Shake, Rattle and Roll (OPEN)
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
What the hell was this thing?

Ronin knew better than to go exploring by himself - thus far he'd been nearly eaten to death by the monster at the Spire, attacked by a mist bear, set upon by a stone golem that hated light and had his Echo explode into a lobster. Okay, the lobster was pretty cool - in fact, Echo was riding on his shoulder as he walked, clacking her claws along with his footsteps.

Apparently, though, knowing better did not prevent one from doing it anyway. Gravel from the ruins crunched underfoot as he approached the Bone Bridge, Ronin's hands buried deep in the pockets of his coat. His attire was more and more battered these days, given that he had left all of his amenities and changes of clothing back in Northaven. Honestly, though, he didn't know what it was, but getting back to where they came from just... wasn't occurring to him so often any more.

Besides, there was this bridge thing to contend with in his immediate future. "Huh," he said, his voice swallowed up into the mist of the gorge.
RONIN
I know this whole damn city thinks it needs you
but not as much as I do
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Zariah had been sticking close to the settlement most of the time since coming to this new place. She had Jace and Beatrix to worry about after all. But eventually her curiosity got the better of her. She couldn’t protect her family if she didn’t know about all the lurking dangers. So she went out walking around, taking in the sights, partially hoping to come across the talking squirrels that had chased her daughter so she could smite them. Yes, smite. They would all perish at the hand of her lightning…since that was about all she could use with any strength anymore.

That was when she happened upon the former captain at the bridge. Curious.

The family head walked up and stopped next to him, staring out at the bridge in silence. Perhaps she should have said hello or something but…meh. “Going to cross it or what?” she asked at length.

Ronin
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin bristled at the sensation - a sixth sense, almost - of being watched, the ex-captain turning blue eyes over his shoulder only to catch sight of Zariah drawing near. Not a monster. (Not the typical kind, at least). He offered her a crooked smirk and turned back to face the bridge, the two standing side by side in silence for a few moments. Absently, Ronin kicked a pebble into the misty gorge. It sailed away into nothingness. He didn't hear it land.

Zariah's question turned his smirk into a broad grin. "It's a macabre looking bridge spanning across a gorge seemingly without end. I don't know where this bridge goes or what might be waiting on the other side." He arched an eyebrow at her. "Of course I'm going to cross it. You in?"

So saying, he stepped forward and onto the bleached stones, glancing over his shoulder again expectantly.
TALIESIN
I'VE FACED THE QUAKES, THE WIND, THE FIRE

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Zariah’s expression didn’t change as Ronin smirked and then grinned at her. Her typical mask was on, her face completely expressionless as she stared out across the seeming endless expanse before them. She shoved her hands in the pockets of her tunic top. Part of her was glad she hadn’t come to this world in a dress. It would have been so much less convenient for little adventure trips like this. Hazel eyes glanced down at the edge of the gorge. She kicked a small rock with the toe of her boot, sending it falling into the gorge. Zariah waited to hear it hit the bottom to try and gauge how far down the bottom was. No sound ever came. Hm.

“Absolutely.” She said without hesitation at Ronin’s question. She had come to see what was out there after all. The only way to do that was to tag along. Unlike Ronin, she didn’t look back as they started ahead to cross the bridge.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Wonderful - it was settled then. Ronin kept his eyes forward once he had confirmed that Zariah was with him, the ex-captain's footsteps sure and his gaze sweeping left to right across the bridge. When they got up onto it properly the mist grew even more dense and swathed the pathway ahead of them, slowing his progress.

"It's good to see you, by the way," he murmured to her. He hadn't seen Zariah, really, since the fire in the Blueblood District. They had both been Storm Guards, but that didn't mean they interacted much.

"How are you finding it, here?
TALIESIN
I'VE FACED THE QUAKES, THE WIND, THE FIRE

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Zariah glanced over at him, a brow arching above one of her eyes. It was good to see her? No one ever thought it was good to see her. Well, not no one. Neron had liked her being around obviously. Her children did sometimes. But mostly she didn’t really have any friends, and her family stood by her out of obligation more than anything. “I believe you might be the only living soul left with a modicum of happiness at seeing me.” She said with a light laugh as her lips curved into a smirk. Old Zariah would have never joked with an acquaintance like Ronin. But soon, hopefully, people would find that she had settled and was more even keeled.

Still a touch crazy. Still a touch ruthless. But calmer. Cooler. A bit more grown.

“It would be better if my husband was here.” She admitted quietly, staring ahead into the mist. She walked confidently despite her impaired vision, only glancing down now and then to ensure the bridge wasn’t coming to an abrupt end. “My magic is completely changed which is frustrating but…I could be worse.” She said, glancing over at him. “How about you?”
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"We are feeling deep today, aren't we?" Ronin's tone was warm and amused as he smiled back at Zariah again, shrugging. "We need to stick together now more than ever. Certainly more than Northaven," he pointed out with a casual shrug of his shoulders. "Whatever past we left behind there, compared to the things I've seen in this place so far, any Northaven face is a friendly one where I'm concerned."

Laughing softly, the former captain slowed his steps enough that they could walk side by side instead of having her trail away behind him. He arched an eyebrow at the mention of her husband. "I didn't realise that you and Cyton had gotten married. I'm sorry, by the way... about what happened."

A darkness flickered over his face for a second, at the memory of the way the Guard had been so good at murdering each other by the end. What he would have done to put that to bed. Too late now, though. "I've heard such from a few magicians," he said of her magic. "Perhaps it might be worth arranging a meeting, see if any common changes have been noticed?"

It was a mere suggestion, but it might give some answers for her. As for him, Ronin smiled softly and gazed out into the mist. "I'm going to be a father," he said. "So in spite of everything, I'm doing quite well, I'd say."
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST
HEALING HAS TO BEGIN IN THE PAST

Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
"I always feel deeply, rumors aside." she said with a smirk. Yes, she knew she had a reputation of being a cold callous bitch. She didn't really care but it was a falsehood. Zariah felt and cared deeply about a great many things, but she could count on one hand the number of people who recognized that. "I suppose this is true. So which of you will be leading us all then? You, Roana, Koel?" she asked, glancing over at him. Those three seemed the likeliest as leadership. Two former captains and the former Overseer. Who else was reasonable for them to turn to?

Her brow furrowed in confusion as he mentioned Cyton before realization dawned and she shook her head. "We didn't marry, nor should you feel badly for his death. He was a horrible man with a penchant for attacking women when they angered him." she said quietly, looking ahead again. Cyton was a fabulous liar, which was what made him a fabulous spy. "A few of us seemed to come from slightly different places in time when we were brought to this place. In my recollection, Cyton had been dead for a few years, and I had actually married his son Neron, and we had a child of our own who is still with me as proof." she said by way of explanation.

Ronin took the conversation in the direction of magic which caused her shoulders to relax. This was much more comfortable territory for her. "A meeting may or may not be necessary. The rules of magic here are different, and my family is investigating it now. Launceleyns have always been the leaders of the magical community, I will be happy to report our findings if you wish." Sure he wasn't technically a captain anymore, but he still held authority amongst many. He was trusted, and a leader whether he liked it or not.

"Congratulations." she said, meaning it even if her expression didn't. "Who is the mother? It is lucky a midwife from Northaven made it here."
zariah
If it is danger you seek, come on over. I covet tranquility but beget the tempest storm.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
As a socialite with his fingers on the pulse of Northaven (usually), Ronin was no stranger to the rumours that ran riot about Zariah and her family in general. And perhaps he was a little biased, too, given how close he was with Loren - the librarian's opinion on his family was jaded at best, swinging wildly from positive to negative at a moment's notice. Her question regarding leadership was an unexpected one for sure, Ronin gazing awkwardly off over the side of the bridge, not that he could see anything.

"Truthfully I don't know. I'm not sure one person should ever be in charge of everything," he said, ruffling a hand through the back of his dark hair. "Koel seems to have strayed away from the spotlight, for which I don't blame him. The role of Overseer was very unkind to him," he said. "As for me, I've always simply done my best. For Northaven, and now for this place. But... I've never been given the opportunity to be anything more than a soldier. And I can feel my focus moving elsewhere..."

Here he smirked across at her. "I set up a guildhall, in the Settlement area," he said. "For bounty hunters. Not that bounties will be particularly lucrative. But with the number of monstrous things in this place, someone needs to keep them in check." He shrugged.

The news about Cyton was actually a relief for Ronin, his shoulders relaxing as he regarded Zariah and her explanation. "For that I am glad," he said - Loren's father was a bastard through and through, that much he believed without needing it to be bolstered by rumours or swatted away by lies. She had married Neron, though? Ronin's eyebrows shot up, but he smiled to her and nodded. "Congratulations on that wedding, then. Should I see him, I'll be sure to let you know."

He nodded at her suggestion about the magic, more than happy to hear her findings. "Thank you. Since it doesn't look like we're going anywhere, knowing about any changes in magic would certainly be useful." He smiled, and it only grew warmer as they spoke of his child. "Vanya Hali," he said of the mother. "And you say a midwife came through as well?" Ronin let out a low whistle of relief. "That's amazing. Do you know her?"
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST
HEALING HAS TO BEGIN IN THE PAST