Bigger, Better, Stronger
For Remi
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
R O N I N

"Oh." Well, what else did one say when a lobster clamped her claw around your nose? He arched an eyebrow across at Remi and grinned, shrugging his shoulders. "It's alright," he said, the little creature still attached to his face. "It's only a lobster. Don't like 'em? This one seems pretty sweet." Carefully extracting his nose, the ex-captain straightened up, scooping the crustacean into his hands to gaze at it questioningly. It wasn't turning back.

Ronin couldn't help it, a chuckle rising up in his chest before it turned into near helpless laughter, and he shook his head to Remi. "You turned my Echo into a lobster," he said. "Not exactly what I had in mind, but still impressive."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

"Pretty sweet." Remi repeated, sounding and looking incredulous. It was a bizarrely shaped, primary-red-coloured bug that seemed to defy what little the alchemist knew of physics and the types of bodies creatures would and should grow into. It looked like someone had taken a very small insect and suddenly quadrupled its size.

And Ronin was calling it sweet?

Gulping and running a hand through his hair, Remi suddenly looked abashed and upset. "I had no idea...I didn't even think I could.." Shaking his head and sounding impossibly confused, Remi raised his hands and then let them fall helplessly back to his sides. "I will try and make this up to you–" But how?

Breathing deeply, Remi looked down at the counter where the echo had once been. Concentrating so hard that his vision blurred for a moment, a near perfect replica of the echo suddenly appeared.

Near perfect except for the fact that, you know, it wasn't magical. Looking at it, Remi picked it up and tried to make it say something.

It didn't.

With a sigh, Remi rubbed at his eyes with one hand. "I am so sorry Ronin."

remi
At another place in time, you were infinitely mine
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
R O N I N

"Might want a bit of practice with that magic of yours, huh?" Ronin said, still grinning to the other man and barely able to keep his laughter in check. Meanwhile, Echo - now a lobster - had clambered up his arm to perch on his shoulder, one massive claw clamped gently around the shell of his ear. If Ronin noticed or minded, he didn't say - he was more concerned with how guilt-ridden Remi seemed to be about it.

Stepping forward, he patted the alchemist on the shoulder, watching with a raised eyebrow at the copy of his device that appeared, not that it did anything. "Remi, it's just an item. And now it's a lobster. No one got hurt, yeah?" He smiled sunnily. "Shit happens - I'm sure my luck will balance out, besides." Echo seemed to agree, clacking her free claw at Remi.

"If you want to make it up to me, we'll head to the Rathskeller after you close shop and you can get me a drink. How does that sound?" He winked.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Remi watched with silent horror as Echo - aka the space bug – sideled up Ronin’s arm and shoulder as if this was some age-old ritual between the two. As one claw scooped up the Captain’s ear, the alchemist gave an involuntary shudder.

“You aren’t wrong about that. “ The alchemist agreed sheepishly. Though now that he had used his magic a bit, it was hard to know whether or not he wanted to continue. The only one with powers resembling these was Loren ... and of course the magician had been scarce as of late, leaving Remi feeling like this new journey was something he was going to have to face alone.

Ronin’s jovial interpretation of what had just happened made Remi chuckle despite himself. “It was an item and now it is a lobster.” Running a hand through his curls, Remi grinned and shook his head. “Perhaps I am just more powerful than we thought, hmm?”

Ronin’s offer was a good one indeed, as indicated by Remi’s slanted but eager smile. “A drink? And what if it suddenly becomes a fish?” The alchemist mused, wiggling his fingers as if transmutation was a power he could just turn off and on now.

remi
At another place in time, you were infinitely mine
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

If anything, Remi's horror at the newly lobstered Echo only made Ronin enjoy the transmutation all the more, and he allowed the crustacean to keep his ear captive as they spoke. "Well, if you need to practice any more, I'm sure there are a lot of non-magical items lying around for you to turn into lobsters." He winked at the alchemist. And whilst Ronin had no access to magic himself, he was more than happy to help as best he could.

"I don't know what you mean - I always knew you were this powerful, Remi." Ronin straightened up, turning the collar up on his coat so Echo was just a couple of oversized claws poking from one side of it.

A drink, then. Ronin was thoroughly looking forward to it, in fact, and he snorted at the hawk's wiggling fingers. "Turn my drink into a fish and I'll slap you with it, Remi," he assured him warmly. "Either way, it's a date." Here he offered the other man a mischievous wink. "I'll swing by when you close up shop. Be good, yeah?"

The former captain offered a wave (and Echo snapped her claw at him goodbye) before he turned to leave the shop. No, he didn't have his item any more, but he didn't seem to mind too much.

{END THREAD}

RONIN
JUST WATCH ME