wish I knew you
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
but i come to life, come to life
some princes don't become kings
First things first, he can’t show off the new form to Lusea yet. Not until he figures out how the fuck he flies, but gods he’s excited. He decides he needs to find someone to show him how to work these things, and his first thought is the Alchemist — the comment he had made when Remi had invited Oliver and him to the Monster Hunter’s Guild. So naturally, picking up on that information, Sunjata practically bounces toward his home.

Kissed a goddess and can live in the feathers he went through hours of pain to ink into his skin? Yeah, it was a great day.

He reaches the door, lifting a hand to knock, hoping Remi is home and not having to barge in on him — least of all if Phoebe is here. “Remi? It’s Jata. I’ve got news.” He announces, pure adrenaline and excitement in his bones. But he tries to keep it contained, managing to bounce on his feet, not because it’s cold; but sheer excitement.
even at the best of times,
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
That...was not at all who Remi thought would be knocking at his door. Putting down the parchment he'd just been pouring over—lists for LongNight—Remi rose and padded towards the door. Pulling it up and quickly trying to usher the new-attuned into the house lest they let all the warm air out and cold air in, Remi would give the taller man a quizzical, but pleased sort of look.

"News?" The alchemist repeated, folding his arms casually across his chest and letting his head tilt slightly to the side in a decidedly avian gesture. He couldn't fathom what news Jata would come here to tell Remi. Anything Phoebe-related would be left to the midwife, and...well. There was really nothing in-common between them. So Remi thought, anyways.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Thank the gods… Or Safrin?

He thanks Safrin, mostly, when Remi opens the door and ushers him in. Slipping in, he dips his head in a small greeting before he notices the confused look that crosses his face – but Remi has been pleasant regardless and he can’t help the wide toothy grin he gives – big enough to reveal sharp edged canines, that are very natural, but could pack a punch before he nods his head in a bob of agreement. Gods, he’s being so boyish.

Alright, so first of all. You mentioned Frey could help with the Attuned, deal… And well, I went to the shrine I saw Frey at last just to ask and see… You know?” He rumbles, rushed and excited. “En frey antwoord my nie.” He hums, before he realizes that was Korofi and not the common tongue. He clears his throat, face reddening slightly. “Sorry. Anyway, Frey didn’t answer me, but Safrin did. And look.

One moment, the tall man is standing before the Alchemist, the next he’s quite short in comparison, navy blue wings spread wide. See? He has no idea if Remi can hear him, but in his newness to this form, to this shift, he has no idea what is going on. He’s just thrilled to be there, to show off his new form of dark navy blues with golden ringed eyes and a golden ringed black beak that parts slightly in a very Sunjata roguish look to a bird of all things.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
With limited interactions thus far with Sunjata Remi isn't entirely sure how to interpret the man's greeting. He seems far more exuberant and joyful, than Remi has ever seen him, but again, limited experiences. Still, it's quite infectious and the alchemist finds himself beaming up at the taller man as he waits for an explanation that he assumes is coming.

Tugging in an immediate breath at the mention of Frey, Remi's lashes flutter of his sea-glass gaze as he tilts his head skeptically. A movement only increased as Sunjata's already thick accent dissolves into something entirely unrecognizable. "Wha—" Remi hums, not wanting to interrupt, but not following at all until..

"Oh!" With a bright and boyish laugh, Remi looks down at the blue bird with a wide and understanding smile. Kneeling down the alchemist looks the bird up and down, humming appreciatively beneath his breath. Amazing! And Safrin did this, you said? He asks, responding silently.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He’s absolutely never this giddy. The man was all storm, all dark, stone, unmoving. But this? This was something else entirely. It turns him into something akin to a child receiving the first kind of good news a kid could get. And he’s far too excited to show it off. He fixes his translation through rushed air, just to get to the part where he can show the feathers, show the form. And when he does, with a cheeky grin on his face by his beak somehow, he looks up at Remi — surprised when he answers and the Alchemist’s lips don’t move.

Remi bends down and Sunjata hops a few steps closer to him, using his wings for balance and steadying himself, before he tilts his head up to the sea glass gaze of the Alchemist. Yeah! She did! He tells Remi with a hint of excitement deep within him, rumbling like a storm, like a flood through his bones. She, uh, kissed me and then reached into me — and when she pulled back, I was like this. He tries to rush through the first part, imagining it likely wouldn’t make his case much better based off of Remi’s closeness to Phoebe…

But gods, he kissed Safrin.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
You will find you are...less than graceful while walking. The alchemist chuckled, nosing crinkling as he watched Sunjata's wings splay from his sides for balance. Though the new-attuned wasn't doing a bad job of it, Remi knew from experience that birds were simply not made to walk. At least, not the kind that they were. Ducks and other bland fowl might be able to, but not talonned creatures like them.

Stunned into physical and mental silence as the mention of kissing Safrin is hastily rushed through, Remi's jaw drops open as he stares at the bird. I hope you realize how that sounds. The alchemist thought finally, his words punctuated with a boyish humour. She kissed you, and then reached in to you. Raising a brow, he shot his friend? a look.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Despite the help the Alchemist tells Sunjata, he can’t help but to give a somewhat beaky grin, a feeling of pride flowing through the bond between Remi and him – pride that it was the one thing he had already figured out. Hence the hops, right? It’s just… the wings flailed, and he has a bit too much pride for the navy plumes that danced around his body to focus on folding them and getting used to that.

But he can almost feel the surprise as it hits Remi, as silence overcomes the Alchemist despite Sunjata’s rushed words, trying to skip over the parts that could be a bit… Complicated and complex. And Sunjata pauses in his hops and wobbling of wings and feathers to tuck the wings in and tilt his head, an avian tilt to his head. And before he goes to conserve what image he has left, there’s a boyish humor that hits him.

I know how it sounds. He replies wryly, giving the Alchemist a very birdly look. I’m not exactly sure how to explain it beyond that. It felt like… She was holding my soul? Like she had held it in the palm of her hand and when she pulled back, I was like this. He explains, a bit better than he had before, he thinks. And decides it might be worth saying something. Given what you already know from Phoebe, thankfully Lusea won’t cut my dick off for this. It’s aimed as a joke, but something deep beneath it seems to make it almost have a true enough meaning. Lines were drawn, and deities weren't on it. At least Sunjata was honest enough when it came to those he cared about. Lusea already knew, regardless of what Phoebe planned to do.

Clacking his beak awkwardly, he glances toward the Alchemist beneath rings of gold. Don't exactly know how to fly just yet. A quiet admittance, full of hope.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi exhales a stream of air that causes his curls to bounce upwards from his forehead as he gives the bird a blank stare. Whether or not Lusea will cut his dick off for this is one thing, but, "..kissing a goddess though? Having her touch your soul? That certainly sounds...intimate." He says, unable to keep the laughter from colouring his words. So often as of late he's dealt with nothing but relationship problems, and though he doesn't want to laugh at Sunjata's expense, this level of craziness just begs for it.

"Then again, who are you to refuse her? You might have died if you did." He adds thoughtfully, giving his new friend an innocent wink.

"No? Care to learn?" Remi asks with a raised brow, feathers already sprouting in his curls. This time though they aren't from anxiety or bashfulness, but excitement.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh, if the Alchemist wishes to laugh at Sunjata’s expense, he will find it doesn’t take much for the new-Attuned to join in. The past is the past after all, and he knows what mistakes he’s made. He can either dwell on it, or deal with it. And he chooses to deal with it, as he turns his head slightly toward the Alchemist in quite an avian fashion, a beaky grin sent his way. Alright, fair enough. Perhaps I’ll leave some parts out. He admits with a chuckle sent Remi’s way, a surprisingly wry look sent toward him.

But he laughs when Remi mentions he might have died, wings rising and falling in a shrug. He might have. But he didn’t. And he finds himself quite lucky for that.

Soon though, he’s hopeful that Remi might get the suggestion through his voice at his admission of being unable to fly, and with his dark navy gaze he follows the sprouting of feathers with a nod of his whole body, excitement rampant within him to. If you’ve got the time, I’m ready! He jests, recalling Phoebe mentioning how busy the man usually was.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
With a roguish grin—an expression hes picked up from Ronin—the alchemist thinks back to how Phoebe described Lusea, and now Sunjata as well, and is silently grateful for Ronin's slow temper.

"You know, I could do with a fly myself. Come on—" So saying, Remi turns and stands, tugging open the door. He doesn't bother reaching for a jacket or a scarf as he won't need them in a moment. Still, he can't help but shiver as the cold winds rush against him. "After you." He says with a chuckle, waiting for Sunjata to hop his way through the door before closing it.

Shrinking down himself into a body not impressively large, but not small either, Remi appraises his companion with the heightened hawk's eyes he now has. You make me look quite boring, you know.y He thought with a chuckle; being blondish was uncommon for a hawk, but it was nothing compared to Sunjata's brilliant blues and golds.

The first thing, is...really to just quiet your mind so that your instincts can take over. Your body knows what to do, it is only when you try and manage things too much early on that things go badly. Spreading his wings, Remi gave a few experimental downwards strokes, hopping from foot to foot as if made buoyant.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Silently Sunjata thanks the gods for Remi taking some form of pity on him in regards to his shortcomings with his new form. Sure, the man would likely figure it out eventually, but perhaps should he dive straight into a snow bank by accident, it might be something entertaining for Remi to share with Phoebe at some point. Because honestly? With what he’s done, he wonders if Remi is genuinely willing to help him, or perhaps learning a bit more about the man that had managed to go and screw things up more than once.

Either way, he hops through the door the best he can, talon’s scratching against the wooden floor before he’s met with a gust of the chill winter air, fluffing his chest feathers in sapphire hues, revealing golden skin beneath. And soon enough, the Alchemist is beside him, commenting how small he was in comparison. A light hum of laughter leaves him from the bond and he fluffs his feathers a small amount. I stick out like a sore thumb, though, let’s be honest. A quick comment before Remi is instructing him, and he listens diligently.

Spreading his wings, he focuses on breathing deep and letting it take over, wings flapping a small amount to pick up the winter winds, the feeling of the cold sticking to the inside of his wings. And before he knows it, those instincts have mostly taken over, hopping him forward for a bounce or two, until his grey feet leave the ground, tucking in beneath him as he rises. Heilige kak! He thinks. The Korofi equivalent of “holy shit”.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
You do in your own body as well. Remi counters slyly. Indeed, he's never seen anyone quite so tall as Sunjata before. Of average height, build, and appearance, the alchemist can't imagine at all what it must be like to draw the sort of stares his counterpart does.

Not knowing the word but feeling the gist of it well enough through the bond, the hawk trills amusement into the winter air as he much more gracefully takes off. Do not look down. At first, where you look is where you will go. So saying the pale bird climbed a few meters in altitude before banking easily in a circle.

Keep your movements slow. You will find it takes far less muscle to move yourself as you are now.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The sensation of amusement is sent toward Remi at that comment. Something that’s definitely true here in Caido. Ah, only here though. I was quite average back home if you can believe that. He tells Remi – deciding that if Remi ever met Lusea that he might understand – the woman was tall as well, it was just… How it was, there. In fact, after coming to Caido he wasn’t used to how short many of them were. Especially when he met Rexanna, easily a foot overhead of her.

But they’re flying now, and his wings spread and he tries to breathe easier to let his wings and senses of this avian form take control. He listens to Remi’s instructions, and he looks toward the hawk – his body following, navy wings pumping against the cold snowy air. And he tries to even out when he reaches that height, wings remaining spread for the balance and the glide as he moves now. That’s probably the best news I’ve heard in a while. He jests back toward Remi, in response to using less muscles.

Gods knew he used quite a few any given day, especially with LongNight’s approach.
i'm out of my mind
SUNJATA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Well, you are certainly a big fish in this little pond. The alchemist trills back with a mental grin, meaning the words to imply more than Sunjata's height as a difference-maker.

With an easy flourish of amusement through their bond, the hawk nods. Poor big you. He laments playfully as he angles his wings to gain more altitude now that it appears his companion wont' simply fall from the sky. Another thing about being shifted, you cannot...die in this form. I suppose that is the best way to phrase it. If you are ever knocked unconscious, you will be thrown back into your own body. You might be hurt, but the weakness of this form will not ultimately be a determent in battle.

The hawk had learned that the hard way, having nearly been killed before, only to wake and find himself a man again with enough energy to get himself to safety. Still, he wished he'd known about that little trick before it had actually happened.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky