Voices Call to Me
For Abasi
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Indeed, Wessex is about to be done with the whole situation when Abasi comes running up to the two of them. He’s endearingly formal about the whole interaction, which puts an easy smile on her face. With a wave of her hand, she indicates that he is free to go about his business with the woman. “Sure. Have at it.” And she’s about to actually leave him to it when the ‘daughter of Mort’ pulls some seriously childish moves. And the Queen has had it.

. “Cut the passive-aggressive bullshit.” She takes a step towards the girl, as if to physically force her across the border. “You broke the law and did nothing to help your case other than bleat at me about the will of the Gods. If you are indeed who you say you are,” and at this she chuckles dryly, “Then I feel bad for Mort. He has a weak-minded, passive daughter who won’t enable herself to do this supposedly all important work.

If Wessex were the daughter of a God, she would find a way to make it happen, because she would supposedly be ‘better’ than the humans, instead of laying blame at their very fallible feet.

But 20-somethings will be 20-somethings, no matter what the race. “Now get back.”

Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
The stars, the moon,
They have all been blown out
The man with the Luxere named for Safrin's stars... It took Abasi a moment, but he finally realised that Delphia was likely speaking of Loren, and nodded. He was impressed that she knew he had a connection with the Launceleyn and took it as a show of divine power. He was surprised Wessex agreed to let him speak to the woman, then Delphia began to speak again.

Her explanation made sense and he nodded at it curtly, understanding but not wanting to say anything on the matter lest he upset his Queen. It did indeed seem the Queen was...well. Not upset, but certainly frustrated. He thought saying such things to a God was ill advised, but he would not speak against a monarch in her own lands (at least not to her face).

Quietly he waited with his hands joined behind his back, standing between the both of them, to see if Wessex would let him speak to Delphia across the border of their two lands. He did not require blessings, only advice, truly.
No dawn, no day
I'm always in this twilight
ABASI
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHiA
It seemed the man understood, but the Queen had finally snapped. Delphia looked at her passively, remaining where she was as she stepped forward challengingly. And despite the aggressiveness and discord of the moment, her eyes crinkled at the corners, her gaze warm as if she were smiling. "I see. You wanted proof, not words. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Let me show you then."

Before Wessex and Abasi's eyes, Delphia suddenly seemed to fade until she could be clearly seen through, the colors of her person and clothes suddenly muted and transparent. The censer clattered to the ground, the chain falling through her hand. With her change, the tempurature around her suddenly dropped a near 10 degrees. This all of course happened very quickly, and soon enough the girl stepped forward, walking straight through the Queen, turning and walking through Abasi as well.

"Wesssssexxxxxxxx..."

It was a whisper on the wind, and though it sounded somewhat like Delphia's voice, the transparent, ghostly apparition of her did not move her lips.
Spoiler Alert: Everybody Dies
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

The Queen hadn’t asked for proof, but yes, it was what she was expecting the girl to offer if she wanted to remain in the Hallowed Grounds. That it took some very pointed words was unexpected, and quite frankly, only goes to serve Wessex’s hypothesis that the stranger is rather dim.

She casts a glance to Abasi, who just seems to be going with the flow of things - which like, good for him and his patience. Unfortunately for the ‘daughter of mort,’ Sam can become fully invisible, and this... just kind of seems like faulty or half-strength invisibility. The chill might have persuaded her, except for the fact that she can’t feel it. The one thing that does work in the girl’s favor is being able to walk through Wessex and Abasi and she begins to think it might be true, until she remembers Ronin’s astral projections.

Wessex has never seen a ghost. Only monsters.

Her face scrunches into something resembling indecision. “You’ve got a fancy trick. But I’ve seen variations on those elements before.” A tense pause, before she crosses her arms across her chest and starts to hate herself for still being there. “What else ya got?”

Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The stars, the moon,
As Delphia faded away and the air around them grew cold, Abasi took a step back and looked to Wessex, wondering if she would cower in fear knowing she had offended a God. The only beings higher than those chosen to rule were those who had made them, after all. He mumbled a prayer to himself, one for Gods not in Caido but still the ones where he felt the most protection.

He was endlessly glad his name was not the one whispered on the wind. He very much expected Wessex to back down. When the Queen didn't, and in fact challenged the Demi-God to do more, he widened his eyes with shock. Did she have a deathwish?

"Are you sure this is wise?" Abasi asked Wessex quietly, his voice low. It felt wrong to question a ruler, but he could not help but be mortified at her gall in this situation.
No dawn, no day
ABASI
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia's head tilted slightly at Wessex's reaction. Nerves of steel this one had. Abasi's reaction was far more usual, and the apparition turned a warm smile on him. He needn't fear. No wrath or retribution was forthcoming. Slowly she came back to full focus, reentering the world of the corporeal and living as Wessex made clear this was not enough proof for her. She leaned down and picked up the fallen incense burner, her gaze focusing on something seemingly far away. "Skeptical and caustious. Good traits for a leader to have." she said softly.

Her finger drew circles on her thumb as her gaze shifted away from the pair, looking next to Wessex as if a third person stood there. "How pretty..." she said softly, looking at Wessex then with a blank expression but warm eyes. "Your sister, I take it. Magrethe. A true child of Rae too, it seems? So many flowers, always off and away with the animals..." she said softly, eyes going back to the empty space next to her.

"Do you worry about her still? She was so thin...wasting away...flickering out like the lanterns of the festival. There then..." Delphia snaped her fingers, looking at Wessex again. "Gone. Too soon. Too quick. Lungs collapsed, no muscle to hold them, gasping for air she could not get...memories of your mother, perhaps?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Well hot damn, that might be the first out-loud compliment she’s heard in months. It’s startling, especially given their current situation, and that fact is clearly writ on the Wraith’s face. “Thank you… ?” Wessex replies trying to understand why and how this encounter has turned so strangely in her grasp. This means that she more or less ignores Abasi’s question, though it isn’t on purpose, his words (yeah, it might be a bad idea but she’s in the habit of pressing the fuck it button) of sensible caution lost to the silence of the border.

There’s no blood to rush from her cheeks, no way to make her skin whiter, but the energy around Wessex noticeably changes. She fades from somewhat angry to something far more somber. Sad, almost. As if she’ll always be in mourning for the person the stranger describes. And when the whole thing is finally finished, she looks at Delphia through hooded eyes. She grants a single, decisive nod. Despite Ludo’s ill intentions, she has no ill will towards any of the Gods but Safrin. This daughter of Mort is… perhaps still a little dim, but mostly alright. “You may cross freely...” Wessex declares quietly, before extending her hand in a gesture that seems to indicate she’s asking for the girl’s name. Which she is.

Undertaker

Change author:
The stars, the moon,
Abasi weakly smiled back, anxious to not meet this God's disapproval. As much as his life in Egypt had revolved around the deities, he had never stood before one in person (except the Pharoah, of course. But in his human form, he was hardly as impressive).

He did not truly understand the significance of the person Delphia claimed to see, but he could tell she was making a show of her power and this time, Wessex seemed to be impressed. Idly, Abasi wondered if Delphia would be able to see his dead ancestors, given he was not of this world (and hopefully they had been reborn). He was not going to ask to see such a feat, though - the very notion unnerved him.

That Wessex allowed her to pass was still a little surprising, but a development Abasi was happy for. It meant he could speak to her about his mortuary and gain some insight into the death practices of the world. Politely he waited for her to give her name to the Queen, not wanting to interrupt the discussion between the two superiors.
No dawn, no day
ABASI
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
"You're welcome." Delphia said with a soft smile. But it became clear that her words hit close to home as the queen's expression dropped. "Do not hold on to your grief. She is at peace and rest, and the pains she felt near the end no longer hurt her. Be happy that she is well and loved, and smiles upon you often." she said gently, an empathetic calm running through her voice. All that were with her father were well and loved. There was nothing to weep or mourn, but everything to celebrate.

"Delphia Thanatos. Thank you for allowing me to pass freely." she said with a slight smile at Wessex, before turning her gaze to Abasi. "I believe you said you wished to speak with me?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

Wessex already knew about Magrethe’s soul being at peace with Mort - when she’d seen her and their mother at the Festival of Lights, they’d seemed more happy and calm than at almost any time during their life. They’d chatted, scarred wounds were torn open anew and with everything going on, the Queen mourns more for the unconditional love and companionship than anything else, for memories of what once was; nostalgia reared its ugly head and conveniently left every struggle they’d faced in the faded halls of the past. Memory is funny that way, isn’t it?

She nods her head at both the girl’s name and the thanks, then turns to leave the two to talk; she has no interest in the realm of the dead, no use for whatever Delphia might bring. Souls were not a part of her problems, but if it kept her people happy to have demi-god walking amongst them, then so be it.

Undertaker

Change author:
The stars, the moon,
With the Queen's business dealt with, Delphia seemed to be free to speak to him. Abasi was surprised by this turn of events, having thought he'd lost his chance. Taking a minute to collect himself and his thoughts again, he nodded and stepped a little closer to Delphia.

"Yes. I have heard you are connected to the Gods of death in this place." Looking up for a moment to check if this was right, Abasi continued. "I have...experience. With death and with working with dead bodies, from my old world, and thought I could bring peace to both Naturals and Outlanders here by opening a Mortuary, where I could tend to bodies in the way each person would want."

He took a breath and tried to push his mind back into praying, back into the respectful way he had spoken at altars in Egypt. "I hope this does not seem like disrespect. I was actually interested to know the thoughts of the Death Gods, and if they have any suggestions."
No dawn, no day
ABASI
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
Delphia smiled at the man, the corners of her eyes crinkling as she looked at him with a deep affection and warmth – the sort of loving look one would expect from a mother or sister or other close kin. ”Indeed I am. Mort, God of Death, is my father.” she said simply, head tilting her head to the side. ”And who are you?” she said, wondering his name.

She listened quietly as he spoke, the warm gaze she had never fading as he went on at length. ”No disrespect is taken, and please, do not look at the ground. There is no need for that.” she said kindly, if a bit amused. It was rare she received such supplication, but she recognized it for what it was. Plenty would act as such at her father’s feet.”I would be happy to advise you. It is a kind service you offer, to give closure to those left in this world when one passes. It is not an easy and highly misunderstood profession – my mother’s family has practiced it for generations in the Northern Greatwood.” she said.

"Whatever you wish to know, I will answer, if I have the answers."
Undertaker

Change author:
The stars, the moon,
Abasi accepted without question Delphia's parenthood, used to such stories and myths from his own world. He had never met such a person in Egypt but he had wholeheartedly believed they existed, so the only thing he felt upon this meeting was an excitement. Perhaps she was not a child of Osiris, but she was the equivalent in this world. "I am Abasi. Your people here call me an Outlander - I only arrived two seasons ago."

He looked up when she asked, though it felt wildly disrespectful to be looking a child of a God in the eyes. She was kinder than he had expected and he was relieved to find she approved of his endeavours.

"I have many questions. What is it that happens to souls here, when they die? Do the souls of Outlanders return to their own lands, their own Gods? Or must they stay with the Gods and afterlife here? ...Is there an afterlife? I asked two other children of Gods I met, but they were not particularly giving with information." He had stared at the writing on the wall for a long time, wondering if there was anything beyond the strict words.
No dawn, no day
ABASI
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHiA
"It is good to meet you, Abasi." she said, a ghost of a smile on her lips. As he delved into all of his questions, her pale eyes did not waver, her full attention on him and his concerns. At the mention of other children of gods she couldn't help the light laugh. "Were the children you met Oia'i'o and Kaimana by chance?" she asked, as she yet did not know of Safrin's child. "They are children of Rae, the god of all between Life and Death. The workings of my father's realm is neither their concern nor their interest. That they would have no answers for you is unsurprising.". she said.

As for his other questions, fortunately she did have answers. "There is an afterlife, overseen by Mort. That is where souls go when their corporeal body dies. Unless something blocks this process from happening of course." she said with a light shrug. "As for those from other worlds, you are now part of this one. So you will go to Mort someday." she said, a pleased expression crossing her features.