{SEASONAL EVENT} mud is gross (open)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Oliver wasn't normally a very squeamish person. He also wasn't the type to be adverse to getting down and dirty. That didn't mean that he was okay with walking into his room to find a bunch of seemingly alive mud slowly moving away from his boots. Letting out a small scream he hurriedly went to find something, anything to clean up the mud.

Letting out a gag he eventually grabbed a jar and a sheet of cloth. He WAS going to use those but fine. What ever. He wasn't mad (he totally was mad). He started to work towards filling the jar with the mud. Once it had all been cleaned up he closed up the jar and proceeded to check every inch of the room for any other pieces of mud, he even checked the insides of his boots in hopes that things wouldn't go bad. Thankfully, the mud seemed to be cleaned up. Warily, he slipped back on the boots, now tasked with having to get rid of the mud.

Carrying the now ruined cloth and the jar out of his room, he started to make his way outside.

No way was he going to dispose of it so close to the manor. Oliver wasn't about to do that to Loren. So, instead, he aimlessly wandered through the homes, trying to find something to do with the nasty ass mud.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i was quiet, but i was not blind
You have been seated so long that the memory mud had nearly taken over your legs and lower stomach. You don't mind of course; you aren't squeamish about anything, but especially not naturally occurring things. Besides, you've seen memory mud before and though it's a bit bothersome that flecks of mud are getting onto your notes, you try to allow the mud as much autonomy as possible.

Ahead you see a pale-haired boy running in and out of the houses. He isn't yelling so it doesn't seem to be indicative of any sort of emergency, but nor can you think of any other reason to explain his actions. This probably has more to do with the fact that human-animals are notoriously unpredictable than anything Oliver was or wasn't doing.

Still, you don't bother to lend a hand or even call out. Instead you simply make more notes as your lower half slowly turns to mud-covered stone.
OIA'I'O

Table coding by Sky
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Yeah, Oliver didn't like gross or nasty things. Anything that made a mess or moved around like that was disgusting. He had no idea what this nasty shit was but he didn't like it, not one bit.

From what he could see, there wasn't exactly anywhere that he could put the mud. He felt bad just abandoning the jar in the middle of an empty house, so instead he tried to find like a ditch or something...but could the mud climb out? Ugh. This was so disgusting.

After a bit of scrambling around like a terrified mouse, Oliver eventually saw a figure sitting on the ground. Confused, he slowly walked over to the figure. It wasn't LongNight, so it wasn't a monster...maybe it was someone like him? A person who had only just arrived and was too confused to get up? He didn't have magic blanket powers, but he could absolutely try his best.

Once he was a few feet away, he called out to the person. "Hello? Are you okay?" Which was funny, because he was not okay in any sort. In fact, he tried to hold the jar and cloth as little as possible, clearly very disgusted by it. The other person seemed to be almost caked in it and that isn't good, not at all. Oliver had no idea what it could do. Maybe it could kill people.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Change author:
You watch as he approaches, your large blue eyes taking him in with a silent scrutiny. Continuing to make notes now that he is closer, you pause as he addresses you. "Greeting." You reply. Not greetings, just the verb itself. As he asks if you're okay, you nod your head once. This bit of movement causes some of the stone and mud to fall away from you, though you hardly mind it one way or another. You have had this magic since you were born, and having things constantly grow on you is something you almost don't notice anymore.

"Yes." You acknowledge, your voice perfectly articulate but also entirely without emotion as well.
OIA'I'O

Table coding by Sky
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Okay. This was weird. Never had Oliver seen this person before, but apparently they seemed pretty content with whatever they were doing right now. There were just so many questions. One of the most obvious ones was: why the heck is this person sitting on the ground basically covered in mud.

"Mind if I join you?" With that Oliver knelt down a couple of feet away from her, not exactly happy that he'd probably get super muddy thanks to this. He had to do this, though. He wanted to know what was going on with this girl and to figure out if she actually was as okay as she claimed to be.

Tapping on the jar awkwardly, he tried to find something to say. She wasn't very talkative so he'd probably have to initiate the conversations. "So...what do you know about this mud stuff?" He held up the jar awkwardly, hoping that because she was so willing to lay in it, that maybe she'd know some stuff about it.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Observer

Change author:
"Why would I?" You reply, and were you the type prone to displays of emotion, you might have shrugged. Instead you merely regard Oliver with a wide blue-eyed gaze as he knelt down.

Looking down at the jar, comprehending his question and then looking up, you nod. "Almost everything." You reply, though there's no boastfulness or playfulness in your tone. You really do know almost everything about it, which is what he asked. "It is caused by memory snow and muddy environments. Much like memory snow it can remember the shape it was previously in. Unlike memory snow however, it can move of its own accord and has a tendency towards what are considered bothersome activities."

As the mud begins to creep too close to your notebook, you tilt your head. "Freeze." You say, and indeed, it absolutely does. Or, more precisely, the time around it freezes.
OIA'I'O

Table coding by Sky
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The blonde shrugged, "Not sure if you wanted to be left alone or not," She was a peculiar person. Blunt. Straight to the point. Hardly spoke. He had met a couple of others here who spoke just about as much, but none nearly as blunt as her. Oliver himself was a bit more into talking with those who had stuff to say, but this would be fine too. He'd just have to get used to the idea of talking to someone like her.

On the bright side, she seemed to know a lot about the mud he had discovered. As she explained, he remained quiet, listening intently. She seemed to know a lot about it and it was nice to learn more, as well, it was also good to hear her speak more. It showed that maybe she was opening up a bit more for him.

Oliver wasn't sure if the mud had obeyed her or if she had some sort of magic, but seeing the mud freeze in place was incredible. He unscrewed the top of the jar and held it out to her. "What exactly can you use the mud for? How did you freeze it like that?" He had so many questions, but limited himself to just two. Oliver had learned by now that he had a nasty habit of asking too many questions at one time, being both obnoxious and overwhelming to the other person.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Observer

Change author:
He hasn't asked you a question, and so you don't give a response. You almost always want to be left alone (except for Kai), but that doesn't necessarily mean you mind when you aren't. At least, not insofar as it effects anyone else.

Glancing towards the jar, your eyes glance inside noting that yes, it was more of the memory mud, before you look up. "It can be used in a number of different instances." You reply, not sure of the context of his question. "Though it possess some of the same characteristics of memory snow, it is more similar to other varieties of mud. It can be used to soften skin, assist in growth, block holes.." You shrug lightly.

As for how? That too you give an easy answer to: "Magic." So saying, you turn your attention to the mud. "Resume." And so it did, though as you uncross your legs the rest of your magic releases its hold, and the various bits of rock and mud fall away.
OIA'I'O

Table coding by Sky
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The girl didn't take the jar from him so he awkwardly brought it back towards him, glancing down at it. She was a peculiar person, no doubt. It was shocking to finally hear her speak a lot, he half expected the conversation to be mostly one-sided. "Interesting...so we could store it for later use? Put it into jars and maybe use it for other purposes? Like...what about using it in alchemy?" At this point Oliver had long assumed that she was a Natural. Surprisingly, he had hardly even gotten to know any of the naturals. Maybe it was because they weren't too fond of him or Outlanders were just nicer when it came to talking with new people.

The mud resumed and Oliver almost reached forward to touch it, but stopped himself. "What all can you use this magic with?" It wasn't anything he had ever seen before, nor had he ever heard of something quite like it. Was she using telekinesis to prevent it from moving? That could be the case.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Observer

Change author:
"If you want." You reply with a shrug. You don't particularly care at all what this man does with the mud. "It has no more useful properties than other species of mud do." You add.

What could you use the magic with? Well, anything. "At this stage I can use it to freeze time around small animals or small parts of the body. For instance, if your hand was cut, I could freeze time around it such that it would cease until you could find a healer. With other creatures, freezing time allows me to better observe them. Eventually the magic will become stronger allowing for the preservation of much bigger specimens."
OIA'I'O

Table coding by Sky
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Wait- What? Oliver thought that the mud was special. Normal mud didn't move like that. Surely, the magical moving mud would have special properties. Like, shouldn't it enhance your magical abilities, maybe making you super aware, or hell be a great skin cleanser?! "I'll find a use for it." And prove that it is fancier than normal mud. Screw whatever she says.

At least- until she started to talk about her powers, which in all honesty were absolutely terrifying. No way was this magic normal. Not in the slightest. It wasn't anything like Oliver had heard of before, nobody he had spoken to had magic even remotely similar to it. He was lucky that she was so limited, or so she claimed to be, because otherwise he'd probably be frozen in time. "And uh...how long could you freeze things in time for?" Lets hope she didn't have plans to freeze his heart until he died. That wouldn't be fun, not in the slightest.

"And how far away can you be for it to still work? And do you have to be able to see it?"
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Observer

Change author:
You merely blink at the blue-eyed man, caring very little about what he does or doesn't do with the mud. "Small things can remain frozen for a season or so. Larger things require concentration and for me to maintain my presence." You explain, your voice quite casual as if halting time in its metaphysical tracks was simply not a big deal at all.

"For smallish things I can be a few meters away. Larger and I have to be closer." You reply. As for seeing? "Were I to simply thrust out my magic without looking there would be dire consequences, but yes it is possible. I wouldn't do it though." You give the man a pointed look as if to imply that this is quite ludicrous.
OIA'I'O

Table coding by Sky
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Well. That conversation was splendid. She didn't really seem to be the sort who was very into talking. She'd answer his questions whenever he asked, but she didn't seem at all interested in anything he had to say. As well, she seemed to be maybe judging him slightly? Then again, Oliver couldn't be upset with her for that: everyone likes to judge others.

Still, she seemed content with where she was. Enjoying life here. Maybe he should offer to help her, but then again, maybe she was a Natural. As well, she could also be someone like the fae. Because she didn't seem to be in distress and also seemed to have been there for quite a long time, Oliver thought it might be safe to just head back now.

"Well...your magic sounds cool, yeah." Okay yeah, it seemed super cool. Extremely dangerous, but cool. "I should probably get going and find something to do with this mud...if you need anything, there are some houses super close to here. Someone should be able to help you." Oliver hoped that she'd be okay.

Standing back up, Oliver gave her one final look. "Again, if you need anything, someone will be available to help you. Don't be afraid to as others for assistance."

And with that, Oliver left, to where? Hell if he knew.
a disaster!
a massive mess
trying to not die
Observer

Change author:
You merely blink in response in what's meant to be a way for Oliver to exist the conversation. Why would you want things from houses? Other than shade, you aren't entirely sure what they could offer you. The mention of others simply makes you more quizzical. Of course you would ask if you needed something (probably). You aren't an idiot, though it's understandable that he'd think so. Lots of people do.

"Polite departure phrase." You call after Oliver, not sure what such a phrase in this land is, and so opting for the generic framing of it.
OIA'I'O

Table coding by Sky