We Ain't Kids No More
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Had Sam heard he would be living with Remi a year ago, he would have been thrilled. He would have imagined it cosy, maybe a small place on the outskirts of the woods; a cottage with a fire and a warm bed. Perhaps a room for Remi to do his alchemy work in, a study of sorts, with a desk for Sam's bookmaking tools too. Little windows and homemade curtains. A box of love letters given by hand.

That was not at all what it was like now, nor was it really what he wanted. Still scared and shook up from the attack only a day prior, he walked into the guild with a bag of his things over his shoulder, holding Nate's hand.  Mia followed along at his feet, chrrping curiously as she walked into the guild (and sticking close to Sam as she tried to get used to the unfamiliar smells).

Placing his bag down on a table and calling to let Remi know they had arrived, Sam sat and stared ahead at the wall, trying to make sense of it all. He was glad to be here, to have somewhere to stay and someone as good as Remi to stay with (and someone as good as Nate to be with) but he was still at the bottom of a lot of terrible 'what ifs'. "I did not think I would end up here." He said, the only outward expression of his internal confusion.
SAMUEL
I cannot believe my eyes, but I think I see a light;
You are everything I've always wanted in my life
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
our hands they seek the end of afternoons
Trotting down the stairs at the sound of the door opening below, Remi appeared looking quite disheveled. He wore a knit sweater Vai had made for him, his curls entirely unkempt atop his head, and large bags under his eyes. He'd done his best to clean up the guildhall, though whether or not he was successful would probably be up to his guests. It was hard to find the motivation to clean when your husband was a blight monster in the woods and your daughter was too young to care.

Still, Remi flashed a bright smile to the two men as he made his way towards them. Having never really properly met Nate (they'd helped to set up Phoebe's medical college but had been working on quite different tasks), the alchemist pushed his bulky tan sleeve up to his elbow and stretched out a hand covered in dried ink towards Sam's...well, boyfriend, apparently. It should have been awkward properly, given Remi and Sam's history, given that Remi was alone in the house as his husband was dying, but the world seemed full of far too many hardships at that moment to be bothered by something as uncomfortable as ex-lovers and sleeping arrangements.

"Nice to meet you officially, Nate."
my hands believe and move over you

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Nate
There's a shadow just behind me
Shrouding every step I take
Making every promise empty
Pointing every finger at me

Nate had to admit, he had little to no idea what exactly was going on. Sam had simply said that he’d been attacked, and wanted to be somewhere safer, and Nate had agreed, without question. He was certain the term guest still applied to him, however tenuously, and so he would go along with near anything Sam requested, especially the easier things. Like moving to something called the monster hunters guild. Which was, in hindsight, doomed to be more boring than what the name first brought to mind.

The inside did manage to surprise him though, the living space in the guildhall far nicer than he’d thought it would be. As Sam say, and called our, Nate moved his hand to squeeze the gingers shoulder, and looked around, offering the man that he could assume was their a smile as he appeared. Remi, as it turned out, wasn’t entirely unfamiliar, though Nate was having a hard time placing exactly why.

The alchemists offered hand was met with huff of surprise, then Nate reaching out to shake it with his free hand. If Remi wasn’t going to make anything weird, neither would he. ”It’s nice to meet you as well.” He hesitated a moment, then continued. ”I heard you’ve been... going through things, and I appreciate you doing this on top of it.” He nodded, then squeezed Sams shoulder tighter, not sure what to do from here.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Nate squeezed his shoulder and Sam leaned his head over, placed his fingers over Nate's. Perhaps they had gotten too familiar too quickly, but it was so nice to have that kind of comfort. To have someone there to hold his hand and not pull it away too quickly because it was weird.

Introductions were made and Sam was glad to see they weren't too awkward. He hadn't really known what to expect from this meeting; it was not like he and Remi were bitter exes, not quite. Neither of them could remember a lot of their relationship and he felt that the odd, muted love they shared was beginning to transform into something more familial than romantic.

"Is anyone else staying here at the moment?" He asked Remi, looking around. There had to be a lot of people in need, right now, but he was worried their interests might conflict with his own. The Blighted surely would not want to live with an Ascended.

Mia jumped up onto the table and he stroked the top of her head. "Thank you again, Remi. Can you show us the..." Suddenly, he seemed to realise that he'd never officially told Remi he was dating Nate. "...Uh..Our..um..the room that...uh..me and Nate we...we sleep together..." Wait, that wasn't right. He shook his head. "Not like that! I mean, well..no, um, actually sleep."
SAMUEL
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Not sure entirely what to make of Nate's huff, the alchemist merely took it in stride and offered the man as warm a smile as he could produce. It had little to do with this strange living situation and everything to do with..well, everything else. "Thank you."

Watching as Sam's fingers trailed over Nate's, Remi tried hard to ignore the small spark of jealousy low in his stomach. It wasn't an emotion that came easily to the alchemist, nor was it as green as others might experience the emotion. No, it was simply that Sam had someone with whom he could touch and express his affection, and though Remi did as well, his person was currently living wild in the woods.

"Mmm, only Aoife and me." Remi said. "Ronin...is..." Swallowing and letting his head loll uncertainly from side to side, he merely shrugged as the words continued to elude him.

If things were going to be awkward, now was certainly the moment for it. Instead, the alchemist merely raised a brow before letting a slow and crooked grin spread across his features. "Uh huh. Actually sleep. Since you know, as an ascended you do so much of that." He said with a laugh. "Come on, this way." Leading them passed the kitchen and down a hall, Remi pointed out one of the lower bathrooms and then the room the two men could stay in. He'd already laid out towels for them and various other things that they might need, but of course had he forgotten anything, he could create it quickly.

"Sam I think you know your way around the greatroom and kitchen well enough? Aoife and I are upstairs."

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nate

Nate let out a small breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding, and nodded. He reflected the smile back at the alchemist, but it was muted, more reluctant to jump to his lips than it usually was. Situations like these always made him feel a little strange, he knew it wasn’t the place for sharp jokes his particular brand of humour, but he didn’t know what to do other than those things.

Relief slumped his shoulders when Sam started speaking again, and he looked around while they were led deeper into the guild, letting the other two speak. He was glad he was already looking away his eyes carefully away from Remi when emotion choked his words, it hopefully made it less conspicuous when he didn’t look back right away. Nate let it sit a moment, but couldn’t help his curiosity.

”Who’s Aoife?” Nate asked, almost absently. His kind sprang a few things laces immediately, but considering Sam had mentioned that Remi was married, he was betting on child. Even though the alchemist looked too young for it, in his opinion.

The fact that Sam didn’t sleep came as some surprise to Nate, and he turned to face the ginger, his brows so high they were nearly disappearing into his hair. ”You don’t sleep?” How had he not noticed? They’d spent more than one night together, hell, Sams bed practically was his at this point. And yet this vital piece of information had eluded him?
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Well, they all knew what Ronin was. Sam was thankful Remi did not put words to it in the moment, thinkng actually hearing it might sink him further down into his already deep sea of distress and guilt.

Luckily it seemed like Remi and Nate were both willing to move past his awkward outburst (and that, he thought, was why these were the members of his family nowadays, not the harsh critics that shared his genes) and the subject moved on. "Oh, well, I don't have to sleep, but I still like to, most nights. I find something...lacking, when I don't." Like he was missing a part of what made him human.

The room was wonderful; more lovely than one would imagine of a room to house escapees in what could quickly become a civil war (not that he really thought it would come to that. He just tortured himself with the idea nightly). "Oh, Remi. Thank you." Sam said as he looked about, nodding to confirm he knew his way around the Guildhall.

"Is it alright if we stay until after Longnight? If..nothing else happens." He wrung his hands together, anxious for two reasons: that something could cause him to stay longer, but also that he had not yet told Nate of all the dangers awaiting them. "This seems like a safe place to stay during, right? Wessex mentioned her and myself going out to...do...something, but I still would like somewhere secure to return to." His last Longnight was mostly lost to his mind, the memories too caught up in Remi to have fully survived, but he knew from years of hearing monsters prowl the roads that one did not want to stay outside too long.
SAMUEL
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Aoife is my daughter." Remi said, glancing over his shoulder at Nate with an adoring smile at the thought of the starry-eyed girl. Not his biologically, but then again, none of Remi's true family was related to him by blood either.

Leaning against the door frame so that the two men could put their things down or examine the room, or whatever else it was they might wish to do, the alchemist nodded. "As long as you like." Remi agreed, before offering Sam a solemn smile. Nothing would happen to bookmaker. Not so long as Remi was alive and able to do something about it. "Ahh well..I know there was talk of having everyone stay here. Wessex has a theory that perhaps the LongNight monsters will not effect you, but.." The alchemist shrugged his shoulders slightly, not entirely convinced.

Glancing towards Nate, Remi tipped his head thoughtfully. "Were you here last LongNight?"

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Nate

Nate felt himself relax somewhat when Sam confirmed that he did indeed sleep, he just didn’t need It, a fact that was still strange, but far easier to swallow than the idea of Sam lying awake beside him an entire night. The fact that Remi had a daughter was a little more difficult to digest, Nate looking over the other man again. He looked so young.

Moving to sit on the bed, Nate was content to listen, nodding as Sam asked to stay until Longnight was over, and grinning appreciatively at Remi when he confirmed they could. Monsters and a week of darkness sounded like some kind of horror movie plot, and he was more than happy to leave any of the actual work of protection to someone else. A pinched gaze moved up to focus on Sam, disapproval radiating from Nate when the ginger bookmaker said he was planning on going out.

They apparently had some things to talk about. Even if he didn’t want to be the one to make plans, or do preparations, he’d still like to be included in on some of them. Big ones, like Samuel going out into what he had been led to believe was (ba-ba-ba-bum) certain death.

”...I wasn’t, no.” Nate turned towards Remi after a moment, perking up. ”I think I... popped in right after it all wrapped up.” He laughed shortly, like he’d made some kind of joke. ”Can’t say I’ve heard anything good. Really hoping at least some of it is wrong.”
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"Everyone? Didn't most people stay at the Rathskeller, last year?" Though he supposed he would be hard pressed to say who ran it nowadays, not having entered the bar himself in a long time. Perhaps the current owner didn't want to take in the needy refugees of Longnight. "Do you think...if you bring everyone in here, they might still be mad at me?" He had come here to get away from the town - if all of them were going to flood in the halls, he wasn't sure what to do.

Sam could see the expression on Nate's face as he mentioned going out; he had known it wouldn't be a popular choice with those he loved. But it was something he had to do, to try and rescue his own reputation and that of his race, his Goddess. They would have to discuss it later, not only because he would need to drink from Nate to be able to use extra abilities.

He gently shook his head at Nate's hopes. "Everything I've told you is true. Longnight...can be peaceful, if nothing goes wrong, but..." With all the Outlanders unused to the season and the increased complexity of living in Caido in recent years, it had become difficult to pass Longnight by with a good book. "Last year was...hectic. I think. I don't...remember a lot of it." Carefully, he didn't look at Remi as he said this, knowing the gap in his memory was likely to do with the other man.
SAMUEL
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
For a moment Remi gave Sam an odd look, before remembering that the bookmaker didn't have those memories anymore. Neither did Remi, but at least he'd heard of them and all that last LongNight entailed. Swallowing and running a hand through his curls, Remi just nodded. "Mmm, they did. Because it was connected to the Temple and such, many stayed upstairs in some of the alcoves." Like we did, he thought awkwardly.

Immediately shaking his head, the alchemist offered his friend a gentle smile. "No. Not in the slightest. And if they do, they are not welcome here." He added sternly.

Glancing towards Nate Remi's lips twitched into a slight frown. "Unfortunately it is all probably true. It...is one of the worst weeks of the year, to be sure." And that was saying something. "But this year we seem to be better prepared. Especially since Loren can summon Spark Birds now. That should help. He even mentioned letting the ascended bite him so that they would have the ability as well." He said with a look towards Sam that immediately made him blush and look away. The last thing he needed to be thinking of right now was Sam with his lips around Loren's wrist, knowing the feelings it would inspire in the both of them.

"..it would keep you safe, in any event." He added with a cough.

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Nate

Well, his hopes were thoroughly dashed. The idea of a quiet week of darkness was still bad, but it had at least been better than the idea of a week of darkness filled with horrible monsters. One was at least... reasonable. The kind of thing he knew, that happened somewhere where he’d come from. Nate sighed, focusing on the future instead of whatever strange awkwardness was happening between Sam and Remi.

He perked up again at the fresh awkwardness blooming on Remus cheek, his brow raised as he looked from Remi to Sam. ”What’s a spark bird?” The who didn’t really matter, Remi had said enough: he was the man who made spark birds. He realized the reason for the alchemists discomfort though, and shifted, weighing his words on his tongue before piping up again.

”I think safe would be better. Regardless of how.” Nate refused to meet either mans eyes, his hand coming up to run at the back of his neck. Being open, vulnerable was new to him.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

"Oh." Replied Sam flatly, unsure of what to say and sure he was completely missing some memory that Remi might have had. Sometimes he could almost forget (ha) that they had ever had their heartbreak at all, with their friendship progressing well and the close bond between them still there, but every so often an awkward little reminder tugged at his heart.

Remi again pledged to protect him, assuring him no one that opposed his Ascension would be here, and he couldn't help but smile. It was good to have a circle of friends.

The ability to summon Spark Birds was impressive and Sam recognised a name he had been told before - Loren. Who was this man, who had such powerful magic both Wessex and Remi recommended his help? At the mention of biting him he glanced to Nate then looked down, embarrassed; it felt...adulterous, even if it was for practical reasons.

At least Nate had provided a question for him to move onto. "It is a large, beautiful bird made of fire and light...it comes at the end of LongNight, sometimes. It came last year. It's...supposed to chase away the darkness. It did seem to work." He remembered that much, at least. "Don't worry, Nathaniel. We'll all see the other side of it, I'm sure."
SAMUEL
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ronin hates when I have to be bit, too." Remi said, not sure who he was consoling. "But it is a powerful tool to have. Hopefully not one we will need. The guild should have everything that we require...no need to venture out." Unless of course you had promised Ludo you would.

Smiling warmly at the clear affection between the two men, and feeling only a flicker of....something about it, Remi nodded.

"Well, if there is anything more you need, be sure to let me know." He glanced down vaguely at his hands, wanting to indicate that within reason, he could make them just about anything, but then feeling immensely awkward about it. Besides, Sam knew. "Nice to meet you, Nate." Remi added, nodding towards Nate before ducking out of the room to give the two men time to settle in.

Coding base by Sky!