Catchy Title
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Mature Content Warning 
I believe that the darkness reminds us where light can be
While fully ill with the blight, Phoebe had neglected a lot of things. One in particular were her weekly visits to the shrines to give Frey an offering and speak to them. Of course, they didn't appear every week, but that wasn't the point. It was the sign of her devotion to her divine friend, the reminder that she thought of them often and tried to carry their lessons with her each day (her success in doing so varying from time to time). She felt guilty for failing to keep up this ritual, the same guilt she felt for all those she hurt while blighted.

And so she came to the Shrine, her gift one she had thought through carefully. Fresh fruit was in short supply in Deep Frost but she did have fruit preserves, with which she had made a pie. But in keeping with Frey's preferences and humor, she had carefully arranged the top crust in a provocative image. She set it on the shrine carefully and Pim set his own offering of a tube of glitter he most definitely didn't knick off of a market stand because he liked shiney things. "Frey...I just wanted to come and apologize for not visiting while I was sick... for not accomplishing more with my research and how I acted towards you as well." Phoebe said softly. She remembered how exhausted and frustrated she had become as the blight began to take hold, how short tempered she was and how vile her thoughts, even towards them. She swallowed a lump in her throat. "I hope you can forgive me, and that we can still he friends...I've missed you terribly."

Pim of course just roared to Phoebe's ears, but also sent out a call for the deity. He had his own questions!
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The deity would appear before Phoebe in the midst of an indulgent stretch, their back to her. With a loud and long yawn, Frey wiggled their fingertips above their head, and their toes in the snow before turning to regard the midwife with a warm smile. It would be the first time she'd looked up their face in a while, and though before the lines of weariness were practically tangible in their voice and their mannerisms, now Frey appeared to be back to their old tricks.

"I could feel your thoughts the whole time, honeybunch." Frey said with a grin flush with heat. Reaching forward to pull at a lock of Phoebe's hair, they shrugged and added: "When your thoughts were your own, anyways."

Glancing towards Pim, the god offered the dragongling a sultry wink as a fresh heart appeared in their hands. "And you did a wonderful job of keeping her safe. " Frey said with an approving hum, tossing the heart towards the dragon.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
As Frey appeared, back towards her as they had been the last few times, she worried that perhaps her greatest fears would be reality – that she had sunk to such depths that even Frey wouldn’t wish to associate with her anymore. But instead they turned, a warm smile on their face, a sultry tone in their voice; and they reached for her hair, playing with a lock of it as if none of the weariness that had overcome her friend as of late had ever occurred. Tears of happiness rose in her eyes – she could ask, of course, if she was forgiven, but by now she knew better than to ask Frey about things that were obvious to behold. If they could hear her thoughts that were her own, they would know that whatever vile thoughts the blight had placed there held no real merit. But not only that, they were back. Whatever weight had caused them such stress before was alleviated and her friend was themselves once again – that made her far happier than any forgiveness she might’ve received. And in a moment of humanity, she lunged forward to hug them – if they so allowed – as tight as her skinny little arms could. ”Oh, I’m so glad you’re back too, Frey! I was so worried about you!” she said brightly, even as tears still tinged with hints of black rolled down her cheeks.

Pim might’ve asked his question now but he got a snack. The dragonling jumped up to catch the heart in his jaws, shaking it back and forth violently to loosen the tendons holding the precious organ together. Then he set to tearing apart the bits of meat into swallow-able chunks, wings flapping happily.
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
None would know what role Frey played when it came to the blight, expect perhaps their cosmic counterparts. For now though, it was merely enough that Phoebe recognized that they indeed were back. Arching a brow as Phoebe wrapped her arms around their torso, the god gave her a condescending part on the head, though a chuckle rumbled through them. "I see your humanity is still in tact." They commented wryly.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
At the pat on her head and Frey’s words, the midwife released the deity and stepped back, wiping at her eyes with a smile on her face. ”It is, if just barely. Sorry for letting it get the better of me.” she said with a light laugh. ”What was wrong with you before, though? Was it really just stress?” she asked, a concerned tone in her voice. Stress had been the excuse the first time Phoebe had noticed something was wrong with her friend, and while stress could do a lot of harm, it didn’t quite seem to fit.

You know who wasn’t the least bit concerned with the change in Frey? Pim. Daddy Frey was a different sort of being and different sort of beings went through different sort of things, and since Daddy Frey was very powerful, Pim had no reason to worry after them (unlike his clawless, fangless, scaleless, wingless, sometimes near brainless counterpart with the fluffy yellow mane). The dragonling finished up his treat, burping and spewing little rainbow specks of electricity around his maw, before rejoining the god and girl. He grumbled up at the deity that – through Phoebe’s eyes was a man – through his own lens was more a shifting mass of energy (pink like Pim of course!). With directed intent, Pim shared his memories with the god, thinking over the very odd scene with Loren and Phoebe, where the Launceleyn’s muffled words made his companion leak eye water and make odd but happy squealy noises from her mouth. ”Happy and sad at the same time?” he asked the god in the tongue of his kin, confusion clear in his mind.
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
The deity gave the midwife a wry and alluring look, before nodding. "Well...with Safrin blighted and Ludo off playing with itself Vi came to me for help with the blight and the roses. Who else had the power to make roses take root and bloom in the middle of Deepfrost, if not Rae or Frey?

Glancing towards Pim, chuckling and shooting the dragonling an appreciative nod as he burped rainbow sparks, the deity tilted their head at the flood of memories. The broken hearted man and the broken hearted girl? That seemed like an easy match. Not all of the humans can feel happysad. Yours is very good at it. Frey silently replied, as if the midwife's ability to be so damned melancholy was actually a positive attribute. And really, it was.

"I see that blue-eyed boy took my suggestion when he came to see you." Frey said lightly, their words vague. Was it about Sunjata? Or Loren?
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe blinked in surprise at Frey's revelation. Vi had come to them to help with the roses and blight? "But...isn't Vi the god of life? Can't he just...make flowers whenever he wants?" she asked, head tilting slightly. Though she caught herself in a moment of ignorance and quickly admitted to it. "Though...I don't know terribly much about Vi, Rae, or Mort so...I guess it isn't terribly surprising that I'm uncertain where one's abilities or domain start and anothers end." she said, furrowing her brow. Now that she thought of it, the delineation between Vi and Rae seemed confusing. Vi was life but...nature was too. Her mind fumbled a bit, still sluggish from the remaining effects of the blight as it began to take hold.

Pim's tail flicked as Frey elaborated, his head tilting nearly cutely to the side, in a similar fashion to Phoebe's own mannerism when confused. "Why happysad? What happysad do?" the dragonling asked. Feelings, for Pim, after all, were more about survival than about some deep, intellectual concept of being. Fear was a warning that things were not right or dangerous and survival was at stake, which led to anger that fueled destructive force. Hunger and tiredness and discomfort were warnings of weakness of or threat to the body, requiring action to survive as well. Happiness was a result of security in one's survival, and sadness or frustration resulted when that security was compromised. What purpose did happysad serve humans? What need was being met or lost?

Frankly, Pim didn't quite understand what creatures like humans had to be so upset about all the time. There were so many of them, and they had plenty of food and shelter and a plethora of mates, that even their squishy, fleshy selves weren't at any great threat from anything most of the time.

But when Frey mentioned a blue-eyed boy, Phoebe's brown-eyes blinked in confusion. Blue-eyed boy? She tried to think who that might be, considering who she had seen recently...Sunjata's were rather grey, but she supposed they could be considered blue. Loren's were certainly blue... "Who do you mean? Jata or Loren?" she asked in confusion, wanting to clarify. "What advice did you give them."
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"It...it isn't so simple as that, honeybunch." Frey said with a shrug. Nodding with a yawn as Phoebe admitted her own ignorance, but not bothering to clarify anything.

It makes them understand things better. The deity replied, looking towards Pim. Humans have complex emotions, and so they need complex ways of understanding them. Like happysad. Frey added.

Glancing back to Phoebe, Frey crossed their arms and gave her a pointed and entirely vague stare. "Who do you think I mean?" They asked, a curious and alluring smile tugging at their lips.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
"Is it something I could understand?" Phoebe asked. She knew from previous conversations with Frey that some things were simply beyond her understanding as a human. If that was the case, she would acceot that it was beyond her. But if she could...well it seemed perhaps she should explore it more considering how often she was asked to explain the gods to those with less success or experience with them.

Rainbow static puffed out of Pim's nose as the dragonling huffed. Humans were messy and they needed messy ways to deal with it...and apparently the other man was able to make that messy way of dealing with her mess happen. Humans were exhausting. But at least this happysad that the man had made Phoebe was a good thing. "Pim not kill male then since male help the happysad." he grumbled, a bit disappointed.

Phoebe took her question being turned on her in stride, lifting a finger to tap against her chin as she thought. Well...she recalled Jata saying Frey called him blue eyes. But she also knew Loren had a more recent experience with Frey. And his eyes were actually quite vividly blue. "Loren?" she asked, smiling a bit. "I heard he had a very good time with you."
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"With a lot of needless explanation." Frey said with a wave of their hand. "But it isn't worth it, poppet. Understanding us takes lifetimes, and you simply don't have that kind of currency."

With a deep chuckle, Frey merely shrugged at the small dragongling. I won't tell you who to kill and who not to. But know if you do, there will be sad for days, maybe even years. The deity said with another latent puff of amusement.

Neither confirming nor denying, Frey merely gave the midwife a look. Though their eyes remained as kaleidoscopic as ever, there was perhaps more blue of a particular shade than there had been before. "Why of course he did. Moreso the second time, I expect." The deity replied, lazily raising their eyebrows and licking their lips suggestively; a feeling that Phoebe would feel replicated across her lips as well.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
It was true. She didn’t have that kind of currency. So she sighed and nodded, resigning herself to the fact that though she could understand it in theory, it was still out of her reach given the short length of her life span. ”Alright. I’ll try to not let the curiosity eat at me then.” she said with a small smile.

At the thought of sad years, Pim growled. Nope. Definitely not killing that male then. Not worth it. Phoebe’s emotions were overwhelming enough in the spurts that he experienced them and years of it sounded like pure torture.

Phoebe blinked a bit as Frey gave her a funny look, brows furrowing in confusion. When had their eyes turned blue like that? The colors usually shifted and swirled, dancing from color to color and never coming to rest. The sensation on her lips made her blush, not entirely sure where this was going and still a bit thrown by the visual change in her friend. ”He didn’t specify which.” she said with a small smile. ”What advice did you give him that involved me though?” she asked curiously. Then she remembered one of her reasons for coming, which gave her a focus other than the shift in energy. ”But I wondered…well Loren did as well, but I thought it should be asked…would you like a shrine that is dedicated to you? Like Safrin has? Or a space like Ludo does?” she asked, tilting her head a bit. ”Or do you have one that I don’t know about?”
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
"Mmm, better to let other things eat you, honeybee." Frey replied a sultry wink.

Giving Phoebe an unreadable stare, the deity stretched with magnificent sensuality. "I'm sure if he wanted you to know that, he would have mentioned. Interesting that he didn't.." Frey said with a mischievous narrowing of their eyes, their voice playfully stroking around something not quite said. Then again, perhaps the Launceleyn was merely being clever. No one wanted to just cum out and say they had an orgasm quest, now did they?

"A shrine?" The god pursed their lips with a shrug. "I can be found at this one, the temple...by the waterfall...As for one just for me? Why bother?" They asked, brow raised.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Her cheeks flared up at once and she pressed her palms to her cheeks. She had promised herself she would get used to Frey’s jokes someday. Today was apparently not that day.

Frey’s answer only served to confuse her more. What on earth did that mean? ”Well…we aren’t exactly close so…I suppose he wouldn’t tell me something if he considered it private.” she said with a little shrug. Though it did bother her a bit. He had asked so many questions about the gods and Frey and yet he had gotten some advice from her friend that was apparently crystal clear without the context he had sought? That didn’t seem right to her for some reason…but her train of thought was caught off guard as she looked up at realized that Frey was now suddenly…blonde? What had been dark locks of hair falling in a messy fashion around his eyes were now pale and nicely combed back. She stared at Frey openly, confusion stopping her dead in her tracks. What in the name of Frey…

But they spoke of the potential shrine and Frey’s answer was exactly as she had imagined it would be. Familiarity. She smiled, comforted that she had guessed rightly. ”I thought you would say so but I promised Loren I would ask anyways. As for why bother…well because you’re worth bothering about. Some place that sets the mood for inspiring creating life with pillows and incense and whatnot.” she said with a small smile. ”Though I suspect you might’ve left Loren without clothes on one of those two occasions because he specifically mentioned stocking it with extra clothing.” she said with a knowing smirk. On their very first meeting, she had seen Frey’s proclivity for stealing clothes.

”Besides, you have done so much for me, if that is something you would like, I would be more than happy to make it for you.” she said with a warm smile. ”It would be a very one sided friendship if I did not help you, you know.”
phoebe

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
Whether or not Frey was conscious of how their appearance changed, they flashed the midwife a smile that was now more charming than it was lascivious. It seemed to suit the lips on their face better now. Still, they ruffled a hand through hair that was now short, making it rather adorably unkempt inspite of the remainder of their appearance. They were still nude, as they were normally, and...lets just say scrawny isn't a look the god deigned to wear often, and so they didn't now.

With another smile, Frey raised a brow. "After all this time, and you think I need candles and incense to create life?" Tilting their head to the side they gave the midwife a knowing look. Thinking back, the god tipped their head back and laughed heartily before folding their arms across their chest. "I might have. I'd say he was suitably compensated for that though." Frey added, glancing down towards their genitals and letting their eyes slowly drag back up.

"It already is a one sided friendship." The god replied, reaching a hand forward to softly stroke Phoebe's cheek. "You being the mortal one, and all that." They added with a wink. "But no, no shrine needed. Unlike Ludo and Safrin I care little about mortal pandering."
Frey