for Lily!
Richard Brandle
Thief / Conman

Age: 34 | Height: 6’0” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 7 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

Rick had set out a trap two days ago for a deer. He wasn’t exactly much of a hunter, so it wasn’t the best trap, but a trap nonetheless. Since then, he had been surviving on rabbits and squirrels and whatever the hells else he could track down and catch without issue.

With his bow in his hand, he walked through the snow, guided only by the light of stars overhead, grumbling quietly to himself. The man much preferred warm weather. His sun-kissed, bronze skin had lost the sun-kissed aspect of it sometime in leafchange, and his point-of-pride hair had lost its luxurious volume. How tedious it was to take care of himself the way he used to without people to get him the supplies. The spoiled thief was accustomed to a certain way of living and this definitely was not the way.

He approached the trap, and finally, a smile appeared on his face. A decent sized doe was caught in the snare. He would be feasting tonight!

Lily

RICHARD
laugh with many, don’t trust any
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LILY
When the man approaches her prize, Lily screams in rage, a frightful, ear-splitting sound that was more animal than woman at this point. It rips through her precious vocal chords with wild abandon, but the red head had found the trapped doe only a few minutes before and was just about to break its neck when footsteps in the snow sent her skittering behind a tree. She’s scared of the stranger, but also fucking hungry.

Hangry women are bad. But hangry Blight!women are furies incarnate.

Black eyes surrounded by a pale, dirty face poke out from behind the bare tree. Her face is still contorted into the shape of a scream, teeth bared and stance predatory. That is her deer. Her dinner. The force of her scream brings blood to her nose, dripping its black, tarry goo down her upper lip. After her face comes half her body - wrapped in filthy clothes, but she is wearing more than half her blighted compatriots. Lily’s nails, once impeccably clean and tidy (all the better to play the piano with) are now ragged and torn, digging into the tree’s bark as if they were talons.

Mine. she says, the threat of violence heavy in her voice.
don't know if you love me or you want me dead
the way you're looking through my eyes
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive
Richard Brandle
Thief / Conman

Age: 34 | Height: 6’0” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 7 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

A blood-curdling scream halts him in place, eyes wide and head swiveling to try to spot who or what was emitting that awful sound. It spooks the deer as much as it does him, but luckily, the deer isn’t going anywhere, unable to free itself from his trap, despite how shabbily it was constructed.

Richard’s brows draw together in confusion and near-repulsion at what can only be described as a feral woman comes into view, black dripping from her nose and covering whatever color her eyes might have been before.

His disgust is far from hidden from her, but he doesn’t exactly think she gives a shit, or even could if she tried to. One thing is for sure...

“Fuck you!” He spits back at her claim to the deer. “My trap, my dinner!”

Lily

RICHARD
laugh with many, don’t trust any
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LILY
What kind of asshole takes food from an obviously fucked up, half-banshee woman in the forest? Like, go find another deer, man. Let the crazy lady have this one.

But no, Richard insists on challenging her, and though Lily is smaller than him and likely weaker, she doesn’t have the reasoning capacity to worry about those differences. In fact, she worries about nothing, except that she hasn’t eaten. Hunger gnaws at every part of her; the fact that the deer is still alive is forgotten - it isn’t going anywhere - as the redhead snarls back at the man and crouches down, clearly ready to fight him for it. She has no words for him, the part that might have argued for sharing, or pulling the ‘female card’ lost to the black sludge in her body. Like an animal, she crouches down on all fours, weight in her back legs, but using her arms to keep her at the ready.

She has no weapons, nothing to fight with other than her bare hands and blight!rage strength.

The deer frantically tries to loose itself again, feeling the tension in the air and trying to take advantage of the predators (mutual?) distractions.
don't know if you love me or you want me dead
the way you're looking through my eyes
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive