back (for now). They are all kind enough to keep quiet about her outburst, and for that, Lily is grateful. By now she knows it’s not her fault, it’s the blight, but it doesn’t keep her from feeling ashamed about her emotional tourettes, because she is, after all, still a product of a society that says hysterical women should be locked away, that manners and breeding are still paramount. Manners she normally has - breeding she does not, and there is still a part of Lily which, like balancing on the edge of a high edifice, fears the fall.

She reaches out with a trembling hand for the pieces, extravagant and simple alike, then takes a quick peek over her shoulder to see what Remi’s been working on. It’s more mannequin than fabric, so with a squint into the box, she chooses two long necklaces and holds them up, closing one eye and then the other in order to see which might match best. Neither of them are to her liking, so she takes the whole jewelry box in one and systematically begins to go through it all while Remi works and adds or detracts.

Until at some point, she drops the box. Her hands just aren’t steady enough, or she turns too quickly, or something else distracts her. It falls to the ground and sends Rex’s pretty things skittering across the ground. Though nothing is broken (she doesn’t think anything is), the sound and the looks it surely draws set her lip trembling, until it begins to curl again the tell-tale signs of blight!rage begin to resurface.