dancing like we're made of starlight
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
After his encounter with Frey, Loren had been, well, blessed. However, there were still lingering questions, questions the god of sex had seemed unwilling or unable to answer. Which is why the summoner was here at the shrine by the fields, the one he'd come to understand was dedicated to Safrin and Vi. He'd brought a crystal ornament that he'd bartered for in the market, one that sparkled in every color of the rainbow when the light hit it.

When he'd arrived, he'd found the ever present mud clinging to even parts of the shrine. So he cleaned it off, with magic mostly, making sure the place was immaculate. Only then did he kneel and bow his head, placing the ornament on the altar. "Safrin, I seek your wisdom. Frey has informed me you are the only one with the answers I seek, and I humbly beg you to grace me with your presence." He held his breath, having no idea how or if the goddess might appear.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAFRIN
"I wouldn't believe a single word that Frey has to say about me." Safrin said, her tone dismissive. Leading with the mention of her least liked counterpart might have ended the encounter there, had Loren not cleaned her shrine. That she certainly appreciated.

Appearing in a small puff of starlight, the goddess sat atop the shrine wall, peering down at the kneeling figure. Possessing not the sexual pull of Frey but instead one that could either stir feelings of existential dread or cosmic wonder, Safrin's enigmatic gaze flickered over Loren for a moment before she raised a brow.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The voice from above made Loren lift his head. Safrin’s presence caused an awed look to cross his face and he practically beamed up at her as she sat on the wall. There was fear there too, but he was a master at fighting it off by now. He quickly bowed his head again at her raised brow and dismissive tone though. ”Thank you for answering my prayer, and I apologize for bringing them up, then.” His voice was polite and contrite.

"Still, I was hoping that you, with your infinite wisdom, might answer my questions about Halo." Pausing, he made sure to order his thoughts properly in order of importance. "I have heard legends of mage glass from a child of Rae, of how it can amplify an Abandoned's magic, and that it can be found in Halo. However, the leader of Halo insists there is none to be found. Was he lying?" Keeping his head down, the summoner nevertheless tried to tilt his head so he could look at the goddess from the corner of his eye.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAFRIN
Safrin sniffed at this apology, her eyes trailing to the bit of crystal that he'd brought. Well, at least he had manners it seemed.

"Infinite wisdom is it?" Kicking her feet almost girlishly against the wall, the goddess narrowed her eyes. "Trying to sweet talk me already, mm?" She cooed, clearly not criticizing his efforts as she floating easily to the ground.

"Yes. Unless I am very much mistaken and someone has managed to mine all the mage glass. But were that the case, there would be signs of such power." Her lips pursed a touch at this as she shrugged.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
The corner of Loren’s lips quirked up though he quickly schooled his expression into a politely neutral mask. ”I’m simply acknowledging your divine grace, power, and beauty, recognizing your superior nature.” His words were laced with a great deal of admiration, and most of it was genuine.

However, he finally looked up at her, his eyes widening with surprise. "What signs of power? How do you mine mage glass, and where exactly would you find it?" Realizing his voice had grown perhaps a bit too curious, he lowered his gaze again. "That's good to know, though. Thank you, for sharing your knowledge with me. I very much appreciate it, and your presence." Again, his tone was entirely deferent.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
SAFRIN
"Alright, don't push it." The goddess warned, teeth suddenly sharp.

"Well an increase for one." She said, folding her arms easily across her chest and cocking a hip to the side. "Power comes slowly, as you've apparently seen yourself. Sudden bursts of magic are unnatural." Licking her tongue across her lips, the goddess gave the Launceleyn a pointed stare. "Why would I tell you? Polished as your soul has become sugar, don't think for a minute that erases the tarnished half. The abandoned half. Why would I lead you to mage glass?"

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren bowed his head further in response. As Safrin continued speaking, his brow furrowed. However, he looked up at her and opened his mouth. Then, though, he hesitated, before shifting into his new form, hoping she’d be able to understand him more clearly now. Because my family is in charge of Halo. And the one thing they crave above all else is power. He let his fear and his unease and yes, his anger at his relatives spill out.

They are Abandoned, like me. I know, if there is a tool out there they can use to increase their strength, they will seize it. Indeed, his certainty of that fact was clear. And then they will try to conquer the world, as my cousin tried to subjugate the Hollowed Grounds. His whole body shivered at that though. I would stop them, if I could, prevent that threat from ever arising. He looked up at the goddess, a fierce expression on his honey badger face and let out a small snarl before he got control of himself again. Which is why I asked, and why I think you should tell me. That was nothing but the honest truth, and he tried to project that to her.

Then, though, he lowered his eyes once more. If you choose not to, I will understand. It wouldn't stop him from searching, though.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
SAFRIN
"Tried." The goddess agreed, brow raised. Zariah had tried, failed, and then been sent off into the freezing west without so much as an explanation of what she'd find there.

"Having your kin conquer the people of the world is one thing. I've seen centuries of kings and queens, emperors, khals, presidents, and all the other different names you all give to yourselves. Politics are boring, your quibbles for power ever more so." Safrin said with a bored shrug.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Sending a feeling of agreement, Loren found himself feeling the need to pace. He forced himself to remain still, though his expression was still fierce and his body was tensed. True, to all of that. But it was my understanding that Zariah had been sent off on her errand by The Voice.

The summoner looked up at Safrin again and continued to let his worries about his cousin's designs spill over. I cannot imagine a worse person to have in the service of The Voice, and that's with her current abilities. I can easily see my cousin continuing to ally herself with someone who brought her to a position of power again. He shivered once more, before looking down. I am further concerned what might happen if the Abandoned, my family, are elevated too far. Given the power he already had at his fingertips (well, claws) it was terrifying to imagine what might happen with an artifact that could increase his powers at no cost.

And it was even more terrifying to imagine Zariah getting her hands on it.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
SAFRIN
"She was. What's your point?" Safrin asked, brow raised and eyes narrowed with a growing skepticism.

Drawing her shoulders up in a shrug, the goddess merely pursed her perfectly painted lips and sighed. "All of these problems seem to do with you. Your concerns, your thoughts on your cousin's ascension. I am a goddess little Launceleyn. I don't care about your familial drama. If you think your cousin such a nuisance then go do something about it."

Frey might have been right that indeed Safrin was the keeper of much knowledge regarding Caido, but that hardly meant she simply gave it away. Especially to those who had so clearly aligned themselves to the likes of Frey.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren looked up at Safrin, though his expression had grown troubled rather than fierce, and his thoughts were the same. My point is that I worry my cousin may try to ascend to godhood as well, and that The Voice may try to facilitate that. Lowering his gaze, he felt his resolve strengthen. Alright. I will. The declaration was supported by the full force of his will.

Keeping his eyes downcast, he bowed his head further. Thank you for putting up with me, and for answering my questions. His gratitude towards her was evident. Even though he hadn't exactly gotten the answers he was seeking, he'd learned enough.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
SAFRIN
Tipping her head back, the goddess laughed a high and silvery sound. "You think the Voice would dare share power like that with an abandoned? Oh no. Were such a thing to happen it would come from within her own brood, and even then it's unlikely. Say what you will of her, but the Voice is anything but stupid." Loren's resolute response was met with a mere shrug. Whether he did or didn't was of none of her concern.

Thank you for putting up with me? Ugh. How their self-deprecation bored her. "Is that all, then?" She asked, vaguely wondering who it was that had suggested to these newcomers that the gods cared at all for their minuscule lives and problems.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren looked up again, an uncertain expression on his honey badger face and in his mind. Wasn't The Voice once an Abandoned, before she rose to power? And didn't she already share her power with at least one Abandoned, bringing her into her brood while allowing her to retain her magic?"

A claw scraped uneasily against the floor. And are you not concerned with her followers gaining power, regardless of who or what they are? Then the summoner shook his whole body. I will oppose Zariah, though, like I said." His mind was completely made up about that.

Once more, he gazed at the ground. Well I was going to ask you if you could confirm whether the man who claims to be my twin is actually my twin, but I imagine you will tell me that is something I can and should discover on my own. He paused for a moment, thinking furiously about other questions he had for Safrin that he felt worth the risk. Is there anything we can do to navigate the lightning storms around the Hollowed Grounds?"
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
SAFRIN
The passive-lecturing tone set the goddess's teeth on edge. It reminded her exactly of Jigano and in that moment, she wondered if Loren would last more or fewer rounds in her galactic chains compared to the Sage. "Why yes she was." The goddess sang back, her voice mocking as if she were speaking to a small child who'd learned to say 'please' or something equally mundane. "Do you think you know more than I do about this subject, Loren? By all means, please feel free to enlighten me since you seem to be implying I've made some error."

Times like these Safrin truly missed more regular smitings.

"Well since you already have an idea of what I'll say, I suppose I'll just save my breath, then."

At the mention of the lightning storms, Safrin raised a brow. "Sure. Gain more power than Rae. Then you'll be able to move them. Barring that? No."

Coding base by Sky!