Talkin' Bout My Best Friend
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Beatrix had been greatly enjoying living with Auntie Edrei. Even if Loren was a stick in the mud about it, he just couldn’t recognize how fun this was! Now there was someone to distract mom’s attention a bit so she could do whatever she wanted rather than literally anything any adult ever wanted her to do. As of late, that had involved pestering the newest member of the family. No, not Jace – Edy’s new bobcat friend. It was small and fluffy and adorable and most importantly did not lead her on death runs through terrifying mazes.

But you see, the bobcat really liked Edrei. Not that it necessarily didn’t like Beatrix, but young children are obnoxious to be around, especially for small fluff balls. Case and point, the way Beatrix now held it all too tight as she tried to sequester it in her room. If it was in her room, then it was hers after all! And she wanted a little fluff ball like the bobcat kitten of her own. So she was stealing Edrei’s. Fail-proof plan she thought as she sat on the bed, snuggling the kitten. “You’re gonna be my friend now! Edy has enough friends so its okay to be my friend instead.” She told the fluffy kitten.

Edrei
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Bobi, aptly named because Edy was obviously a comic-genius, whined low down in her throat as the child all but choked her in enthusiastic love. Vaguely the bobcat understood that this child was part of Edy's litter, but the girl didn't seem to understand even the basics of how a litter was supposed to behave. Tufted ears folded flatly against her (currently) small skull, Bobi wriggled and flailed, trying to mew loudly but flailing given the constriction of its throat.

Meanwhile, Edy was sulking. Various iterations of fuck you Loren rolled through her mind as she sat purposefully fraying the blanket she'd found for her bed. Interrupting this monologue of self-pity was a feeling in her mind. A feeling of unease and unhappiness. "Wha–" Edy said to herself, scratching at the back of her head as if expecting some physical thing to be the cause of the strange interruption of feelings.

Then it hit her. Bobi.

Following the feelings, Edy found herself standing outside of Bea's door. Narrowing her eyes slightly with suspicion and no small amount of confusion, Edy rapped her knuckles against the door. "Yo Bea, you in there?"

EDY
Could dress up to get love. But guess what?
I'm never gonna be that girl who's living in a Barbie world
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
“Shhh, stop being grumpy Bobi.” Beatrix said to the baby bobcat. She thought the name was genius for a bobcat, so Edy had a fan there at least. The rap-a-tap-tap on her door though made her stiffen, squeezing the kitten briefly. Oh no! If Edy found out she was taking Bobi, she would take him back! But she wanted a fluffy friend so she had to make sure that didn’t happen! Quickly she clambered off the bed and scurried to her closet. “No I’m not here!” Beatrix shouted, then immediately wanted to punch herself in the face. Stupid! Who said they weren’t there when they actually weren’t there? Dumb-dumbs. That’s who.

Beatrix pulled the closet door closed and hid herself as far to the back as possible, obscuring most of herself in hanging things – though her legs were pretty much completely visible. “Shhhh.” She said to Bobi, scratching behind the kitten’s ears to keep it calm and quiet so Edy wouldn’t find her.

Edrei
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Immediately Edy felt an entirely inappropriate pang of distress at hearing the child say she wasn't there; panic swamped her senses for a moment as a cold surge of adrenaline flooded through her body. Bea was just being a shit. She isn't leaving. Edy tried to tell herself, swallowing hard and forcing a grin.

"Well if you aren't here I guess you won't mind if I come in then. " The older girl chuckled, opening the door and swinging it wide.

Bea was...hiding? Tilting her head, Edy scanned the room. There were any number of places a kid could be (behind the door, the bed, dressed, closet, etc)., but the fact that Bea was hiding at all was a bit curious.

In the dark, Bobi actually did calm. Purring deeply the feline let herself be scratched, and this subtle shift in temperament was felt with precise accuracy in Edy's mind. Like an invisible tether, Edy turned towards the closet with her brows raised. "Now. If I was Bea, where would I be." Edy said in a sing song voice, dragging her fingers across the door of the closet before pretending to look elsewhere. "The bed? Behind this....door!" Making quite a loud display of checking the room, Edy plopped down loudly on the bed.

EDY
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
There! See, Bobi, no reason to be so grumpy! She gave good ear scratches. That is what Beatrix would have told the cat if she wasn’t trying to hide from Edy so that the kitten wouldn’t be taken away. As she heard Edrei come in, she tilted her face forward so her nose was buried in the soft, fluffy fur of the baby bobcat. The kitten even smelled good, or so Bea thought. Mom said all babies smell good though, but Beatrix thought Jace just smelled like baby powder and gross boy smell. But was he a baby? The thought about what qualified as a baby distracted her for a moment, but she was brought back to the situation at hand when Edrei ran her fingers along the closet door.

Beatrix stiffened, and tried very hard to stifle a giggle. Where would Bea be? That was a play on what her mother called her when she was in a good mood – BeaBea. Everyone else just called her Bea but obviously they knew the other name. The younger Launceleyn wasn’t going to simply hop out thought. Edrei would have to find her.

Edrei
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Flopping down backwards on Beatrix 's bed, Edy gave a loud and dramatic huff. 'Ohhhhhh well.' She continued on, dark eyes scanning the ceiling as her legs and arms made snow-angel patterns in the sheets. "I suppose I'll just have to go on this new adventure myself." Edy continued temptingly. "I had thought maybe another brave Launceleyn would want to come, but I guess not."

Sighing loudly with the same dramatic tone, Edy made a huge show of slowly getting off the bed. "I even packed a whole picnic for two. Guess I'll just have to eat it all by myself, and get really fat and even more unlovable."

Okay. So now Edy maybe actually was bordering on being a bit serious.

Better come out Bea, before auntie Edy has a for real breakdown.

EDY
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
I'll clean my room in exchange for your immortal soul
…an adventure you say? Beatrix liked adventures. She was a brave Launceleyn. And there would be food?

Beatrix tucked the kitten under one arm and opened the closet door just enough to poke her head out and peer at Edrei. Only her eyes and top of her head would be visible as she looked around the door jam at the older Launceleyn, obviously still weighing her options as she watched her with a narrow-eyed gaze. ”What kind of picnic?” she asked, a bit dubious that maybe this picnic might be a yucky picnic filled with raw vegetables and dip or something an adult would want. ”And what kind of adventure?”

Another thing confused her a bit. So in her naiveté, she further questioned Edrei, still hiding Bobi from view. ”Aren’t fat people more lovable cause they are squishy and their bones don’t poke you when you hug them?”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Bobi squiggled unhappily. Not only had the pets stopped, but now she was once again tucked unceremoniously under Bea's arm. With a low yowl in her throat, the kitten began to wiggle furiously.

With a shocked expression, Edy's mouth dropped as the closet door opened. "Oh the closet" Edy trilled, tapping herself on the forehead for being so silly as not to have looked there sooner. Smirking at the girl, Edy shrugged her shoulders. "Oh you know, sweat breads and cakes and some fruit...I did make sandwiches but we'd probably be full after all the candy." Casually Edy kicked a toe towards the corner of the bed and gave a disappointed shrug.

"As for adventure, well now. I heard someone found some talking squirrels. So since that's already been discovered, maybe we could go find some iceskating bears or flying horses or something."

Grinning at the mention of cushy fat people and boney thing ones, Edy laughed. "You mean like uncle Loren?" From having used Loren as her own personal mattress and clinging to him on more than one occasion, she was definitely in a good position to say that he had bones in precisely all the wrong places.

EDY
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
Beatrix giggled as Edrei realized her mistake. Of course the closet – duh! It was fully enclosed, unlike under the bed! It was the far superior hiding place. She hoped she didn’t lose her common sense when she got as old as Edrei.

The girl’s eyes slowly widened as she listed off all of the yummy things she had packed. Yep. This seemed like a picnic worth coming out of the closet for. As the kitten yowled, she used her free hand to scratch its head again. Hm. Ice-skating bears? Flying horses? Well so long as they weren’t those stupid talking squirrels that would be fun. But…”I want a kitten for me so I don’t have to steal Bobi.” She said. That was the terms of this. They would go and adventure and eat lots of candy and she would get a kitten for it. Plain and simple.

Beatrix huffed at the mention of Loren. “He isn’t my uncle he is my half-brother even though he doesn’t act like it.” She mumbled, not at all bitter about that. “But yeah he is real skinny. Like mom. They are so pokey.” She complained.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

So she wouldn't have to steal Bobi. Uh huh. So that's where the kitten had gotten to. Shrugging, the cat always seemed to come back, as the rhyme went so she wasn't too annoyed about it, Edy nodded. "I mean, it's a big world out there. We're bound to find something right?"

The mention of Loren actually being her half-brother made Edy frown. Right. Right. She knew that. She's always just assumed Bea was Z's kid, even after that awkward correction Z had had to make the day they met. Anyways. Edy wasn't too surprised as it was, the Launceleyn family tree was just a clusterfuck of branches at this point. Even Edy didn't know how she was related to all of them, except the certainty that she was. "Yeah, right. Well I'm pretty sure siblings are supposed to act like assholes, so maybe Loren is actually doing a better job of it than we thought." The teenager huffed.

Fucking Loren.

Calling them pokey made Edy cackle. Ohhhh the kid was too young for sexual innuendos, but Edy appreciated it all the same. "I can vouch for that." The older girl chuckled before shrugging. "So we have a deal? Or you just wanna hide out in that closet all day?"

EDY
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
Hmmmm. It was a big world. There were lots of fantastical and cute things they could find. She glanced down at the tucked away kitten. This was quite the thing to consider.

"Nuh-uh! Neron was always real nice to me. And Astra too. Loren is just a stupid, smelly jerk!" she groused. Loren really had upset her. She didn't understand why he would pick some other person over being around her, or Jace, or any of them. "Mom hasn't really lost her temper in a long time even. He should be here." she added in her irritation. Concepts of love, relationships, and who should come first were beyond her comprehension.

Alright...did they have a deal? She glanced at Bobi again, thinking hard. Alright. Beatrix set the little kitten down so it could go back over to Edrei. "Deal. But if we don't find me a pet...you better watch Bobi." she said as ominously as a girl could. But then she was ready to go find herself her own pet!

"Let's go! Hurry up!" she said, hurrying out and down the stairs to leave. But then... "Where are we going??"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Actually that was a really good point. "Alright then. It's just Loren who is a stupid smelly jerk, you're right." Actually Loren rarely smelled and wasn't stupid at all (well....that was debatable). But still, she was happy to agree with Bea's characterization of him right now, however childish it might be. Childish insults always did wonders for a wounded heart, Edy had found.

As the kitten scurried out of the closet and towards Edy, it halted and looked back at Bea with large dark eyes. The kid was a good cuddler, and while the kitten preferred to be able to breath and not have her spine twisted in all sorts of directions, she didn't mind the affection.

Raising a skeptical brow at Bea's warning, Edy tried to look as put off and terrified as possible. "Hey, hey, I don't want annnyyyy trouble." Edy moaned, letting her voice waver as if with fear.

As Bea bounded from the room and came to a halt, Edy pursed her lips thoughtfully at the question. "Uhh. Left." She said unhelpfully, though it wasn't like she exactly knew the cardinal directions here or any of the lands really. But Edy was pretty sure no matter which direction they went they'd get into some suitable shenanigans.

EDY
Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
Bea turned on a dime and headed off in the direction of left. She had a bounce in her step, almost on the verge of a skip, her tight curls bouncing in time. She kept her arms stretched out to her sides at downward angles, tilting her body side to side in time with her steps rather like a metronome. A big grin was plastered on the girl’s face. This was going to be fun! She was out on an adventure with Edy – who could definitely help her if those stupid squirrels showed up again – and they were going to find her a fun little pet to have! A Bobi of her very own!

But not Bobi. It would need its own name. Two Bobi’s would be confusing.

Her happy gait as she boldly took the lead brought them into the forest. Some might’ve been concerned about what might lurk beneath the bushes or in the trees. But not Beatrix! She was a brave Launceleyn, as Launceleyn’s ought be, and she had Edy with her. There was nothing to be scared of! Not even a bit! But now that they were in a more woodsy environment, she kept her eyes and ears peeled for any signs of animals she might find to keep as a pet.

Edrei
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:

Edy watched Bea's tick-tock strides with a smirk. The teenager was still young enough to appreciate doing shit simply because you felt like it. Old enough to give her coworker a blow job under the counter of course, but young enough to still be fun with her...uh...neice-ish.

"I hear there's snakes around here that look like vines. They sit reeeaaaally still and then slither into your pack or pocket when you aren't looking. That might be fun? Could look like you're wearing a necklace, and then BAM. Snake."

Bobi hissed at this idea, galloping forward on clunky kitten paws and stopping every so often to sniff at something and pounce on it.

EDY