Who I Want to Be (Open)
Open Luxere singing
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?

Without the tasks he got from the Loreseeker's guild (he certainly wasn't doing any work for them, not with the current state of his relationship with Jigano) or his shop, which he had decided to re-open in Flowerbirth, Sam had little to do until Longnight other than help the Ascended. Wessex had asked him to sing for the Luxere in the hopes of bringing them close to protect people, so he set out in the morning with a bag of vegetables and fruits, hoping to find some.

He had sung in the woods, in the fields - he had eventually found two Luxere who were very interested not only in his song, but in the apples he gave them (possibly mostly in the apples). Slowly he walked back to the town, giving them a snack and humming every so often to keep their attention.

At the doorway to the temple he paused, singing softly under his breath more out of habit now, stroking the head of one of the gentle beasts. Their magical antlers were valuable, and he knew that they would help during Longnight, but he couldn't help feel a little guilty for taking them from their homes. Still, it would be good for people and maybe if they knew an Ascended did it...it might help public perception.

Petting the two Luxere, he sang an old folk song he had once translated from a book in the Atheneum, guessing at the tune:

"I pass all my hours in a shady old grove,
But I love not the day when I see not my love:
I survey ev'ry walk now my Phyllis is gone,
And sigh when I think we were there all alone;
O then 'tis, O then that I think there's no Hell
Like loving too well.
"
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?