Momma's Hem
The Voice Shrine Post
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
I pray to blades of grass
To find forgiveness in the weeds

Sam was having a crisis of faith.

He was not at all unused to having crises, usually having one as soon as he woke up and several throughout each day. But this one was different. It consumed him. The knowledge that he had helped to spread the blight, that The Voice had let him do so and had only told him after the fact. It was hard to believe that it would all turn out for the better when it had gotten so bad.

Sam had not yet seen Ronin in his blighted state, did not care to, but the knowledge his friend could die because of him was enough to send him into cold sweats.

Then Roana...he was in danger now, and he knew it. Why had The Voice made him and the other Ascended do her dirty work, let her children take on the punishment for her plan? It was hard to feel love for a mother who would so willingly throw him into this sort of danger. It reminded him of his actual mother.

Walking down to the shrine in the underground, he was almost catatonically calm. Coming to the statue he sat, staring ahead for a moment before speaking. "I know I speak to you a lot, and...it is likely annoying. I'm not independant, like Wessex. I think too much. But...please...I need to know why all this has happened. With The Blight...I...can't handle the guilt. I can't hurt all those people." He shook his head, tears prickling at the back of his eyes.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Trust...

The word is an electrical impulse riveting through Sam's body. To trust is to be strong, to be bright, to be unstoppable.

Reassurance only leads to reluctance and requirement..to indecision and worry. Precisely the place Sam was now. It was in himself and in the Voice, that he needed to trust.

And so while the Shrine would open to him to feed, he would remain alone with his thoughts and doubts; free to cast them down now, or carry them back with him.