{SEASONAL EVENT} muddled thoughts
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Mud was everywhere, and it was really cramping Amun’s style. It was hard to look attractive when, no matter how hard he tried, every look he put on very quickly became an ugly and damp brown. As he’d thought many times before in his life: fuck Caido. LongNight had been the worst, but the tree thing had been pretty bad as well, as was getting stabbed. Granted, he was never bogged down for long, but the literal bog that the Hollowed Grounds had become just might do it.

Which was why he’d gone to a secluded place to see if he could figure out how the mud worked. If he could do that, maybe he could get it to stop clinging to him like an unwanted second skin. The only clinging he wanted was a willing and eager partner molded to his body that kept coming back for more. Instead, he was stuck in this weird place called the Bone Bridge, body streaked in mud, with more in his hands.

Actually, he was also trying to determine whether the stuff could be used in pottery. He’d been a potter in his old world, but unfortunately hadn’t been able to get started in Caido. Granted, Ascended and fire didn’t mix, so the kiln would be a problem, but he could work around that. More concerning was the lack clay in the region; without clay, or a suitable substitute, he couldn’t make pots at all. He had managed to scrape a bunch of the mud into a jar, which he’d brought out here. However, try as he might, he couldn’t get it to retain its shape.

Delphia
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
It had taken quite a bit of effort on her part to coax herself into the Hollowed Grounds, and it was no real surprise that the first place she went was the most "haunted" looking place. Heavy mists? A bridge that appeared made of bone? Sign Delphia up.

But even the fog could not hide the weight this land carried. It was oppressive, and it made her wonder how any could thrive in such an environment. Were she not who she was, it would certainly have been a near maddenning place to exist. Yet people did it seemed - though thrived may have been to strong a word. And so she decided to do what little she could. As she walked, she held a small piece of pottery on a chain, swinging it lightly as she did so. From two small holes, smoke plumed and billowed, leaving a clean, earthy scent in its wake. White sage, Palo Santo, Sweetgrass, and Cedar; all gifts of Rae that her family had used for as long as any could remember to cleanse the air of the remnants of death. Someday she hoped she might have the power to imbue it with a more lasting effect, removing the residual dead from wherever it suffused the earth. But for now she could at least temper it - a small bandage on a gaping wound.

It was in doing so that she came across a man, collecting mud it seemed. Her head tilted slightly as she watched. "An interesting building material." she said softly.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Although Amun had been engrossed with trying to get the mud to keep any shape for more than a few seconds—he’d tried a cup, an urn, a bowl, a plate, all to no avail—the scent of burning herbs filled the air. As someone who’d spent much of his life on a ship, and as someone who was currently quite flammable, he wasn’t exactly thrilled with the smell. Besides, he couldn’t get physical pleasure through anything but blood, and that extended to his nose.

Glancing up, he watched an incredibly dramatic looking figure making her way down the Bone Bridge to him. He could see her easily in the darkness: censor in hand, tall thin limbs, pale skin, messy hair, otherworldly light in her haunted blue-grey eyes. Alright then. He scooped up the mud he’d been working with and put it back in the jar. ”Unlike my partners, I prefer my materials a little less lively, Smokey.” Grinning a little wickedly, he rose to his feet. ”How about you?” His gaze swept down and then back her body.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Her head tilted slightly, considering the man as he rose. His ancestors also seemed not to wish to speak about him. It was odd, unsettling, standing before people so often who had no one of kinship residing in Mort's realm or even still wandering Caido in his plane. It would certainly take getting used to. "Smokey? Not quite but creative guess." she said, the smile that was not curving her lips evident in her eyes.

She decided rather quickly though she was not particularly fond of the way he looked at her - up and down, leering even though she towered over him. But it wasn't anything against him either. He was as he was made, and all that was created was perfect in its own way, whether she appreciated it or not in any given moment. "I tend not to make things. It is not my strong suit.".
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
”It’s a nickname, Smokey, not a guess. Seemed apt, between the censor and your eyes.” Amun winked at her in response to her smile; it hadn’t reached her lips, but the Ascended had long ago learned to watch the eyes. They lied far less often than lips did. Especially when people were talking.

Having decided that she wasn’t a threat—and that he didn’t need to be all that charming, since she wasn’t his type—he settled back down, sitting cross-legged. Placing the jar in his lap, he took out a glob of it and made another attempt at shaping it into a simple bowl. However, it seemed to fold in on itself, and on his fingers, even when he gave it his best smolder. Apparently it was immune to his charms. His gaze flicked up to the woman. Time to find out if she was as well. ”What is your strong suit, then? Are you a people person?” His eyes held a mischievous glint.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
A nickname? She wasn't sure anyone had ever given her one that wasn't a derivative of her given name. But the word censore confused her, which was clear in the slight furrow of her brow. "Censor...you mean my incense diffuser?" she asked, glancing down at the little piece of pottery hanging in the small chain before her.

In silence, Delphia watched as the man tried to make something of the mud, and like Loren before him, failed miserably. "A people person? If they are dead, then yes." she said with a light shrug.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
An incense diffuser was a censer ignoring the fact for the moment that this narrator can’t spell, the words censor and censer sound exactly the same, so Amun just grinned as he nodded in agreement. ”Exactly, Smokey.” It was a bit odd that she didn’t even know the name of the tool she was using. If she’d been a man, he might’ve added some quip about teaching her how to use it properly, or about making another kind of fire, but she wasn’t, so he contented himself with just winking at her.

At her cryptic comment, the potter waggled his eyebrows at her. ”Well. I’ve come back from the dead. Though as I said already, I like the live ones better.” He smiled then licked his lips—making sure to linger on his fangs—while his hands continued to try and form something. However hard he tried though it kept squirming out of shape. This was probably a hopeless cause, but it was pleasant enough just shaping the mud and chatting that he was willing to stick with it a little while longer. If nothing else, he was getting back in practice with shaping his products.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Skipping over the fact that the other narrator's inability to spell made this narrator infinitely confused as they did not know censer as a word existed before so Google yielded frustratingly few result to aid in clarification, Delphia nodded, understanding now what the man meant. It didn't really matter to her either way was the man called her. Smokey suited her just as find as anything else.

The comment about coming back from the dead made her brow furrow in confusion though. That was quite a grandiose statement to make. Her father rarely allowed for such concessions and certainly never allowed them - to her knowledge - without some sort of exchange to maintain the balance. "What did you give to my father in exchange for your mortal soul and form then?" she asked, missing entirely the undertone of his words and actions, so engrossed as she was in understanding what sort of deal this man had made with Death himself.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Well, that hadn’t been the answer that Amun had been expecting, not at all. He gave the woman a wicked grin, exposing his fangs. ”Didn’t give anything to anyone. I’m just all me.” He winked at her for good measure. It was actually a complicated story, involving the gods of two worlds, but the Ascended didn’t really feel the need to get into all that just now. Instead, he gave the stranger another once over. ”Who's your daddy, Smokey?” Either she was crazy or there was something fishy going on here. The potter would withhold judgment until he figured out which one it was. Maybe it was both.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Her nose wrinkled in confusion. He...didn't give anyone...anything? "That makes no sense." she said plainly, still trying to work it out in her head. Briefly, she wondered if this was how Oia felt when dealing with most people, the vague, idiosyncratic, and colloquial mannerisms of the general populous confounding a mind so rooted in pure dichotomies. Her heart ached briefly with empathy for her. All the more reason she should be mindful of her cousin's preferences and work to be as un-frustrating as possible. It didn't hurt her any to go out of her way for her, after all.

My father is Mort, God of Death." she said simply, tilting her head to the side as she considered him. "That he should let any be revived and allowed to live after entering his realm is a rare gift he is loathe to give. Why would he give you such a thing when he gave nothing in return to repair the disruption in the balance between life and death?"
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun chuckled at her confusion. ”Not everything needs to make sense. Sometimes it’s better to feel than to think, Smokey. Plus, I'm one of a kind.” Perhaps she was one of those types who needed explanations for everything. If so, she’d never be truly happy, because not everything in the world could be reduced to its component parts. Some things just were, which was why it was better to be like the Ascended and just find enjoyment in life.

As she revealed that her father was not just a god, but the god of death, the potter looked her over once more, as if trying to see some outward sign of her divine parentage. ”Well that’s very cool, Smokey. I imagine family dinners are a little awkward though.” He winked at her, then grinned at her continued insistence that Amun’s existence was an anomaly. Messing with a demi-god was probably not his best idea, but he wasn’t super impressed with her power or her connections, and he messed with everyone. If he ignored her, she’d feel left out. ”I feel like that’s a question for your daddy, not for me.” Granted, Mort wouldn't be able to answer her. That was her problem, not the Ascended's.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Ok, yes, certainly not everything needed to make sense but this was really out there. She made a mental note to ask her father about this. Had the terms of life and death shifted? Was more leniency being granted? It didn’t terribly matter, as those decisions were ultimately Mort’s, but she would rather know so as not to be made a fool while out doing work in his name.

”Why awkward? she asked. That was…odd as well. Mort was warm and loving – to be able to have that sort of frequent, extended time with him wouldn’t have been awkward, it would have been wonderful. She was starting to wonder if this man had ever even met Mort…which gave way to the possibility that perhaps this life he had been given was somehow made behind his back. ”I will certainly ask, but if a contract for your life was made outside of his purview…well I doubt he will allow it to continue for very long.” she warned.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Well that was a silly question. ”Does Mort even eat?” The Ascended didn’t, so any family dinners with Amun and The Voice and the rest of her ‘bright ones’ would be inherently awkward. The potter imagined it would be much the same with Smokey and her father. However, as she continued to talk about the old god, the Ascended put the mud he’d been shaping all this while back in the jar and stood up. ”Is that a threat?” His voice came out idly, as if he didn’t care one way or the other. Still, his eyes were wary.

Then, though, Amun chuckled, the sound dark and low. ”No contract, nothing so fancy or formal.” If anything, the potter had something taken from him when he’d regained his mortal form, and something more when he’d been brought to Caido. However, he wasn’t going to tell the demi-god that he’d paid a price, not after she’d expressed such certainty over matters of life and death. ”If Mort has a problem with me, he can come talk to me himself.” The Ascended wasn’t much impressed with the current messenger. ”Until then, I’m going to keep enjoying myself.” Grinning wickedly, the potter winked. ”In the meantime, perhaps you should consider whether Daddy is so all powerful, Smokey.” Clearly she wasn’t, if she didn’t know Amun’s origins.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
An interesting question. She tilted her head to the side in thought. ”I am sure he could if he wanted to. And I don’t see why he wouldn’t. He loves life and all that it entails, which would include delicious foods.” she surmised. She would log that away for later too. Did her father eat? A silly question, but an entertaining one to say the least.

”It is not a threat. Merely a statement of fact.” she said with a shrug. If he found that threatening? Well, that was his problem to sort through. That he continued to question Mort’s power was a bit grating but it didn’t show on her face. ”Ah, I see. It is unlikely we will come to any sort of consensus if that is your thought process. I suppose I shouldn’t bother you further.” she said, turning to leave.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!