Personal Quest [SE] drowning me out with that alcohol
PQ for setting up the new bar!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SuNjATA
the flood
There’s one thing that Sunjata is familiar with more than most things – bars.

So with that in mind, it only makes sense that since he also has had a hand in its demise, it seems only fitting that he works to give back to the cause of ensuring that people can happily get drunk. Seeing as Ezra is also missing, likely gone, he decides that now is the time to start up something for him, for Lusea too, to try and get back into that old rhythm.

That and he sorely missed the opportunity of having something to do.

Lucas’ old house seems as good a place as any. Sturdy enough, close enough to the headquarters of the Devil’s Advocates without the opportunity of people stumbling upon them, thanks to Edrei. And besides, Adam had already given him his go ahead for the boxing ring at some point. This took absolute precedence.

But gods, there’s so much fucking work to do. He’s passed word along to Melita, to Loren, to Lusea (obviously) that he wanted to get this up and running. But there’s debris that has fallen through a window that was opened somehow, there’s mud crawling up the sides, and the door seems halfway hung on its hinges. He grits his teeth in slight annoyance, having brought the things needed to fix it, to redecorate, to relocate whatever Lucas has inside to make room for it. But the space seems big enough, and if need be they might be able to expand at some point in the future.

Setting the packs of tools along the front door steps, he leans against the doorframe, waiting for those he’s invited to arrive, dressed in nothing more than a sleeveless shirt and a pair of pants. It’s cold, yes, but there’ll be plenty of work to do to warm up from the chill in the air.

PQ for putting together the new bar!! Once everyone arrives we’ll delegate the tasks <3 Should count for cleaning up after LongNight as well for the SE, seeing as there's plenty of LongNight stuff stuck inside ;D

1. Loren
2. Melita
3. Lusea

Slots are all filled! No post order <3
would you run away with me?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Loren had been surprised—and more than a little pleased—to get an invite from Sunjata to come help build a new bar. Granted, seeing as the summoner had burned down the last one, it was the least he could do to help set up the new one. However, it was nice to not be the one in charge of these efforts. It was even nicer to know that the panther didn’t mind the Launceleyn.

So he’d shown up, in comfortable and serviceable black clothes. They were already a bit dirty from the seemingly ever-present mud, but at this point he was resigned to it. When he arrived, he gave the other man a friendly nod. ”Hey Sunjata. How’ve you been?” Glancing around, the Launceleyn was surprised to see he was the first to arrive. ”Who else is coming to this?” Lusea, probably, but the summoner wasn’t exactly sure where things stood with the panther and his resurrected love.

While Loren waited for the rest of the crew, he turned to regard the spot the other man had chosen. It was a run down looking house, and the Launceleyn was a bit surprised at the choice. Still, he didn’t mind not building the new tavern on the spot of the old one. It had always struck him as a bit odd that it had been attached to the Temple anyway.
LOREN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
MELITA
The youth had given her word to help Sunjata in his efforts, and followed directions to a clearly abandoned house. Nonplussed or fussed by the conditions, because the thing was still standing, and that was already multitudes better than some shelters she’d partaken in, she applied her bountiful energy, zest, and fervor with simply being glad to assist, to have a purpose. She wouldn’t need to wallow. She wouldn’t need to hang her head low. She wouldn’t need to feel useless, inept, or ineffectual – though, without her weapons today, she felt peeled away, a layer left off, unfamiliar, unknown.

Fangorn bounded along her ankles and slid in beside her as they wandered to the aperture and threshold, a sundry smile on her features for Sunjata, before her eyes ghosted to Loren; a nod and nothing more, slightly earned gratitude and respect after assisting in summoning the luxere, but not entirely forgiven for earlier antics. Her gaze segmented straight back to the newly attuned, aplomb and energy sizzling, sparking, through her veins. “Ready when you are! What would you like us to do?” The eagerness was a palpable, tangible armament, safeguards against the darkness, the melancholy, the way she’d done nothing for so long.
You're all gonna watch me
Disappear into the sun
Lusea Kotze
Messenger

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 7 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
we got that love, the crazy kind
I am his and he is mine
Where do things stand? Any such question should be thoroughly answered as I enter from somewhere in the back of the building, arms full of fresh timber, hair tied back in a long, sleek tail. Depositing my wares in the middle of the shop, I raise up a hand to wipe the sweat from my brow before flashing Loren a wicked grin.

He shouldn't have a problem remembering the last time I was soaked in this much sweat.

Standing on tiptoes to kiss Sunny's cheek, I look at the assembled group with curiosity and a high arched brow. The girl is a stranger, though if the red hair and pumpkin are anything to go by then I have a solid guess as to who this errant member of our family might be. Stepping toward her I smile warmly, extending a hand for her to grasp. "You must be Gaal's girl- Melita, right? I'm Lusea Kotze."

Turning back to Loren, I raise my brow again, crossing my arms playfully over my chest. "And here I thought your specialty was burning down bars, not building them up. Got some more tricks to show off, hmm?" A little bit of a wink, the briefest flirty smirk: it's for Sunjata's benefit as much as the summoner's. I'm not particularly angry anymore, but it doesn't mean I don't want to keep him just a little jealous. You know, so he doesn't forget that he could still fuck up.
LUSEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He’d be lying if he wasn’t pleased that Loren had agreed, and when the summoner appears he returns the friendly nod with a bright smile. “Much better now that the sun is back.” He rumbles at first, before Loren glances around and asks who else is to come, and Sunjata offers him a slightly rogue smile, something that almost seemed to scream you’ll see. And just like clockwork, Melita appears. A brighter grin is given to the red haired girl, a niece of sorts as of late, having mentioned her to Lusea – pleased that they could all get together for this endeavor. She’s incredibly excited, and it rubs off on the Korofi man as he turns toward Lusea who appears from the back room, dropping more wares and leaning up to kiss him on his cheek.

A hand briefly ghosts her shoulder with a light and tender squeeze as she turns her attention to Melita and Sunjata nods. “Indeed she is.” He rumbles in confirmation, giving Melita a wink before turning his attention to Loren right when Lusea does. A flirty smirk does nothing but garner a roll of his eyes and a slightly awkward chuckle. “If you two are done, we’ve got work to do.” He rumbles entirely playfully, giving Lusea a light smirk before turning to the house they stand in.

So this used to be Lucas’ place. Seeing as he’s dead now, we’re going to convert it.” A brief pause for anyone to object before he barges on. “LongNight hit it pretty hard, so we’re going to need to remove the bits of… Tree and the mud from the walls – it’s not the weird kind of mud outside though, so it should be easy. We also need to reinforce the windows and make sure they’re sealed correctly, fix a few of the bricks that have gotten loose, and remove the furniture out front. Maybe someone else wants it, but we’re going to put our own flair in here.” He lays out all the plans easily, glancing to each one of them in turn.

There’s rags in the back, buckets for water to remove the mud and brooms to remove the bits of tree. There’s things to reinforce the sealing on the windows to prevent water from coming in. There’s also a bit of mortar that can be used to reinforce the bricks – things him and Lusea have accumulated in the days leading up. “Pick whichever one you like, I’ll pick whichever’s left.” He offers, waiting to see what they decide.

Round One Tasks you get to pick from ;D
- Clean the walls of the normal mud, remove the bits of tree.
- Reinforce the window sealing and close the windows.
- Fix the loose bricks.
- Remove the left behind furniture.

No post order :D Sunjata will fill whatever’s left.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
loyalty makes you family
They were all much better now that the sun was back. However, before Loren could respond to Sunjata, Melita showed up. The red-headed woman was still mad at the summoner, understandably so, so he just gave her a nod in response to her own. Fangorn got a smile, though the gourd was likely mad at the Launceleyn as well.

The Lusea was there. She got an actual grin from Loren, though his eyes flicked to the panther, wondering how he’d take it; between that and the presence of Melita, the summoner wasn’t going to flirt too much. ”I’m a show off, yes. But if you stick around maybe you’ll get lucky and see all my tricks.” The other man spoke up, and the Launceleyn glanced at Sunjata. ”But we’re just getting started.” Loren’s voice came out cheerfully and a little teasingly: despite his tension with Melita and the lingering awkwardness post-threesome, he found he was excited about this task.

Then they got their marching orders. Immediately, he knew which one he’d tackle. It might’ve been regular mud, but his magic would make short work of it regardless. Raising his hands, water burst out of them in a controlled manner. He washed the walls of their mud and plant matter, chasing what he could outside, then drawing the moisture back off the walls when he was done.

Loren cleans the bits of mud and tree with his water magic.
LOREN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
Another came in – and though the other woman was an unknown, a stranger, it readily became apparent as to who she was (a tempestuous force that engulfed Melita in a sudden wave of clarity, enticed her to grin). At her approach, announcement, and name, the youth’s mischievous balm unraveled, hand extended in a fervor (and how odd; to hear her as Gaal’s girl, when the man had never made a single effort beyond staring at her, at her sister, and deciding they weren’t worth his attention; the credit should’ve gone to her mother, who sacrificed, who gave, who tried, who strived, far, far more than that ridiculous beast ever had). “Pleased to meet you!” Which wasn’t a fabrication; it was intriguing to see whom Sunjata attached himself to – the Cheshire grin not escaping her hold. Fangorn growled from below, like a warning, but she shrugged, unaware of what lay between all the other members of the party.

Ignorance was probably bliss.

She placed her full attention on the task thereafter, used to these proclamations and endeavors, eager to assist when and where she could. Melita hadn’t ever met Lucas, and if she had, he might’ve just been one more face in the crowd, but his house hadn’t made it through LongNight without some sort of machination. Maybe it’d be best to convert it – so she nodded along, listening, pondering over which task she’d take. It was unfortunate nothing required weapons or some semblance of irritating power – she watched for a moment as Loren opted for cleaning mud and tree with watery emblems. The youth had experience in making mortar for Jigano in past rotations; for Ludo’s shrine, for the Atheneum’s repairwork. She’d be content to do it again. “I can mix mortar and fix the bricks,” she proffered with a light shrug, before bounding off to follow suit on her claim. Fangorn followed close behind, chirping and hissing. The honeybee youth inspected those suspected to be loose, running her hand over mangled edges and frayed ends, before going to apply herself to the mortar, running up her sleeves, recognizing patterns and rituals, routines and procedures, from experiences past.

--

Melita chooses to help fix loose bricks!
Disappear into the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
After a few moments of thought, Lusea leaves them to the rest of the tasks, having decided that she should be the one to hand pick the alcohol they’ll be displaying and sharing (provided future Jata doesn’t drink all of it) and leaves them to their tasks. Sunjata picks up the slack in moving the left behind furniture out to make more space for them to work. It luckily doesn’t take long, setting them along the street with a sign saying they were available for anyone should they want it.

Gods knew the bar certainly didn’t need it.

Loren meanwhile, manages to get all the mud out of the soon to be business, leaving the walls relatively clean looking before the summoner draws the moisture off of the walls. It should make for some easy work for the next set of tasks they have, and Sunjata offers a nod and a rogue smile to the summoner for the quick and surprisingly easy work of it – magic having always been surprising to him, though he’s not sure he’d ever want it.

Melita is also incredibly successful in mixing the mortar and fixing the bricks. With Fangorn’s help, she manages to reset some of the fallen bricks, smoothing them out and ensuring the grout on them will be sturdy enough for many years to come. At least this way the bricks won’t fall again, won’t pose a hazard in case someone tries to start a fight.

Settling again, he glances to the windows briefly before the duo before him with that same small smile along his face. “Lusea went to go get supplies for when we’re done. So we need to work on the windows next.” He says briefly, turning to reach for a large can of paint – dark navy blue in color. “And we should probably paint back here.” He gestures to the wall that Loren had finished cleaning the mud from. It would be the base of where the bar would go, and while they did that he’d work on renovating a desk into the actual bar portions.

Round two:
Lusea went to go get booooooooze, which leaves us <3
- Fix the windows/resealing and closing them
- Paint the wall behind where the bar is going in!

No post order, would like to keep this moving though since it's been aaaages ;D
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Success – perhaps one day Melita could change her vocation from monster hunter to mortar and brick layer. She patted Fangorn’s head for a job well done, content with their enterprise, dusting off her hands to survey the completed task. Her eyes catch Lusea wandering off, a brief wave granted to the fellow firebrand, before listening to the next set of instructions from Sunjata.

Her eyes went immediately to the paint – memories of her attempts to help Ronin with the Guild Hall, the outside vestiges requiring steady hands and strokes of the brush. It’d been like lifetimes ago. The nostalgia curled over her, and she quickly shot up a palm. “I can do the paint!” Before Loren could decide he was going to snatch it up either, the youth rushed for the cans, brushes, and other necessary supplies, sweeping towards the wall with the poise and dignity of some savage little beast. Then she readily applied her tactics, dipping the bristles into the deep, dark blue, and hastening them upon the designated threshold.

---

Melita goes to paint the wall!
Disappear into the sun
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
The summoner nodded at Sunjata's words. Melita went right for the paint, which left Loren with the windows. Taking a step forward, he started by inspecting them, seeing where the seals had flaked. Sighing, he created a knife and attempted to scrape off the old sealant. Assuming there was no problem with that, he'd grab new sealant from the pile of supplies Sunjata had, well, supplied.

That in hand, he'd return to the windows he'd worked on and place fresher caulk on the areas he'd removed it from. It wasn't difficult work, just annoying and tedious. That done, he stepped back to see if his efforts had been successful.

Loren attempts to reseal and close the windows.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Melita is quick to dash to the paint, and Sunjata had supplied plenty of brushes, plenty of pans, to get the job done. It takes a fair amount of work, though, and despite the small amount of paint that splatters from the wall and covers Melita in small streaks of navy, it’s successful. The paint has been applied, covering the stains from the mud as well as the light beige it had originally been, and once it dries it’ll be even and exactly what Sunjata had hoped it to be.

Loren’s work on the windows takes a while as well, but his work is quickly finished as well. He’ll find that when he steps back to inspect the window it’ll look just like it’s brand new, the seals holding tight and not an ounce of wind of cold will seep in from the where he’d made the repair. The windows still allow for a fair amount of light to shine through, easily hidden by the draw of curtains.

Sunjata works on forming the bar, edging and sanding a small amount of it down so it’s even and staining it a deep, rich hue, before he focuses on hammering the nails into what would become the counter top. He’d already prepared a fair amount of shelves, and all that needs to be done is place them in front of the wall that Melita had painted.

Looking up to Melita and Loren, he grins widely. “Perfect. Alright, now we just have to put this in place.” He says, gesturing to the shelving/drawers and the base of the countertop. “The big piece can go in the middle, then the two shelves can go on the sides, then we’ll tighten down the top of the counter onto it and that should be it.” He steps over to the main section, it’s heavy but liftable, though it might require some help to move it where he wants it to.

Superstars <3 Round 3!
Help Sunjata place the base of the bar in place, the shelves on the side, and finally the bar top and that should be good! No post order <3
if i let go, would you hold on?
would we fly?
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
She was stained, contorted, in blue, streaks of it on her face and clothing, either like war paint riddled across her cheeks or just a haphazard storm of mischief and impetuousness. Regardless of the speckled mess she’d become, the efforts and task were successful again, and if her hands weren’t completely covered she might’ve pattered herself on the back. Instead, she tried to wipe down the spots on Fangorn’s head while Sunjata gave the last set of instructions. The youth raised her navy-blemished features towards the aforementioned mission, eyeing the shelves, and drawers.

On a wave of more devilish delight, her hands went for the biggest portion, strong and formidable, an enduring little cretin, striving to maneuver and claw the shelving to its designated area. There was a dare, a gleam in her eyes, as if goading and inciting anyone to try and tell her not to take the largest piece, a lift to her defiant chin.

--

Melita goes to take the biggest part of the shelving to move. XDD
Disappear into the sun
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Nodding again at the instructions, Loren walked closer to the bar. Seeing as he wasn’t that physically strong, he couldn’t hold both of the sides on his own. So he reached down deep to his magic and teased out a new strand of it. His eyes flicked to Melita. "Gonna summon something." Then his brow furrowed, and a bear appeared.

It lumbered forwards and gently lifted one of the shelves gently in its jaw, using its paws and body to steady it and hold it in place. For his part, the summoner bent down and picked up the other shelf, doing his best to emulate his summoned creature's movements.

Loren and his bear work on the shelves.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Melita is quick on the draw yet again, reaching for the large piece for the center. And he wonders, watching the navy blue speckled girl, if she’ll even be strong enough to handle it while he’d struggled a small amount in the first place. Still, he offers his own help after watching her grab it on her own, surprise lingering in the steel glance he gives her. The two make quick work of putting the center down and ensuring it’s in place.

Loren’s comment on summoning the bear is granted a nod from him as he and Melita work to fit the connections and restraints down. The bear and Loren work quickly to add the shelving and drawers to the sides, and everything works without a hitch (since everyones been rolling so FAB) and suddenly, it’s relatively put together. A few minor things that need to be done closer to the opening of it, but Sunjata is incredibly pleased with the work put into it so far.

Stepping back, he surveys the work, brushing off the dust from his clothes before he offers a smirk to the rest of them. “It looks great.” He admits, voice softer as he looks around again to the navy wall and the wooden accents, a significant step up from the bar of the Resistance. “Thanks for the help. You both get drinks named after you.” He winks to Melita before offering a grin to Loren.

It’s not much, but its what he can offer, aside from himself and his friendship to the two that are here. But it’s something.

DONEEE you guys are rockstars <3
Feel free to have them mill about or go home, its whatever! And if you have ideas for what goes in said drink that’s named after you, ping me ;D