All That You Are
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Heroes always get remembered
But you know legends never die
In his many years working as an artist, Bastien had gotten rather practised at evaluating the worth of his own paintings, both for price and quality. As much as he was aware he was prone to exaggeration (never) he thought that the painting he had completed of the Voice was one of his best.

A little taller than him and about three feet wide, it was a large piece; he had had to specially commission the canvas and pay considerably more than usual. But it was for an important cause, so he hadn't minded. In fact, the thought that his art could once again have power had inspired his brush to glide across the surface, the painting coming to life quicker than expected.

The painting depicted the Voice in a soft focus, in a pose not entirely distant from the Madonnas of his world, though that had not been intentional. Colour and light sang from the canvas, swift brush strokes creating something at once vague and intensely detailed. A blue crackling light illuminated the figure from the back and The Voice fixed the viewer with a steady, confident gaze.

Wrapped up and on his back, it was a difficult piece to carry, but Bastien knew before he used the painting how he wished to, he had to speak to The Voice. After all, it was her portrait. At least it was not far to the Atheneum, Bastien arriving late enough that it was relatively quiet - he had asked Rexanna to let him come alone, this time. The Voice and he had not had a lot of time to get to know eachother, and he felt the gap between them.

Setting the canvas, wrapped in it's protective fabric, against a bookshelf, he closed his eyes and dipped his head just slightly before the shrine. "Voce bellissima. May I speak with you?"
mortal kings are ruling castles
Welcome to my world of fun
BASTIEN

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
“You may, bright one. Of course you may.” Oh, such things afoot. Such changes, such leaps and bounds from the Ascended prisoners who had once been trapped behind the barrier. The Voice was near iridescent as she arrived, crackling from the orb behind the hidden bookshelf to appear before Bastien suffused in a halo of light. A soft caress of his cheek and, before anything, an offer to drink - her children would not go without.

“Speak then, my sweet soul. What is it you wish to discuss?” The Old Gods were ratty, impatient, she thought. All the more reason to promote patience and kindness towards her own.

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Bastien smiled as he saw his Goddess. She truly was a beautiful sight, one he knew he could paint again and again and not grow tired of. Truthfully, as much as he was not at all predisposed to insecurity, he had been worried she would turn him away given his less-than-stellar record of showing up for her missions.

He drank when prompted, not hesitating; fluid from the Voice was so different from the satisfaction that could be drawn from mere blood. It filled him with a new energy, a divine energy. It was likely the closest to Godhood he would get so he savoured it, closing his eyes and trying to focus on the fluid flowing into his body.

But there was a matter at hand he had come to discuss. "Well...I have an idea." Stepping back and holding his painting, he began to unwrap it. "Of something I could do, to make the public think about us -- first of all...what do you think?" As the fabric fell from around the canvas, Bastien stood behind his work and let The Voice see it, anxious in a way he had not been about his art in a long time.
BASTIEN

Change author:
the VOICE
The finer things in life were not usually a priority for the Voice. Artistry in any and all its forms detracted from that which was important - expansion, knowledge, power. But that did not mean that it did not have its place, and Bastien’s suggestion was a welcome one that was met with a beatific smile and a crackle of interest from the orb within the bookshelf.

Attention turning to the painting, the Voice gazed upon it with open admiration. “A lovely rendition, I would say. I thank you, bright one. What do you intend to do with it?”

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien was aware of The Voice's priorities, which is why when she showed an interest, enthusiasm even, he was pleasantly surprised and stood even taller with his work, glowing with pride from a God's approval.

"Well. This is why I have come to ask your permission..." He rested the painting on the book shelf so he could move his hands, wanting to gesture and talk excitedly as he made his pitch. "I want to hang it high, in the temple. Above the shrine there. There...has been a definite rise in hostility towards you, towards us, and I think the expectation is that we will curl away in shame."

He shook his head, declaring confidently: "I refuse to do that." Bastien was not sure if The Voice would agree to this, but he had to give it the most bold build up he could. "So I will hang this and it will say to them: look. Our Goddess is just as good as your Gods. She deserves to be here in the temple, higher than anything else. We are not ashamed. Drag out their hostility into the open and see the full extent of it."

Bastien could see it now. "...So...do you approve?"
BASTIEN

Change author:
the VOICE
Ah, but how her bright ones were clever. As Bastien’s idea flourished in full, the Voice seemed to pulse with anticipation, gratitude - a touch of pride, perhaps? Bastien would feel himself grow warm, as if something was bestowing affection upon him. Her response was simple, but definite.

“I approve, bright one,” she said. “Hang it high. Let your brothers and sisters know they are welcome, always, in those same spaces as those who do not possess their light.”

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
The Voice had not even said anything yet Bastien felt himself overcome with a warm pulse of love and smiled, relieved that his work had been accepted.

"Thank you, Lady Voice. I am glad you understand." With the approval given he wrapped the canvas back up, pulling old linen over it to protect the paint until the big day. "I...know that I do not contribute as much as other Ascended." Bastien said carefully as he worked, looking at the knots he was tying. "But I feel that my talents lay elsewhere, like here. You do not want me to go on the quests involving violence...I would come out with a bruised nose and ego and little else."

He was a big man, had muscles, but he had mostly gained them for appearance's sake. Perhaps he was undervaluing himself too much, but he was certainly not a fighter. "I'm hoping to make myself more useful from now on."
BASTIEN

Change author:
the VOICE
Bowing her head in acceptance, the Voice watched quietly by as Bastien wrapped the canvas and hid it away again. As he spoke, she raised an eyebrow, her flickering presence moving around him as if that might let her get a better understanding. “We cannot all be like the Wraith,” she said, her tone suggesting that he may have been comparing himself a jot.

“Your talents are no less impressive, Bastien, whether they lie in combat or in artistry. You are more a priest, an oracle, a prophet...” She smiled beatifically. ”Does that suit you better?”

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"...I forgot she calls herself that." Bastien laughed a little under his breath, shaking his head, though his tone was not one of malice. He was very different from Wessex in almost every way, but he had respect for her.

He smiled back to The Voice at her suggestion with a nod. "Yes. I like oracle especially...I think you need someone to help improve your public image, if you will allow me to say so. So perhaps I am more of a priest, actually. Preaching the positives of this life." Of which they were many; he had found he'd liked being Ascended very much. It felt special, sacred, like something important.
BASTIEN

Change author:
the VOICE
A rarity, for the Voice - Bastien's remark caused a giggle to escape her, the deity sparking with static energy. Indeed, he would feel once more that warmth flood through him; she approved, it was clear. "My oracle, then. My priest." She nodded. "Go forth, Bastien. I trust your guild and your skills will do much to improve the Ascended image. Perhaps you will even find new brothers and sisters in the making, if we are lucky." Chance would be a fine thing.

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
To hear the Voice laugh was a rare thing indeed and Bastien grinned at it, glad that whatever fears he had had about being her least favourite child were apparently unfounded.

"Yes, wouldn't that be wonderful? Well, I'll be sure to paint many more works of your lovely self; I'm sure we will have new Ascended in the tens soon. Thank you for your time." With a smile he bowed slightly then stood up straight, leaving with his painting under his arm, ready to make a wave in history (or a tiny ripple, as the case was).
BASTIEN