my chemical bromance
for Jata <3
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
pretty good at bad decisions
Sat in the main sanctuary of the temple in one of the small alcoves, James had his feet up on the wall and his head lolling down over the side of the cushioned bench-seating. He was infinitely bored having seen almost no monsters here and was very nearly ready to head out onto his own.

That was until he saw him.

As Jata strolled by coming or going from (or to) gods knew where, James nearly fell off of his make shift bed. "You're huge mate—" The snake called out in a musical accent rife with shock and appreciative mischief. "I mean,  I'm sure y'get that all the time, but jaysus." Still upside down—it was entirely possible Jata would just walk away after all—the snake merely shook his head with a grin on his gaunt face, moss-coloured eyes alight with intrigue.
not super into giving a shit

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
I've got more wit, a better kiss, a hotter touch, a better fuck
than any boy you'll ever meet,
It’s likely that he’s probably heading past to the Rathskeller for yet another drink, finding that the only ways to cope with being down here were antagonizing monarchs or getting blatantly drunk, and so far it’s worked pretty well. At least, until he’s attracted the attention of a stranger, his own boots scuffing along the ground, empty glass in hand, listening just enough to hear the comment. And of course he knows it’s about him.

Who else could it be?

Slate eyes drift toward James, his steps pausing by the makeshift bed, a snort leaving him and roguish grin crossing his face. “I do get that all the time.” He announces, his own voice quite different in its accent versus the other man. His head tilts lightly as if the alcohol has just allowed him to realize that he’s still upside down. “You wanna get a drink? It’s fucking dreadful in here.” He asks, shaking his empty glass as if it’s action enough to get the strangers attention.
sweetie, you had me
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
James Aiféala

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Ah! And he's a right mind-reader too!" The thief chortled. Shifting out of the bed, which mostly included rolling to the side, nearly falling out and awkwardly righting himself like a new born deer. Not nearly as tall, but taller than his spindly frame and upside down face might have implied, the thief sauntered over with a devilish green. Wearing naught but a pair of leather pants and a shawl draped around his shoulders, the snake winked up at the taller man. "Y'could go on the road made. You'd make a killing." James said with a knowing nod, possessing all the charm of a man more than ready to be this man's manager on this side hustle.

"Th'girls would love you. Though, pretty as y'ar, the fellas, well.." Frowning comically and giving a hey what can you do shrug, the snake sighed. "Well I imagine they're a titch intimidated, y'know?"

Patting his pockets to look for his cigarettes only to realize he had no pockets and thus no smokes, he shrugged it off mildly as they wandered towards the Rathskeller. "Don't sound like you're from 'round here. You one of them Outlander folks?"

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
If he’s being totally honest, anytime is a good enough time to drink. And it seems James agrees with it, before he falls out of his… bed? Regardless, he can’t help the hum of a laugh that leaves him before shaking his head. “Been there. Done that.” Giving the man a wink, he can’t help but to want to add on, until James continues and a bit brighter of a laugh leaves him. “Mhm. The girls do love this face. The guys prefer it a bit more bloody than my liking.

It’s true enough. Whether from boxing or fighting in the resistance, they much preferred him a bit more gory.

At least when he pats his pockets, Sunjata understands that action well enough, reaching into the pocket of a jacket he’s certain he’ll lose later to pull two out — one for this new friend, one for himself with an accomplished grin as they saunter toward the Rathskeller. “You know, you’re not too short yourself. And yeah, I’m definitely not from around here.” He offers, a jesting tone. As if the height should’ve been the first indicator, compared to the lot of them here. “You?” Offering James a match to light his smoke with, he pauses just enough to light his own.
sweetie, you had me
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
James Aiféala

Change author:
Thinking he meant kinky shit rather than boxing (who wouldn’t), the snake merely nodded as if he fully understood. “Don’t I know it, mate.” He chortled, even though it looked like a strong breeze might do some serious damage given just how scrawny James was. “But seriously, your cock must be tucked into your socks.” The thief noted, shaking out a sandalled foot as if the head of his own penis might surface. However tight as his pants were, they left little to no room for one’s imagination.

“Man after me own heart you’are.” The snake said by way of thanks, accepting the cigarette. “Mmmm.” He begins to answer, sucking in as he held the tip of the cigarette into the flame until it began to smoulder, before pulling back and shaking his head. Keeping the smoke in his lungs for far too long before breathing out, making a show of relishing the taste. “Mm, born and raised. Not this shit hole though, don’t get me wrong. This place is right shite what with all the brown and the monsters?” Tsking he shook his head ruefully.

Pulling open the door to the tunnel towards the Rathskeller or whatever the fuck leads there now I have no idea, James offered Jata the gentlemanly after you gesture, as he took another long drag.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Well he’s certainly dramatic, drunk, high, or all three combined. And Sunjata can’t help the accented laugh that leaves him with the implications. Giving James a roguish grin, a rise of his shoulders in a shrug, the grin shifts a bit more towards a smirk. “None of the ladies have complained.” He winks. Because he’s certainly not going to talk about that, despite how drunk he is, nor is he the type to participate in a true dick sizing contest.

Still, he snorts at James’ next comment while he lights his own, the match flame flickering with the movement of the air around it, but once it’s lit he extinguishes the match and takes a deep drag, exhaling through his nose. Nothing, in his mind, is better than alcohol and cigarettes. He’d be willing to fight over that fact. But he is surprised, drawn from the thoughts of a boxing ring and whiskey to hear that he wasn’t from the Hollowed Grounds.

As James opens the door to the tunnel to the Rathskeller, Sunjata slips through with a nod of his head, glancing down to the man. “What other places even are there? The Hollowed Grounds, sure. You from the Greatwood?” And no, he hasn’t really explored much of it on his own. He’s a bit more for word of mouth as of late, rather than the action. Except… Here in the Rathskeller he’s definitely getting a lot more action than he originally anticipated.
sweetie, you had me
SUNJATA
James Aiféala

Change author:
"No I expect not, can't really can'they? Not with that shoved down their throats." All said in harmless good fun, tasteless, but for fun just the same.

Skulking into the darkness as easy as anything, not minding one bit the spiders that skitter on the walls or the pathetically eerie lighting—there are monsters about, y'think someone would try and de-spook the place—the thief barks a laugh. "The Greatwood, more like Hatewood, amiright? What with all those winged short fucks always keepin' to themselves. Honestly, quite rude if you ask me." And Jata was, so James was more than happy to simply fill the silence.

"Nah mate, from the coast, me. It's fanfuckingtastic down there. Beaches, everything all glowy and shit at night—" Pausing only to take another pull from his cigarette, savoring the taste once more before blowing it out in a lovely stream of smoke, he continued. "—mermaids and the best fuckin' rum y'ever did taste." James was a liar to be sure, but that was the gods-damn truth.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
James reminds him immensely of the good ol’ days, and he chuckles in response, giving a knowing look to the other man. “Exactly.” Despite the accent, the vowels are extended a bit further in a kind of aaaaaaaaact sound, a knowing admission all for the sake of fun. But he grows slightly surprised, dragging from his cigarette and wafting in the smoke that cascades over his body while James explains the Greatwood.

He’s never met a Fae, so he has nothing to really go off of. “Never met one.” He offers with a hum of a laugh, smoke drifting from the cigarette remaining in his lips as he pauses by the door. “Actually wait, this way.” He tells James, spinning on his heel to head back toward Ezra and the makeshift bar since yknow, big timeline things happened and trying to cover it up there’s no Rathskeller anymore.

They’re almost there, though, and Sunjata’s brow raises at the mention of beaches. “Like, wait. An actual ocean. With a shit ton of water? Enough to make up for that piss-poor Oasis out there?” He asks, tilting his head. Mermaids, were of legend so he didn’t quite hang on that so much as he did the rum, and a rogue grin cascades across his face, glancing down to the other man. “Please tell me there’s a decent fucking place to swim.
sweetie, you had me
SUNJATA
James Aiféala

Change author:
Their accents couldn't be more different; clipped where one was long, vowels open where the others were closed. Even so, the dialogue flowed easily with the snake only having to strain a few times to catch what the other man was saying. "They're winged bastards if y'ask me." James said dismissively, pivoting easily on the heel ball of his sandal to follow Jata, entirely unperturbed by this little stroll.

"Yeah mate, like a fuckton." The snake agrees, since that is the going scale of measurement for ocean-water. "Oasis? Sounds like a good name for a band." James tittered with a shrug, indicating that whatever the Oasis was, he hadn't seen or heard of it.

As Jata mentions swimming though, James stops, claps a hand on the taller man's shoulder, and places the other over his scrawny chest as he tipped his head back with a melancholy moan. "Is there. There's the entire underwater palace, but if that isn't your cuppa, there are geyser's that'll shoot you right into the air if'n y'arn't careful. Beaches that light up at night with all these glowy critters, not to mention the torches. It's how it all got it's name." James added with a knowing nod.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A snort is given to James at the mention of Fae being winged bastards, noting it for later, despite not really imagining he’ll need the information. He doesn’t traverse the Greatwood much, despite the fact it did have a pretty decent river. But it’s deepfrost, and it’s too fucking cold for any kind of swim or exploration, for a man that came from deserts and warmer climates.

At the mention of a fuck ton of water, Sunjata drags on the cigarette deeply, a smirk crossing his face. So many possibilities, so much to do with it, until James questions the Oasis. And that’s when Sunjata gives him a louder, booming laugh. “I suppose it is.” He shrugs, making their way toward the makeshift bar. “It’s a shitty excuse for something like a lake I think.” He offers unhelpfully, if James has never seen it.

Though he does pause, steel eyes narrowing a fraction at the clap on his shoulder, before realizing it’s in agreement and not some sort of attack, and he relaxes a fraction as James continues. “An underwater palace?” He says in surprise, reaching the makeshift bar and placing his glass down for a refill, indicating that his new friend here would like one too, before he turns to lean against it and focus on James. “What’s it called?” He rumbles with a raise of his dark brow in silent question, wondering what kind of winding roads he’ll have to walk to find it, how many lights that lead him there that are blinding.

All for a fucking ocean. He can’t help the excitement that burrows into his chest.
sweetie, you had me
SUNJATA
James Aiféala

Change author:
“I heard these fucks haven’t ever seen an ocean. Y’believe that?” The snake shook his head, stumbling a bit as he continued to scoff at the idea of this oasis, which in his mind was a glorified puddle with a sign reading shallow, no diving.

“The palace? Uhhh. Some pretentious name. Can’t rightly recall. Only you need this special plant ter breathe down there and honestly, it’s a right bit of work to get. On clear days y’can see if from the surface though.”

Downing his drink, grabbing a bottle and then Sunjata’s arm, the snake drunkenly pulled his new friend somewhere else where he could paint a verbal picture of what Torchline actually was. It was resplendent with embellishments, but really, the land didn’t need to be oversold. Glittering beaches, glowing stones, geysers of rainbow water, the fucking animals? The more interested Sunjata seemed, the more James’ tales grew and grew and grew, until he was too properly drunk to say anything more than. “Fuckkkin’ right.”

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!