Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Has she though? Has she truly done the best she can? Wessex accepts the kindness without protest and returns the squeeze with gratitude, preferring to keep her doubts to herself. If unnecessary apologies do not become her, then neither do unnecessary doubts. When their Lady had said that Wessex had earned the newfound brightness bestowed upon her, she meant everything the woman had done up until now and that meant every choice she’d made. And as there is never going to be a way to see if Wessex had been wrong, it is easiest for them all to just accept what Rex and the Lady (two very smart individuals, btw) say as the gospel gruth.

So instead of dwelling on it, she chuckles and nods at Bastien’s teasing. “Mmmm, unflattering, you’re right. Won’t happen again.”

“I’m not sure you can help. Or if I need it, really. It might be a good thing to be done, it might not be, but we can’t try and guess what’s going to happen.” She shrugs, pauses for a moment and then offers to the both of them, decisively. “I’m inclined to let the cards fall where they will, unless you have a good reason for me to push either way.” Another pause. Their Lady has a vision and they have their instructions and she needs to take care of that vision and their family. “Which means that you should know something else that happened when the portal opened to us. After it was done, The Voice came to me and she made me brighter. Said she would raise me up like the Old Gods have raised others… which makes me think she’s made me a demi-god. Like Safrin did with Ronin.” And Delphia, that weird daughter of Mort. If there are others, she doesn’t know about them yet.

They're the first people she's told and she finds herself nervously awaiting their reactions.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated - by Wessex - 11-24-2019, 02:27 AM