Open SE, longnight tidying
Undertaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP:
ABASI

As a High Priest in Egypt, Abasi had only ever seen manual labour, had never been a part of it. After all, it had been work far beneath a member of the Pharoah's most trusted, fit for a slave - back then he had not questioned this at all.

Since he had come to Caido, though, he had had to help in physical matters almost immediately. From helping Loren clean the manor to guarding in Longnight, it had become clear he could not get through without helping out. Necessity had made him into a man with the beginnings of callouses on his fingers and rolled-up sleeves, no longer sneering at the thought of lifting something.

And so, only months after he had come to Caido as one of the most noble of Egypt, he was pulling Longnight debris through the streets to a pile where it was later to be burnt. The pile of wood and plaster, bricks from houses had been situated outside his mortuary, so he had felt an odd obligation to help out. They were now coming to the end of the lot and he had sweat on his brow, pushing himself to move the last few things.

The gods who existed before me
rest now in their tombs
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 15 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 5 - Luck: 10
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
MP:
DANTE
I'm a professional idiot
don't tell my mom
Dante had been spending as much time as possible outside since the passing of Longnight. He'd spent too long cooped up in first his prison of a home in the last world, and then the temple as soon as he'd arrived. To say that he was feeling a little stir crazy was an understatement. There were only so many times he could slide around the hallways before someone was bound to be annoyed.

As it was, with the idea of becoming more acquainted with his new home first and foremost in mind, he'd stumbled upon more mess than expected. Was it like this every year? No wonder everything looked so dismal in comparison to the lively people he'd met thus far.

Movement down the lane catches his eye as someone hauls the debris in the area into a growing pile. His hands are already fidgeting as he makes his way over, taking in the neatly groomed man ahead of him as he cleaned up the area.

"Hey, you want some help with that stuff?" While he may have the strength of a wet noodle in comparison to those like Clementine, he'd spend all day hauling twice his weight if it meant keeping busy. "Might be faster with another set of hands! Or at least more interesting— I can totally carry a tune that'll make a songbird cry. Whistle while you work and all that, right?"

That was a bald-faced lie, evident by his voice cracking halfway through his last sentence.

Evie Wordsworth
Apothecarist

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 9
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP:
Evie
fear has favourites
Evie's not precisely intending to hunt down the little twerp who has managed to capture her affections, but when she sees him swaggering down the pathway as she's running errands, she can't help her immediate response to follow him. Part of her worries about him a little too much, wonders where he's staying, if he's eating enough, if he's warm at night when the cool spring air floods the Grounds. She refuses to put words to those worries, but whatever. He's probably sticking his nose somewhere it doesn't belong anyway.

She trails him for a bit, putting away her purchases in her satchel, only to glance up as the kid begins speaking and feels her heart ache in her chest at the man the boy has found. Abasi looks much better than he had when he'd come to her in the Infirmary, snappy and uncertain, plagued by the initial stages of the Blight. Though Loren had comforted her, telling her there was nothing she could have done - and she knows this, knows the Gods themselves had to take action, and someone had to sacrifice themselves as a vessel - it had not assuaged her guilt. He had come to her for help, and though she'd alleviated his pain temporarily, she had still failed him.

One hand reaches to ruffle Dante's hair habitually as she comes upon the pair, though her eyes are for Abasi. A tentative smile is offered to him. "We'd both be happy to help if you need." She can speak to him later perhaps, but for now she'd at least like to make herself useful to him. Perhaps start repaying the debt she feels she owes.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Undertaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP:
ABASI

Abasi turned at the offer of help, expecting to see someone rather more mature than the boy before him. Still, he would not turn it down, having learnt swiftly in the last couple of months how having more people could make faster, easier work (and oh, if all the slaves of the temple could see him now, thinking that). "I will take the help. But no whistling."

Before he could guide Dante to a piece of debris to start with, a woman appeared and ruffled his hair. Abasi frowned as he looked at her, feeling a familiarity that he could not place right away. The Blight had left a void in his memory and even the edges of it were fuzzy. He smiled at her, hoping that if he did not know her it would seem polite and if he did it might pass for familiar.

"Thank you. There is not much left. Just take things from this pile." He pointed to the remaining things, then to the burning pile they were being taken to. "I do not have anything with which to reward you."

The gods who existed before me
rest now in their tombs
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 15 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 5 - Luck: 10
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
MP:
DANTE
I'm a professional idiot
don't tell my mom
"Cool, no whistling, got it, good." Dante nodded gravely as he moved to follow the man's lead ahead of him by dragging the debris out of the way. The gears have already started to turn in his head as he opens his mouth again. "But what're your feelings on singing?"

His words lilt into a sing-song manner but before he can continue, or really help out with the task at hand even, he feels a hand ruffling through his hair and just about jumps out of his skin. Evie's words follow immediately afterward and calm his nerves, and his heart from trying to spontaneously give up on him from the surprise. Clearing his throat to mask his initial reaction, the young man grins down at the woman now beside him.

"Hey gorgeous, didn't know you were following me around now. People might get the wrong idea." A wink before pausing, brow furrowing as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "Also, can you carry a tune with that angelic voice of yours?" He's already moving to help the other man again after being so rudely interrupted the first time, gripping a plank the size of his body and hoisting it up with a muffled grunt of effort.

"'Cause if I get to hear Evie sing than that's reward enough for me."