Random Event I am whoever I say I am

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

There is no knocking, no slamming of fists. Just a low voice that indicates it is the queen at the door. She recites the password, and then falls silent.

Inside Bastien and Clemente hear the voice of Wessex in their thoughts, instructing them to come to the door and open it.

LONGNIGHT
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
you'll never settle any of your scores
your grace is wasted in your face
Bastien stood and looked over to the door, for a moment playing in his mind with the idea of opening it or not. A monster would not be able to communicate in his mind like Wessex could, surely? And she knew the password...

He had complained when his knowing the password had not been enough, so he was going to let her in with it. "Clem, stay back." He instructed, still a little nervous it might all go horribly wrong, then approached the door.

Taking off the latch and opening it a crack, hoping to see if it was indeed Wessex, he peered around the door.
your boldness stands alone
among the wreck
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

Thank goodness for that fancy telepathy; saves everyone a lot of time and angst and energy trying to decide who’s actually at the door. She would have waited, answered the questions, etc., but this is just so much more effective.

As it begins to open, Wessex smiles to herself. Good. Good. She leans against the outer wall and waits until eye contact is made with Bastien, who seems to be at the helm, and then nods. “It’s me. Thank you.” Slipping inside, the Ascended makes sure to close and lock it very tightly behind her.

“Did Amun come back?” Wessex asks, finding it strange that he isn’t with the other two Ascended.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
Clemente
There is no such thing as sleep for them, and it makes the sunless hours even more exhausting in ways that are only really mental. But when Wessex's voice curls in his mind, he jolts immediately to attention, and his pale gaze finds Bastien. It's clear they've both heard the call, and Clemente stands to follow after Bastien towards the door.

He stays back obediently when Bastien tells him to, confident in his childish assumptions that only Wessex can possibly speak to them this way. And he smiles when she comes through the door, but waits until it's closed again to wander forward and greet her alongside Bastien. "I haven't seen him," he admits softly, suddenly feeling he should have been keeping a better eye on the flirtatious man.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
Seeing that it was indeed Wessex at the door Bastien opened it fully for her; once she passed through he shut it quickly and made sure each lock and latch was in place before he turned, uplifted slightly by the knowledge he had made the right choice and she had not had to go through the panic he had outside the door.

At her question he looked to Clem, then shook his head. "I have not seen him either. In fact, I did not even know he was gone...I cannot say I am close to the fellow." They had spoken a couple of times, but the man seemed far more interested in sticking his cock in anything that moved than having many conversations.
among the wreck
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

A tight frown creases her lips together as Wessex mentally sighs and curses Amun. Sometimes she thinks he’s more trouble than he’s worth. But then her thoughts drift back to the Voice and their conversations about fixing stupid, and she remembers that eventually all baby birds have to fly on their own. “Well, he’s a big boy. Hopefully he made it to the Guildhall.” It’s too far for him to speak to her, so she sends Amun a little mental ping. It’s the first time she’s tested it from this distance, so hopefully it works. ‘Checking in to make sure you made it back to the Guildhall. Give me a sign or something.’

But back to the two in front of her. She tries to wipe the frown from her face and settles down by the door. “I’ll take over the watch for the door. Everything ok here?” It’s just a brief check-in. They are free to resume their other activities now.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"I'm sure he's fine." Bastien agreed, too exhausted with worrying for Rexanna to spend too much energy caring for Amun. With the hectic chaos that Longnight inevitably brought, it was common to lose people in various wings or rooms of the safehouses for a while.

He nodded an affirmative to Wessex's question. "All is as well as it can be, as far as I know."
among the wreck