the barriers in your mind [open]
Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Age: 27 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Asavvi Kouris
I'll use you as a warning sign
She'd woken up in a field. On its own that fact didn't seem all to outlandish, but given that Asavvi had no recollection of how she had gotten there was definite cause for alarm. On her back in the grass she’d looked up at the dull grey sky and for a moment wondered if this was a dream. No, she’d thought, if this was a dream there wouldn’t a stone digging into my back. She sat up slowly bringing a hand up to rub the sleep from her eyes and peered out over the grassy expanse. There was no one, at least that she could see, and nothing she recognized. Even the vegetation itself was unfamiliar; a far cry from the semiarid desert terrain of her home.  

Home… "Nizho?" The murmur came off her lips and the first real threads of panic started to thrum in her mind. She stood, turning quickly on the spot to look around her again, but nothing had changed, there was no memory that came flooding in to explain where she was or why she seemed to be so very far from anything she knew. The gap was what alarmed her most, the total lack of elapsed time. She’d been working, it seemed, just hanging a length of freshly dyed cloth up to dry, she remembered so clearly reaching up to drape the cloth over the bar and then—nothing, she’d just woken up here. Asavvi’s eyes darted down to her hands and found the tips of her fingers still stained deep blue, she even still had on the same grey dress and stained white apron. "Nizho!" She shouted it this time, and then listened as only silence came back to her. Foolish, she thought, to think that even in this strange place he'd still be within shouting distance. We can't be tethered forever.

The blue on her fingers gave her a clue at least, this kind had always faded from her skin within days so she couldn’t be missing that much time, a day at the most and that thought seemed a comfort for a brief moment but it did little to settle the confusion. She closed her eyes tight and drew in a deep breath, pushing the panic away and reaching for calm; she needed to be calm. Not for the first time she wished she could have been more like her siblings, like her parents. None of them would have been scared, Castor would have laughed and jumped into the ‘adventure’ of it. Asavvi? She could only try and think about what to do next.

So she’d walked. It was the only thing to do really. There had to be something somewhere, she reasoned, so with no settlements in sight she’d picked a direction and stuck to it. The field seemed to stretch on for a ways but where it ended had her slowing. The transition from grass to a seemingly barren swath of land seem unnaturally abrupt and Asavvi hesitated at the divide, and altered her course to walk alongside the shift rather tan crossing over it. There was something unsettling about the place, she knew, but she found herself unable to focus enough to figure out why that was. The headache had come up on her quickly and she groaned before sinking down in the sparse grass again. She cradled her head in her hands telling herself to just think but the pressure in her temples was pounding to much for her to make sense of anything properly.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.
I can be used as a bad example

{I feel like our table quotes fit together PERFECTLY}

Yes Edy was new here too, but even she fucking new not to get near the weird-ass bubble that was keeping them all nice and cozy inside this shit-hole of a place. And so as she spied the (rather attractive) brunette suddenly plop herself down onto the spare grass, the teenager gave a grunt of disapproval. Looking over at Bobi (who was not looking up at her), Edy made some disgustingly cute cooing sound low down in her throat and grinned at the bobcat kitten. "Maybe that bitch will die and you can have some fresh meat, hmmm?" Edy purred sweetly at the kitten who had absolutely no fucks to give it seemed.

Humming to herself, Edy skirted a tad closer, already feeling the weird magnetic resonance in her bones. Seriously, how did that broad not notice the feeling before? Or if she had, what the fuck made her think getting closer was the right thing to do? Fuck sakes.

"EY." Edrei called loudly, her youthful and animated voice carrying easily. At her shout, the small kitten at her side jumped and tensed, tufted ears pinning backwards. "I know there's no keep out sign, but it's probably best you don't fucking sit there if you want to keep your guts on the inside of your body." Halting, Edy crossed her arms and raised a brow. The angular contours of her face made her unimpressed expression look all the more severe, but really, Edy never took much seriously.

If this broad wanted to sit and slowly have her skin peel off, she was welcome to it.

Asavvi

Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Age: 27 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Asavvi Kouris
{lol you're right, they totally do! obvs it's meant to be}

Asavvi almost didn’t hear the shout. The pressure in her head had turned to a ringing that made her want to vomit or lie down, but it hurt too much to decide on either. Still, there was a voice  saying something about signs and guts and there was a part of Asavvi that wanted to tell whoever it was to shut up because noise. She looked up, eyes a little unfocused as her brain caught up and registered that ‘Oh, a person. I was looking for one of those.’

She forced herself to her feet, swaying through the sudden rush of dizziness. The headache had spread, leeching down into her whole body a mixture of fatigue and violent energy. Don’t sit there, the girl had said, and Asavvi’s mind grasped on that because that much should have been obvious. Move! urged her rather delayed sense of self preservation and she finally began to obey.

Every step she took was a little unsteady but it seemed that as she moved away from the edge of the barren stretch her head felt a little clearer. She stopped when she neared the stranger, trying to hold herself like she wasn’t about to fall over. “Sorry,” She started, still struggling to orient herself. She glanced back toward where she had been sitting and then at the girl before starting again “I’m not sure what’s—Sorry, my head’s a little--“ she lifted a hand to weakly gesture at her head like that could offer some sort of reasonable explanation for why sentences didn’t seem to be coming to her. “I’m sorry, I not sure… where I am.” There, that seemed to be the root of the trouble at least.

Edrei
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

For a girl who had decided to lay down next to what was basically a magnet for your brain, she listened surprisingly well. If Edy had any money she would have put a hefty sum on the girl just laying down and giving up on life; that seemed to be what she was headed for. And so as she roused herself, Edy frowned and nodded slightly impressed.

As she neared, Edy recoiled a bit as if her idiocy might be catching, but then relaxed. At her side Bobi looked up at the newcomer, decided she still had very few fucks to give, and flounced off to do whatever baby bobcats did when they were bored. "Hey, no apologies needed. You want to fuck yourself up, be my guest."

Anyone with even a kernel of empathy might have offered to help steady the girl and offer reassuring words. Edy did extend her arms to do just that, but not out of any squishy desire to be altruistic. Asavvi looked like she was hard and soft in all the right places, and Edy was not above using her situation to feel for herself whether that was true. Whether or not the girl would accept her outstretched arms and use the former-soldier for balance, Edy would offer a half-hearted chuckle.

"Where you are?" The teenager trilled, rolling her dark eyes and shaking her head. "You m'dear have found yourself in lovely shitsville. You've already discovered the bubble, aka the weird bullshit sphere keeping us all in here." With a much more patient sigh, Edy tried again. "Lemme guess. You were doing your own thing, and then found yourself here, yeah? Memory a little hazy? Hard to remember what exactly happened?" Rolling her shoulders and twitching her lips, Edy raised her eyebrows in an effort to communicate that the same basically happened to her as well.

Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Change author:
Asavvi Kouris
It was difficult at any time for Asavvi to realize that she might not make a decent first impression, and more so at a time when she felt vulnerable. To try and present her usual calm and capable face when she’d apparently just woken up who knows where and had her brain half melted by who knows what was never going to be a realistic possibility but let it never be said that she didn’t damn well try.

The kitten was just another item on the list of slightly surreal things that Asavvi wasn’t quite ready to deal with yet and so as it slunk off Asavvi refocused on Edrei. The dark-skinned girl was loud and vibrant in a way that only served to make Asavvi feel a little more unbalanced. When arms reached out she shied away a little on instinct, but that threw her equilibrium backwards and she ended up aving to save herself from tipping straight back but latching her right hand onto the woman’s forearm.

Still holding on, Asavvi watched the wild woman speak, expression intent but still wary. Shitsville, bubble, sphere. None of it really made any sense and a long list of follow-up questions were already forming in her mind before Edrei changed tack and tried again. She sucked in a breath at the description, accurate as it was, and tried to feel a little bit consoled at the fact they her situation wasn’t about to sound like the ravings of a madman, but that was hard when the phrase ‘keeping us all in here’ was repeating in her mind like a siren.

“Yes!” she exhaled a relieved little sigh and squeezed lightly where her hand still gripped. This served to remind Asavvi that she was still clutching at a stranger and she glanced down a little self-consciously before withdrawing her hand. “Um. Yes, that’s it.” She started again, making a frankly herculean effort to focus on learning how to solve her problem and not on how horrifically fucked she apparently was. Lost and alone and exhausted and worried and without her family or any supplies or a way home “Is--is that something that happens often?” She flicks a wary eye at the edge of the sphere. “What exactly do you mean by bubble? How big is this place?”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

As Asavvi tilted backwards, Edy watched with amusement making almost no effort to try and stifle the movement. That said, as the girl's arm reached out to clasp her own, Edy's strong limbs were more than ready to serve as the balancing-beam the pretty-girl needed.

"Mmhmm." Edy cooed gently, trying to snake an arm around Asavvi's waist even as the girl retracted her own. For balance of course. If she pulled away entirely, that was fine.

For a moment Edy didn't quite understand Asavvi's question. Did what happen often? The random being portalled here? How the fuck was she supposed to know tha-

-oh.

"Yeah, apparently. If you get even closer or linger even longer I'm pretty sure you get all sorts of fucked up." Then, not wanting to mince words, she added. "aka you die." The second question just received a roll of Edy's shoulders and a look of casual annoyance. "By bubble I mean bubble." She began with a wolfish grin, winking at her teenaged-counterpart. "It's just this thing covering everything. Bubble seemed like as good a word as any to describe it. And no, as it turns out I forgot my measuring tape at home when my ass was zapped here." Though her words themselves might have been curt, her expression and tone of voice was amused. "But I dunno, big enough for there to be a whole civilization of people living in here. Then again.." Looking up slightly at Asavvi, as the girl was a few inches taller, Edy all but scowled. "Not big enough I feel like living my whole life inside of a fucking bubble."

Trying to either drag Asavvi away if Edy's arm was still around her, or just lead by example, the teenager began moving even farther away from the barrier. "So you come here with anyone?"

Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Change author:
Asavvi Kouris
It was honestly a bit baffling how smoothly Edrei maneuvered to settle her arm around Asavvi’s waist. She had moved in with a level of fluidity that clearly conveyed that she didn’t mind a stranger hanging onto her for support, and though Asavvi stiffened, she didn’t pull away. It might have occurred to her to be wary of cozying up to literally the first person she’d met after being portaled to gods only knew where but as the that person seemed to have to qualm in answering her questions, Asavvi wasn’t inclined to cut off her only source of information.

She absorbed the explanation of the bubble, and felt her heart sink a little bit. Though her rescuer seemed to be a bit cavalier about having the whole situation, it seemed that if there had been an obvious way to reverse the process that Edy might have done just that. Asavvi wouldn’t dwell just yet on that fact that that didn’t bode well for her own chances of getting home anytime soon. Her eyes were grave at that, and her lips pursed in a careful frown. “No I don’t think I’d like that either.”

As they began to walk she thought again of pulling away, but that also seemed extremely rude (given that apparently Edy had just saved her from a horrible death) so Asavvi only folded her arms to clutch at her own elbows and fell into step beside the girl as they moved away from the barrier. “No. At least there was no one here when I woke up. But my brothers and sister were all in the house, at least the last I remember, do you think it’s possible that whatever pulled me her pulled them too>” She paused, not sure whether or not she should be hoping for just that.

“I suppose I ought to thank you. My head was pounding so much I don’t think it would have occurred to me to move if you hadn’t come along.” She glanced the few inches down at the other girl, trying for a polite smile. “My name is Asavvi, by the way.”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

Though walking with Asavvi all curled in on herself as she was, Edy was loath to relinquish the contact. Physical closeness was one of the things the teenager valued most in the world, and though sexual-closeness was usually her preference, this was alright too.

At the mention of family, Edy felt her heart give a bit of a twinge in her chest. Her family had come through the portal with her, but they might as well not have (though to be fair, a good portion of them were still missing). That the brunette was concerned about her family first and foremost actually made Edy like her a bit, given the high priority she herself placed on her family, even when they were being fucking selfish assholes. "I mean, mine did." She answered with a shrug that Asavvi would likely feel against her own shoulder. "This place isn't massive or anything, but it's big enough that they could easily be somewhere else from where you wound up."

Meeting Asavvi's gaze, Edy easily returned the smile and added in a wink for good measure. "Think nothing of it." She chuckled happily. "I'm Edrei." Though she'd never needed to add in her last name before–everyone knew who the Launceleyns were back home–now she found herself leaving it off for a different reason. Namely, it didn't fucking matter.

"So Asavvi. You have a job in whatever the fuck place you just came from?"

Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Change author:
Asavvi Kouris
Their growing distance from the barrier was apparently the right cure for the disorienting headache. Lesson learned, she supposed, and determined that walking headlong back into the magical bubble was not going to be an effective method of escape. There was still the weight of fatigue settled into her bones but it didn’t seem like anything a good rest wouldn’t cure. No, Asavvi’s problems where now centered on finding a way to get back to her family, though according to Edrei there was apparently a possibility that they might be here as well.

Hope seemed to leap from her belly into her throat at that prospect; though this unknown land was strange and potentially dangerous, that didn’t seem so daunting as a separation, a further severing of her family. Asavvi couldn’t quite suppress the shudder that the flair of emotions caused, repeating the soft bush of shoulders that her close proximity to Edrei seemed to be making all too common. It wasn’t lost on her how nice, how comforting, an embrace would be. Comfort she dearly wanted, but it wasn’t her brother who walked beside her, it wasn’t her mother or father.

Asavvi, kept up a series of careful glances, catching the returned smile, the wink, and trying to surreptitiously search the other teenager’s face. Edrei’s apparent ease in collecting a new companion wasn’t something that Asavvi usually shared but after the day’s not insignificant upheaval there was definitely comfort to be found in not being completely alone.

“Well, yes. I made and dyed fabric if that’s what you mean. A bit of sewing or mending here and there too.” It seemed an easy enough topic to start off with, the safety of smalltalk even if it was hemmed in with ‘my life is now in shambles and may never be put right’ subtext. “Mostly I look after my brother and sister, or um, I did? They’re just past ten, and it’s about all I can do to keep them out of trouble…” her throat tightened a bit at that. She’d tried to say it lightly but it was a very real fear that two yound children who had already lost their parents might now have lost another primary caregiver. Who knows what mayhem that intrepid little pair would find here; if they’d come, that is. She pushed past the lump in her throat and continued, trying for calm. “What about you, have you been here long? You said big enough for a civilization, is there a town nearby?”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

At the mention of textiles, Edy's mind immediately fell back to Sulis. They were related, though Edy was fucked to know how, and since arriving in this place, she hadn't seen heads or tales of the woman. Or Charles for that matter, and while she liked the prince more than his temporary fiancé, the seamstress had been family. And like Asavvi, the weight of that knowledge was not so easily displaced .

"Well aren't you the crafty type." The dark haired girl mused softly, her thoughts still slightly tangled in memories of her lost kin, and so they lacked their normal sexual lustre.  

Oh, so she had family to take care of as well? Well shit. Edy was liking this broad more and more. "Yeah I understand that. My family is ... uh. Well we're basically a cottage-industry all into ourselves. Raising each other is sort of our schtick. " Hearing the near-palpable non-response from her companion, Edy tightened her grip around her just slightly. For once, it wasn't even in a touchy-feely sort of way, but in that unspoken shit that really sucks, yo sort of way, that you only really understand if you're been there yourself. "They'll turn up. There's a message board where you can put a description of them and stuff, in case someone sees them?" Edy suggested hopefully, with a small smile.

"uUhh, no not long. A few weeks maybe?" It was actually sort of hard to keep track of time when time seemed not to matter. Even so, Edy was sure it hadn't really been that long. "Yeah. Two sorta? I mean, there's a temple and sanctuary...and a few homes you can just...move into. Then there's the Settlement where all the naturals set up their shops or whatever." Edy shrugged her shoulders casually.

"I think anyways. I think my crew is mostly trying to still figure out who we are here, y'know? Like, I dunno ... are the captains still the captains? Is the Overseer still the Overseer?" These words probably wouldn't mean much to Asavvi, but to Edy she felt a prickle of anxiety at the implications of what would happen if they just sort of threw everything away.

"And hey, I've already got a place set up, so if you need somewhere to stay the night..." The flirtatiousness had crept back into Edy's voice, and now she did wink playfully at Asavvi as they continued on.

Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Change author:
Asavvi Kouris
It was odd, even after such a short acquaintance to see the shift in Edrei to something softer, a little more subdued, It might have been just for a moment but Asavvi would be lying if she tried to sat the contrast wasn’t intriguing. It certainly made Edrei a little less intimidating to know she wasn’t always quite so brash. Better not to say anything at all.

Asavvi wouldn’t have expected to cross worlds and immediately find someone who could empathize, but not hours later here was this girl who had gone through the same ordeal, who had a large family she cared for, who could possibly understand the fear she felt at not knowing their fates. She remembered her mother talking about fated meetings once, about how the gods would put people in your path right when you needed them--

Asavvi realized she was staring when that thought crossed her mind and she clamped down on the thread before it could run away with her. The thought was too big, to important, she had to remind herself. Putting too much meaning on a chance meeting was just foolish. She pulled her eyes away and determinedly focused her attention on the ground front of her.

“I’ll be sure to get those messages up there, thank you.” Her voice was losing the shake, the weary tinge, such was the might of Asavvi’s sense of self-preservation. You have to build a strong one if you can’t be brave instead. Edrei was one of those brave ones that Asavvi had never been. “Well, I can’t be much of a weaver without a loom. My mother would say you are what you are no matter where, but then she could have been a general with a daisy let alone a spear.” There was an attempt at lightness in her tone and she glanced up again.

It was a mistake.

It was a mistake because there was a pretty girl with that wink and that voice and an arm still around her waist who was inviting her to stay the night.

There might have been a flash of a panicked expression at the meeting of eyes; there was most definitely a blush (not on her cheeks like most but as the base of her neck and creeping down across her chest) but it was broken when Asavvi moved to gently pull away. She was careful to try an put a few feet between them and look up again with a smile. A pleasant smile; not happy, not shy just… pleasant.

“I couldn’t impose on you like that. You’ve obviously got your own troubles you shouldn’t have to worry about me.” She was too good, too practiced at pushing down the panic and glossing it over with polite, that it might have come off as a bit cold, especially in the light of their shared experience the potential of the moments just before. “God’s know you’ve already helped me a great deal today, I wouldn’t dream of being such an inconvenience. You can just point me in the right direction.”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

"mhmm" Edy replied casually, without much apparent need for appreciation.

"I'm sure we can get you one." The teenager replied confidently having absolutely no idea whether or not that was possible. But honestly it should be, what with all the magic floating around. Surely someone could make the girl a loom (whatever that was. Edy was a noble after all and had always had people for those sorts of things).

The mention of being a general with a daisy caused Edy to stiffen with laughter as she nodded with complete understanding, thinking of both Zariah and Colbrandt. Those fuckers were terrifying half asleep in their pyjamas much less with actual weapons. Then again, the Launceleyn's were a magical group by force, and so they were never really powerless. Even so, Edy appreciated the imagery. "Oohhh I hear you on that." Shrugging her shoulders, the former soldier sighed. "The head of our family is like that. Bitch could cut you down with just a look."

Edy had that unsettling quality of being able to hold a stare easily without batting an eye or feeling the awkward tug that came with a glance held a tad too long. And so as she looked deeply into Asavvi 's chocolate coloured eyes, Edy's smile on widened as the moment lingered just long enough to seemingly make the girl want to break away.

Slipping from her grasp, Edy allowed the motion (though happily took the opportunity to let her fingers trail the girl's waist as it pulled away). At Asavvi's attempts of getting rid of her however, Edy only laughter brightly and shook her head as the sound happily died away. "Impose? Nah. I cleaned an entire damn house for my family to stay in and half of them haven't turned up and one of them decided he'd rather have his own place since apparently he's seeing someone now." Given that they were in this hellish landscape with Asavvi having almost all but died, being upset that Loren wanted his space probably should have been the least of Edy's concerns. It wasn't of course, because family came first. It came before Loren worrying about his own coming, anyways.

"The right direction is called my front door." Edy continued easily, walking steadily back towards the domiciles.

Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Change author:
Asavvi Kouris
She was ready to congratulate herself on a successful evasion. She was ready to step away and continue on and quite possibly never speak to this person again. That had been the goal, the established pattern: a gentle brush off, an easy let down and the weight of social interaction would roll off Asavvi’s shoulders.  It was how she had insulated herself for years from the potential abrasion of other people

It just...didn’t seem to be working.

Asavvi was surprised to find that she was a little relieved. She hadn’t ever given too much thought to how easily people usually accepted her distancing herself like this. It was easy to guide people’s attention away, to divert attention with polite smiles and soft dismissals for the sake of avoiding conflict, avoiding drama, avoiding connection. And damned but that didn’t just hurt the tiniest bit.

At the same time, Edrei wasn’t pushing--wasn’t forcing. Asavvi couldn’t cry kidnap and she didn’t have an excuse to fight or to flee. No, it seemed like Edrei just wanted Asavvi’s company and the crux of the matter was that Asavvi wanted hers too. The light touch, the bright laugh, they were just so horribly inviting.

"The right direction is called my front door." And maybe Asavvi’s compass had been magnetically scrambled along with her brain because in her old life, in her old world she never would have taken another step forward. Today she’d crossed worlds, this barrier in her mind didn’t seem such a hurdle. Besides, she reasoned, look at what happened the last time she had wandered off on her own: she’d nearly walked into a magical barrier that had almost killed her. After the day she’d had, the thought of being completely alone was daunting, cold.

Her arms had been crossed and defensive when she’d stepped away, but the girl drew in a long, slow breath, letting herself unwind as she exhaled. “Um, alright then.” She smiled, and it was absent of the walls, the mask that she worked so hard to always keep in place. Shy. Sweet. Thankful. Asavvi moved back into step with Edrei and after hesitating only a moment more reached for her hand.

Tomorrow, she promised herself. Tomorrow she’d face the fear, the uncertainty, the consequences. Tomorrow she’d come to terms with being alone in a new world. Tomorrow can wait.

{And this has been: “Asavvi Takes Things WAY Too Seriously” tune in next week to see her spend 20 years second guessing this decision…}
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

Edy was, at her core, pure energy. How that energy was directed was usually what she was faulted for: being too fighty, too sexual, too clingy and needy, too much. But such was what and how she was, and though there were instances the Launceleyn girl did indeed try to curb her passions into a more manageable and appropriate package, for the most part, she did not. With incredible amounts of improbability, Edy made it through life alright. She'd insult princes and ended up having sleep overs in their beds. She'd chastised leaders and moments later found herself trading insults with them. The only ones who seemed completely immune to her bizarre brand of charm was her family. Which was of course the most troubling, for her family was all Edy truly cared about. You'd not find hidden depths of meaning and thoughtfulness inside of the teenager. Her walls, while nearly impregnable, guarded nothing, and perhaps that was the most troubling of all. All that was on the other side was an unwavering desire to protect her family.

Edy was as one-sided as they came. The problem was, no one had stuck around long enough to ever figure that out.

"Great. This way." Edy trilled breezily, her dark eyes wafting over Asavvi. Though they held their usual mixture of flirtation and mischievousness, there was something else. Something simple; a gaze free of judgement, merely seeing the shy girl for who she was, and asking her to come along just the same.

Without hesitation or regard for Asavvi's shyness, Edy extended an arm meaning to link it through the taller girl's own. Setting off with a bright smile, Edy hummed to herself as they made their way towards the domiciles. As they went, Edy filled the silence with all sorts of brightly sputtered bullshit: The face that she was now a bartender at the Rathskeller despite having been a soldier back in the other world, how Loren had decided he didn't want to stay with the family because he was in a relationship as if that somehow mattered or came first. How she'd randomly acquired a bobcat kitten while investigating the infirmary with the pretty lady-doctor and one of her former patrolling buddies.

With an easy air about her, Edy turned the conversation back towards Asavvi. What was the place like she came from? What was the last thing she remembered? And perhaps with a bit of a sly smile, what the fuck was a loom?