regarding tall trees
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
OIA'I'O
It is the flight or fight response that makes the woods seem eerie. That is the feeling you feel when your legs go tingly and your stomach seems to drop. You however, do not feel this. You have no flight or fight instinct; that is, you've sufficiently quieted it so that it would not bother your research.

Walking through the woods you take note of the type of trees growing here, sketching and joting-down some short hand for later. You take rubbings of the bark and leaves, noting the new blooms that have begun to bud. It's amazing how with so little sunlight, there is still so much growth here. Cleverness on Rae's part, you realize, but still you marvel silently at it.

Pausing, you kneel down to observe a particularly fat mushroom that has seemingly taken over an upturned tree root.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Delphia

Seeing death as the end of life
Is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean
Ludo’s Woods was her favorite place. What lurked and scared most wrapped around Delphia like a warm blanket, familiar and soothing. Little spirits, waiting for loved ones to pass and move with them to Mort, lurking entities, never born, simply being in the shadows. The Daughter of Mort feared none of his realm, even those who walked amongst the creations of Vi and Rae. The spiritual entities that inhabited the wood though were roused, something new walking amongst them, unaware of their presence. They did not need to speak for Delphia to know, steel eyes following the movements of the dark blobs of spiritual energy shift and make way for the latest curiousity.

Peaking her own, the seer followed, whispers on the wind guiding her through the shifting trees. And while the blonde headed girl was unknown to the spirits of Ludo’s Woods, she was familiar to the demi-goddess. ”Oia’i’o. Welcome back. I see you have found some shaggy mane.” she said softly as she approached, a warm, loving smile on her lips. She had only briefly met the daughter of Rae and her twin brother, but she held them dear to her heart nonetheless. ”May I hug you?” she asked, recalling the girl’s preference for distance.
Coding base by Sky!
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Change author:
OIA'I'O
You pause, hearing your name. Most cannot pronounce it, which leads you to believe that the speaker is either from your home as well, or they have been taught how to say it. Turning, you regard a shorterish woman with piercing blue eyes that match your own; though were yours are distant and lack emotion, hers are warm and kind. "You know my name." You observe, rising to regard Delphine.

She asks if she can hug you, and were you the type prone to facial displays, you might have frowned. "Confusion." You say, closing your notebook. "Why would you want to hug me?"

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Delphia

Delphia tilted her head to the side slightly. Though Oia gave no expression, her statement made clear there was some sort of lack of recognition. ”Indeed, I do. We have met before. Do you not remember me?” she asked, curiously. Whether she did or didn’t wasn’t a matter for Delphia. She loved all of Vi and Rae’s creations, precious and ephemeral as they were, and there was a particular warm spot in her heart for those with inborn purpose from the gods like herself.

”To greet you because I’ve missed you and your brother since you visited last.” she said, ever patient with the other woman. ”But if you do not want me to hug you, that is alright as well. Whichever you are most comfortable with.”
Coding base by Sky!
Observer

Change author:
OIA'I'O
"No." You answer immediately, though there is no skepticism in your voice or your expression. This is to be expected after all. "Rae removed my memories when we were placed on assignment here." You explain. If this woman knows who you are, surely she knows who Kai is as well and can deduce who the we is meant to include.

"A hug is not required. You have already greeted me with your words and presence." You point out, adding: "I never want to be hugged." This doesn't mean that you haven't been. Indeed Kai wraps his arms around you often. This you tolerate easily. As for others? It is simply something you endure.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia

Rae removed her memories? What purpose could that possibly serve? "I see. Well, then, it is good to meet you again. My name is Delphia, daughter of Mort." she said softly, not missing a beat. Whatever Rae was up to was Rae's business, and though she felt badly that Oia did not remember things, she did not express it.

"Noted." she said with a nod. Same as before - physical touch was off the table. At least some things remained the same. "Can I help you with anything? These woods are my home and I know them well. And should you or Kaimana need it, you can come to me home for shelter and food." she offered.
Coding base by Sky!
Observer

Change author:
OIA'I'O
"Delphia." You repeat, pulling out your notebook and hastily writing down this new information. You add a bit of cursory physical details about your sort-of-cousin, before glancing up as she offers her aid. "Gratitude." You reply, nodding your head in a  perfunctory gesture.

"We have been sent to observe. With the fall of the barrier and the release of the Voice, we are meant to watch and record. Have there been any marked changed in the Greatwood since the barrier fell?"

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia

She smirked a bit. Delphia loved Oia's succinct mannerisms. She could see why some might find it frustrating, but she loved the clear honesty in it. She did not hide behind flowery words, more nature than human in that way. "Accepted." Delphia replied with a light nod, the smile dropping from her lips. Not because she was upset, she simply didn't feel need to maintain it longer.

"Ah. That makes sense." she said, nodding slightly. "A great deal has happened and it involved Vi forcing Rae to reluctantly intervene. Come, I shall explain while we walk so you might view the ultimate sacrifice that came in the wake of the blight." she said, turning slightly. As she did so the trees and brush parted slowly, still dark and ominous, but gladly making way for their familiat inhabitant. If she made to follow, Delphia would begin to walk.

"A blight was spread by the Ascended. The entire Greatwood was dying, as were many of its inhabitants as well as some in the Hollowed Grounds and even Safrin. The purpose, I believe, was the find the Mathair tree, in which was a dormant portal." she said with a bit of a shrug. "It took Vi and Rae's combined strengths, the efforts of a great many worshippers, and the sacrifice of a powerful fae to end it."
Coding base by Sky!
Observer

Change author:
OIA'I'O
You nod. You knew this part—intervention is what necessitated your arrival here, after all—but you are eager to hear Delphia's side of things. As a demi-god herself she will likely have a unique perspec tive on it that the human-animals typically do not display.

Following next to her with long strides, you raise a brow slightly at the mention of the blight. "Blight? Elaborate." You request in a passive voice; though this was apparently not necessary, as your almost-whatever-kin does just that.

Writing easily as you walk, you write down word for word her account of things. "Was the blight organic?" Given the Voice used the ascended and their technology to spread her consciousness in the past, you are inclined to believe that this is merely another iteration of that. "End it?" You repeat. "That isn't informative. End it how?"

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia

”I suppose that depends on if you consider that which the Voice creates organic.” she said with a slight shrug as they walked, seeming distracted as her eyes darted about, gazing at worlds only her eyes could perceive. Her brow furrowed for a moment, tilting her head as if listening to something, her forefinger drawing circles on her thumb absentmindedly as she fell silent. ”Look for the Friend of Frey. She was writing…writing, writing, writing. Hmmm…” she hummed, before suddenly tripping and stumbling over and overgrown root. Delphia face planted on the ground, grumbling as she slowly pulled herself back up.

”Yes, yes, pay attention clumsy girl, I know.” she sighed, a playful ghost of a smile on her lips.

”The Friend of Frey isn’t dead, and the spirits here are vague. But she must have some information about the blight that you might find useful.” she said, brushing debris off her knees before continuing forward. ”I am not sure how it worked exactly. But Vi created roses for the populace to spread, and once they had, they were to pray to Rae to heal the afflicted. Then the Fae sacrificed herself to contain the blight so it could no longer spread.” she said, then paused. ”I believe that was the order. Perhaps it was reversed. It was a very overwhelming time for me.”
Coding base by Sky!
Observer

Change author:
OIA'I'O
"Why would I." You question. "The technology she creates is composed of metal and electricity. That is not organic."

As Delphia speaks in a strange sounding voice, you pause and stare at her curiously. You make no attempt to intervene or help; you merely raise your notebook and record these strange new behaviors as they happen. Watching her fall with impassive blue eyes, you wait patiently until she picks herself up. "Who is the friend of Frey?" More importantly, why does Frey have friends. You make another note to mention this to Kai.

You record the words, frowning as Delphia mentions that perhaps she has it backwards. "Why overwhelming?" You ask, thinking that perhaps she has some sort of mental illness that makes it difficult for her to parse the world. On this of course you have no judgement, as you're in precisely the same boat.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia

Delphia shrugged a bit at Oia’s question. ”It looked organic. Though it spread more quickly than a natural substance it spread in a seemingly organic fashion. Nothing about it seemed shockingly un-organic. And yet, the Voice created it.” she said, shrugging again. She wasn’t sure where one things started and another stopped, nor did she care terribly much. All that mattered is that it ended in the way all organic things did – death.

She lifted her hands to her face, chin resting on the heels and fingertips thrumming against her cheekbones as she focused deeply. Images flitted before her eyes, though they were fuzzy and indistinct, the clarity she sought still just beyond her reach and a bit beyond the capabilities of the spirits around her. ”She is blonde. Skinny.” she muttered, turning slightly until she faced the direction of the Crimson Cataract. Her head tilted to the side, straining to hear and see more. ”She comes from the Hollowed Grounds. Busy. Very busy. The color pink and honeysuckle is important though I’m not sure why…I apologize, it is hard to get more than that. Were she dead the picture would be much clearer.” she said.

”Because so much died.” she said softly, looking back to Oia, the haze in her eyes suddenly clearing. ”Suddenly. Painfully. Their minds twisted. So many did not understand their own deaths and required help to move on to my father.”
Coding base by Sky!
Observer

Change author:
OIA'I'O
This answer too you find unhelpful. You don't particularly care about how it looked or seemed, you want to know what it was, how it worked. Perhaps you shouldn't be surprised given who is telling you this information: a child of Mort is likely to be just as sentimental and trusting of the world as its parent.

Blonde. Skinny. Busy. Honeysuckle and pink. The words seem like the start of some gibberish abstract poem and you find yourself immediately disliking this description. You want something concrete and tangible, not vague. Still, you cannot fault Delphia for this. She is apparently doing all that she can.

"Do you find yourself overwhelmed the same way during rockslides? Earthquakes?" You're trying to determine if Delphia's reaction has anything to do with the cause, or simply the sheer amount of souls. Many who die in confusing circumstances must need help finding Mort, after all. But if there was something particularly novel about this case, then perhaps that would help you better understand the blight.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia

Unfortunately, very few things were concrete when it came to the realm of spirits, not confined to the limitations of corporeal reality. But Delphia felt confident that Oia would be able to find this woman. For her to have left an imprint in even a small manner, noticeable enough for the spirits and the wood to maintain knowledge of, she must be something special. And if any could find uniqueness in the seemingly mundane, it would be Oia.

”Mmmmm yes and no. If many die at once it can be overwhelming. But this was so because they were not themselves. They were…controlled. Manipulated. Twisted. Whatever the blight did to them left them shadows of themselves, even in death. Such spirits can be unruly and difficult to soothe and guide to my father’s realm. “
Coding base by Sky!