The New Era
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Adam
Living beyond your years
Acting out all their fears

So.

Lucas was dead. This was very sad of course. Adam had actually felt some grief for him - while they had not been massively close, the devilish man had been his first conversation in Caido, and he'd always seemed fun, even if Adam did never get to suck his dick. He had a shot in the bar dedicated to friends lost and blowjob opportunities missed to mourn.

But then it was time for action.

He had been the one most often in the Guild building and he had been the closest to Lucas; as far as Adam was concerned he was basically the guy's kid now, as far as inheritance went. If anyone wanted to argue about it they were welcome to do so, but he had guns and they didn't, so he was pretty sure he'd win. While a Guild was a lot of responsibility he did not necessarily want to take on, there was something undeniably sexy about owning a crime gang.

And now that he owned it, there were changes to make and plans to develop. He told the bartenders at the Rathskeller to look out for the members (pitifully few that they were) and tell them to arrive at 'the place' at 11pm on this night. Hopefully, they would work it out.

When they arrived, they would find Adam sat at the main table, boots kicked up over the edge and Coffee sleeping over his legs. A confident smirk on his lips he waited for all of his underlings to arrive, ready to flex his leadership muscles.

You won't remember this
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i have seen what the darkness does
say goodbye to who i was
No, he has not heard about Lucas’ untimely demise. Nor has he heard much of anything else, too wrapped up within himself and repairing the damage he had caused by his own actions. But when the news of the meeting, time and place, had finally reached him, he knew he couldn’t go there by himself. It wasn’t like he didn’t trust his fellow criminal pals, but it was the fact he wasn’t really able to go out of Lusea’s sight.

It doesn’t really bother him, he knows he deserves every bit of the uncertainty that sits within their relationship. It’s the least that he can do, aside from bringing her here, to join up with him in a space so similar to home. A small comfort, a small way of trying to get things back to normal.

He makes it in with Lusea in tow behind him, slipping past the walls laden with traps, until he spots the familiar room below — smelling of smoke and fancy things. Comfort. He immediately spots Adam and gives him a light nod of greeting before scanning the area for Lucas, wondering if the Ascended would be late to a meeting at his own home, but ignores the questions simmering beneath. The blight has made him tired, easily annoyed, and he’s still struggling with an attempt to fix everything he’s broken.

So he sits along the couch, an arm raised along the back of it as he pulls out a cigarette and looks to Adam with a raised brow, deciding not to introduce Lusea until more of them show.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
EZRA
Sulking. You've been sulking, and it's not a pretty look.

But Edrei is dead, and Kiada is (was?) sick, and Lucas is dead, and nobody seems to give a shit about poor little Ezra anymore. Even the bar has been slow, which is weird because it's winter and it should be popping, but nah. Everyone is planting roses and dicking around and dying and whatever and you're just stagnant in your little hovel, doing shit all and being forgotten.

And sulking.

You're a little bit surprised when Adam shows up, because you thought he at least would have come around to keep you company (but then again he has his little boy toy now). For a little while you consider just not showing up to spite him, but honestly, you need a distraction, and it's not like you have anything else going on.

Your pretty face is still terribly sulky as you descend into the basement, taking in the motley crew assembled. Some girl you don't know, and Sunjata, and Adam's little Pet, and of course at the head the new and glorious leader himself. So Lucas is in the ground or wherever for five minutes and already this little alcoholic is all over his shit? Scowling, you lean against a wall, refusing to pay him the respect of sitting at the table. "So. Half of us dying is what it takes to get the band back together, huh? If I didn't know better, I'd say you were pleased by this development, darling."
we knew right from the start
that you'd fall apart
'Cause I'm too expensive
Lusea Kotze
Messenger

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 7 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
resistance... because if we fight, we might lose
but if we don't fight
The truth is, I'm not just here for Sunny. Sure, keeping an eye on him is a strong motivator these days, but when he haphazardly explained what this little group is I knew I had to get involved. Since the incident Sunjata has been sticking to me like a burr, and there's only so much babysitting and housewifeing I can do before I murder him out of sheer boredom and lingering resentment. If there's some work to be done - work that my skillset might be applicable to - I need to do it. I need to to something, before I snap.

The basement den is surprisingly comfortable, and I find a place at the table, pointedly not settling in beside Sunjata. There are some others here: a tall drink of water sulking in a corner and what I can only assume to be our glorious leader sitting in the front. Warm smiles are given to each in turn, pleasant enough, a little flirtatious. "Pleasure to meet you, gentlemen." My voice is smoky and thickly accented, far more than Sunjata's. "The name's Lusea Kotze."
we've already lost
LUSEA
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87

Sitting in the basement room of some seedy group feels natural to Pet, brings him back to other places, when he was following other people. It puts him in a different mindset, one that keeps him sitting stock still behind Adam, nothing moving but his dull blue gaze, moving over each person who came in.

A couple first... maybe? They come in together, but they don’t sit together. Its not really any of his business though, and honestly he doesn’t care too much. Then another man, pretty, prettier than someone has any right to be. Except the look on his face. Sour, almost angry. Pet meets the look cast over him, resists the urge to lift a brow in a silent question.

There is not much time to dwell on whatever the look might mean (nothing good) as the woman who’d arrived introduced herself warmly. Were they supposed to introduce themselves? Pet moves, looking to Adam with his brows pinched together.
PET
he is trying to tell you that there is some sort of shining star now buried deep inside him and he has to dig it out with a knife.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam
Living beyond your years

The few but mighty members of his (his. It felt good.) gang walked in and Adam maintained an easy smirk, even when Ezra seemed to be rather put out about...something. When they'd all arrived, Adam swung his legs down (heavy boots thudding on the floor with an echoing noise) and stood, Coffee laying back down on the table and puffing out little clouds of smoke.

"So." He started, resting his hands on the table and looking over those sat around it (and those sulking by the wall). "I guess one of you apparently knows already, but Lucas is dead. I do want it on the record that I didn't do it and wasn't planning to." This was addressed mostly towards Sunjata; Adam knew some of the things he'd said in their last meeting could make this new development look rather suspect. "So of course that's very fucking sad, but the reason we're here is because I'm taking over daddy's estate. And some things are gonna change around here."

Adam lifted himself up and took a step back, took Pet's hand and pulled him forward gently (a gentleness that betrayed the commanding aura he was trying to give off). "This is Pet. He's our new guy, or at least, was, til we got you." He grinned and winked at Lusea. "So that's great, cos what we need the most of is more members. But...first of all.."

This was going to be the difficult bit, if he knew how crime rings went. "If anyone has any uh...greivances, whines, or issues with me taking over and making you actually do something, let me know and we'll..." He touched his gun, just casually. "Talk it out."

You won't remember this
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
He doesn’t notice the man standing behind Adam at first, but as more drift in and his steel gaze lands on a particularly sulky Ezra, his mind immediately goes toward Loren offering him the bar rather than the effeminate man himself, and he raises a dark brow toward the man before his words slip through the air. Half are dead? What?

He can’t quite understand, but he does manage to let his eyes drift back to Lusea as she goes around and introduces herself, not commenting on the flirtatious tone or looks she gives around. She’d done it before, but this time? He doesn’t know what she’ll do. Instead, he pulls from the cigarette with a heavy draw, sitting forward as Adam’s boot hits the floor. His firearms are braced on his thighs as he looks to the man with the guns.

At Adam’s first comment, Sunjata can’t help but tilt his head in a small amount of surprise, before gritting his teeth with a slight nod. “How?” He interrupts into the air, standing with cigarette in hand as his boots scuff along the floor with their own heavy thuds until he reaches the bookshelf. Fingers trailing along spines that all seem the same, until he finds the one of his records. He lets the cigarette hang from his lips as he turns and leans against the shelving, flipping through the pages until he finds the page he seeks.

Shooting a glance toward Lusea, he steps by her to grab a quill and some ink, leaning down to write “Adam didn’t kill Lucas.” Before tearing the page out and moving toward the desk Adam’s around. “Mmm, there’s your record.” He announces with a smirk to his face, arms crossing with the book in his hand. If he’s being honest, he finds it a ridiculous thing to keep a record of, but the moment is something he’s certain Lucas would have thoroughly enjoyed had he been here to see it.

It doesn’t even cross his mind that Adam can’t read.

But he remains just long enough to hear the introduction, eyes narrowing slightly as Adam winks toward Lusea, but passing it off for now. One glance at the tenderness Adam had shown to Peter is enough of a statement to Sunjata as anything else is. And after all, if he’s trying to be more like his old self for Lusea and his own sake, he’s gotta keep up the game. But he can’t help the glance he gives back to Ezra, wondering if there are grievances. But before he can make a comment, he looks back at Adam and sees the hand that drifts toward the gun. And the man laughs.

Grievances, huh?” He begins, stepping away from the table enough to pull the smoke from his lips as he leaves the book on the table. “What are we going to do now? Lucas was the one that got our connections. Is that you now? Or are you just going to keep stealing things?” Maybe it’s a bit harsh, but the blight hasn’t been kind to him these last few weeks. Steeling himself, he takes a ragged breath before shaking his head, shooting Adam an almost apologetic look despite never doing it in public.  “I think we should be talking more about what our plans are, rather than getting new members and threatening to shoot the few we do.

That being said, his head tilts as he runs a hand through his hair. “Like Longnight. Our numbers are few, and it’s going to be really shitty out there. Personally I think it would be good to have a few of us wherever people will be congregating. Split us up to get the most out of it if we’re going to be stuck indoors for gods know how long.” His eyes remain on Adam, quietly ignoring Lusea as she does the same for him, and Ezra who he’s sure will speak up when needed. As for Pet, he doesn’t even know if the man can speak.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EZRA
So he wants to be the big man in charge, huh? So far, not a lot that's impressing you from the drunk. You narrow your eyes just a little as he draws forth his pretty little pet, unimpressed with the fact that silent fuckbuddies are now, apparently, favored. If that's the new regime that TDS is building it's going to be a shitshow indeed, and you might be better off giving your time and body to a less ill fated cause.

Daddy's dead, mommy's dead, and the children are running wild. You've seen playthings without masters before, and that's what this lot is, really: playthings of Lucas and Edy that were never really used, abandoned toys now trying to think for themselves. Oh, my, but the boy is quick to get his gun out, threatening as easily as he asks for input. "So let me get this straight, darling- You want ideas, but you shoot us if we shoot our mouths?" You might have said more, but the tasty ray of sunlight speaks up instead, so you fall back, silent, still broody behind that long dark mane.

Long Night sounds unpleasant, and you wrinkle your nose. But you've got bigger, more philosophical concerns to lay out. "Our sunbeam is right. I love Lucas, but gods knows he never actually did anything with us. With him and Edy gone, I'm running out of reasons to lend my talents to this group." Prowling forward toward the table, you move to lean upon the wood, turning dark and heavily lashed eyes back to Adam and placing a finger on his chest. "So tell us, Dark and Stormy- why should we even be here? Because some of us have, you know, jobs. As much as I love watching you handle your gun."
that you'd fall apart
'Cause I'm too expensive
Lusea Kotze
Messenger

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 7 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
resistance... because if we fight, we might lose
but if we don't fight
Why must men squabble? The new leader of this thing, Sunny, the pretty barkeep - they all seem content to go at it like magpies, waving their dicks and playing their horns and engaging in a game of who said what. It's not what I'm here for, so I stay out of it, only smiling in reply to Adam's greeting before settling into my seat. It doesn't matter to me who's in charge- these things tend to be fairly amorphous in terms of leadership, and I don't have any intention of bowing my head to a man, anyway. Once these three are ready to be civilized I'll set about outlining my skills and finding a role to fill, but for now, let them get their panties unknotted and all the testosterone out.
we've already lost
LUSEA
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

This is much closer to familiar to Pet, the way the meeting has so suddenly devolved into (literal) finger pointing and tension. Adam is not the kind of man his old leader was though, and things did not end with a bang, with a show of force and rage, as much as he expected it. Without that, he really didn't know what to expect.

He know's he doesn't like the finger on Adam's chest, his eyes narrowed to dark slits and glaring at the owner of the offending digit. Of course Adam has some kind of plan. He wants to say. Let him speak. It's not his place though, not yet, so instead of voicing his upset, he squeezes Adam's hand where he's still being held, a silent request to do something. Or, a reminder for Adam to do something.
PET
he is trying to tell you that there is some sort of shining star now buried deep inside him and he has to dig it out with a knife.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
Living beyond your years

While Adam was trying to be confident and leader-y (leader-y was a new thing he'd made up. It meant being bossy.), he actually found he immediately regretted the hand he'd placed on his gun. It wasn't his style to intimidate, not unless he was backed into a corner. These were his friends.

He let Sunjata and Ezra speak, only looking down with a faintly amused smile at the finger on his chest. So, they wanted to be petty little bitches? Okay. Though he did have to admit the 'record', which he couldn't read, was quite a funny touch.

"I can see I've got some clearing up to do, huh?" He laughed warmly, ignoring any and all tension that might have built up in the space between the criticising words. Shifting up to sit on the table (letting go of Pet's hand with a glance to him and a wink) he leaned back casually and began to speak, addressing the things everyone had brought up as he remembered them.

How did Lucas die? He wasn't actually sure. "I heard he was doing something for the weird Voice thing..? Er, Goddess?" Adam waved his hand dismissively. "He went down fighting for what he believed in so that's good, right?" It was something he actually did respect, even if he didn't know what the fuck the cause was when it came to The Voice; his only knowledge of the Goddess came from Amalia, who was not at all unbiased.

"As for what we're gonna do. I'm glad you asked. If you think Lucas was the only one with connections, you've underestimated me." This was, mostly, a bluff. But Adam felt confident he could worm his way into plenty of circles given some time. "Now, I agree. Lucas was a great guy, really fun. He even let me shoot him, so you can all stop being big babies. But he didn't do too much with this team, and well, what a waste of talent that would be."

Or at least, he hoped so. Adam hadn't really seen any of them in action. "I have a few plans. A couple of them are for stealing things, yeah, but I'm not talking about a couple of trinkets for the market. As for Longnight...I don't actually know that much about it. So if you wanna stop whining and start sharing what you all know, let's chat about it. That clear everything up, champs?" With a sardonic smile he looked to Ezra and Sunjata.

You won't remember this
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Oh, and Adam should regret the pulling the gun. As Ezra approaches with his own questions, comments, statements, Sunjata shoots him a knowing look – a knowing glance that almost seems to say ‘I knew I always liked you.’ before his attention returns to Adam. Lusea is silent for the most part, and Sunjata finds he doesn’t mind much. It leaves him to focus on everything else that’s happening.

And then Ezra calls him sunbeam, and it quirks the corner of his lip up as he leans back and folds his arms across his chest, watching Ezra close in on Adam. Luckily for Sunjata, Adam continues on. To explain. And he nods for the most part, understanding the Voice and the whole… Ordeal with that. But when he mentions that Lucas let him shoot him, Sunjata laughs again. “Okay, but Lucas doesn’t feel pain.” His steel eyes linger on Adam. “I’m not sure that’s a great point to make.” His smile quirks a bit before he shakes his head.

A waste of talent indeed.” He finally agrees, a rumble of his accent as he waits for more information, but not before Adam wants clarification on Longnight. And he sucks in a breath, figuring out what all he’s learned about the event in his short time here. “Longnight, the sun will not rise for a week. And during that week, all the monsters come out to play.” His head tilts, gunmetal eyes shining in the low light of the room. “Everyone barricades themselves indoors, to keep themselves safe.” Another quiet pause. “But I’m not saying we should go out in it, but having so many people in a generalized location has to be a good opportunity. Either for stealing things, or gaining information of what’s going on out there.

With a moment to let that sink in, he leaves the table where Adam sits, making his way toward where Lusea sits, a hand resting on the back of her chair. “As for what we talked about before, Adam, I think Lusea here might know a thing or two how to get that going. Though it may be beneficial to wait until after Longnight for it.” He doesn’t look to his flame, in fact, he leaves his sharp gaze on Adam.
SUNJATA
Peter Pikely

Change author:

Peter shifts as Adam does, folding his newly freed hands behind his back. His gaze drops from Ezra, the look (wink), setting him at ease. As much as he can be in a room of strangers who also happen to be criminals, at least. He seems almost bored as Adam starts addressing the room, his eyes going to Sunjata when he interrupts.

”Being shot isn’t... that bad.” Pet offers, the first words he’s said so far. It doesn’t really matter to him  whether anyone thinks he’s bluffing (he isn’t, he could show off the scar if someone presses), but he feels like he should maybe offer Adam some support. In his own way.

Disinterest returns to his face when Longnight comes up. Everyone has been saying the same thing, though he does agree it makes  a good opportunity. One just has to be careful. Sure, there’s lot of options, for thievery and rumours both, but there’s also not a lot of places to run when everyone is trapped inside. Pet was confident following Adams call for the week of darkness, and doing what was asked of him.

Blue eyes followed Sunjata as he moved, walking towards Lise’s and resting a hand on her chair. Pets face didn’t move much, an eyebrow shifting in silent curiosity as the other man brings up ‘what they’d talked about before’. He tips his head to the side, gaze moving quite naturally to Lise’s, wondering what she his behind the quiet smile.
PET
Rathskeller Owner

Change author:
EZRA
Oh he has connections, does he? "Ah, so you know our new Queen, then? Or the general, perhaps? I'd love to be introduced to these lofty connections, TDS." Who even is there to be connected to in this place, besides the bizarre and uninteresting quasi royals and the general and, you don't know, there's that guy who keeps trying to give people magic birds. At least when they had Edy and Lucas they had some real clout.

Blah blah blah plans, blah blah blah shooting. A whole lot of nothing if they were to ask you, but at least you have an answer about Longnight. "I will be at the bar for the week," you announce to whoever cares, which is probably no one but whatever. "Usually people love drinking during a siege, and griping, so I'm sure I'll be able to pick up on some juicy gossip." Y'know, something useful, such a novel idea.
that you'd fall apart
'Cause I'm too expensive