but you can make me a drink
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Today (assuming it was still day, because who the fuck even knew anymore) had been a day. The fucking heartbeat door had let the monsters in JUST like he’d fucking predicted it would. Then Wessex had abandoned Loren, Lusea, and Sunjata to their fates. Well, joke’s on the queen because their fate had been to burn down the mother-fucking Rathskellar and then get totally wasted. In fact, the summoner didn’t know if he’d ever been this drunk. Certainly not in Caido.

He should probably report to Wessex or something, but nahhhh. She could wait until he’d rested on his laurels for a bit. And probably slept off the alcohol. However, there was someone else he could report to. Someone else who’d helped cause this disaster to begin with. Well, it was alright. At least only one person had died, and that had been before he got there. Everyone was safe. Because of him.

Wandering over to the conch shell, the summoner swiped it, then retreated to a dark corner so he wouldn’t be disturbed. Then, he just stared at it for a while, because he didn’t know how it worked. It’s not like these things came with an instruction manual or something. Putting it up to his ear, he could hear some ambient sounds from what sounded like a building. Well alright then.

Bringing it down to his mouth, he practically shouted into it. ”HEY! REMI! I NEED TO TALK TO YOUUUUUUuuuuuu!” The words came out obviously slurred, but they were understandable enough. If that didn’t work, he’d keep shouting until someone answered. Someone better fucking answer.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
remi
The higher I climb the farther I fall when I do
Oh, news got back to Remi alright. News that a concussed Loren was on the phone shell. Retreating to one of the smaller rooms off of the kitchen if only so that the hustle and bustle of all those in the greatroom wouldn't prove to be too much of a distraction, the alchemist placed the shell before himself—it was a magic shell, not a cell phone. he could hold it however he wanted—and spoke normally.

"Loren? They said you were hurt? Is everything alright?" He asked, brows furrowed with concern, not that the Launceleyn would be able to see. Though worry had crept into his voice the alchemist did his best to keep himself from sounding overly protective or frantic, regardless of how his heart had jumped into his throat hearing Loren's admittedly strange tone.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren didn’t know exactly how many times he’d shouted into the shell before he finally heard Remi’s voice on the other end. One? Ten? Fifty? Who cared. The alchemist was here, now (well, not here, but here), and that was all that mattered. Although the summoner probably didn’t need to keep shouting, his voice still came out just a bit too loud, and obviously slurred. ”What? Who said what now?” People had to stop talking shit about the Launceleyn. ”I’m not hurt. Pfft. I don’t get hurt. Or. Well. I get hurt but I heal, you know that. I heal real good. Healed your eyes!" That had been a shitty day, though. He didn't want to think about that day.

"I mean, got hurt. Like, minor burns, but I healed those already.” The summoner hadn’t even noticed them right away, that’s how little they’d bothered him. However, at the last question, his eyes narrowed, even though the other man obviously couldn’t seem them. ”No. Not everything, no is not alright. Everything not cool. Y’remember your fancy door?” Loren let out a huff of laughter. ”Well, monsters killed Cera. Shit. He’s dead. And they used him to open the door.” That’s right, Remi and Wessex had almost fucked them all over.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi
Remi had been around a concussed and drunk Ronin enough to know the different between the two similar but distinct types of slurred speeches. Strange as it was to get a drunk call from Loren (drunk dials obviously having not been invented yet), he did feel himself relax a good deal to know that the summoner was inebriated, rather than wounded. “Mmmm, that you did.” Remi agreed from the other end, giving the shell a strange look as Loren continued.

And then widened, his heart stopping.

Everything not cool. It would turn out later to be a play on words of a sort (given that everything had been hot), but it was what Loren said next - the name that Loren said next that choked the breath in Remi’s throat.

Cera. The man he’d met when the grass was still greenish. Who’d been so comforting and charming, who had a smile as sunny as his own. A man who had been his brother, in another and far away life.

What?” Remi spluttered out once he was able to, fingers shaking as he held the shell closer now, cradling it, as if the words themselves were somehow fragile.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Yeahhhh that he did. He did a fucking lot around here, and if people wanted to criticize him for it, well, he didn’t see them running around like a chicken with their head cut off. Again, he didn’t really want to get into the event of that day. Besides, Remi’s reaction to Cera’s demise caused even drunk annoyed Loren to pause. Closing his eyes—again, because he felt the need to, not because the alchemist could see—the Launcelen choked back a sob. ”Yeah. He...he died a good death. Told us not to...not to let him in.” A little bit of the fear and terror the summoner felt crept back in. ”They let themselves in.” He shivered, and suddenly wished he had another drink on hand. Fuck. They’d all almost died.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
“That is not a good death.” The alchemist replied, voice dead-pan and hollow sounding. Shaking as his hands were, his body felt as if it had gone quite cold, and though Loren was the drunk one, it was Remi’s room that was starting to spin.

Swallowing and drawing in a breath, Remi bit his lower lip hard against the snarl that wanted to form there, swiping angrily at eyes instantly filled with tears. Why did no one notice he wasn’t inside?! Remi wanted to demand. He was part of the same stupid guild Loren was. How had no one noticed? Was Cera, like Remi, just easy to overlook? Kindness going ignored, squeakier wheels getting the grease?

“Where is he now?” The alchemist asked finally once he trusted his voice not to crack entirely. Wrapped up as Caiside and Roana were?
the Firebrand

Change author:
That, at least, was something they could agree on. ”No. No. None of this is good. Fucking...none. of. it.” LongNight and monsters and people getting dead and dead bodies opening the doors and Loren almost dying and all manner of horrible shit. And yes, he could hear the pain in Remi’s voice, but the summoner was still too shaken from his own ordeal—and from seeing the dead man—to actually provide any comfort and support.

Honestly, the Launceleyn couldn’t answer the other man’s question. ”Outside. Probably. Unless the monsters took the body. They were fucking in the Rathskellar already. We...I couldn’t...nothing. We couldn’t, he was dead when I got there.” The fear in Loren’s voice was palpable and he choked back another sob. There wasn’t anything more he could’ve done for Cera.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
As Loren rambled as the drunk were wont to do, the alchemist very much wanted to reach through the shell and give the summoner an abrupt shake. It was probably better for both of them that Loren couldn't see the frustrating slowly feathering its way onto Remi's features as he sat in the dark, glaring at the shell.

"Outside?" Remi repeated, stunned. "The monsters used him to get in, and you threw his body outside?" The tension in his voice wasn't hidden now. Feathers flourished in his hair, as the hand currently gripping the chair on which he sat was suddenly punctuated with claws. The alchemist had little time for Loren's sobbing. From what he heard on his end, they were all alright—drunk, so clearly no one was in danger any more—and Cera had been left out in the cold.

"Outside the Rathskeller door?"
the Firebrand

Change author:
Alright. Fuck this. Remi seemed rather hung up on Cera’s body, which, yes, was a fucking tragedy. But want to know what else was a tragedy? How close everyone in the Rathskellar had come to dying. The chill in his voice didn’t quite cut through the drunken slur, but it was there. ”Yeah, outside. What's the problem? Cause, let me tell you, not planning to let the body stay. Inside. Outside better.” He shivered at the thought. ”Again, monsters used it to get in, and no idea how. Oh, right, they break through fortifications now, so that was fun too! But yeah, what were we supposed to do, bring the body that had just been used by monsters to break shit into the temple itself?” His voice was incredulous because that seemed like a terrible idea. Really really fucking stupid. He would have told the other man exactly how dumb the Launceleyn thought bringing bodies into the Guild was too if he’d known.

At the mention of the Rathskellar, Loren let out a huff of breath. This time, his tone came out in a much more drunken slur, but there was still a bit of an edge to it. ”I didn’t see where the corpse landed. Was a little busy with the monsters. In the Rathskellar. Who got in through your special door. Did I mention those?” Remi could get pissy about the treatment of dead bodies all he wanted; the summoner was a bit more concerned about the living, and staying alive. ”Not outside the Rathskellar, though. Becauseeeeeeeee no more Rathskellar.” He chuckled at the admission. It had burned to the ground, and taken the monsters with it. "Guess I avenged his death." Go Loren.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
"The problem is that he deserves better than that." Remi nearly shouted without meaning to. Wincing apologetically, not that Loren would see it of course, the alchemist looked up at the ceiling before squeezing his eyes shut and releasing the breath held in the back of his throat. Had Loren been in front of him Remi definitely would have throttled him, and in so thinking, the alchemist belatedly wondered where his patience had gone. Out in the snow and the dark an insidious voice in the back of his mind chuckled.

If Remi was meant to feel guilt or take responsibility that a lock he'd been ordered to make had failed, he missed it. Instead, he blanked, fingers tightening around the shell as if that would sharpen Loren's account somehow.

"Loren.." Remi said in as level a voice as he could, despite the rising anxiety he felt creeping up the back of his spine and into his legs. "Are you, and everyone else currently alright?" Because, impatient or not, flustered and upset as he might be, still he cared too much to just hang upon Loren put the shell down without making sure.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Alright. If Remi wanted shouting, Loren could do shouting. Ohhhhh boy could he do shouting. ”Yeah I fucking know that!” Exasperated, he threw up his free hand, the annoyance needing an outlet. ”But his corpse was tossed, thrown, before I do could anything ‘bout it, and I ain’t, wasn’t about to risk lives getting it back when there were monsters right fucking there. Writing in blood and shit.” That hadn’t all been super coherent, but hopefully the gist of it got across.

At the mostly calm voice from the alchemist, though, the Launceleyn subsided. Mostly. ”No. Encountered a monster is not all right. But no one else is gonna die. Probably. Unless they break another door down. But nah, we’re good. I got the fucker. Trapped it and lit it up. Took the Rathskellar with it, but hey, it was a lost cause anyway.” Yeah. It had burned. Hot and fast, hopefully enough to kill every single monster that had tried to invade this place.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
"Do you?" Remi repeated, not meaning to sound as exasperated as he was. Because only moments before the summoner had said it wasn't worth going back out for Cera. Outside better, he thought he words were.

Took the rathskeller with it. There was so much to unpack, that Remi had to grit his teeth lest he say something stupid. He had to remind himself that shells were fragile, so white-knuckled his grip had become. But only one thought was solidifying in his mind. Only one, knowing that Loren and everyone else was alright. The summoner wasn't make much sense anyways, he wasn't so sure a continued conversation was smart, but then again what Remi was planning on doing wasn't either.

"Okay. Loren, I am glad you are safe." A pause. Had Loren been there, he'd have known instantly what it was that the alchemist was planning. I was writ clear on his face, in the stupidly large sea-glass stare, the fluttery eyelashes, the rosy cheeks. "I will check in with you after."

So saying he walked back into the other room. The summoner would hear the noise, would know Remi was no longer alone, though he wouldn't be able to hear the silent stream of words sent out to his fellow attuneds.
the Firebrand

Change author:
It was all the Launceleyn could do not to grind his teeth at the doubt in the alchemist’s voice. ”I do. But look. Hey. You’re the who one, one who said that not to trust my magic. So. Was looking out for the living, before the dead. Sorry I seemed to have screwed up again.” Of course the summoner would’ve liked nothing more to give Cera a proper burial (though probably not in the Launceleyn way) but in the heat of the moment venturing outside when there were already monsters there seemed like a good way to get dead. Plus Wessex had skedaddled and there were other people to consider. Moreover, it seemed that no matter what Loren did, he would never be able to make the man on the other end of the shell happy.

Well. Fuck that. It wasn’t his responsibility anymore—as Remi’s HUSBAND had so helpfully pointed out—and the Launceleyn was done apologizing for each and every little mistake and flaw people found in him. He’d taken care of the monster and kept people alive. Surely that should be worth something. His new friends certainly seemed to think so. Sunyadayadayada and Lucy-YEAH. They were great. That was funny enough to cause him to snort. The summoner should let the alchemist in on the joke, but then the other man was talking again so Loren did his best to focus.

”Yeah you too.” Presumably, at least, Remi was safe and so was everyone else since they hadn’t heard of any commotion over at the Guild even with their fucking reckless plan to open the door to everyone. Dumb. Everyone was dumb. However, the alchemist being cryptic was probably dumbest of all. ”After what, Remi?” No response. ”Remi, after what?” Still nothing. ”AFTER WHAT?! REMI! REMI! REMI, AFTER WHAT REMI?!” The Launceleyn didn’t know how long he shouted variations on that theme before finally giving up, replacing the shell where he’d found it, and wandering off to burn off the restless energy he could feel coiling in his limbs.
loren

Coding base by Sky!