Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
“Exactly. Or, be able to help without draining blood and energy.” She can literally fight fire with fire (or stop it, in this case), stop herself from falling into crevices, and Goddess only knows what else. It’s weak right now, needing a lot of practice to grow stronger and be able to use with precision. Wessex has never been a magic user; she’s relied solely on her own strengths and innovations or the graces of others. Those inherent parts of her can’t be taken away, can’t be lost, unlike everything else in her life. Even with the possibilities available to her now, she can’t see a future where she stops being bull-headedly - no, dogmatically - self-reliant. Everything just becomes… a little bit easier.

Some part of her, deep down, fears it’ll be taken away. Not because she doesn’t trust the Voice, but because all good things leave in the end. People change; they die, or are… defeated.

She gives Bastien a look. Did he not understand that she’d taken the magic from the only Abandoned nearby? “It’s from Rex, obviously.” And as the mage begins to use a different kind magic on the fork, Wessex feels it in the air around her, pulls at the energy, and concentrates on the napkin. It begins to turn more crinkly and less-opaque, until the piece of cloth has been turned into a floaty piece of gauzy material. With a satisfied smile, she places it in Rex’s hand to demonstrate the change. “That’s harder than it looks.”

After a moment, Wessex grows surprisingly serious. “If you could keep this change a secret for a bit, I’d appreciate it. I’ll tell others when I’m ready.”
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated - by Wessex - 12-04-2019, 03:02 PM