Troubled Spirits
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
haunted, yes, but cute
The spirits were troubled. The higher gods were at work. And as always, the daughter of death took their worries to heart.

It was why she approached the Sidhe Village. She rarely bothered the Fae in their own home, unless it was to trade or to do her father's work. But with trouble that went beyond the borders of the wood, Delphia was worried. This was a matter for Delah. And it was with that weight on her shoulders that she arrived, expression serious and stormy, unlike the usual warm, levity that was distinctive of her and her father.

"I need to speak with Delah. Privately. The spirits are restless and the gods have made a distinctive move." she said softly in the Fae tongue to one of het guards, watching as she ran off to announce her to their Chief, and find out where she would like to meet Mort's child.
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
if you throw me to the wolves
Delphia had a habit of making mountains out of molehills. The spirits are worried, she'd say of a particular bit of the forest. Whatever disturbances though were meant to come were largely 'not of this world'. So the girl said. Daughter of Mort though she might be, the Guardian was steadfast in her loyalty to the woods and her kin. Delphia was like a distant cousin, twice removed. One of them in a way, but an outsider just the same.

And on the tall side too.

"She may pass." Delah called from within her hut, putting down her quill and turning in her chair to stare towards the doorway with an expectant and already stormy expression on her face.
i'll come back leading the pack

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
haunted, yes, but cute
Delah had every right to doubt the importance of Delphia's words. At times she struggled to tell the difference between what was of the living and what was of the dead, especially in her youth. But this message rang with clarity - and events in the waking world only enforced what they whispered in her ear. The call from the Chief did make her smile a little. She had an uncanny way of simply knowing all the comings and goings in her woods. The epitome of a Fae. Perfection wrapped in a thundercloud.

Delphia nodded to the guard and stepped over and into the Chief's hut, having to duck to enter. She knelt in front of Delah'a desk, sitting back on her heels, which made her roughly similar in height to the Fae. She did not wish to tower and loom over her, head tilted as it would be. "Thank you for seeing me." she said softly, tilting her head respectfully towards the Fae, still speaking in her tongue.

"My father and his kin have been acting within the Hollowed Grounds. New Guardians for the portals have been chosen." she said softly, but with great seriousness. "The spirits and lesser deities that have resided here since long before you or I were thoughts are stirring. This has happened before. During the great war between the gods and the Ascended." she said, pausing to see if Delah would come to similar conclusions as her.
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Delah was only 100 but that didn't mean she was ignorant of their history or place in this world. Picking up a dagger she placed the point against one of her finger tips and slowly began to spin it.

"To the surprise of all those within the Grounds, I'm sure." The Guardian drawled with a sly slant to her moss-coloured eyes. "Abandoned for centuries. Now they will get to see the god's meddling first hand. How lucky." Oh the fae were an old-god worshiping people to be sure. But they did very much like to be left alone and out of all the drama.

"Yes, yes. Portals, guardians, another war. Its all been done before, and will be done again." The tip of the dagger drew a bead of blood from her finger, making the war chief smile. "We both know I have no choice in this. The Mathair will be used again and there is nothing I can do to stop it, save for killing all who exit that portal." This was said with a wolfish grin.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
haunted, yes, but cute
Delphia watched in silence as Delah twirled the dagger on her finger. What she did was ultimately her choice, and really Delphia's own opinions on the matter were skewed by her own connections to the gods. But her father was always clear: she did have a choice to do as she saw fit. And she was lucky enough to also know no matter what he would still adore her. "Certainly they have not experienced meddling on this scale, no." she said in agreement. The Heralds also meddled, but their power paled in comparison's to the highest of gods.

"Death is indiscriminate. So if that is what you decide, it will be." Delphia said with a shrug. The thought of all those coming through the Mathair being slaughtered didn't bother her in the least. "But you do have a choice, Delah. We both know who the real threat is, who the gods do not wish to see use the portals." she said softly. She could descriminate, where her father never would.

"Moreover, we both care deeply for these woods, and Ludo has asked I keep it under my wing. It is the only home I've ever known." she said. Delah's guardianship was of the earthly realm. Delphia's of the spiritual. "But I can walk freely in the Hollowed Grounds, and their Ascended Queen suspects nothing of me."
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
Delah had learned long ago not to argue with the daughter of Mort about things as they pertained to her father’s realm. It was pointless and even worse, it was a battle Delah would never win. It was one of the few times she’d actively decide to stop fighting.

“They are her portals.” The Guardian said with a raised brow. “As with last time, the fae will have no part of this. Our borders are closed to the ascended indefinitely. Should any come through the Mathair they will find themselves bathed in fire.”

Pausing the slow twirl of the dagger, the war chief gave the demi-god a pointed look. “Suspects nothing. And why would she. You have nothing to be suspected of.” She replied with a small smile.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
haunted, yes, but cute
Delphia shrugged. "Her portals. Your woods. Though I do not think she and hers will be the only one using these portals this time around." she said softly. The Outlanders were curious and ignorant. They would surely go through, Ascended or otherwise. "Whether you follow my father's footsteps, or choose a more targeted path, I will not argue. I merely wish for you to have the choice within your own home." she said softly. Delah did have a choice. She always had a choice.

Again, Delphia shrugged. "My father's realm knows no boundaries. Where I wander is where his will is. But..." and here she paused. "I've always been friend of the Fae, and where our home is concerned, we are aligned, are we not?"
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
“Nor were they the last time.” Delah says with a roll of her eyes. “Choice? Fine. Here is my choice: I wish for them to leave us alone. I wish for the ascended and the Voice, to leave us alone. I wish for the humans to fight and kill and plunder and ruin their lives outside the Greatwood.” Giving the daughter of Mort a skeptical stare, she exhaled loudly through her nose.

Choice hardly mattered. Only blades and actions.

“We are.” On this, the Guardian had no choice but to agree. Not one of them though she was, Delphia had always been respectful of the Woods. She’d tracked down souls from more than a handful of Cath Siths bent on toying with them for eternity and, though Delah wasn’t sure how, she had managed to quiet some of the more noisy and hostile parts of the woods.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
haunted, yes, but cute
"Were they not?" Delah said in slight surprise, raising a brow. She didn't know terribly much about the last war, if she was honest. Nor had she ever really cared. Unlike Delah, the only people she had to lead were dead, and the threats of wars did not affect them. If there was something of serious importance, Mort would tell her, or the spirits would.

Death's daughter paused then, considering Delah's words, her own thoughts, what she had begun to understand of their neighbors and the threats that loomed. "Even the gods do not work alone, Delah." she said sodtly, her gaze softening finally to her usually adoring fondness as she looked at the Guardian. "Did the Fae have a friend such as me, last time?" she asked.
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
“Of course not.” The Guardian said dismissively. “Anyone was allowed to use them.” Delah never had of course. She’d never travelled out of the Greatwood.

Rolling her eyes, though there seemed to be a spark of soft amusement there, Delah shook her head. “The fae have never had anyone like you before.” She replied, though whether it was praise or an insult wasn’t entirely clear.

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
haunted, yes, but cute
The child of Mort hummed thoughtfully. That the portals had been so open before might have been part of the issue. But she wondered now if perhaps Delah was course correcting too far in one direction. "And what of the Guardians? Were the Fae so stringent against them?" she asked, curiosity blooming in her. She did not regularly share that trait with her Fae neighbors, but on occasion it sprouted.

The corners of Delphia's eyes crinkled as she smiled with them, though her mouth remained mostly neutrally straight. Praise or insult, it did not matter to her. It was honest truth. "Then let me help." she said softly, almost lovingly as she looked upon the Guardian, her voice hardly but a whisper. "History will have taught the Voice a great many things. If the Fae do not bend like a willow in her storm, they will snap like an oak." The Fae did not care about the outside world. They did not care about Halo or the Grounds or any other place beyond their living forest. It was their greatest strength, and greatest weakness. "You needn't guard this forest alone, Guardian. Let me be your eyes and ears where you would do not care to tread."

Delphia had never gone out of her way to try and change the way the Fae were, certainly not the way Delah oversaw her people. But she loved them and the woods equally, and to see the signs of threat bothered her enough to bring this to her point.