Personal Quest you are still headed where you need to be
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
MELITA
Melita likely wasn’t the best candidate for the occupation she had in mind. The blight still stung in her veins, crossing over wires and ichor, occasionally flooding her sights with the blackened bits of Stygian wiles and violent ends (and then sometimes, it was just her). But things were beginning to become better; she had control, she had memories, she had an ability to do other things besides fester and decay, the rage not always standing so tall, so broad, so firm. Her only fear of the current role, despite her promises last season, were that it’d be all for naught – and the brilliant gilded antlers she’d cherished a year before would not even dare to regard her, because of the darkness still simmering in her soul.

Hadn’t it always been there?

But the youth kept her convictions, kept her vows, kept her oaths, and wasn’t about to let the rest of the world down (again). Perhaps, if more people clambered along the center of town with her, their lighter hearts, their buoyant, ebullient efforts, their effervescence, would override the pestilent threads of her diseased core.

She didn’t let the probability of another kind keep her from maneuver stacks of wood towards the Monster Hunter’s Guild, and then along the outskirts of the Temple; and then anywhere else they could manage. The luxere were some of their prime defenders against the calamity, demons, and monsters of Long Night, and they should have every mean and measure available to them.

The youth just hoped it would work; and wrapped her trembling hands up inside her gloves, Fangorn settled alongside her heels while she waited for anyone to show up.

--

A PQ to help lure luxere towards Long Night sanctuaries! Melita should have everything you need, but if you’d like to bring bags/sacks to carry future things in, that would be great too! I’d like to keep this thread moving along since Long Night approaches, so once things fill up we’ll be ensuring things are light and easy! Thank you!

1. James
2. Loren
3. Lily
4. --
You're all gonna watch me
Disappear into the sun
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ain't nobody watching us
Where James came from, there were no luxere. This was due to the fact that there was no snow. Still, he hadn't anything better to do with his time, and given that he didn't really believe in any of this LongNight-monster shit, he thought it might be a bit of a lark.

"Y'know, last chap who tried to get me to help him find these luxere left me in the woods if'n you can believe it." James said in his usually bright if not slightly tinny accent.

Dressed in a fashionable poncho (read: three blankets he'd found left in the snow the he'd just cut holes in), the snake grinned proudly and confidently at the copper-haired woman.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Love mends even the broken parts
Seeing as Loren had been luring the luxere to the Hollowed Grounds since the first snows of Deepfrost had fallen, as soon as he saw the notice that Melita was feeling well enough to lead a party out to lure them closer, he’d obviously decided to go along. Partially, it was because he knew they needed the magical deer to get them through LongNight, but partially he knew it was because he owed the red-headed woman a great debt, after how the summoner had acted. So he filled his sack with hay and apples, gathered up his cloak, and set off, Astra by his side. Strange as it might sound, the Launceleyn was probably one of the people best suited for this task in the Hollowed Grounds: his magic was as light as it came, and he had no blood on his hands, even if his heart and soul felt empty these days.

As soon as he spotted Melita, he took a deep breath, before steeling himself and walking over to her. Of course, that strange man from the woods beat him to it, and Loren had to take another breath to steady himself. ”That chap would be me. Hey Melita. Thanks for organizing this. And I hope you don’t mind if I come along.” They couldn’t really afford to let their personal problems get in the way, but if she objected to his presence, he’d go. The last thing he wanted was to make more trouble for people.

He’d already done quite enough of that.

Assuming they were all copacetic, he'd get as far away from the other man as possible, before settling in to wait. Unconsciously, his hand sought out Astra's fur, and he rubbed behind her ears, causing her eyes to close in pleasure and for her to bleat contentedly.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Sculptor/Blacksmith

Age: 27 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Cuphead Offline
Change author:
SENU
Here she came from, there was no such thing as Luxere. But then again, there were many things that were present here that were absent back home. Snow, was also one of them. Still very new to Caido, Senu had heard about the Luxere and the Long Night, as well as the monsters that came with it.

As soon as she'd seen the notice posted up by a Melita, asking for help, she knew that she wanted to volunteer. She wanted to see these mystical creatures up close with her own eyes, and since this would be her first experience with the Long Night, she wanted it to be a memorable one. Dressed in a coat-like poncho she had fashioned out of a burlap sack sewn with a cotton padded underlining, she brought along the remaining burlap sacks filled with hay.

Arriving at the meeting location, Senu approached the trio that had gathered in the area. Not knowing anyone at all just yet, she spoke up, announcing her intention to join in the help in the luring of the Luxere. “Hello! I am here to offer my help in luring the Luxere, if you would have me.”
Focus on the snake
and you'll miss the scorpion
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Singing to the Luxere had been the only redeeming part of last year’s LongNight. And even now, Lily isn’t sure if she’s up for the task: painfully thin and pale (and not that healthy, white-moon glow kind of pale, but the we can see your veins and black circles under your eyes kind of pale), the entertainer must wrap herself in everything she has in order to stay warm whilst outdoors. It looks kind of funny, but she’d rather look ridiculous than be cold. Seriously. There’s nothing worse than being cold.

And she has no other obligations, other than resting and composing Arduinna’s ballad - so while no one would likely blame the formerly blighted woman for resting, she feels the need to pitch in. This is probably the best way she knows how. The actual best way she can help.

She is the last to arrive, carrying a small bag of hay (sorry, luxere, she can’t spare any food this time - she needs it for herself) under one arm to the stated meeting place. At least Melita is leading it. The thought of seeing her friend (she has no idea the other redhead was also affected by the blight) puts a smile on her face - and it stays there, even when the sight of Loren recalls memories of bad behavior at Rexanna’s wedding planning party. Oh well. He wasn’t the first man to see here at her worst, and he wouldn’t be the last.

That might be Lucas, may he rest in peace.

“Hi,” she says simply, with a little wave before noticing that there is already a luxere in their midst.Oh, hello there…” Her smile widens and she reaches a hand out to Astra, offering nose pats and ear scritches if the companion wants some.
merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
New faces, familiar faces, and then ones she wasn’t certain she wanted to see – all coming together at her request. The notion was foreign and strange; she was used to being the follower, the youth who clambered after directions with aplomb and enthusiasm, ready to take on whatever had been delegated. But now she was at the forefront, still willing, still able, but unused to the notion. She shrugged her shoulders, puffed out her chest, and heaved a massive breath as they began to arrive, allowing the uncertainty to billow out through the remains of her trembling hands, the ghosts of the past and the current ones to riddle into the ether. There was no time to soften and ponder now.

The first, completely foreign and unrecognizable to her, was at least amusing, extending her grin towards him, but not able to reply until Loren arrived, and despite wanting to grit and bear her teeth like fangs at him, she refrained, preferring to stick to the stranger’s nuances. “Somehow, I’m not surprised,” with a hint of snark and amusement. “I’m Melita, by the way. Thank you for coming,” and then her brow arched at the mage, the summoner of stone golems, trying to decide how she’d like to react to him at all. Kiada had earned her rage and wrath and eternal grudges. She didn’t know where Loren stood quite yet, but he wasn’t high on her list of friends and comrades. “You’re welcome.” Then she shrugged, moving on to the other newfound stranger – tracing over her features with an incandescent grin; what might’ve lit and set the world ablaze. “More than happy too! Thank you for giving us your time!”

Her head swiveled at Lily’s appearance too – content and happy all within an instant, bright, better than all the days this season. “Lily, I'm so glad you could come!” For all intents and purposes, she likely would’ve clambered along and swept the fellow blighted in a hug; but they had to adhere to what they truly came for.

“Thank you all for coming again!” She registered, nodding to them all once more, truly grateful. “For those that are new, we try to lure the luxere to town so they can aid us during Long Night. When you see their antlers, you’ll understand.” It was a conviction, a promise, her eyes settling swiftly on Loren’s luxere; he’d comprehend. “The first thing I would like to do is set up some feed troughs. We want them to stay for as long as possible, which means we should supply them with food and water. I’ll stay and help!” Her head swiveled to the pile of wood she’d already started, pondering if they would need more, or if her tools would be enough. “While some of us are creating the troughs, would others mind finding and getting some food? They really enjoy hay and apples.” Her hands pointed to the sacks she'd already collected, intending for whoever picked the notions to utilize them for their purpose. Hoping her smile was contagious, and not some billowing sensation of nerves, she waited for them to pick what they’d like to do, and set off.

--

Woohoo, thank you for coming to help!

If we could have:
- Two more for helping create food/water troughs
- Two for collecting food

Pick your tasks and go for it!
Disappear into the sun
Sculptor/Blacksmith

Age: 27 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SENU
Her greetings was warmly accepted by the copper-haired woman and Senu was grateful for that. Melita seemly highly enthusiastic about what their task today, and she found the excitable energy infectious as they too felt buoyed by whatever positive results they would end up with today. With everyone gathered, Melita began her introduction, and gave them their first tasks of the day.

They had the option of choosing between making food and water troughs or walking around to forage for food. Being particularly interested in the crafting arts, the trough option has been a no-brainer for her. She hadn’t exactly made one before, but she had roughly an idea of how to go about making one. “I’ll work on the troughs.”

She announced without hesitation, walking over to the pile of wood gathered, looking for a suitable sized log before starting work.

Fortunately, she had brought along her hand tools which consisted of a hammer and an iron chisel, both of which she had made herself, after she had gotten comfortable with working with the metal. Grabbing one of the small logs, she began to remove the bark of the surface, before gradually progressing onto carving a trench out of the log to serve its purpose as a trough.
Focus on the snake
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Well, that was probably the best Loren could’ve hoped for from Melita, given the circumstances. He nodded gratefully at her. ”Thank you.” Stepping aside, he hugged one arm to himself. Then he watched as a strange woman arrived and then a familiar one. Seeing as this was Melita’s show, and she greeted the stranger and Lily, the summoner merely stayed silent, though he nodded at Lily as well. He was planning to just stay quiet and off to one side the whole time, not wanting to make any more trouble for anyone.

He’d already made quite enough.

However, Astra and Lily sort of ruined that plan: his luxere obviously wanted affection, and seeing as he was a pretty crappy provider of that these days, she immediately submitted to Lily’s hands, bleating contentedly. In fact, Astra leaned into the touch, and tilted her head so that Lily could get access to that one special spot on the top of the luxere’s head. ”Hi Lily. That’s Astra.” His voice came out softly and dully. Unfortunately, even the sight of his beloved companion couldn’t fill the emptiness where his heart had been. There'd been moments where he thought he was on the road to recovery, but every time he did something to throw himself off that beaten path.

As Melita finally announced their tasks, then went to go build the food troughs, the Launceleyn knew he’d be going to get food. Obviously he was going to give Melita some space. Besides, he knew where to find hay and apples. ”I’ve got a stockpile back at the Manor if anyone wants to join me.” He dumped his bag full of hay and apples on the ground, then picked up several empty sacks—he was weak, but he could summon something strong—then waited to see if anyone took him up on his offer. If they did, he’d lead the way, but if not he’d just head off on his own. Luckily, he was good at being on his own. Preferred it, even.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ain't nobody watching us
The snake waggled his eyebrows in a friendly greeting at all who arrived. With a cheery snort he nodded in eager agreement that yes indeed, Loren had been the chap who'd abandoned him in the woods.

"Probably all for the best, yeah? Heard this one singing in the woods, and let me tell ya—" Raising a hand and pretending to scrape it down something, he whispered: "—nails on a chalkboard, this one."

However as Loren mentioned the manor, the snake perked up happily. "Don't mind if I do!" He trilled, reaching down to pluck up one of the apples recently spilled onto the ground, shining it on his blanket jacket, and taking a hearty bite out of it before strolling languidly after Loren.

James snipes an apple and invites himself along with Loren.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Lily isn’t fussed that the choice is made for her (because her creator is slow), having been absorbed in scratching the luxere companion, perhaps just as happy as Astra to have something resembling affection in her life. “Hi Loren,” she says with a smile, but then promptly returns to cooing over Astra. And really, she’s quite happy to stay here with the other women. As the men leave for the Manor, she turns to the stranger and offers a cold, but pleasant hand in greeting. “Hi, I’m Lily.”

Their third looked strong, which would probably be necessary, given the state of the two redheads. Also, the entertainer doesn’t know shit about making feeding troughs. Rather than dive on in and make a mess of it, she watches Senu work and then chooses a similar tool and begins to imitate her movements. They’re quite clumsy and rude, but the good thing is that luxere don’t really care what they eat out of. Gesturing for Melita to sit by her, she watches Senu again and asks the stranger, “Where did you learn to work with these kinds of tools? Are you a craftsman? Ah, woman?”
merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye
Sculptor/Blacksmith

Change author:
SENU
Based on how so many of the others gathered seem to know each other, Senu fully expected to be left alone to do her task, with the only occasional instruction passed on when needed. She was thus caught completely by surprise when one of the other women, a redhead offered a pale white hand in greeting as she introduced herself.

Still somewhat in disbelief, Senu did not respond right away, the look of surprise still clearly visible on her visage. By the time she had recollected herself, Lily had moved on to having a go at making a trough, just like her. A quick glance saw her trying to copy her actions, and that earned a grin from her.

The other woman’s technique may be rough around the edges, but in this case, it doesn’t really matter, for the only judge of their work would be the Luxeres and, she didn’t think they would care about the smaller details, such as craftsmanship.

The redhead broke the silence once more, talking to her once more, and this time Senu was determined not to ignore her. “I grew up around them. My father was a sculptor, and he worked with wood often. I learnt it from him. I’d like to think that I’m one. I’m Senu. I’m sorry for not taking your hand earlier. I was not expecting anyone to talk to me.”
Focus on the snake
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Nails on a chalkboard in regards to Loren’s singing abilities made the girl choke down another ring of laughter; not as high, lilting, or triumphant as she might’ve been, as she too had tone-deaf qualities. But they all seemed to pick their ventures quite contentedly, Loren and the amusing stranger to stockpiling, leaving Senu, Lily, and herself to the troughs.

Melita enjoyed wielding a hammer and nails simply due to the weaponry contortions of it – it felt like munitions and a quality of war in her hands, something she could manifest, something she could control, something she could sink her teeth into. While they put together slabs of wood, she, and Lily too, couldn’t help but notice Senu’s abilities to actually hammer and maneuver things correctly. While the honeybee youth was usually driven by pure instinct and a headlong zeal, Senu appeared perfectly content and comfortable. Curious, and a tad bit nosy, with the men out foraging and collecting, the women were heralded together in rushes of power and precision – she liked it. “Amazing!” She whispered, watching the craftmanship, everything quickly coming together under Senu’s tutelage.

As they pieced lumber, as they yielded to nothing but their own prowess, the troughs swiftly took shape, and eventually they had several for water and food. Melita whistled appreciatively at the sight of their newfound skills, the promise of prosperity. “Well, look at that. Excellent work, ladies.” Her smile was a contagious ring of ebullience, more of her old self than ever before. “Should we start filling these?” Her eyes beamed over to the hay and apples Loren had already left – might as well begin putting things in order, if only to lure the beatific luxere faster. “We should go get some water too, and have a ready supply of a couple buckets to refill the troughs.” She’d brought enough for each of them to carry two, and head to the nearest stream – unless they had a faster way of completing it.

Meanwhile, as Loren and James made their way from Manor and back, with food in tow, they would find one of the sacks to be unfortunately much more feeble than the others. Perhaps it had poor fibers. Perhaps Melita had been in haste and hadn’t bothered to glance at the bottom. Perhaps it was mere coincidence – but the bottom split open, unleashing apples, and scattering them around.

--

The ladies have successfully built food and water troughs! Now they can start filling them with water! Grab a bucket!

Bad luck for James and Loren, one of their food sacks had split open!
Disappear into the sun
the Firebrand

Change author:
If people wanted to talk about Loren behind his back (though he was right there), have a good laugh at him, so be it. He’d gone far past the point of caring what others thought of him. At least Lily seemed happy enough to see him, though no doubt that had much more to do with Astra that it did with the Launceleyn. Well, he was used to that these days.

The other man declared that he would accompany the summoner to the Manor, and all he could do was muster up a weary sigh. Then he turned and started trudging through the snow without a word. The stranger would no doubt attempt to regale the Launceleyn with all sorts of nonsense. In fact, as the other man stole an apple, Loren just rolled his eyes. This was going to be a long, incredibly annoying day, and if it wasn’t absolutely necessary for LongNight he would leave now.

Whatever happened on the trip to and from his home, he would do his best to ignore the stranger’s antics. However, Astra would stare at the other man with fascinated eyes, and offer herself up for scratches and rubs if he proved willing. Once they’d loaded all the bags, the summoner called upon a golem to carry the bulk of it, making sure everything was tied off securely before they set off.

Unfortunately, during their trek back, one of the sacks broke. Sighing, the Launceleyn created a needle, then pulled a loose thread off his cloak. Concentrating, he sewed the rip shut and tied it off, then held the needle in one hand as he stuffed the food back in the sack. Hopefully that would do the trick, and they could get back to the women without further incident. Or without him strangling the other man for one reason or another.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
James Aiféala

Change author:
ain't nobody watching us
And talk James did. Stories of shining cities above the clouds, of women he'd fucked behind stone pillars a hundred feet high and a good deal of men too. What James didn't remotely touch upon was the truth of course, merely sprinkling it in bits and bites throughout his verbal meanderings.

"Yer quite the good listener, y'know it?" He chortled, clapping Loren heartily on the back and seeming absolutely impervious to the Launceleyn's stony brand of silence and sulking. Turning instead to Astra, the thief sang all manner of sea-shanties for her in a voice that was shocking on-pitch though all the more thickly accented.

"Jaysus." The thief trilled (having picked up that particular exclamation from someone in the grounds) as the summoner did what he did, summoning a golem. "My way big hands you've got." He said once his shock died away, nudging Loren suggestively.

Then the sack broke and Loren took it upon himself to fix it (of course), keeping silent (of course). So while this was happening the thief low-key collected as many apples as he could stuffing them into various openings in his outfit and offering a few to Astra for good measure as well.