Asshamed
Koel Ambray
Hunter / Wilderness Guide

Age: 39 | Height: 5' 10'' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Koel had been having a rough go of it. Of course, as a commoner and a former (and now current, he supposed) scout, he was used to roughing it—indeed, even his apartments in the Center while he’d been the Overseer had been too lavish for his tastes—but he didn’t mean the physical conditions or his accommodations (or lack thereof). No, he meant that he’d been trapped under rubble, broken his shoulder, attacked by monsters, badgered by people he knew, threatened by people he didn’t, and experienced all manner of other unpleasant occurrences. So, basically, a typical time for him. The universe seemed to take a perverse pleasure in torturing him; while he long ago given up changing that, it did annoy him to no end.

And now, it was adding insult to injury, or maybe the other way around: he’d picked up a...condition, somehow. At first, he’d thought it was something he could ignore, but it had grown persistently annoying and slightly painful, to the point where it was actually hindering his ability to get anything done. Unfortunately, it was in a rather unfortunate spot and it was a rather embarrassing ailment, so he’d put off dealing with it until he absolutely had to.

Which is why he was here, now, outside the infirmary. Still, even now he hesitated; while there wasn’t anything actually wrong with what he had, he still couldn’t shake the feeling that he’d be ruthlessly mocked if word got out. However, it was now so bad that he absolutely had to deal with. So, steeling his nerves, he entered the infirmary. Thankfully, it seemed relatively empty—which was good because it meant they weren’t dealing with terrible illness and injury and not just because it meant he’d have privacy—and he spotted Isla. While he didn’t know the woman, just of her, he’d heard she was a skilled doctor even without magic.

Shuffling towards her, he sheepishly raised his voice. ”Miss Lockwood? I’m afraid I’m in need of your assistance.” Walking up closer, he glanced around furtively and lowered his voice. ”Is there perhaps a place I can be seen in private?” He felt silly for being so secretive, but better this than people find out he had a rectal rash.

koel ambray
Taking the path of most resistance

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

take your medicine

An empty infirmary was like the calm before the storm - and by no means did it mean that Isla wasn't busy. One couldn't treat patients without tools or medicines, salves or bandages or all the other stuff that seemed so difficult to come across since their transition to this new world. So while there was a lull in visitors she was taking stock of everything they had available, how to get more and what else they might do about the low stores of... most things.

The sound of her name - so formal, too - had her glancing around from where she'd been placing a battered file onto a shelf in what pretty much had become the waiting/reception area to the whole infirmary. Her fair hair was braided messily out of her face and she looked as if she wasn't long up from a nap, but the smile she gave Koel was polite and professional.

"Luckily, my assistance is at your service," she murmured, nodding and motioning for him to follow her through onto the ward. "Of course." She led him into one of the side rooms, clicking the door shut behind them and moving to lean casually against the desk. "What can I do for you?"