transformations
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
As always when Loren needed to think, he sought out a secluded part of the Hollowed Grounds. This time, he found himself on the Bone Bridge. He’d gone there in his newly discovered (or granted, he wasn’t quite sure about the specifics) form, padding on four sturdy, if short, legs. Indeed, he felt as if he could keep going forever, chasing down the distant horizon.

However, he couldn't move that quickly in this form. So he just halted at the muddy yet still white expanse of the bridge. He combed the mud out of his fur, then lay down on his belly, content to simply bask in the sun for a bit. Although he knew he should be thinking, or working, or figuring out his new capabilities, all that could wait.

Peter
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
try to be living as your vice
and can you be my type?
Any new exploring Peter did, he did in his new form, feeling more secure with the promise of jaws and fast legs than with anything he had in his usual body, magic notwithstanding. The newfound feeling of safety made him bolder, exploring further into the Hollowed Grounds than he had before, scrabbling through ruins and fallen streets until he'd come upon a bleached stone bridge. He knew better than to think it was actually bone, even in his home creatures of that size were rare, their skeletons even more so.

Still, it was interesting enough to draw him forward, paws stepping onto the bridge, eyes focused forwards along its span, where he noticed something that was decidedly not part of the white stone. Something furry, though still. Stealth was not something this body was skilled in, so with the length of the bridge still between them, he reached out with his mind, hoping this was something like the panther had been, a familiar face in unfamiliar skin. Hello?
cause we need to be given a good life
and can I be your type of metal?
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
At sound of scrabbling paws in the distance, Loren perked up. Standing on all fours, he turned to face the noise. As he saw that it was, well, something, something that even the Launceleyn’s extensive knowledge couldn’t identify, he felt his hackles raise. It was definitely a predator, and that's all he needed to know.

The badger didn’t care. Standing up, it snarled at the approaching thing, sharp teeth barred to the world for all to see. At the voice, though, the summoner stilled. Well. Voice was wrong. Thoughts? Unimportant. Hello? Loren sent back a pulse of recognition and understanding, trying to navigate this new mental link he'd been granted. It's Loren. Unlike his words, which occasionally tumbled from his lips in a confused mess, his mental voice was clear and strong.
begin at the beginning
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
and can you be my type?
The threatening display the other animal put on was met in turn, Peters own head lowering, the mane along his back lifting and making him look bigger, more intimidating. He didn’t growl, didn’t snarl, but there was tension in his limbs, a readiness to strike.

His hello was returned though, and that was enough to give him pause, and that was enough to relax Peter, at least a little. The name that came just after it was enough to relax him entirely, his body language changing on a dime as he straightened and Trottes happily over to the other animal, though Peter was careful to stop out of striking range. Just in case.

Loren?! Hello Loren! It’s Peter! The summoner wasn’t the only one who’s silent voice was different, though Peters thoughts still tripped over each other, all but overlapping. This is new, yes? New shape? Me too!
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Although the other creature—well person in animal form, fellow Attuned, whatever—halted, Loren showed no such trepidation. He marched up to the vaguely canine, vaguely feline thing and walked around it, giving it a close inspection. However, the summoner halted at the name that popped into his mind. Peter? You too? The Launceleyn sent a pulse of affection and excitement towards the other man.

Yes, it's very new to me. Frey put me through my paces and deemed me worthy I guess. This time, the words were accompanied with equal parts awe and amusement. Then, though, the badger resumed its examination of the other man, steps coming more easily now that Loren knew who the badger was dealing with. How about you. Also, what are you? The curiosity shone through their bond.
begin at the beginning
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
As Loren came closer, Peter leaned down to meet him, sniffling at the badger at it went around him and doing his best to stay still so the other could actually do a full walk around, instead of following him in a tight circle, like he wanted. Yes me too! The burst of was affection returned, brighter and warmer than Peter would have dared to be out loud.

The mention of Frey was met with a quiet shiver of discomfort, but Peter shook it off, quite literally, and finally turned to properly sniff and rub against the strange creature Loren was. Safrin! I don’t know-did something right? Didn’t drown. And I was this when I was done not drowning! He stomped both his front paws, and stretched his neck out, glad he had had the chance to learn what he was before he’d run into the other Launceleyn. And I’m a hyena! What were your paces? It was easier to ask Loren outright, given their relative closeness.
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
As the other man returned the affection, Loren gave Peter an open mouthed and toothy grin. At the same time, the badger nudged the adopted Launceleyn gently with a shoulder. Well, I’m glad! Indeed, the joy was practically radiating off the summoner in a way it never did when he was on two legs.

As Peter sniffed at and rubbed against him, Loren sniffed and rubbed right back. Then the badger wriggled happily against the other, who was apparently something called a hyena. It was slightly in response to the adopted Launceleyn’s discomfort, slightly in response to the fact that the summoner could finally touch the other man without Peter shying away. Well, I’m happy she saw how special you were, but I already knew that. The words were imbued with total certainty.

Pawing at his nose, the badger tried not to let the remembered fear trickle over too much to Peter. They asked me if I would fight or flee. And I said fight and they did something that made me afraid. Really afraid. But I stood my ground and fought back. When he articulated it, it sounded a bit silly.
begin at the beginning
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
Getting to be so affectionate with Loren was a treat that Peter would not have allowed himself in any other circumstance, but it was easy, natural even, in this skin. And it fed into a joy deep inside of him, one further fuelled by the echo chamber of excitement and happiness that went between them. This was how things were supposed to feel, Peter was sure of it.

Loren’s silent words managed to actually stun Peter into stillness, his eyes locked on the badger and his head tilted. He was caught between blatant denial, and a stark, unbelievable joy, every bit of it wrapped in embarrassment. You... Nothing else came in words, just a feeling, a sense of pure giddiness, and a sharp laugh leaving his muzzle before he leaned down to nuzzle at the badgers throat, gentle and thankful and close.

Despite the other attempts, there was still a thin trickle of fear Peter could feel, and he moved even closer, trying to offer some kind of support. I’m sorry. Scary is... Glad it’s over, right? Peter stood again, warmth flowing out towards Loren, and cocked his head. Are you happy? Like this?
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
As Peter stilled at the compliment, Loren rested up and batted the hyena’a shoulder with one of the badger’s paws. It was entirely affectionate, with no real force behind it. Come on, you can’t be that surprised to hear that. There was amusement and affection winding around the thought, and he curled up at the adopted Launceleyn’s front feet. Then, though the other man nuzzled at the summoner’s throat and Loren raised his head to rub it against the hyena’s cheek.

I’m glad too. But I’ve been through worse. Still, there was a fierce pride in Loren’s mind. Standing as well, the badger sent another badger grin at the adopted Launceleyn. I think so? The words were accompanied by joy even if they weren’t certain. I think it feels right mostly. Y’know? Like I’m myself for the first time in maybe ever? The summoner scuffed at the ground, slightly embarrassed.
begin at the beginning
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
Not surprised. Peter tried to protest, shaking his head. There was a burst of shy happiness that preceded the rest of his explanation. Never heard it out loud before. Not out loud. Said? There was a silent shrug, then Peter moved close again, bumping into the badger, happy to tangle with Loren in a bundle of fur and closeness. He wondered absently if this would carry over to their more human forms, if he would be able to let himself be close to the other more easily. He hoped it did.

The cocked head swirled to the other direction, a grin clear on the hyenas muzzle as he listened to Loren. I understand! I feel the same, like it's... An array of feelings flowed from Peter, confused and ecstatic and, above all else, content. It feels safer. I feel safer, and happier, and easier. There was no room for embarrassment in the words, for Peter or Loren, the former stomping a paw down near the scuffing claws and leaning in close, so they were nose to nose. It's a good thing! So good!
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
The summoner sent a pulse of understanding towards the other man. That seemed insufficient, so the badger accompanied it with an affectionate nuzzle with his cheek against the hyena’s leg. Well. I hope you get used to hearing it. Loren sent appreciation towards Peter, before happily tussling and tangling with the adopted Launceleyn. However, the summoner made sure to keep his claws and teeth from doing any damage.

As their noses touched, Loren let out a huff of air. Okay, okay you’re right. He gave the other man one of those badger grins though it faded quickly. I hope you know you are always safe, at least with me. The summoner tried his best to project acceptance and welcome at Peter, but Loren wasn’t sure how successful he was at communicating those complex emotions to the other man.
begin at the beginning
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
As Loren admitted he was right, a bright cackle left the hyena's jaws, Peter pulling away so it wasn't directly in the other mans face. Though he wasn't quite confident enough to reply with an easy I know I am, there was the sense of it, shining through their bond.

Peter settled down again as the other's grin faded, lowering himself until he could rest his chin on the squat back of the badger. This was another he wanted to be able to say I know to, but found that wasn't quite right. Its different. Knowing and knowing, its- I need to- I do but. A low growl left him as the idea failed him, even now, when he didn't have to stumble over words. There's things, from before, that say its bad, but I need to tell them its not. And thats time, right? Like with so much else, Peter had no idea if he was making sense, but he hoped that Loren would be able to scrape away some understanding from it.
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Before Loren could fully wrestle down the instinctive response to the hyena's cackle, the honey badger let out a little snarl. However, he immediately sent a pulse of apology to Peter. Sorry! The summoner followed it up by nuzzling against the adopted Launceleyn's leg.

As the other man's muzzle came to rest on Loren's back, he wriggled around until he was laying on his stomach instead. The paws of both his hands and feet batted at Peter's cheeks. Again, the honey badger was careful to put no force and no claws into the movement. That's time. Yes. Though I guess it means I also have to do a better job of welcoming you to the family. Sending a cheerfully teasing wave towards the hyena, the summoner stretched his flexible skin and muscles until he'd freed himself from under the other man's chin.

However he immediately curled up against the adopted Launceleyn's side. I think I met Adam. There was uncertainty in Loren's thoughts.
begin at the beginning
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
His laugh was cut off rather sharply, the honey badgers growl intimidating, no matter its intent. Loren was quick to apologize though, and nuzzle up, so Peter was quick to forgive, warmth flowing out in response.

The summoner wiggles under the weight of his head, so much so that Peter lifted it a little, curiosity and worry in his mind. It was immediately soothed by the paws on his face, Peter eyes closing as he relaxed into the feeling. If this was the beginning of Loren’s welcoming him to the family, it was on the right track. I think I’ll get better. I hope I do. I want to. They were moving away from seriousness again though, something Peter intensely grateful for. He enjoyed the warmth, the softness, far more than the hard edges of past experiences and worry.

Peter stayed still as the badger began to squirm, just for a moment, his head seeming to grow heavier and an amused pulse going between them. He moved easily after that though, thinking Loren was going to step away entirely. It was nice when instead, he curled up against him, Peter moving to curl his body around the smaller one.

You think you met Adam? Peters head cocked, more amusement, and a bit of concern, radiating from him. If Loren thought he did, he probably had, but the way he was saying it made Petter a little wary. {/i}He’s tall, and dark, and loud.{/i} More of a description would probably help, but Peter was too caught up in his curiosity now. Where did you meet him? Did he say anything bad?
PETER
Base Code by Sky!