Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Listening as Bastien explains his plan for the painting, Wessex finds herself conflicted. She might not have responded but at a look from the painter, she finds herself compelled to add her two cents. “I’m sure She will love it. She loves anything that paints her in a positive light, pun intended. It will probably make some people very angry - they might even tear it down, so I don’t know if you want to risk that - but I’m also tired of apologizing for existing.” Her head shakes back and forth with a sharp exhale. “Though to be fair, that might just be me and my actions.” The two of them are far less controversial. Some might even say Bastien’s utterly harmless if you don’t get in the way of his ego.

Her gaze drops momentarily to her hands. “So I’m sorry if I’ve been the cause of any difficulties.” Or any to come, she should probably say - but won’t. Not yet.

Rex mentions Deimos’s help and it stings a little bit. She’d really wanted to have the big guy as a friend, but the moment he fell for Amalia she knew it wasn’t destined to be. There’s some part of her that can forgive that, understand it even, and another part of her that thinks he’s right up there with Jigano’s hypocrite level, given his past as a soldier. Before she can go deep into the rabbit hole, Wessex is pulled back by Rex’s question about the portal.

Leaning forward, elbows on her knees, she nods. “It is. I’m sure word’s gotten around by now, what with Adam, Loren, and Jigano knowing, too, but I had wanted to keep it quiet because there wasn’t a path to the Citadel set up and there wasn’t an agreement in place until very recently," or so Astor really hopes otherwise timelines are super fucked. "And there was no point going in anyone going over there if they were just going to wander around on an endlessly white Tundra until they die.” Wessex says ‘they’ because the three of them would likely have been ok unless they encountered Ursurs, Frost Giants, or the Tundra folk.

“But it wasn’t easy. And it be the nail in the coffin of my reign.” Not that wearing the crown had been at the core of her identity, but it did make keeping their freedom easier.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated - by Wessex - 11-21-2019, 03:46 PM