Peaceful Times
Oliver and Sunjata
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
With LongNight approaching soon, Oliver had taken to trying to find new things to do. It took a bit of scrounging around and doing some jobs, but he had acquired a nice pair of gloves to help out with the freezing cold. As well, he picked up some yarn. It seemed like something he had once interacted with, drawing him nearer. So, after helping to carry some boxes, he was given the yarn that wasn't exactly the best, but he was happy with whatever he could get. Of course, he probably could've asked for someone to magic in some, but he didn't care.

Instead, of messing around with his newfound yarn indoors like a normal person, Oliver had taken to wandering around. The snow on the ground did make it hard, but he brought a tattered and stained blanket with him. Someone had discarded it and gratefully, Oliver took it with him. It wasn't the wisest of decisions, but Oliver thought he'd be okay sitting outside for a couple of hours.

Soon, he had found himself in an unfamiliar location. It was wide and open and a small smile danced across his face. It was relaxing and seemed perfect. So, laying out the not so great blanket, he settled himself down. His gloved hands would proceed to mess around with the yarn, wrapping it around his fingers to try and figure out why he was drawn to it so much.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SuNjATA
the flood
Sunjata is never the most prepared when it comes to big events happening. And with Longnight approaching, he plans to change that somewhat. Lily had helped him attract more Luxere, and with it he decides that maybe he can spread Safrin’s name a bit more — look for her even in the daylight, and try to convince more Luxere to come and guard the temple and the monster hunters guild. It would be difficult, the creatures don’t particularly care for him that much, but at least he can try.

Bundled in plenty of furs, he seems far more put together than he had before — wounds have healed, scars have remained, but his hair is pushed back out of his steel eyes as he makes his way to the fields. It’s a place he hasn’t been before, but the wide open area feels more like home than anything else so far, and he finds he’s really craving the idea of peace and settling himself. He’s brought some snacks the Luxere like just in case, too, if he happens across any. Just in the off chance he does.

But he soon realizes as he trudges along the icy grasses, that he’s not alone. He can see the tuft of pale hair, familiar shape of his form, and a somewhat tattered blanket. Naturally, Sunjata changes his course, interested in seeing how Oliver is adjusting to this new world, new place, among the hubbub of Longnight’s approach. “Hey Ollie.” He calls out ahead of time, in order to not surprise the other man, a crooked smile on his face as he greets Oliver.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
The tangle of yarn was certainly distracting. Once he even had to pull off a glove to undo a knot. Still, Oliver felt like he was going absolutely nowhere with his yarn journey, which was very dejecting.

Luckily, a very familiar voice called out to him. With his eyebrows raising, he turned his body towards the sound of his voice. As soon as he spotted Sunjata, a grin appeared and he tried his best to wave to the other man, only to remember his hands were currently in a mess of yarn. Laughing he put his hands back down at his lap.

Sunjata was a nice sight to see. The man had been so helpful and kind to him, helping him to acclimate in so many ways without even directly interacting. Plus, hearing a nickname made Oliver feel so bubbly inside. So happy and made him blush a bit. He kinda wanted to call the other man by a nickname, but he was totally blanking. Sunny? Sun? Ta? All of them sounded pretty dumb. Oh well.

"Hey, Sunjata." He grinned at the other man. "Wanna join me? It's not the most comfortable, but it's better than nothing." Plus, Oliver would love to mooch just a small bit off of the furs. Body warmth was indeed a thing and man did those furs look great.

Looking at the other man he continued to fumble a little bit with  the yarn, not exactly paying too much attention to what he was doing. "How have things been going with you?" both in respect to his preparations for LongNight and just in general.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He’s not sure what Oliver has in his hands, but the makeshift wave to him brings him closer to see what he’s doing out here. Specifically all alone, as well. And when Oliver greets him with his full name, it’s a bit of a surprise — so used to the unfamiliar joining of words that most people called him by Jata, that he focuses on that as he sits beside the other man. “Sure. Also, you can call me Jata if it’s easier. The name can be a bit of a mouthful.” He admits with a quiet chuckle, steel eyes leaving Oliver for the yarn in his hands.

He continues to mess with it before his gaze lifts toward Sunjata and his own steel eyes flit back to him as he draws his knees up to rest his forearms against. “Eh, pretty good all things considered.” He notes with a wry smile before he shakes his head. He’s sure there’s plenty of time still to mention the whole shrine ordeal and his new shift, but not before overwhelming him too much. “I’m more interested in how you’re adjusting?” His head tilts slightly. “With Longnight and Deepfrost and all that.” A brief pause as he thinks. “You cold?” He adds after a moment, squinting a bit as he looks at Oliver to see that he’s not really wearing much with how ridiculously cold it is out here.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Once Sunjata had sat down, Oliver couldn't help but lean a small bit closer. Yeah, he probably shouldn't have gone outside if he knew he was going to be this cold, but he couldn't help himself. Oliver wanted to go outside as much as he possibly could before LongNight began. So, even if he was freezing his face off, he was going to go outside dammit. "Alright Jata, I can do that." Jata. It rolled off the tongue well. Oliver liked the nickname.

It made Oliver happy to know that Sunjata seemed to be doing well in his own life. The two hadn't exactly been able to talk too much recently, so it felt nice to just sit down alone with him. Talk with Jata without worries of anyone else eavesdropping or cutting into their conversation. Like friends would...huh.

There was a look of surprise on Oliver's face as Sunjata started to ask about him and how he was doing. Looking at the man with slightly wide eyes he thought for a bit, trying to figure out what to say and how to word it. "Well...you know. It's a lot." A lot had happened, certainly, and not all of it was going to be shared with Sunjata just yet. Maybe if they were close friends he'd mention some specific events. "I still cant remember jack shit, so that sucks. But you know, things are going well otherwise." He chewed his lip, trying to think of what to say. So many things were coming to mind.

"I am a bit cold, but I don't want you to be freezing." Oliver would be very happy if Sunjata were to share the warmth, but not if the other man would suffer if he did so. "I have met a couple of people though...everyone seems so nice and welcoming. So open and you know...it makes things easier."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He gives Oliver a slight nod, a roguish smile in response. Jata is by far easier than anything else. And nobody had even asked for his last name yet — the whole thing a jumble of vowels in the wrong spots, making the sounds come out odd and unique in this common tongue. But he doesn’t mind. Sometimes it’s easier to slip into the language of home, other times it’s easier in this one. Just depends on the person.

But when Oliver says it’s a lot, Sunjata puffs out a bit of a sigh, a whoosh of air in agreement with a nod as he looks ahead over the snow. “Yeah, it can be.” He agrees. It had been easy for him when he arrived. The middle of summer, of warmth, of sunshine and easy breezes to keep things cool. Winter? He decides he really hates the snow, first time seeing it in his life and all that. But Oliver mentions he still can’t remember much and Sunjata chuckles to that. “Hopefully it’ll come to you, or maybe you’ll find out some new things you like that you might not have before?” He suggests, deciding he’d rather keep his own memories rather than the possibility of forgetting them. It’s easier that way.

He doesn’t miss the way Oliver leans toward him, likely soaking up the heat when he asks if he’s cold. And he reaches up to pull a couple of the furs from his shoulders to offer them to the other man. “I won’t freeze.” He says by way of offering. He’s layered in quite a few varying layers, from furs to wool, to leather and anything he could find to keep the chill out. He’s prepared, at the very least.

Still, he nods lightly. “Yeah, it’s kind of shit to randomly appear here and have to figure things out on your own. Though I’m not sure if the Naturals do it out of the goodness of them or because they don’t want us to mess anything up.” It’s meant mostly as a joke, but there’s a truthful underlining before his steel eyes drift toward the sky, toward the clouds that part slightly. “But I think when Longnight’s over it’ll get easier.” He gives Oliver a bright smile, tilting his head back over to the other man.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The man shrugged and sighed. "Yeah...it's kinda coming to me, but nothing is genuine memories. It's like, I remember little small pieces of things? But never anything that really feels substantial or helps me to know who I am." It was all useless crap, like how he used to buy something that reminded him of yarn. Or that's what he's interpreting those thoughts as.

"You wanna know what's some weird shit? APPARENTLY, I have tattoos! I didn't even remember them! I'm just you know, doing my own thing, putting on the new clothes that Remi gave me and wham. Tattoos." it was super random, but it showed just how confused Oliver currently was. He barely even remembered getting them.

Oliver shook his head and gladly accepted the offer, taking the furs from Sunjata. The larger one was wrapped around his shoulders and the other was placed on his legs. "Thank you." His voice came out quiet and relaxed, showing Oliver's comfort levels around Sunjata.

"Cant say if I've met a natural, got no idea." The man gave a light shrug, one that showed he wasn't too stressed about the thought. "I know you've helped me out a ton and you're just like me." The smile on his face was genuine, it showed his true appreciation for the other man.

"I sure hope this shit will get easier soon. I'm not exactly looking forward to LongNight...have you been through it before?"
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He listens to Oliver’s explanations of his memories, nodding along despite not understanding what it’s like. Sure, he never really elaborated on his own memories in his time here, not until recently with Lusea’s return. It had been… too painful to recall, too frustrating to relive and think about. In Oliver’s case? It must be frustrating as well, but in a different way. “Hmm.” A quiet comment, unsure how to expand off of it. More might come to him as the days go on, but Sunjata doesn’t want to be too repetitive after all.

So instead, his head tilts toward Oliver as he mentions he has tattoos, a brow raised in surprise and a hum of laughter leaving his throat. “Gods, you want to remember the endless buzzing? That would be one I could forget.” A crooked smile crosses his face at that. For the tattoos he has, they are quite large and cover both shoulders and the sides of his neck. It had taken quite a bit of time to get them all done, and he’s sure he might have lost his mind with the constant drone of the tattoo needles as time went on.

In mock show, he shudders slightly as he recalls it.

But Oliver takes the furs and Sunjata nods in response to his thank you. The newly Attuned man isn’t going to freeze without those furs, and finds he’s still rather content in the layers he does wear. As he listens, though, he idly reaches up to rub at the scar on the side of his neck, snaking down from behind his ear, along his neck, to where it hides beneath the bundles of furs. “Everyone is kind of dealing with how this world works now. It’s been an adjustment from all parties involved, I’m sure.” He rumbles softly, thoughtfully, before he shakes his head. “But that being said, kindness goes a long ways here.” And while Sunjata hasn’t always been kind, he’s always benefited people that helped him in the long run.

He contemplates Oliver’s question for a few moments before deciding how to respond to it. “I haven’t, no. I came through a couple seasons ago. But with how serious everyone makes it seem, I’m not trying to take any of it lightly.” He shrugs, looking back over toward Oliver. “Do you know where you will be staying, yet?
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
As Sunjata started to talk about 'endless buzzing' Oliver couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Honestly....that just clears things up even more" He ran a hand through his hair before continuing. "So I have piercings, right? I knew both involved needles. I remembered the idea of pain but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the tiny little memory was of. I remembered a needle, not really buzzing, so I guess that's my piercings." Oliver figured that he too once experienced the buzzing. It sounded familiar, but zero memories came up at the thought of it. So that was great.

Oliver continued to readjust the furs ever so slightly, making sure that the coldest parts of his body were the ones that remained covered up, plus he still could lean up to Sunjata just a little bit. The man hadn't said anything so hopefully it was alright. With a nod, he spoke. "Well, thank you for your kindness? It meant a lot to me, really." Hopefully Jata knew how much it truly meant to him.

"Well...I think I'm going to the temple? As nice as Remi was, I should probably stay there. Especially considering how much work I put into you know, repairing it." Not to mention he was going to be staying with Loren in the manor and he could only assume that's where Loren would be staying during LongNight.

"What about you? If you haven't decided yet, I know I'd be super happy if you came to join me? We could deal with LongNight together." It wasn't really flirty, more like he just wanted to spend more time with Sunjata. He was one of the closest things he had to a friend and well, Oliver didn't like the idea of spending LongNight with people he didn't even know the names of. One familiar face that he knew treated him right would be fantastic. Incredible even.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
A small crooked smile is sent Oliver’s way at his laugh, the mention of the buzzing of a tattoo gun something that’s entirely worth forgetting. And he listens, as Oliver continues on, of mentioning piercings – a thing that Sunjata had never undergone, but he nods along as if he still understood regardless. “I would think that it is.” His voice is amused when he says this, another light hum of laughter leaving him before he shakes his head – not minding that the other man leans into him for warmth, though he’s not sure why.

Likely because it reminds him of huddling up with the many rebels on rooftops, when the rain poured and kept everything wet and cold, where you needed to absorb everyone’s body heat – if only to keep your hands warm enough to pull the trigger of a gun. But this wasn’t Korofi, and instead he was surrounded by snow.

And he nods to Oliver in response to the kindness. “I’m glad.” He offers quietly, shooting his glance over toward Oliver when asked where he plans on staying. He’s not prepared for the deluge of information, but he nods along with understanding, at least until the part where Oliver asks him to stay at the Temple, and his smile falters slightly. “Ah, well, I think Lusea and I plan on going to the Monster Hunter’s Guild.” He shrugs lightly, hoping it doesn’t bother Oliver too much with the movement.

It should be a pretty even spread of people across either sides, but, there’s certain people I have to keep my distance from and one of them will be at the Temple I imagine.” Because while Sunjata thought it might be likely Phoebe would want to stay with Remi, it made more sense for the midwife to remain near the Infirmary, near her college. And Sunjata hopes he’s right in that regard, that he won’t be cooped up for a whole week with Lusea and Phoebe.

He gives a small apologetic smile toward Oliver before puffing out a bit of air. “It’s easier that way, as much as I’d like to soothe your worries.” He hums playfully, a jest to the other man.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
"Kinda wish I could somewhat remember getting my tattoos, maybe then I'd even know what they mean." Or what they are. One of them he couldn't really remember what it was. He was able to figure out that it was something that flew...and that's about it. Call him stupid, but Oliver couldn't exactly remember every single animal that once lived in his old world.

Someday he'd be able to ask someone, maybe sketch them out from memory or show them himself. However, they were currently outside and Oliver wasn't about to shed any clothing that covered him. Sunjata would just have to wait if he wanted to see any of Oliver's tattoos.

Sunjata continued to speak on, talking about his own personal plans for LongNight. As he confessed to Oliver that he wouldn't be going to the temple, a frown appeared on the blonde's face. For one, why did Sunjata have to keep his distance from anyone? Was he in trouble? Did someone hate him? Oliver couldn't exactly understand how one person that disliked Sunjata could prevent him from going to the temple. Of course, it could be something else, but no matter what Oliver was unhappy with the situation.

"Are you sure you cant join me? I mean...maybe I could talk with them? You'll have to talk to those people eventually, right? So no point in constantly avoiding them." Oliver had figured out how small their community was. It wasn't exactly easy to constantly avoid people. He kept running into people he had met previously. Eventually, Sunjata and this rude person would meet and they couldn't do anything about it.

"Is there anything I can do? I know it'd mean  a whole lot to me if you came, plus it could be nice for me to meet Lusea."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He considers Oliver’s words for a brief moment, thinking back to the time he had gotten the ink to his skin. “They don’t really need to have a meaning. The meaning to mine came after.” He admits with a wry smile. The wings had just… been a symbol of freedom after a time, that the man had so desperately craved. And the compasses were added after, later when he had ensured that the point to those ones were Lusea. And indeed, when she stood in front of him in those revolution meetings, the north always pointed to her. It was made and inked onto him for her.

But that’s neither here or there, and instead he explains a roundabout away of his avoidance of a specific midwife, much to Oliver’s dismay. But it’s not under the idea that the blonde man has, and he shakes his head with a light chuckle. Perhaps if Oliver thought Sunjata was his friend, the least Jata could do is explain the situation in a way that makes sense, and why it’s best for him to keep his distance.

He looks over at Oliver with a tilt to his head as he pauses. “No, it’s not… like that.” He rumbles with a light half smile. “You don’t need to do anything. It was a kind of vow I made to stay away. And I have to keep it.” He says as easily as he can. A vow to both Phoebe and Lusea, in a way.

It’s complicated. And she’d probably do better that I’m not there.” Plus the idea of sticking in bird form all Longnight didn’t seem that appealing to him “But I’m sure you’ll meet Lusea eventually. You can’t miss her.” He says, giving him a wink and a roguish grin.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The reassurance about Oliver's tattoos did help him to feel better, ever so slightly. Oliver just wished he knew the story behind them. "Yeah, you have a point. Hopefully one of you guys will know what they are. I know one is a rose...the others? Barely any idea." It made him feel pretty stupid. Something he cared enough about to get tattooed had simply been wiped clean from his memory. Fantastic.

Oliver certainly was not happy when Sunjata continued to speak about the reasons why he couldn't join him at the temple. However, he remained extraordinarily vague. Speaking about vows and shit like that. What kind of vow was made to prevent him from being safe during LongNight? It's a good thing the Guild was open, otherwise it'd be a massive middle finger to the man. Telling him to enjoy spending a week in eternal darkness.

The look on Oliver's face showed his frustration, but he tried to hide it. "That....that sucks." He shook his head. "Not meeting Lusea. I mean the whole situation.". Oliver felt that he needed to add clarification to his extremely vague statement. He both wanted to rant about why he wanted to have Jata around, but he also felt like that could make the man feel even worse about the promise thing. Or whatever he made.

"Just..." He let out a dramatic groan and ran a hand through his hair, messing it up a bit. "I really wanted to spend it with you, really. I mean. Remi also would have been nice to spend it with, but I knew already he'd be with his husband at the Guild...I don't know." Oliver didn't want to guilt trip the man, so he quickly added on to his statement. "You will be safe....right? And I will be too?" That wasn't exactly what his mind was telling him to say, but it was better than him continuing on with his frustrations.

This was all so complicated for his mind to really figure out how and what to say.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
A hum of laughter leaves him as he nods to Oliver. Sunjata doesn’t know many things from other worlds (the man didn’t even know what snow was before arriving here, let alone creatures of another world) but he can certainly try. But the conversation shifts, edging toward the preparations of Longnight and where the two respective men would be staying, and Sunjata tightens his arms a small amount on his knees as they remain raised near his chest.

Perhaps he’s being a little too vague, but there’s a certain awkwardness when telling someone the fact that you aren’t exactly the most loyal of partners, despite having a golden history of it. Caido had changed him, and with it the blight had likely taken a roll in derailing his success. He mentions that it sucks, and Sunjata nods in agreement, before exhaling a plume of warm air – the chill to the world around them making it a puffy white cloud for a moment before it disperses.

And Oliver continues on, to which the newly Attuned is quiet and withdrawn as Oliver lays out what he wanted, a dramatic groan included that somehow manages to quirk the corner of his lip up in a half smile as he focuses on Oliver with his steel gaze. “I will be. I’m sure you will be too.” An accented rumble paired with that half smile is sent Oliver’s way before Sunjata looks out over the snow once more, along the fields and the wide expanse.

Besides, the Temple has all the healer things. It’s probably safer to be there.” He adds with a light shrug. “Spent a bit of time in that college too, Phoebe has it stocked well.” A deep inhalation before he looks back over toward Oliver with a small amount more seriousness to his look. “And perhaps I should tell you a bit more… detailed, in terms of why I can’t go to the Temple.” His head tilts a brief moment as he contemplates where to even start with this mess.

For starters, Lusea is from my world, from my home. Korofi. And we met… when I was twenty? Nineteen? It was awhile ago, but anyway, we ran together for a few years and things were good. Great even, on most days. But then we were captured, and my father had her killed. Not even minutes after that, my father had me in an arranged marriage for something beneficial as he put it.” There’s a small snort that leaves him, but his look remains serious, somewhat shadowed. “And eventually, I ran. Made it out for a few years before I arrived here and just… Kind of moved on. So I started dating Phoebe, the midwife here. And things in that regard were good. But I’m shit at opening up to people and telling people things about myself, yet she managed to unearth all this stuff about Lusea and my life, and then one day, Phoebe brings home someone who just arrived like you did, from the Spire.” His gaze focuses a bit harder.

And it was Lusea. What had been three years for me had been seconds for her. She had died, and then she was here.” He explains, arms still tight around his knees as if he can remember the glass he had dropped when he looked at her, when she had looked at him. Time had stopped still in that moment. And somehow, Sunjata had managed to go and fuck that whole thing up eventually too. “So Phoebe left, and Lusea was back to me. But the whole situation was a bit… fucked up.” A wry smile crosses his face as he inhales and rubs at the scar on his neck again, trailing it up to his temple as he looks away from Oliver.
a little rebellion
now and then
is a good thing