put it on me
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
in my darkness, you turned on a light
i hate the way you bring me back to life
Well, with the Rathskeller gone and everything else that’s been happening, he wonders if the Luxere have simply run off. Wasn’t that the point of having them? To prevent this sort of thing from happening? Of course these kinds of thoughts are enough to have him admittedly a bit on edge, annoyed, perhaps dare he be worried? He slams back the drink he has in his hand, only a small bruise remains from Ezra’s surprising slap to the face, the burns have healed mostly due to Loren and Phoebe, and the rest? ’Battle scars’ if you know what I mean.

So he’s a bit drunk — very drunk — when the thought of the Luxere returns to his mind. And he slips through the Temple, pausing only to tell Lusea of his plans, before reaching the main door. Beside it sits the new password, and he commits it to his drunken memory, before snagging a piece of paper and a quill.

His handwriting is legible, having needed to write laws and rules and what not, even inebriated as he is, and he writes out ‘went to check on Luxere – SS’. Does he know if anyone knows his last name? Does he care? Not right now really no.

Does he forget that the Luxere don’t particularly care for him? Yes.

Still, he doesn’t plan on being out Long. Just to get some fresh dark air, to see that the Luxere are still there. And he slips out the door, closing it behind him but remaining close just in case he’s swarmed or something, mostly because he makes terrible fucking choices especially when he’s drunk.
'cause i am haunted, i cannot tell a lie
i like you better when i am dead inside
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
People really needed to stop doing a couple of things. First, leaving the fucking Temple during LongNight. Second, leaving goddamn notes behind: it was a marked improvement from Bastien and Rexanna, but still no comparison for actually fucking telling someone. Especially because they left their fucking initials and not an actual name. Who in the world was SS? Still, though the summoner loathed the thought of going outside or even opening the doors, if it was, indeed a luxere check, it should be safe enough. Not safe enough to stay outside for a long time. But enough to poke his head out. Hopefully. He was betting his life on it.

Which was why, against his better judgment, he found himself propping open the door just a smidge, Astra pressed to his side. Her larger and more wild cousins thronged around outside. It didn’t take long to spot Sunjata. ”Sunjata. What the fuck? Get inside, man.” Loren’s voice came out in a hissed whisper. The fact that it was Sunjata, of all people, who’d encountered the monsters already was even more annoying than anyone else. The Launceleyn would’ve thought the panther would have more common sense. "I didn't save your ass just to have you risk it like this." All the while, he kept his eyes peeled for any sign of danger. He wasn’t fond enough of the other man (or his ass) to risk monsters getting in again.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
In Sunjata’s mind, it’s been the equivalent of like, thirty seconds since he’s slipped from the door, aiming straight for the gilt glow of the Luxere’s antlers, the herds remaining close nearby, before Loren’s voice interrupts him. He halts in the snow briefly, spine straightening as he turns to look toward the blond man, a rogue grin sent his way. “Gods you’re quick. Got a bell on the door or something?” He shoots back toward the summoner, a smirk crossing his face, quiet enough as well to not try and attract anything. But he feels comfortable enough in his ability to fend something off.

Not for long if Loren keeps the door open. He hisses under his breath at the next comment, a light chuckle leaving him. “Saved my ass, huh?” As though they couldn’t have burned down the Rathskeller on their own if they really wanted to. Loren just happened to have a fancy feather that burned literally everything. “Look, I just started the check.” And besides, some of the Luxere herd had been out of view from the opening to begin with. What if half of them had left?

Either come out here and help so it’s faster, or close the door.” It doesn’t bother him either way. Sunjata is definitely drunk, but even he knows the importance of keeping the door shut and taking as short of an amount of time as possible out here.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The luxere start, their hooves tapping out on the cobblestones. The percussion rings out and is suddenly accompanied by a rather melodic tapping sound; bones softly clunking together in a breeze that doesn't actually exist.

"Y'carry around enough bones and the critters jus' don' bother ya'." Came a wizened old voice that let a few whistles through, through presumably large gaps in his teeth. He was on the opposite side of the herd and only just visible outside the ring of light. Dressed simply in almost all tweed with a cap, this little man appeared stooped and old, but there was a grin on his face just the same.
RaNdOM EVENT
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Time and timelines was a tricky thing in LongNight. While Loren hadn’t been checking the door incessantly, he’d been keeping an eye on it when he could. Still, given that he’d seen the note and not the other man leaving, there was no way for the summoner to know how long Sunjata had been out here. However, even a few seconds was too long. ”I’ll put a bell on you if you don’t get in here right now.” It wasn’t the best threat, the Launceleyn would admit that. However, his tone indicated that he did not want to be fucked with right now. At least anything other than actual fucking. That was fine.

He could’ve pointed out that Sunjata was awfully hypocritical for someone who’d shown up at the knocking almost as often as the summoner had. However, he was actively trying not to be a dick. People weren’t making it easy on him, though. ”Yes. Lusea and I saved your ass after you stood around doing nothing once you’d chucked the corpse.” Breathing in and out so as to tamp down on the annoyance rising within him, Loren sighed. ”The luxere are fine. We would’ve heard  them stampeding away if something had disturbed them. Come inside, please.”

He was about to reiterate that point in response to the other man’s request to join the panther in the darkness when something disturbed the herd. Immediately the summoner called up his magic, but there was no target. At least not until what appeared to be an old man in tweed and a cap—appearances were fucking deceiving during LongNight—whistled and spoke from the darkness.

Yeah. This was a trap. ”Sunjata. Inside. Now.” If the panther chose to stay outside, there was nothing Loren could do besides venture out there himself and hope his faltering magic would work. However, hopefully the other man would listen to reason; if so, the Launceleyn would hold the door open just long enough for Sunjata to slip inside. Then he would secure it firmly behind them.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A bell on him? If Sunjata didn’t know any better, he’d have made some sort of comment on that threat. But he does, a surprise even he admits as he shakes his head with an exasperated sigh, leaning around the corner to spot the herd and ensure they were still all there. Turning back toward the summoner, he snorts. Doing nothing? Really? Alright.

Perhaps Loren was just scared. Perhaps for good reason. Sunjata might be just a smidge too drunk to see it clearly.

Pulling the cloak over his shoulders a bit tighter, he makes to head back into the Temple, absolutely rolling his eyes to the summoner. But a voice pipes up, talking of bones and not being bothered, a whistle of sorts that has him glancing over his shoulder – steel eyes narrowing at the sight. He almost thinks about replying to it, before Loren’s sharpened voice hits him – a form of demand. And he huffs a cloud of smoke before taking the few steps it takes him to reach the Temple’s door again, slipping in and ensuring with Loren’s help that it’s locked and closed behind him.

Then, he turns to Loren, aiming to bump his shoulder into the man, looking down to him. “One, if you call helping Lusea board it up and guard the entrance before we burned it down entirely, ‘doing nothing’, then go ahead. Two, would we have heard them?” He asks with a tilt to his head, enclosing the space between them. “Or could it have been too loud in here?” His accented voice has dropped with the suggestion, recalling growls, moans, the sound of skin on skin, the sudden memory of Loren's kiss - a first for the flood. It's an honest question, really, as his steel eyes remain serious yet still somewhat glazed by his drunkenness, a half smirk crossing his face.

Or maybe he’s still a small amount bitter that Loren had gotten his hands all over Lusea, even if it was fair game. Or maybe he’s just really drunk, and none of it matters anyway? Or maybe, option three, he really misses the boxing ring of Korofi.
SuNJATA

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
“Y’boys seem mighty wound up. Yessiry.” The voice continues, the burning embers of a cigar presumably burning in the light. As Sunjata moves to leave, Loren demanding nervously that he does, the voice laughs. “Y’boys aint’ from around here ain’t ye? Can tell by yer accents. Not all wot creeps around in the dark be monsters, boys. No need ter fear.”

Ohhh but they do. They do.
RaNdOM EVENT
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren was sorely tempted to tell the old man that was not an old man to fuck off. However, sound attracted them, and he figured antagonizing the monsters would probably be among the worst of his terrible life decisions. Instead, he poured all the fear and anger and nervous energy into barring and locking the door once more. Hopefully no one else would be dumb enough to venture outside.

Speaking of idiots, the summoner still had Sunjata to deal with. And the other man was apparently going to provide a quite convenient target for the anxiety roiling within the Launceleyn. So much for happy sexual glow. Unfortunately for the panther, Loren wasn’t intimidated by the other man in the slightest; while the summoner wasn’t used to looking up to anyone, he knew that stepping into his personal space was meant to put him off guard. At least now he knew what it felt like when he tried to loom over other people.

So instead of moving as Sunjata bumped the Launceleyn’s shoulder, he just smirked. ”If I recall, she did most of the work.” If the panther really wanted to bring up what happened in the Rathskellar—and what happened after, given the other man’s less than cryptic comments—then Loren felt it was fair game. And no, he wasn’t just talking about burning down the tavern either. ”I didn’t hear you complaining. And yes, you were quite loud as I recall.” It probably wasn’t a good idea to antagonize the clearly drunken panther, but the summoner wasn’t going to put up with this bullshit. Now it was Loren's turn to deliberately brush the other man's side as the Launceleyn attempted to move past him to put some distance between the summoner and the door.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata’s definitely wound up, that’s not really a fair observation. As for Loren? Sunjata finds he doesn’t really care if he’s wound up or not. As the door closes and locks behind them and he turns to face Loren, that same smirk crossing his face after he’s made his statement, he watches in somewhat feigned amusement as Loren replies. And well, it could be taken both ways.

Did Loren think he was complaining over all of it? He wasn’t. He was complaining over the thought of being useless, of having done nothing when he felt he had done a lot. He certainly had in guiding Loren how to please Lusea just right. He certainly had in other ways too. And when Loren makes to brush past him, Sunjata steps in his way, using the strength he’s held away, kept hidden for a while.

Perhaps Lusea’s flood is back?

Hands meet Loren’s shoulders as he pushes the other man back against the wall, blocking him in and effectively pinning him against the wall, lowering his head near Loren’s ear. “The point is that I wasn’t doing nothing.” He replies, gruffly, accented thickly from being quite clearly drunk. “As for complaining? I wasn't. The only complaint I had was that you needed some guidance in helping her enact her 'justice.'” Head tilts, pulling away from Loren’s cheek and ear, steel eyes searching his face, but a smirk still lingers on his face, face flushed from the alcohol and the cold.

Maybe he’s just supremely insecure, that someone else might be willing to treat her better than he can, than he has, and it’s rubbing off. But he’s not itching for a fight, just to prove he can if it came down to it. What was he going to do against LongNight monsters that hid under the floorboards? Punch them?
SuNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Well. That had been unexpected. As Loren’s back slammed against the wall, Sunjata’s hands on the summoner’s shoulders, he let out a snarl. His own hands came up to grip the other man’s shirt, grabbing handfuls of the fabric to jerk the taller man down slightly closer to the Launceleyn. Not that there was much closer to get, given that the other man was already speaking into Loren’s ear. Still, if the panther wanted to see exactly how rough the summoner could get, he was more than happy to give Sunjata an actual lesson. The threesome had just been scratching the surface for all of them.

It seemed that the other man still had a few issues to work out with Lusea. Given how Sunjata’s breath reeked of alcohol, the summoner figured this had very little to do with him and everything to do with the panther and his resurrected love’s dysfunctional relationship. That didn’t mean that the Launceleyn was going to back down from this obvious challenge. In fact, as with all challenges, he was going to rise to it. ”Really? Then what did you do, because from where I was sitting it wasn’t much.” That was right: Loren had been the one to fuck Lusea while she attended to Sunjata’s needs. That was an uncharitable interpretation of events—the panther had done at least a little to please his woman—but it wasn’t like the other man was being logical at the moment.

The summoner’s grip tightened on the panther’s shirt, twisting the fabric. ”I wouldn’t have needed to enact any justice if you were enough for Lusea and you hadn't made so many mistakes.” The Launceleyn was not the problem here. Indeed, his eyes narrowed as he dropped his voice to a lower volume and pitch, almost more growl than speech. ”What do you want, Sunjata? What are you hoping to prove, to accomplish by pinning me here?” There was no one else around to see this pathetic display of dominance.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ah, so Loren hadn’t been expecting his typical form of power play, and it ignites within him as he focuses on Loren. The summoner’s hands reach up to fist into his shirt, pulling him closer slightly, to break the difference of the heights, and Sunjata gives in just enough, hands pressing harder against Loren’s shoulders to keep him there.

And well, Loren adds to the challenge and insecurities rising within him, at the fact that she had to have any kind of vengeance, any kind of retaliation. “What did I do?” He laughs, shaking his head slightly, steel eyes lingering on Loren’s blues. “You honestly don’t think you could’ve gotten her off on your own, do you?” Because where Sunjata had been sitting, it seemed incredibly unlikely. She liked the attention, and that added to it immensely.

But the summoner’s grip tightens in the clothes that Sunjata wears, when he announces the pure, true reason to all of this frustration and insecurity, and those steel eyes that had previously been a bit glossy, harden and narrow, lip curling as he grits his teeth, a muscle feathering in his jaw. “If I were enough?” He repeats, a hiss of breath and a slight growl. “I made one fucking mistake. One. While blighted, drunk, given some kind of anti-anxiety drink.” The growl that lingers in his voice is slightly more feline than it ever used to be. “And she doesn’t seem to think I’ve regretted it since the day it happened.

Then, what does he want? What is he hoping to accomplish? He doesn’t know. What he does know, is that he needs LongNight to be over with. Stir crazy, permanently drunk it seemed, and maybe he just needed his own space. Perhaps the Temple was a bad idea in the end. “What I want.” He says at first, stepping back from Loren with a light shove to give him space before a hand reaches to run through his hair. “What I want is to be the same as I was, but this fucking place changed me. And I want you to have been enough so she doesn’t have to keep fucking looking.
SuNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Sunjata could shove Loren into as many walls as he wanted to. It wouldn’t change the fact that he wasn’t cowed by the other man’s pathetic display. If the summoner wanted to, he could have escaped the panther’s grip in any number of ways. However, it was probably best that they kept this conversation as private as possible, even if it looked incredibly intimate from a distance. ”I do. I’m not sure the same could be said of you, given how little time you seem to spend with her.” Yeah, the Launceleyn was pulling that out of his ass, but given how drunk Sunjata was, probably any insult would hit close to home.

As the panther revealed exactly what had happened with Phoebe, however—or at least the summoner assumed it was the midwife, given the context—the tension drained out of Loren even as it poured into the other man. Releasing the panther’s shirt, the Launceleyn’s eyes grew worried even as Sunjata’s steel ones grew hard and distant. ”I’m sorry. That...it sounds like you weren’t in your right mind, and didn’t have much choice in the matter.” And more than a little bit like Phoebe had engineered events so that the panther would have no choice but to sleep with her again. The thought caused a sick feeling to roil through the summoner’s gut: hopefully the midwife hadn’t been in her right mind either. Prayed for it, because the implications were horrifying.

”Have you told Lusea that?” His voice came out as low and soft and soothing as he could manage. Gods, the Launceleyn had screwed up. Sure, he’d been drunk, but he should’ve realized that getting between the Lusea and Sunjata would just cause more problems; even when Loren tried to have what he thought was harmless fun, he managed to royally fuck up by fucking. Perhaps it wasn’t too late to salvage the situation.

As the other man released the summoner (well, shoved, but that was fine, since he was already pressed against a wall), he reached out a tentative and gentle hand to lay it on the panther’s shoulder. ”I can’t do anything about what Caido did. But just because you’ve changed doesn’t mean you can’t be enough for her.” Because if Sunjata was enough, then Lusea would have no reason to wander. "She's changed too, and you just need to get to know the new versions of each other." If the panther had accepted Loren’s comfort, the summoner would gently squeeze the other man’s shoulder. ”Come on. Let’s get you some water and sit and talk for a bit.” More than anything, Sunjata seemed like he needed to sober up. And maybe like he needed a friend. The Launceleyn wasn’t sure he could help with either.

But he could try.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He knows the comment is aimed to get under his skin. He knows that there’s little truth in it. After all, he had been accused of smothering her since the entire ordeal, and so he had done his best to give the space she needed to deal with it. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t still hurt somewhere deep down in his anxieties and insecurities, enough that he ends up gritting his teeth. The apology, however, takes him by surprise, but it does little to soften the hardened steel of his eyes. It only has him shake his head.

We were both blighted still. It was… a lot of bad decisions. Phoebe wanted me to choose her, and I told her I couldn’t. I just chose her for a night.” He manages, trying to shift the blame, because he knows it was his fault he had gone to get her out of the jail anyway. Had he never done it? It wouldn’t have happened. Right? His question of if he’s told Lusea that is answered with a nod as he removes his hands from the summoner, hand running through his hair as he exhales slowly. “I’ve told Lusea so many times, how sorry I am.” But while Loren might have fucked his flame, he doesn’t know what had occurred between them.

And he’s impressively drunk enough to tell it.

I was the first one to tell her after it happened.” He doesn’t know if it’s noble, or a show of how much he cares. But he hadn’t kept it a secret. It would have torn him up inside. It still does. But Loren’s comment reaches him, a hand on his shoulder beneath muscles that tense with the touch. He’s not used to this, not used to dealing with it all. Not used to not being enough when there were so many better choices here in Caido. Maybe she had simply settled for him in Korofi, before she had realized the world could be at her fingertips.

Surprisingly, he remains silent while Loren offers to get some water, grumbling along in agreement before following the summoner — tension seeming to roil beneath the surface. “We’ve both changed so much.” He utters unhelpfully. “She died because of me and I couldn’t keep myself together. It was three years since she died, and to her it was an hour? Maybe? And she was so ready to try and get used to this version of me before i fucking blew it apart.” He’s absolutely not off the hook yet, if Lusea’s constantly snide comments are anything to say about it.

Somewhere he thinks perhaps he deserves all the wrath in the world.
SuNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Just because Sunjata rejected Loren’s apology didn’t mean he was going anywhere. Indeed, as someone who habitually pushed people away because it seemed easier than letting them in, he knew he would probably need to be patient and put up with a lot of bullshit. That was if the other man even wanted the summoner around; the Launceleyn would assume that he was welcome here until the panther made it clear, one way or another. ”I’ve made a lot of bad decisions in my life. A lot of mistakes. And something that I’ve been told is that as long as you do your best to make up for them, well, sometimes that’s all you can ask of yourself.” And from where the summoner was standing—and from everything Sunjata was about to reveal—the other man was doing what he could to atone.

Something else that Loren had learned (even if he wasn’t the best at it) was that sometimes it was better to listen than to speak. He just led the panther deeper into the Temple as Sunjata spoke. Coming to a water barrel, the Launceleyn grabbed cups and filled two, handing one to the other man. Taking a sip, the summoner did his best to order the slightly drunk venting from the other man. Loren thought he got at least the gist of it.

”You love her.” It came out as a statement, not a question: from everything Sunjata had done and said, that much was clear. However, as someone who’d gone through some romantic turmoil, the Launceleyn knew that wasn’t always enough. But that didn’t mean it wasn’t worth trying. ”It’s good that you apologized, and that you told her.” However, saying sorry was just the start.

”You fucking blew it apart, yes.” He wasn’t going to deny that.  ”But that doesn’t mean you can’t put it back together again. You just need to stop forcing it. She still needs to get used to the new version of you. And you need to find out what she needs, and be there for her. Don’t ask anything from her that she’s not ready to give.” The corners of the summoner’s lips quirked up. ”I’m not saying it’ll be easy. It’ll probably be the hardest fucking thing you’ve ever done. Even then, it might not even work out.” It hadn’t for Loren, obviously, though he was in a much more stable place. ”But if you love her, and want to be with her, you need to stop fucking wallowing, forgive yourself for your perceived and actual sins, and find out how to move forward from here.” Okay, maybe the tough love wasn’t the best idea, but he wasn’t exactly the best at relationships.
LOREN