Personal Quest let it grow
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
With the end of Deepfrost, Oliver had started to learn that he absolutely loved being outdoors. He especially loved plants, hell, he even had a small potted plant in his room now. With the cold gone, plants had started to arrive, and it was beautiful. To go out on walks and see life, rather than a barren wasteland. That was the truth for everywhere, really. Everywhere except for the Spire.

It wasn’t exactly a welcoming sight to see just a bunch of uninviting dirt. It felt sad. Oliver would avoid the area as much as possible if it weren’t for the fact that people could arrive at any moment. The Spire deserved to have life just as much as anywhere else and the newcomers deserved to see something nice when they first arrived, not a desert. It was enough to motivate Oliver to demand a change and damn well was he going to make that shit happen.

With a few flyers posted around town and his first posting to the Notice Board done, Oliver had officially gotten himself into some deep shit. Gathering the materials was a lot harder than he had initially thought, but not impossible. Carrying them was really the hardest thing. Using a small cart, Oliver had a few shovels, some jars filled with water, and a variety of plant options. That way, if one plant didn’t survive, most likely another would. The plants just needed a chance, that’s all. Soon, the Spire would be filled with life and maybe things would get just a little bit better.

Hello! This is a plant-planting PQ open to absolutely everyone! I would like to start within 48 hours. You can message me in order to save a spot. There will be 3-4 spots available. The posts should be quick and there will be little to no chance of danger.
For now, just write with your character arriving!
1. Jigano
2. Dante
3. Cassandra
4. Kaimana
i saw that my life
was a vast glowing empty page
and i could do anything i wanted
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Jigano had very conflicting feelings about the Spire and its portal at the moment, especially with his new calling from the gods and what had happened to him recently in it. He couldn't avoid the place, but he rarely came closer than the outside of the entry, thinking as he prowled around it in one shape or another and trying to decide what to do about it.

But then he'd seen Oliver's notice on the board, and he couldn't help but smile at the young man's eager enthusiasm to make the world a better place. He had made a good impression on the provost before, so Jigano collected his own bag of seeds that he had begun carrying around with him everywhere and had set out towards the Spire on the appointed day.

He arrived ready for work, dressed not in his usual scholarly clothes but in the rougher work clothes he wore around Rory's farm for planting crops and wrangling goats. A simple grey tunic with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows and patched brown trousers gave him a far more down to earth look than usual, and his white hair was braided tightly back and coiled behind his head to keep the dirt from it. He had brought a trowel of his own tucked into his belt, but he suspected he wouldn't need to use it. He waved to the familiar blond man as he got close, giving him a warm smile.

"Good afternoon, Oliver! This was a wonderful idea." He didn't know if it would work... but the demon hadn't let anyone close enough to plant anything for three hundred years, so maybe with it gone they could undo some of the damage of centuries of enforced negligence of the area.
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DANTE
The sign on the notice board had initially caught his attention just for the name alone. Spire? That sounded intimidating and was new to Dante. After a bit of checking around with the locals as to where the Spire was exactly, and being pointed towards a large obsidian tower (ah, that makes sense, how'd he miss that?), the boy started off with a skip in his step as Flowerbirth lived up to the implications of its name.

At least, until he arrived at the Spire itself. The ground is barren and Dante takes a few moments to stare up at the structure in front of him. Two men ahead of him drag his attention from the Spire (did he fall from there when he got to Caido? How was he not dead?), and he hurries over.

"Hey, uh, are you Oliver?" He directs his question to the younger man of the pair after the other addresses him as such. "My names Dante-- I saw your post on the notice board and thought you could use some extra hands!"

To make it up to you
let me spin and excite you
Cassandra Kaito

Age: 23 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 3 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Cassie
Or Cassandra or Cass or Whatever

Cassie wasn't usually one to go out and meet strangers, but no matter how she looked at it, she couldn't figure out how somebody could run a scam by asking others to help plant a bunch of flowers. The notice on the board was so innocent and good-natured that Cassie had to show up, just to make sure this guy was for real.

No shit, she thought, already finding three people there ahead of her. Maybe she had judged the humans too harshly. More than one had showed up just to plant a couple shrubs? That was almost herd behavior. She approved.

She approached the group cautiously, trying for silence and failing miserably as her new body made it impossible to be light on her feet.

"So, I heard you were planting some flowers," she said, looking at those already gathered. They certainly didn't seem like they were here to plan a murder. I'm Cassie... Hotaru's kid. I can try to help if you'll have me."

Better to namedrop her mother just in case anyone was thinking about mugging her or something. Apparently, Hotaru could be pretty scary when she was pissed.

Code base by Skylark! Flowers by Pennyann on PicsArt
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
the earth has music for those who listen
Of course you come to help with planting things. It's kind of your number one hobby, after all.

You arrive not unlike a rather comical pied piper, positively bounding toward the Spire, a collection of tulips following in your wake. Of course, the closer they get to the Spire the more reluctant they become: by the time you're properly in its shadow they have all but stopped, gathering in a little clump of color a good twenty feet away and sort of shaking their leaves uneasily. You let them stay there, giving them some time to think it over: no need to pressure them too much into something they don't super want.

And there's people to talk to, now.

You find a spot between the two people you don't know, more interested in them for now since they pose greater mysteries. "Hullo!" you declare somewhat too exuberantly, grinning as you look between the assembled group: Jigano, Oliver, and two kids who look like they might even be younger than you (sort of). "I came to watch y'all plant! An' I brought friends, but they're feelin' shy about the Spire." Gesturing back to the tulips you wave to the lot, beaming with pride as a particularly brazen yellow one begins to slowly slink closer through the hard dirt.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

Part of him was absolutely terrified that nobody would show up. Oliver wasn't entirely sure if anyone else was super into planting or really doing things that weren't "super important". So many people scoffed at the idea of baking, sewing, or doing something that wasn't preparing yourself for fights. Oliver, on the other hand, thought that doing those kind of things were essential to a happy life. It's partially why he wanted to organize this little planting session, one that he worried about even having participants.

However, his worries were soon soothed when a familiar face appeared. Smiling at Jigano, Oliver started to relax. It was nice to see someone who was so calm in temperament, as well as being super kind. A light blush appeared when Jigano complimented him. "Good afternoon to you too, it's wonderful to see you, Jigano. Thank you for coming." Jigano thought it was a good idea? Aw.

There was hardly any time for talking as a new face appeared, one that Oliver had never seen before. Looking at the kid, Oliver raised an eyebrow. "You've found the right place. It's very nice to meet you Dante, thank you for coming. I'm sure that I will find a place for you." Oliver hadn't considered that he'd be meeting new people through his posting, then again, he thought that barely anyone would show up. Things were going great!

And they were getting better and better. Yet another new person showed up. Looks like today would be the day for Oliver to meet new people! The person was a bit loud, but Oliver didn't care. He waved her over, smiling warmly. Hopefully she wouldn't be too intimidated, she was most likely extremely new. "Well, welcome Cassie. I'd love to have you help me out with the flowers." He had never met this Hotaru individual, but had heard the name a small bit. He'd have to get to know her some day.

Oliver was prepared to start when one final individual arrived. He shouldn't have been too surprised that Kaimana would make an appearance, especially considering what happened when they first met. Still, it would be nice to have someone super dedicated to nature around. Who knows, maybe it'd be a good luck charm. Oliver expected the 'friends' to be humans or maybe some animals, but glancing over, Oliver saw a massive huddle of tulips. Okay...yeah, this was gonna go great. This kid was like a nature god or some shit. "Well, if you wanna join us, that'd be great. Otherwise you can watch. Maybe soon your friends will decide to join us." Oliver was trying his best to accept that there were apparently sentient tulips probably staring him down.

Taking a couple of steps back, Oliver looked his group up and down. Time to put on his loud, speaker voice? "Okay, so, welcome everyone. Thank you so much for coming. As you all know, this place looks really sad and depressing. So, we are going to bring some life by planting some plants!" He was really trying his best, but never in his life had he ever spoken to a group like this. Oliver tried to talk confidently and stood tall, hoping that he seemed to be a leader for once.

"First, I guess, just pick out a plant, grab a shovel, and then report back to me. If you already have seeds, then that's fine too."

Thank you again for joining!
Just have your character pick out a plant and grab a shovel for now.
The 4 plant options are: apple tree sapling, berry bush sapling, a large pack of flowers, and then finally a pack of small vegetable plants.
No posting order.

OLIVER
i saw that my life
was a vast glowing empty page
and i could do anything i wanted

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
”Wouldn’t miss it,” he assured Oliver with a smile at the young man’s greeting. He was glad to turn his hand to something untainted with blood or the prospect of violence after the horrors of LongNight and the opening of the portal.

He’d thought Oliver was young, but the next two arrivals made him adjust his expectations down a demographic. And then Kaimana showed up, a bubbly ray of sunshine who made Jigano feel old when combined with the other three. The bard couldn’t help but grin and shake his white head as he looked over the gathered flower of Caido’s youth – and the shy tulips trailing Kaimana like tentative puppies – and offered quiet greetings to the pair he hadn’t yet met. He did raise a brow at the girl Cassie’s introduction, a delighted smile brightening his expression. ”Hotaru Wormbane’s daughter?” he checked with a wicked glint of mischief in his blue eyes. ”I’m Jigano. Nice to meet you Cassie – and you as well, Dante.”

He quieted when Oliver stepped back to speak and tell them of his plans, and the bard nodded understanding of the goal. They were all probably unaware of the long history of death that surrounded the Spire, and the blood that soaked the earth to the edge of the Spire Demon’s territory. Even since his own relatively recent arrival Wessex and Ronin had died here, only to later be reborn. Would earth steeped in such violence support the flowers that Oliver wanted to plant? The Oasis thrived in the Spire’s shadow, and the bodies of the dead should have made the earth fertile, so there was hope for the day’s activity.

With a wry smile Jigano stepped forward after the speech, hefting his bag of seeds as he did so. ”I’ve brought a collection from the Oasis and Woodland to see how they do,” he explained, then gave the enterprising young man a wink. ”And a shovel will just slow me down. Just point me where you’d like me to start.”
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You know, after everything he'd seen so far in Caido, sentient tulips really shouldn't be all that surprising. Yet here he was, staring at awe at a line of what were for all he knew, sentient tulips. And some kid that looked about his age controlling them. Well, could he control them if they were sentient? He'd said friends so maybe they could talk? If there was magic here, who knew what else he was missing out. Regardless it all made his head spin.

At least, until he catches sight of Cassandra and for once, his head is spinning for something other than a possible head injury.

But plants. Right. Planting.

"It's good to meet you too, Oliver. And uh, Jigano." He nods his head, lips already curling into the start of an excited grin as he goes over to take stock of what plants Oliver has on hand. "These are nice but, if I'm being honest," And as a teenage boy he always was, "Not as nice as Cassie for joining us." It's a weak line but he follows up with a wink in her direction with only the slightest semblance of shame in the way his cheeks color.

He hadn't anticipated to like the plants of Caido as much as he did, and perhaps it's because of his relationship with Evie that he's so invested, but regardless he's already reaching for the one that looked the most familiar. If it has a name he couldn't tell anyone if asked, but he's already turning away from the wheelbarrow to move out of the way, holding the plant up to eye level to take a closer look, glancing at Cassie out of the corner of his eye.

Dante chose the berry bush sapling
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
You still very much do not like the spire, which you think is important to point out, because it explains what you do next. Or don't do, which is to move closer to the tower at Oliver's invitation to do some planting. You would much rather watch anyway, and so you nod eagerly, plopping yourself down on a nearby stone and watching with eager, wide brown eyes as the others set to work. Oliver's leadership is already a new side of the forgetful man. Who knows what else you'll discover today?

Jigano is doing an experiment of his own, which you're super eager to see. The boy, Dante, seems more interested in the girl than in planting anything: is this a mating ritual? You're not particularly (read: at all) well versed in flirting, but you feel something warm in yourself as you watch, fascinated by the way the boy's cheeks color and waiting for the girl to accept or reject his advances. Is winking part of the courtship ritual? And then walking away?

But of course, even as you're just observing you're still helping in your own, unstoppable way. Around you life begins to flourish, and the more enterprising tulips creep a bit closer, setting down roots in a well dispersed area within a 2m radius of your rock. You hardly notice, though: they are far less interesting than what is happening before you, the small interactions and large acts of human intelligence.

Kaimana chooses to watch! (and his tulips plant themselves)
there's no time to be bored
in a world as beautiful as this
Cassandra Kaito

Age: 23 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 3 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Cassie nodded as Oliver asked her to help. "Of course!" she replied, spotting the pack of flowers.

"Wormbane?" Cass asked, looking flummoxed by Jigano's reply. Her family name was Kaito, but she offered the man a nod in greeting all the same. "Good to meet you!"

Next, she took a solid thirty seconds to stare at Kaimana's tulips. The sentient plants were making her mouth water. Would that make her less than vegetarian? She supposed she'd never know the answer, as this human gut couldn't digest them.

Finally, she noticed Dante on her way to take some of the flowers (flower seeds?) from the pile. It was definitely a weak line. Ouch, she thought, her lips curving up into a grin. Usually, she turned down any advances with a barbed tongue, but she had done almost nothing but resent this body since arriving in Caido. It was nice to know that somebody thought she was beautiful still, even in this strange form. "You think so?" she asked, grabbing a spade. A little flirting wouldn't hurt anybody, right?

((Cassie chose the flowers, as Oliver suggested.))
Blacksmith

Change author:

oliver
It was nice to see everyone talking amongst each other. Today was meant to be a fun, relaxing day. A nice time for everyone to simply enjoy planting flowers, something that didn't require any special skills or something. So to see everyone talking and already enjoying themselves...it made Oliver feel happy. He felt like things were already going great, but now he had to focus on being a leader, the true test to see if he had succeeded.

Things were going as well as they could. Once everyone else had chosen, Oliver moved to pick out the sapling, picking it up along with a shovel. Glancing over at the tulips, Oliver laughed and turned to focus on his group. This wasn't exactly the most organized thing, but at least he was trying his best. "Alright, now, the tulips are a great example of what we need to do next. Go ahead and find a good place for your plants to go. I'd recommend spacing yourself out, that way the plants have enough room for their roots to grow. Once you have found a spot, go ahead and dig a hole or multiple ones, depending on how many things you need to plant. The plant must have all of its roots underground. Go ahead and place it in, but I'll check over and make sure you're good to go before we finish planting them." And with that, Oliver started things off by walking a few feet away for his own tree.

"Give me a call when you're done,"

Okay, so next have your character select a spot and then dig a hole/holes for the chosen plant. Before finishing, Oliver will need to check over their work.
If you cannot read the text, please let me know, I am trying out a new table.
Task: Select a spot to plant and dig a hole/holes. Oliver will verify before they can continue.
NO POSTING ORDER.
don't worry, be purple
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"You should ask her about the Magna Vermis hunt," he suggested to Cassandra with a grin, wishing he could be a fly on the wall to hear Hotaru tell the tale of their glorious(ly messy) vanquishing of three determined foes. Who... just happened to be giant earthworms. Like you did on Caido.

And oh, gods least fortunate, along with spring came hormones and Jigano had to look elsewhere very hard for a few moments while he hid his grin at Dante's awkward flirting. He waved to Kaimana instead, watching the way the plants seemed to pop up around him with open fascination and a bubbling curiosity that not even the Spire's presence could entirely flatten.

Oliver gave his instructions and added a bit of structure to the day, and Jigano nodded solemnly, feeling a sense of eagerness as the sparkling strings of color in his soul seemed to vibrate in readiness. He went to the entrance of the Spire and then paced back twenty-five feet before sinking to his knees, kneeling in the weary, ashen soil that surrounded the massive edifice. Blood and death had reigned over the place for generations, but the time had come to change that. This was the Voice's place, perhaps, but even if the old gods couldn't enter it without a great price he could at least bring them close enough to knock on the door.

He buried his hands in the earth even as invisible fingers plucked at the shimmering threads of his magic. This time he didn't grab and pull so much as run his will across them in a cascade of silent notes, drawing the heat of his healing magic down his arms and into his hands, pushing it out through his skin and into the soil of the Hollowed Grounds as earth and healing magic combined to enrich and renew the ground once more. While he was at it he tugged at the earth in six spots along parallel lines, three on each side of the Spire entrance, pulling it down into shallow holes for his seeds. Each hole was ten feet apart from the one before, and the nearest to the Spire was still ten feet away from it.
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Change author:
Cassie hadn't immediately shut Dante's flirtations down, unlike Evie (understandably) had and for a moment, he isn't sure what to do with himself. His heart and stomach continue their tell-tale acrobatic routine of a flustered young man and he feels color continue to rise in his cheeks as he takes his sapling a few paces away from where they'd initially gathered. Sure he was used to occasionally feeling like such around Clem despite their banter, but that was his best friend and surely different than when a cute girl decided to give him attention.

Definitely different.

He's briefly saved from listening to his own body's cues as Oliver continues to instruct them on how to continue. If anything, it keeps his foot out of his mouth. Though as was his nature it seemed, not for long enough.

"I'm sure anyone who has eyes would agree," Dante glances up as he starts to kneel in the dirt, seeking confirmation from anyone that may take pity on a poor, flirtatiously inept boy. "The flowers are nice but no matter what beauties we plant today, they won't compare to you." Having forgone the option of a shovel, Dante busies his hands with digging a hole in the ground wide enough for the sapling's roots. He occasionally lifts the plant in and out of the hole to gauge how much room he needed, lifting his gaze to catch sight of Cassie every so often as they worked.

Scientist

Change author:
the earth has music for those who listen
So digging holes is kind of, ah, not really what you're going to do. Well, not for your tulips- they've got it pretty much down on their own. But everyone else seems to either have their own thing going (Jigano) or have their own thing going (Cassie and Dante), so you're really not interested in interrupting.

Instead you just sorta sit back a little, tucking your feet beneath you and watching with frank and open eyes as the others dig holes in their own unique ways, your head tilted a little to the side.