i licked it so it's mine
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
james
smoking kills

Once upon a time there was a wee little lad called James Prince Sweet Bottoms the eleventy fifth, who grew up by the sea. This was one of those really lovely sorts of seas where cold wet shite didn't fall from the skies for a quarter of the fucking year. Fast forward to the present and that dear sweet prince currently finds himself wandering about the woods trying to steal hunt something suitable for dinner. Because everyone loves a brave and tough man James had waved off Ianto's offer of a coat, smiling charmingly at the fox who merely laughed in his face as he set out wearing his usual assortment of rags clothing. Today that was: a scarf worn as a skirt (very fashion forward and daring. They aren't rips darling, they're slits!), a bit of netting for a shirt, and a stretched-out sock that absolutely worked as a hat. Ianto had forced boots on his feet which was probably the only reason he was still alive. Luckily James had also found a dirty blanket in one of the trees and happily bundled himself up in that as he trundled along.

Singing a mixture of curses and random verses of a sea-shanty, the snake stomped his way through the snow absolutely determined not to return empty handed.

but so does love.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Love mends even the broken parts
Loren was once again roaming the outskirts in search of the elusive herds of luxere. For once, Astra was not by his side: she’d decided that she’d gone looking for his wild kin a few times too many, and was staying home where it was warm and safe and comfortable. While he missed her presence, he couldn’t exactly blame her for wanting to get away from his voice:

”Bright morning stars are rising,
Bright morning stars are rising,
Bright morning stars are rising,
Day is-a breakin’ in my soul.”

It was untrained, but not terrible, a pleasant enough baritone. Sometimes, the herds of magical deer were attracted to it—as well as the pack of hay and apples he had on his back—but today was not one of those days. Still, he kept running through verses almost methodically, with very little enthusiasm.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
james
smoking kills

Hearing a song—well, not a song really—the snake halted his stomping and tilted his head into the wind looking for all the world like a deer caught in lantern-light. A wiry smile stole across his far too thin features as he picked up a trot towards Loren, pulling his booted-but-other-wise-mostly-bare-legs high out of the snow. Breathless from this (excessive smoking, drinking, and a complete lack of muscle did not a snow-runner make), James leaned against a tree huffing and puffing, though fixed the summoner with a cheeky and bright grin just the same.

"S'abit of a shit song, really. Doesn't even rhyme, mate." The snake said with a confident and smug chuckle. "Take this for example," Standing up straight and clearing his throat, James put a hand to his mostly-sunken chest and struck a performative stance. "Now down in the valley of Shneel, lived a woman who loved to reveal. With her curtains well drawn, standing bare as a fawn, she'd do this really neat trick with an eel." So sang, the snake's accent helped to liven up the horrific prose, as did his bobbing eyebrows and overly suggestive hand and pelvic movements.

but so does love.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren cut off his singing as soon as the other man spoke up. Turning, the summoner just regarded the stranger for a moment; the other man looked even worse than the Launceleyn did, which was saying a lot. Although he couldn’t care less what the stranger was wearing, he did care about the stranger’s shortness of breath and thin frame. Shrugging off the backpack, he rummaged in it for an apple. Stepping forward, he smiled at the stranger. ”Sorry my song offended you. Though I hope you don’t mind me asking if you’re doing alright.” Loren simply held onto the fruit for now, though he itched to toss it over and then heal the stranger for good measure. If it required humoring the other man to make sure he was healthy, so be it. ”What trick was that?” Presumably something dirty.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"Fucks that s'posed to mean?" James chortled looking properly (but playfully) offended. Raising an arm he sniffed beneath it, judging that, all things considered, the smell was more or less fine. Glancing at the apple, the snake looked skeptically up at the Launceleyn before bobbing his brows, wondering if this was going to be one of those kinky back-forest type of deals that his ma had warned him of as a wee lad. Only of course none of that ever happened.

"Well," The snake said dramatically, leaning forward conspiratorially. The limerick was all bullshit of course, but did that stop the snake from immediately drumming up a tale to go with? His voice dropped to a stage whisper as his smile grew comedic and wide. "She'd be suckin' on the end of the eel yeah? While it was down in her—" Here, James whistled twice, all gentle-man like because you couldn't just go around saying cunt all the time though he absolutely did. "Real equal-opportunity thing, if y'get what I'm sayin'. One of those electric eels too. Powered her house for a month after that."

but so does love.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren just snorted at the offended tone in the other man’s voice. ”It means you look like shit. Here, eat this.” Despite the summoner’s harsh words, his voice came out gently. Holding out the apple on the off chance the stranger might accept it, the Launceleyn tilted his head. ”I can heal you too, if you’d like.” Although he’d learned the folly of healing people without permission, he figured the other man could use Loren’s magic fingers.

As he expected, it was dirty. However, the Launceleyn didn’t rise to the bait. ”Don’t eels have teeth? Sounds painful. Unless you like that kind of thing.” While the summoner didn’t know exactly what the stranger’s deal was, the Launceleyn knew when someone was trying to play mind games with him, and he wasn’t going to take the bait or allow the stranger to get a rise out of the summoner.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"What?" The snake cried; it was clearly news to him. Looking down his fingers trailed on the netting that covered his scrawny chest and peek-a-boo nipples, to the colourful scarf around his waste. Pfff. The man didn't know what he was on about. James always looked good. Coked-out, disordered, and probably disease carrying, but good. "Oh! Cheers, mate." The snake said with a winning smile, reaching out for the apple and shining it on his blanket. "No offense or nothin', I just don't know where your hands have been, y'know?" Which, coming from James who looked like he'd consider a dumpster 5-star accommodations, was rather hilarious, and clearly not seriously-meant. "Whatchu mean heal me?" The snake said with an intrigued tilt of his head.

"Oh, so you're some sort of eel expert, are ya?" The snake quipped with a challenging grin. "Bet I can guess how you find out about their teeth, ehh?" He added with a cackle, and an obvious glance towards Loren's loins.

but so does love.
the Firebrand

Change author:
The other man didn’t seem to understand the comment, so Loren just sighed. It seemed like he had a tough case on his hands. His apparently unclean hands. ”None taken.” As for healing, well, the corner of the Launceleyn’s mouth quirked up. ”Healing magic. Can take care of any wounds you might have.” Or, more likely diseases. He held up his now empty had and wiggled his fingers. ”Would have to touch you though.” It came out in a wry drawl, the exact opposite of flirtatious.

As the stranger looked towards the summoner’s groin he couldn’t help but roll his eyes. ”Maybe you can write another limerick about it.” Although this teasing and harmless was more lighthearted than the kind he usually received, that didn’t make it any less annoying. ”You got a name?”
loren

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"Wounds nnn?" The snake pushes off from the tree with a surprising litheness. "Y'gonna examine me doc? Ask me where it hurts? Tell me to turn my head and cough?" With each sentence James' smile grew and grew, lasciviousness dripping from every musical word.

Though it might take two to tango, it took exactly just-James to be flirtatious, lonely cunt that he was. "Touch me?" The snake recoiled as if shocked, horrified! at such a suggestion, before slinking ever closer. "Well if you really think I'm that hard off, I suppose I can't say no, now can I?" Glancing down his stomach towards the skirt wrapped around his waist, the thief offered the summoner an entirely serious and innocent look. "Go on then. All yours. Touch away."

Rolling his eyes the snake scoffed. "Y'don't write limericks. Y'just...snatch them out of the air. Like leaves or...y'know, all this annoying snow." He said, vaguely waving about heavily-ringed fingers at the world around them. "I do in fact. Prince Tully of the 18 seas, at your service." So saying, he took a rather crunchy bite out of his apple. "'an 'who'r you?" He asked, mouth full.

but so does love.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren just gave the other man a blank stare. ”Turn your head and cough.” It came out in a deadpan, but if the stranger looked closely, he might catch a glimmer of amusement in the Launceleyn’s eyes. Then again, it might’ve just been a trick of the light. The sensuality of the other man crashed against the impassive summoner like a wave against a cliff. And like a cliff by the sea, while it might be possible to wear Loren down eventually, it would take ages. Or a being to whom time was an irrelevant concept. Which is why, instead of taking the stranger up on the incredibly obvious invitation, the Launceleyn simply laid a hand almost gently on the other man’s shoulder and sent a pulse of untargeted healing magic coursing through the stranger's body, though the summoner made sure to send extra to the dark-haired man’s lungs.

And if the hand lingered for a few seconds too long, well, Loren wanted to make sure he did a thorough job. Wasn’t anything to do with the loneliness winding around his soul and how he felt a little flattered at the attention. Still, he let his hand drop back to his side fairly quickly. ”There. Should be all set.” It was still surprising to him that his healing magic was as strong as it was, but he couldn’t deny that it came in handy.

”So you’re a snatcher, then?” The words were out of his mouth before he could stop them. Still, it wouldn’t surprise the summoner to know that the other man had sticky fingers; the stranger looked more like a vagrant than anything else, but Loren could easily picture the dark-haired man taking something that was just left lying around. That image was only reinforced when the stranger lied about his identity. However, that didn’t mean the Launceleyn had to. ”Loren Launceleyn.” He didn’t bother holding his hand out to shake, given that the other man had wasn’t telling the truth about who he was.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"I know you're the expert n'all, but I'm not so sure that's how that works." The snake trilled, not at all put off by the deadpan expression. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, or whatever the advice was. And like a good little alcoholic, James did not turn down a shot.

"I get it, right. Respectful. Slow." James purred as Loren's hand came to rest upon his shoulder, tipping the man a wink. However as the healing light poured into him the thief shivered—a motion which turned into an exaggerated shimmy—and then tilted his head back, arms spread. "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm." He moaned happily, seemingly not at all to mind the sensual tone his hum of gratitude had taken on. As Loren pulled away the snake snapped open mossy-green eyes, shooting the summoner a delighted smile. "By the seven fucking statues that was a right trick." James' hands patted down his front as if making sure that everything was where he'd left it, before shivering happily in his blanket. Quickly that smile turned pathetic as the thief pretended to cough a few times. "I think y'missed a spot doc." Placing a hand over his heart, or near enough, James pretended to wilt helplessly. "Look't me, I'm wastin' away here."

With a bit of a cheeky frown at Loren's introduction, James raised a brow. "Well that's a mouthful." The snake mused, licking his lips. "Big man with a last name and everything. How fancy."

but so does love.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Just as the stranger was not at all put off by the summoner’s facade, he was not at all bothered by the other man’s teasing. Considering the dark-haired man was a complete stranger—and a liar and a flirt to boot—the Launceleyn wasn’t exactly going to read too much into anything he said. ”You’re right. You’re not an expert. But don’t worry, I already heard you cough when you were wheezing earlier.” Time to see how the other man liked getting a taste of his own medicine. Get it? Healing magic, medicine. Hilarious.

The metaphor was apparently going to continue for a bit longer. As the dark-haired man made the process sensual, somehow (quite a feat, really), Loren very carefully kept his expression blank. If the stranger had been sincere and not just messing with the Launceleyn, maybe he would’ve had a different response. As it stood, he wasn’t exactly in the mood for much of anything of a sexual nature. Time to see if he could change the topic. ”For my next trick, juggling.” And then, suiting actions to words, he pulled out three apples and started juggling them in a basic pattern. He was a bit rusty, but his telekinesis was able to tweak anything that went too off course. Without missing a beat or dropping an apple, he shook his head. ”That was your dose for the day. If you need more, you’ll have to come back for a follow-up appointment. Walk-ins are at the Launceleyn Manor.” And if he could get the stranger to go there, maybe Loren could get a hot meal into the dark-haired man’s belly and a roof over his head.

The Launceleyn probably should’ve made a quip about mouthfuls, but he could already predict how the other man would respond and so Loren just ignored it. ”The Prince of the 18 seas calling me fancy. How ironic.” The summoner’s voice came out in as wry and dry a drawl as he could manage. And he could manage pretty damn well.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"But what of my many other ailments?" The snake quipped, as if all these mysterious woes he was referring to were in any way alluring or sexual. "Just on the way over here I definitely stubbed my toe, n'that's a long ways from my lungs." He added with a helpful nod.

As easily distracted as any child, the snake's eyes lit up with happy fascination as the summoner pulled out three apples and began juggling them in easy succession. "Is there anything those hands can't do?" James sighed with a dreamlike quality that was beyond over the top; as with most things the snake did. Just as quickly as it had come, the misty-eyed expression was replaced with one of mock skepticism and incredulity. "Now you wait just a minute. What's that old saying about doctors and apples? You wouldn't be tryin' to get rid of me, now would you?"

Waving a tattooed hand at the summoner, the snake merely scoffed. "We are a humble people. Non of this last-name or invite-you-to-our-manor bullshit." James corrected with a roguish grin.

but so does love.
the Firebrand

Change author:
If Loren’s magic could heal blindness, he was pretty sure it took care of a stubbed toe. Besides, he wasn’t really in the mood for banter, especially given how flirtatious the dark-haired man tried to make everything. ”Cured those too. It’s a miracle! Can’t do anything about your personality though.” Just what the summoner thought about the strange man’s personality, well, surely the Launceleyn didn’t need to specify.

There was quite a bit that the summoner’s couldn’t do, and his eyes grew shadowed for a brief moment. Still, without missing a beat, he tossed one of the apples at the dark-haired man. ”That buys me two days, right?” Catching the other two, Loren placed them back into his pack. As the other man kept going on about how noble or whatever the Launceleyn’s was, his eyes traveled down and then back up the dark-haired man’s body. ”You? Humble?” Yeah, no Loren wasn’t buying it, not with how the dark-haired man acted and dressed.
loren

Coding base by Sky!