Training swingy swingy hit hit (open)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Okay. Maybe Oliver had absolutely no idea what he was doing, but man did he have a lot of nervous energy right now. He wanted to go outside, run around, do literally anything! But alas, LongNight had begun and there wasn't really anything available for him to do.

So instead he had taken the time to find a secluded part of the Temple, one where he wouldn't be a bother to others and would have enough space to do what he had planned. He had brought his sack of belongings with him as well. As trustworthy as he could be, Oliver didn't feel too good about leaving behind absolutely everything to get stolen. He had so few things that what he did have was cherished and held dear, after all he only really had a couple of things to his name.

With the basic staff in hand, Oliver flipped it around. Making small circles with it and occasionally needing to grab it with his non-dominant hand to prevent from dropping it. For now, he was just kind of aimlessly twirling it, not exactly sure what he was supposed to do with it. Really, he just wanted to burn off all his energy, maybe figure out how to actually use it and be, well, useful. Loren did say he should learn to protect himself and worry about not dying during LongNight, might as well combine those into one.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
james
smoking kills

“Y’ever handled one of those before?” Leaning against the wall, James watched the younger man twirling his wood around, with a serpentine gaze. One brow raised, the thief pushed himself off of the wall and and stalked closer, his movements lazy and intentional. The young abandoned might catch glimpses of his many tattoos, the shine of the rings on his fingers; or perhaps he’d be distracted by the tattered clothing the snake wore, or just how thin he was. All of those of course, was merely part of his charm, as was his musical accent.

“Yer not meant to just man handle it like that lad.” The thief added, offering Oliver a suggestive bounce of his thick eyebrows. “Unless yer both into that a’course, but from here, looks a wee bit like a boy flailing about with this cock for the first time.” So saying, the snake mimed out an awkward masturbatory exercise, jitterying his legs and of course pantomiming an absurdly large penis.

but so does love.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
As soon as Oliver heard the sound of another person talking, he stopped twirling around the staff and turned to look at the other man. His face was flush, a bit surprised that someone had actually cared to notice his...fun times. Blinking at the other man, he expected...something? The conversation started out normal enough. A simple conversation starter, being asked if he had any idea what he was doing.

Then it shifted. It was something completely different. Watching the man's mannerisms and even looking him over, Oliver's face started to redden. Was he embarrassed by being called out? Or were the man's words causing him to react in this way? It'd be hard to tell. It was safe to say: Oliver felt something and he knew that he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

It was a bit hard to respond, especially when James threw in a jab about him looking like he was masturbating for the first time. Pitifully masturbating for the first time. Did he...really look that bad? Oliver thought he was doing decently well...

"Well, no, actually." The blonde attempted to put on a face and voice of confidence, but his voice seemed to fail him slightly. His eyes showed bravery, but the redness and sound of his voice said otherwise. "How's about you teach me? Since you seem far more experienced than me." Buttering him up to try and gain some knowledge. Maybe it'd work...maybe.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
james
smoking kills

Grinning, the older man crossed his arms as the younger tried to bullshit his way out of looking like the train wreck he was. Only you couldn't bullshit a bullshiter, and hot damn if James wasn't the best around.

"What's that? Flattery?!" James' accented lilt pitched up with mock horror as if the idea of being anything other than an upstanding chap was preposterous. He wasn't though. He was a low-down scraggly thief, but as it was he was also quite bored, what with being locked in and all. Why not.

"Lesson one, little one—" Reaching out, the snake would politely request Oliver's staff by swiping it from him if he could. Then, with lavish amounts of sensuality, he'd rub his cheek against it, fingers definitely working at it as if it were indeed a cock. "—you've got to treat yer weapons with respect." Sticking out his tongue and making a whole show of making out with the staff, with a lightning-swift movement he'd thrash it out and try and snap it against Oliver's shin.

"Then it's really just a bunch of flailin' about and trying to get the pointy-bit where you want it." He trilled with a lascivious laugh, the sexual innuendos apparently never ceasing.

but so does love.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Ah. So the unnamed man had noticed his flattery. Oliver could tell he was playing around, being dramatic on purpose, rather than actually being genuine. He liked the theatrics, somewhat. It felt nice to have someone joking around rather than being constantly monotone like some people he had met recently.

Since the man wasn't an absolute dick, and the staff costed him basically nothing, Oliver handed over the staff and eagerly waited to be taught. What actually happened was pretty much the opposite. Instead of being shown how he could hold the staff properly or something, the man started to make out with it. The face that Oliver formed was a mix of surprise and confusion, unsure if he should find it humorous or be concerned that the man was kissing the staff after having no idea where it's been.

He was so distracted that when he was whacked in the shin, he let out a small yelp of surprised and jumped back. The hit hadn't been hard enough to cause him to lose his balance, but damn if it didn't sting just a small bit. Glancing down at the shin before looking back up, Oliver lowered his eyebrows.

"Isn't that what I was already doing? Flailing around? You just missed the part with the, what words did you use? Pointy bit?" Oliver still wanted to learn how to use it...or at least how to be useful.

"How's about you actually teach me something useful. If you can tell, I'm not exactly...useful. I know jack shit. I need to learn how to protect myself. If you do, I could repay you somehow." As in give the other man the staff since he seems so god damn attracted to it.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"Did I miss that part?" James asked with a skeptical titter. From what it looked like to him, Oliver was practice some heroic bullshit he'd probably read in a book or so. All fancy footwork, and hyyyyah! You know. The sort of shit that would get you killed in a real fight.

Leaning against the staff the snake gave Oliver another slow luxuriating once over. "Right well. Lesson one, no one gives a rat's arse about how you look. Worry 'bout keepin' all yer bits where they belong, not lookin' cool." So saying, the snake struck a dramatic pose; he might have been on the cover of a romance novel if not for his entirely scraggly-ass appearance. "I look real good yeah?" Obviously it was rhetorical because obviously he did. "But jus'look at all this exposed skin and whatnot." So saying he gestured to his puffed-out chest and how his spread legs would easily allow for a right-good smack to the block and tackle.

"So here y'go." Throwing the staff back at Oliver, the thief grinned. "Go on. Hit me. If you can." It was hammed up and playful and probably not at all useful or helpful, but fuck if there was anything else better to be doing.

but so does love.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Okay...maybe Oliver was over exaggerating and wasn't exactly fighting like he was supposed to, but he was trying his best. There was only so much he could do when trapped inside a building. If he were at the Monster Hunter's Guild maybe he could get some proper lessons and not make a total fool of himself, but instead he's here with a dude who liked to make out with sticks.

The way the man looked him up and down only confused Oliver more. He wanted to know what he thought more than anything. The man already proved to be very sexual in nature, so were his glances equal to that? Or was it more of an 'oh I'm going to size you up so I can see how to train you'. Oliver knew he wasn't exactly a Sunjata when it came to body build, but he could fight too! Raising an eyebrow at the man, Oliver made a particular comment on the other's appearance. "I see a lot more than exposed skin." Though, he didn't look half bad..."I don't think a ton of rings are gonna help you grasp the staff any better." He even threw in a wink at his own attempt at an innuendo.

It was a bit hard to catch the staff as he had to use both hands, but Oliver quickly maneuvered his hands around the weapon, trying to find the best way and places to hold it. He gave the man a once over, contemplating where exactly he should hit. Then, wordlessly, with as much force and speed as he could, Oliver swung at the other mans right thigh. He had no idea if that was the best place to hit him, but he was trying.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

“Oh pervert.” The snake trilled as if offended. Raising a finger to rub circles over one nipple, he then waggled it at the younger man. “Just because I’m dressed like this doesn’t mean I’m askin’ for it.” He added with a knowing and haughty nod. #feminism #notaskingforit #stillnotaskingforit “Oh?” As Oliver caught the staff, the snake gave a lazy clap of approval. “Why don’t you and your staff come a wee bit closer and we’ll see what these fingers can grab?” He taunted mischievously.

As Oliver swung, instead of darting away, James turned his ass right into the attack letting it thwack him on the right butt cheek. With a gasp as if surprised by this, the thief covered his mouth with a hand and shot Oliver a dirty look. “Cheeky! “ He laughed, before straightening. “Count that as lesson two. If you’re gonna get hit, make sure it’s somewhere y’can take the beating.” Though he was obviously making this all up on the spot, it wasn’t that bad as far as advice goes.

“Right. Go again.” Striking up some absurd mock Kung-fu stance, James gave Oliver that Neo come hither finger-motion.

but so does love.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
If James had flirted with Oliver when he first arrived then he would've been an absolute mess. Maybe it was his sudden growth in confidence, maybe he had gotten used to acting like he knew what he was doing, or maybe he simply had gotten used to the idea of being flirted with. Either way, Oliver was actually able to respond in a...semi correct way. Looking James up and down, Oliver smiled slightly. His voice had an air of playfulness, like he might've been not completely serious. However, the look on his face did show that he was being truthful to some capacity. "Me and my staff with come closer...after you teach me how to fight." And yes, he did throw in a dramatic pause. "I'm sure those fingers can wait. Besides, good things come to those who wait." He even threw in a wink in the end of that. Oliver felt pretty damn proud of himself for managing to do that.

...Maybe he's just super horny.

But alas, he didn't seem to be doing as well in the whole hit hit aspect of things. His hit did land...but on the other's ass. It also didn't seem to be all that effective. Fantastic.

Okay. So Oliver didn't always make the best decisions in life. He learned anywhere around the other's midsection was out of the game...and he was too nice to use the stick in the crotch. So left him with two options: lower leg or upper body. The head seemed like a way to cause a concussion and a new feud, so instead Oliver opted for the latter. Still, his indecisiveness showed and it was most likely rather easy to anticipate his next movements because of this.

So, Oliver swung the staff once more with the same amount of strength and force, aiming for the other man's left knee. He'd try to follow it all the way through, rather than doing just a simple light tap.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

James had been a filthy scoundrel his entire life. Flirting was basically his first language really, especially seeing as how it hadn't been his mother's tit's that he'd suckled upon to make him the big strong boy he was today. Raising a brow and pretending to study Oliver for a moment, the snake tipped his head back and laughed musically for a moment. "Do good things come to those who wait?" The snake mused out loud. "Or is that just a bit of shit that really boring people tell themselves?" Flashing the a'fore mentioned rings with a dazzling flourish, James grinned. "Now had you said that good things cum to those who wait, well now..." The thief paused, "..I'd have told you that was shit as well." He added with another laugh.

As it was the kid was both faster and stronger than the snake. Given all of his tolerances were built up in drugs and alcohol and..well, nothing else really, as Oliver swung he did indeed hit. Dramatically James dropped to the floor, leg splayed. "AHHHHHHHHHHHH." The snake stage-screamed, bending his body over his clearly broken leg and moaning something dreadful. "Jaysus, I think you've broken it! And it was my favourite knee too! Come're give us a look, would you?"

but so does love.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Ah. Of course. Oliver should've expected that this was more of a joke than an actual flirt. He wasn't too bothered, of course. He had other people to pay attention to. Besides. it was simply amusing to see how the man behaved. The way he carried himself and spoke. It was extremely amusing and Oliver couldn't help but smile, even when he went on a small tangent. "I'm sorry that you like to have things immediately, but I personally think it's better to wait." He didn't sound angry or offended in the slightest. Judging by the playful tone and look in the blonde's eyes, he was in a very happy mood. It was nice to have someone so rambunctious, it helped to make LongNight not feel as shitty.

Then things went south. Showing that he was a drama queen, much like a hognose snake would behave when frightened, the man before him dropped to the ground, almost writhing in 'pain'. Oliver wasn't sure if he should laugh or be concerned. He hadn't really hit him that hard, plus he could've went for the head. That would've shut him right up. But Oliver was too kind to try and cause a concussion, especially when he had hardly even learned anything.

Foolishly, Oliver took a few steps closer, now standing right next to him. Peering down at the man, Oliver couldn't help but put on a grin. The theatrics caused him to bring out a more happy and open side. It felt...great. "Dear me...you did tell me to hit you... Oliver then began to tsk, shaking his head. Just by hearing him speak, he was playing around, putting on a mock serious tone. However, he couldn't hide the smile, no matter how hard he tried. "I guess we will have to put you in a cast or maybe even" He gasped "amputate it!"
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Then again, I'm more than a bit sure I could have you beggin' rather than waitin'." James added with a suggestive bob of his eyebrows before his expression dissolved into a charming grin.

"Amputate?!"" James trilled, his dramatic overtures growing even more so. It would seem the kid wasn't going to be so easily fooled, so the snake merely huffed as if in pain as he looked up at Oliver. With his arms splayed behind him, the thief tried to reach up as quickly as he could to grab a handful of Ollie's pants somewhere around the thigh. Yanking down, he hoped the surprise would be enough to upset the younger man's balance and send him staggering backwards, or, preferably, to the ground.

but so does love.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
"Oh I'd like to see you try." Oliver had doubts that the man really could be all that effective. He was a bit too motivated in trying to learn how to properly defend himself. For once, he didn't want to get down with another man. Rather, he really just wanted to feel safe, secure. If that meant missing out on some dick? Oh well. Besides, if the man really was that eager, he'd probably be alright with waiting.

Back to more important matters. The blonde quickly caught on to the other's game. He was being very, very dramatic. Why? Oliver had no idea. Maybe it was more flirting or maybe the man was simply incapable of properly displaying any emotions that weren't him being outrageously funny. Oliver didn't mind too much. He wasn't sure how much he was exactly learning, but hopefully he'd get something out of this.

Oliver was so deep in his thoughts, clearly, that he didn't even notice the quick hand that grabbed at his pants to yank him to the ground. Oliver was basically a deer on ice already,so this small action was enough to bring him off of his balance. Flailing a bit with the stick he let out a yelp as his body fell forward towards the ground. With a loud thump, his body hit the ground. The man let out a groan and let go of the staff, allowing it to roll a bit away from his body. "Now what"
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
James Aiféala

Change author:
james
smoking kills

"Bet you would." The thief chortled back with a generous bob of his brows. However as Oliver easily tumbled to the ground, the snake scrambled to his feet and then tried to position himself ontop of the smaller and younger man, a triumphant grin on his face.

"Well, now you lose, I'd say."" James noted, leaning forward and running a hand through Oliver's curls as if to display just how helpless the other man was. James might not weigh a ton, but he did weigh more than Oliver. "Lesson three poptart, keep your sympathy and curiosity for after the fight, lest you find yourself arse up like ye' are now."

but so does love.