Voices Call to Me
For Abasi
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHiA
So there was a noticed that all who lived in the Greatwood were not to enter the Hollowed Grounds. Fine enough. But she blatantly did not care. The realm of her father knew no boundaries, and where the spirits called to her, she would go. As it was, being not of Fae descent, she felt it highly unlikely any would suspect her of being out of place. And so, she let herself be pulled beyond her familiar, comfortable borders and into the ruins of the Hollowed Grounds.

Quietly she walked through the ruins, picking her way through the rubble, a dark, heavy cloak protecting her from any surprise rainstorms for which the season was known. In one hand she carried a censer, swinging it lightly from her hand to encourage plumes of white sage, sweet grass, and cedar smoke to billow from it. The whole of the Hollowed Grounds unsettled her. So long had it been left to steep in the energy of the dead that it all felt twisted and unnatural. "Begone darkness and suffering, for Mort bestows his light and love upon this land. Begone anger and hatred, for Mort smiles upon this place. Begone the chains that make you linger here, for Mort has made a new place for you. May only that which Vi creates and Rae curates reside here, all else begone - Mort calls you to his domain." she muttered, under her breath, desperate to cleanse the area of all she could feel and see, yet was not yet powerful enough to manipulate more directly.
Spoiler Alert: Everybody Dies
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Did they think there wouldn’t be people watching the border? There are several.

She can’t fault the individual’s willingness to break the rules - after all, she’s been a vehement rule-breaker herself. But the blatant walking across the border in daylight is just too rude and flagrant for Wessex to ignore it. Already cloaked against the daylight, she follows the path of the person from sentry to sentry, until they’re no longer in view, and then she's on her own. Good thing Wessex was a hunter and a tracker before she Ascended. Where she might have lost the stranger in the ruins, she is able to follow a careless step and a strange collection of herbal smoke.

She really needs some henchmen to do this kind of thing for her.

As silently as the Ascended Queen can be during the day, she comes up behind the muttering, scent-waving person and clears her throat.

“You are not allowed to be here.”

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia startled, pulled from her concentration with suddenness at the sound of a very-much-not-dead-yet voice. She turned slowly, looking at the other woman with a haunted expression illuminating her pale eyes. It took her a moment to place her, having only seen her briefly once before. The Ascended Queen. Ah, yes, come to protect her territory, as though her will in the world somehow surpassed that of the gods themselves. Though, was that not the exact attitude that had gotten the children of the Voice entrapped in this place before? She could not fault the woman her natural instinct.

"You say that, and yet death pervades this place. And where there is death, so too shall I be." she said softly, a warmth coloring her gaze as she looked upon the Ascended woman. "To declare that Mort himself does not belong anywhere is to deny the natural balance of the world."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Mort himself causes the Wraith’s eyebrows to shoot nearly up to her hairline, before her gaze pointedly crawls up and down the woman, then to her accessory. “I don’t see Mort here. Unless you’re keeping him in that little ball thing.” A movement of her head indicates the smelly thing. Arms cross over her chest and the expression on her face very clearly says that she’s over this already. The last thing she wants to be doing right now is talking to a religious nut.

Why is it always Ludo and Mort who get the fanatic ones?

Anyway, Wessex isn't going to argue about what she did or did not say. It was in plain enough terms. Her patience will not last long.

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia glanced down at the incense burner briefly, but shook her head, the corners of her eyes crinkling slightly as a ghost of a smile crossed her lips. "No, this is but an incense burner, to help cleanse the air of the residual dead for a time." she said, amused at the thought that Mort would somehow be carried in her little device. He was rather slim but quite tall, and though he could probably find a way to make it work, she doubted he would be very comfortable. Internally she made a note to tell him about this notion - he would be quite amused she thought at the creativity of the minds of humanity.

"But Mort is with me always, for I am his daughter." she said, head tilting slightly to the side. "In the absence of Ludo, he created me to help move on wayward spirits and souls. Would you deny Mort's blessing of eternal love and comfort in his realm from your people?" she asked, curious. Did this Queen really think the quarrels of mortals superseded the authority and will of the gods?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

“Hmm,” she replies with another glance towards the pendulous accoutrement. It was a far less exciting explanation than she realized she’d hoped for. The rest of the girl’s explanation, however, makes her shake her head. “I’m not a gullible Outlander, the Gods don’t have offspring. And I’ve had enough of the Ludo crazies for this year.” Reaching out her hand, she makes a ‘come hither’ gesture and jerks her head back towards the entrance of the Ruins.

“Come on. I’ll give you the first and only free pass.” Out of the kindness of her heart (ha), but mostly because she really doesn’t want to have to hurt anyone again. Her people have softer consciences than she does. “Next time I won’t be nice.”

And to their credit, the Fae gave the Grounders the opportunity to leave the Woods peacefully. She can be courteous enough to offer the same the first time.

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
"I've never met Ludo, though I suppose its illusions could drive one crazy from what I've heard." she said, mind drifting off as she considered it. Would Ludo do such a thing? She supposed if pressed it was entirely possible. Any of the gods could get a little cranky and punish mortal for bothering them in such a manner. But the movement of the queen's hands caught her attention, and brought her out of her momentary rabbit hole. "If you mean that the gods do not have offspring by participating in coitus with a human, then I suppose with the exception of Frey you would be correct. I was a dead soul that Mort place within my mother's womb, blessed by his hand with gifts to do his work in the world." she explained, eyes crinkling with amusement again. Gods save the woman that dared to lay with Mort, for Vi would smite her in an instant.

And vice versa, she was fairly certain.

But as the woman insisted she leave, she straightened, steely eyes locking onto the queen's gaze. "I will leave... but to be clear...by removing me from this place, you wish to keep the souls of your people from ever reaching Mort in death? You denounce his blessing?" she asked for clarity.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

To be clear, Wessex begins in mild irritation, “I don’t believe you’re Mort’s daughter.” Her hand remains outstretched to guide the girl back. After all, nothing had been proven, nothing came out of her mouth other than ‘believe, because I say it is so.’ And the Queen is the kind of woman who needs something tangible to change her mind. This chick with an incense burner? It’s definitely odd, but it’s not gonna cut it.

“We’ve somehow managed without you for years. I imagine we’ll continue on just fine.” She denounces nothing and no one (see how that works, followers of the Old Gods?). Wessex just wants the girl back on the other side of the Greatwood and what was irritation now slides into weariness. At least there won’t be a fight.

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia stared at her, completely baffled by this. Never had the notion of her very existence ever been brought into question before. And yet here this queen stood, declaring that she was not who she said she was, because she didn't believe it. Her lips pressed into a thin line, and even while she focused on the emotions she should feel - empathy, sorrow, forgiveness - the human side of her roiled with anger. It wasn't a feeling she was used to, nor was it one with which she was comfortable. "Fortunately, I do not need your belief to be who I say I am." she said, tempering her anger for the moment.

"You managed because Ludo was here, and now they are not. I will be sure to let Mort know he needn't worry about the state of this land. If you find the oppressive nature of the deceased too much, simply ask your ancestors to send for me." she said softly, making her way to leave.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

That the girl exists is a fact Wessex will not deny. Flesh and blood stands before here. She holds the incense burner, she speaks, Wessex could track her physical presence. That she is the soul-daughter of a God, when there have never been such things before, is laughable, and if she is so desperate to collect the souls, then perhaps she should have offered a bit of proof.

Turning to walk alongside the girl, to make sure she’s going to get where she needs to go, the Queen bites her tongue and decides to play along for a bit, if only to hear what kind of complex delusions continue to be spun. Insanity was a thing that happened inside the barrier - mental health can spiral in places like these and they’ve had people go mad with grief, mad with rage, mad with despair. They saw their dead loved ones (outside of the Festival of Lights), talked to thin air, believed they had powers.

To claim to be a child of a God, however? That was new. My, these are strange and fascinating times.

“So where has Ludo gone?” the Wraith asks. She doesn’t pray at the Old God shrines. She wouldn’t note any of their absences.

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia was frankly a bit too shaken at the questioning of her existence, a child of Mort, to think to offer proof. She had never been asked to offer up such before, nor had she actually been now. That might've sat with her better than simply denying that she could possibly be. The gods do not have children. If they did not, how could they possibly tend to all the needs of the world? Their children were extensions of their beings!

"Away." Delphia said with a shrug. "After 300 years I am certain their is much my father has for them to do. Hence why I am here, to guide the lost souls in their absence." she said, frowning as she stared at the ground. It was frustrating, feeling and seeing the lost around her and being able to do nothing because of this woman's ignorance.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

To ask for proof would be to seriously entertain the notion that the girl is speaking the truth.

Wessex simply isn’t that kind of woman. She needs evidence - like Ronin returning from the dead - to believe such things. Her people have never truly known Vi, Rae, and Mort. They’ve heard about them, but only ever encountered Safrin, Frey, and Ludo. Until recently. Perhaps if she had the faith of Amalia, this might have a different outcome. “I see,” is all she can muster in response. A non-answer.  

The Queen must stick to her ruling, even though she’s decided the stranger probably isn’t a threat. The border is closed to everyone who lives on the other side, Fae or otherwise.

As they approach the line between the Hallowed Grounds and the Greatwood again, Wessex stops well short of it and leaves the visitor to cross back by herself. There is no reminder that a repeat offence would result in something much harsher - if the girl wasn’t listening the first time it was her own fault.

Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
The stars, the moon,
They have all been blown out
Abasi had heard from Loren of a daughter of Mort. In his new business, that was not someone he could afford to miss meeting; she would surely be a great source of information for his endeavours and challenges. Her blessing could also be of great worth to him, if she deigned to give it - he did know if his being an Abandoned would be the curse it was when it came to Demi-Gods.

When he walked to the Outskirts, knowing he was not allowed into the Greatwoods but hoping he could perhaps leave a message at the outside asking for Delphia's advice, he saw in the distance two figures. One he immediately recognised as the Queen and momentarily froze, respect halting his steps. But the other figure, one that he could hear faintly speaking of Mort and death...could she be the one he was looking for?

Trying to work out the best way to make his request, he approached the two women and stopped a few feet away, bowing his head to show respect to the Queen (he had been told people here did not kneel or kiss feet). "Apologies, my Ki-- Queen." Egypt had had no word for Queen and he was still getting used to the new language. "I have business with this woman. I request a chance to speak with her here at the border, if you in your infinite wisdom wish to grant it."
No dawn, no day
I'm always in this twilight
ABASI
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
She had been about to cross, but before she could a whisper on the wind caught her ear. Delphia froze, head tilting as she focused on the voice, barely there, finger tracing circles on her thumb. Then she turned and looked to see a man hurrying towards them, too far for her to have heard his approach. Yet by some miracle she seemed to simply know he was coming. Quietly she watched as he bowed his head to the queen, steel eyes seeming distant, only half paying attention to what was happening clearly in front of her.

"Ah, I see." she said softly, smiling warmly at the man, though clearly not speaking to him in that moment. "The man with the Luxere named for Safrin's stars...he told you of me." she said, the image of Loren and the deer playing with the animated mud playing out in front of her eyes as she looked at him. Her pale gaze shifted to Wessex, curious how this would play out, before looking at the man again. "I am afraid I cannot extend the blessing of Mort and his realm of eternal love and peace here with the current political climate, as my...legitimacy is in question and place of origin more important than the will of the gods it seems." she explained to Abasi, kindly, patiently, tone loving and warm.